Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Heavy weapons should allow users to run normally.

OP Shone Olive

Back in the Halo 3 days, it made sense for people using these weapons to be slowed down, but now that sprinting, dashing, and clambering are basic mechanics, there is no reason that players should be slower than the basic Spartan running speed as they carry heavy weapons such as the splinter cannon or gatling gun. Anyone else see what I'm getting at?
Players are still slowed down carrying heavy weapons around like the Forerunner Turret and UNSC Chaingun
Back in the Halo 3 days, it made sense for people using these weapons to be slowed down, but now that sprinting, dashing, and clambering are basic mechanics, there is no reason that players should be slower than the basic Spartan running speed as they carry heavy weapons such as the splinter cannon or gatling gun. Anyone else see what I'm getting at?
No. It is more about game balancing.
There should be an easy way to get the damn thing up on the lift platforms in Attack on Sanctum, or any raised platform for that matter. Only way to do it now is to get lucky and jump off of a vehicle if one is available. They should extend the range that they can be picked up or something.
yes they should make you have normal waking speed and the gatling gun should not overheat
I agree with the OP. Those turrets suck anyway, moving a little faster would make them suck less
yes they should make you have normal waking speed and the gatling gun should not overheat
Stop calling it a gatling gun!
Easy answer, get rid of sprinting, clambering, etc.
If you have been playing online multiplayer games for fewer than 5 years I suggest you do not talk about game mechanics or balancing.
If you have been playing online multiplayer games for fewer than 5 years I suggest you do not talk about game mechanics or balancing.
I know it's late as hell, but I'm going to set the record straight here. I have been playing online multiplayer for fourteen years, so don't give me that.

Even if I hadn't, it doesn't take an arbitrary amount of time to understand that a weapon that isn't all that powerful should not prevent you from climbing and sprinting while simultaneously draining your basic movement. There is no reason for these weapons to behave that way. Please don't be so conceited.
(Double post)
gunduck10 wrote:
Easy answer, get rid of sprinting, clambering, etc.
No way I like sprint and clamber. Get rid of spartan charge tho
No way, they are like that for a reason plus most are only 2 - 3 reqs.
You can move normally with the Hunter's claw, but I think it's fine that people move slow with the turrets.
I agree, turrets are crappy enough as is
Being able to move normally with turrets would disrupt the balance of the game.