1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 37
If I'm not killing more than I'm dying, I'm not having fun.
Far too important. Well, depends on the game mode.
In my opinion, K/D does not matter at all! I mean, check out warzone game type. You'd see a guy with let's say 45-50 kills still below in carnage report cause that DOES not make much of a difference, yes maybe controlling the map. Maybe not letting people come to the base is one thing. But camping just to save up your K/D is not at all a good idea. I personally have come across a lot of people (including myself, I wouldn't lie) thinking that K/D is everything. But no! It's absolutely not! Someone with amazing K/D may not be a team player.

All in all, it's all about perspective. The way I look at it. I do concern my K/D time to time. Yes, I keep checking whether I helped my team while maintaining my K/D and most of the time the answer is Yes! And that satisfies me and at the end of the day, it's just a game and we all are here to have some fun!
I like to be up on kills, more so cause I can tell I've helped the team more. Not getting a kill isn't an issue, it's called an assist.

Last time I checked, unless it's a free for all as long as your team wins, what's the problem?
Yes and no... if you die a lot more than making kills... you're the reason why the team is loosing.....it's all matchmatics.
M3TAL wrote:
In my opinion, K/D does not matter at all! I mean, check out warzone game type. You'd see a guy with let's say 45-50 kills still below in carnage report cause that DOES not make much of a difference, yes maybe controlling the map. Maybe not letting people come to the base is one thing. But camping just to save up your K/D is not at all a good idea. I personally have come across a lot of people (including myself, I wouldn't lie) thinking that K/D is everything. But no! It's absolutely not! Someone with amazing K/D may not be a team player.

All in all, it's all about perspective. The way I look at it. I do concern my K/D time to time. Yes, I keep checking whether I helped my team while maintaining my K/D and most of the time the answer is Yes! And that satisfies me and at the end of the day, it's just a game and we all are here to have some fun!
In Warzone.. your K/D is not even mentioned.
team work and wins is where its at
It isn't important but I want to keep it over 1.00
K/D doesn't matter, what matters is how good you are at the game. In the science field, it is well known that correlation does not equal causation.. There can be an outside source causing someones K/D to be high, such as their play style. They could be a huge camper, or run away from fights, or play only Infection and kill a lot of zombies and when they are a zombie they don't play. Typically, what I find with players who are overly concerned with their K/D ratio is that it causes them to be a horrible team player. They do not want to make huge, high-risk pushes in the game to obtain map control, or defend a teammate in a firefight. This ideology is cancerous to the game itself, because from my experience, the end result is the player giving up the game because their need for a high K/D ratio is too stressful and creates an undesirable gaming experience.
I wish I could like your post more then once, 10/10 fully agree
I care way more about win loss
Having fun is the most important thing.. having said that I'd be disappointed if I didnt have a + K/D
Wins>K/D
I have no interest in kd, it can go up or down if it likes
It depends on the score of the game.
Winning is all thats important in Halo and every Halo before that. Yes in slayer getting a ton of deaths don't help your team but still breaking even is fine if your helping your teammates.

Also considering the matchmaking is working then you should go up against players of similar skill as you so getting really high K/D every game is not easy tbh..
Don't really care about my k/d I just enjoy playing the game
Win/loss is the most important.
KD means nothing inless you only play slayer and breakout.
As I mainly play solo I like to have a good KD so when I'm looking for a team it isn't too hard to find decent people.
Win/loss is the most important.
KD means nothing inless you only play slayer and breakout.
False. If you spend the entire game respawning you will lose regardless of what gametype it is.
K/D doesn't matter, what matters is how good you are at the game. In the science field, it is well known that correlation does not equal causation.. There can be an outside source causing someones K/D to be high, such as their play style. They could be a huge camper, or run away from fights, or play only Infection and kill a lot of zombies and when they are a zombie they don't play. Typically, what I find with players who are overly concerned with their K/D ratio is that it causes them to be a horrible team player. They do not want to make huge, high-risk pushes in the game to obtain map control, or defend a teammate in a firefight. This ideology is cancerous to the game itself, because from my experience, the end result is the player giving up the game because their need for a high K/D ratio is too stressful and creates an undesirable gaming experience.
So true, well put. I couldn't agree more. Although it is nice to look at your stats after a long day of playing and to see yourself going positive. Rightfully so, in the end it doesn't matter. Too many variables.
I get annoyed if I come out in the negatives, as long as I break even, I'm pretty happy.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 37