OP xDigitalxBath

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 35
  4. 36
  5. ...
  6. 37
As long as my K/D in real life is above 1.0 I'm ok
It does not bother me that much. Personally, I loathe this statistic and am always campaigning to have personal KDA removed as it breeds too much negativity. Since Halo 5 is "all about the win" I would have liked to see it completely replaced with personal WLA (win loss average) which makes more sense in the grander scheme.
I care but I don't care...I just try to play well and the rest takes care of itself.
Sometimes I have a bad night playing...and I'll be like...man I suck.
as long as its either close to or over 1 im not fussed, its just when matchmaking puts you against wrong competition and it makes it not fun to play. that along with warzone spawning you where you just got sniped, so you get sniped again. lol
K/D is important to me only because that is the CoD mentality side of me. Because in CoD, my only competition was.... myself... always trying to get a better K/D and higher accuracy. In Halo, historically, i have been all about 1 thing... DONT EVER GO NEGATIVE. If you go +1 every game (talking about TS of course), you have done your duty of helping your team win, and ensures that you werent the weakest link if you lost.
My KD is important to me only in terms of being a gauge to measure my own personal improvement in game, and trying to make sure I am doing my part for the team. Other than that I couldn't care less.
bSin wrote:
I'm happy to be in the plus side, but as long as I'm having fun, that's my #1 concern.

One of my friends was concerned, but his favorite thing to do is drive the warthog. Eventually he stopped caring as long as he was doing his favorite thing. Assists should maybe be it's own ratio since so many people are concerned. The main thing is that your team is contributing to the win and assists show that which I think people forget.
I don't think people will ever care about assists. Unless they are going after a commendation or specific boost.
I understand what you mean, but some clans require a k/d ratio. If you're a person that is an excellent driver and never kill anything, it won't be reflected.
Do you know if it's tallied in halo 5? K/D was usually pretty straight forward, but now it can be 1.7
It's all about the Win.

Best example I can give is that I often sacrifice myself by boarding and destroying a Scorpion tank. Did I die? Yes. Does it help get the win? Yes. Therefore it's the right play.
My K/D isn't impressive, but I could not care less, it's all about the W/L which is much better.
K/D doesn't matter, what matters is how good you are at the game. In the science field, it is well known that correlation does not equal causation.. There can be an outside source causing someones K/D to be high, such as their play style. They could be a huge camper, or run away from fights, or play only Infection and kill a lot of zombies and when they are a zombie they don't play. Typically, what I find with players who are overly concerned with their K/D ratio is that it causes them to be a horrible team player. They do not want to make huge, high-risk pushes in the game to obtain map control, or defend a teammate in a firefight. This ideology is cancerous to the game itself, because from my experience, the end result is the player giving up the game because their need for a high K/D ratio is too stressful and creates an undesirable gaming experience.
This.
I don't care about KD. If I was a professional or trying to become one, sure. Given that I play for fun, I don't care about it other than to point out if I did well or not within a particular match.
Not much, I actually enjoy trying to get more assists than kills.
I don't care about my K/D in Warzone, but I care about it in Arena. I mostly play Slayer and if my K/D was below 1 I wouldn't be helping my team.
K/D doesn't matter, what matters is how good you are at the game. In the science field, it is well known that correlation does not equal causation.. There can be an outside source causing someones K/D to be high, such as their play style. They could be a huge camper, or run away from fights, or play only Infection and kill a lot of zombies and when they are a zombie they don't play. Typically, what I find with players who are overly concerned with their K/D ratio is that it causes them to be a horrible team player. They do not want to make huge, high-risk pushes in the game to obtain map control, or defend a teammate in a firefight. This ideology is cancerous to the game itself, because from my experience, the end result is the player giving up the game because their need for a high K/D ratio is too stressful and creates an undesirable gaming experience.
This.
In Halo 5 their is not really such a thing as "camping", but if your negative in a game mode like Free For All, breakout or Slayer then you would be rushing too much and not controlling the map.
This.
Exactly, it definitely affects players in a negative way and this can be seen from their play style. If personal KDA is removed then we will see a positive change in behaviour.
K/D ratio is the most important thing to me. its what separates a winning team from a losing team. I am mostly a ps4 guy this generation, but Halo5 MP is really really great. I'm still having a hard time finding a good clan to join so my win percentage isn't so hit or miss due to playing with so many scrubs.
I could care less about my kd. IM in for fun and the win, if that means driving the warthog instead of gunning, giving up power weapons for team mates, or repeatedly charging into a hail of grenades for the flag, Im in. This COD caused kd and accuracy craze is stupid. Does anyone else remember spraying endless round from the back of a warthog in Ce just for amusement? Bring the fun back. If I wanted to be an uptight kd obsessed nerd id go to COD. This is halo. Just have fun and run with your team.
As long as I'm contributing to the win and having fun, k/d doesn't matter. Obviously the goal is to win, but it doesn't matter.
wait till you see my kd when ranks finally reset after the first season. -8 baby. IM sick of being over ranked and getting ownes.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 35
  4. 36
  5. ...
  6. 37