2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 37
I'm only playing team slayer at the moment with randoms and it's pretty frustrating regarding the CSR rating which only relies on W/L.

I can easily go from top K/D to bottom K/D the next game. No one seems to have their mic's turned on, so unless you work together its a bit of a knightmare. Lone wolf doesn't cut it.

I'm starting to get used to the radar which causes more deaths that I can count. I'm trying to ignore it, but its hard. (Not sure why its so hard, as we used to play custom games without the radar, but if its on the screen, I keep getting drawn towards it and it's just a distraction).

Started badly on the first couple of days and was -300 and in bronze class.

It's quite hard to get outside of the class when playing with randoms. Got up to Silver 6 and then went back down to Silver 2 and back up again.

Nearly back to a 1.0 KD which doesn't meant anything, but is something to aim for I guess.

If I can get some of my mates to stop playing Halo Wars and team up, I could probably push it towards 1.5.
I hate going negative, but if we win and I have good number of assist, I did my job.
Just having fun with the game, screw K/D. Its a game and we need to have fun.
I'd rather have a positive kd obviously.
I think caring about your K/D spawned after the COD franchise took off. I know that personally, I never cared about my K/D until after I get into COD. I had 50 in multiple playlists on Halo 3 and never even cared to look at what my K/D was. Now, while it's not great, I try to at least keep it over 1. But this game is much more about team work and is more about winning than a high K/D.
K/D doesn't matter, what matters is how good you are at the game. In the science field, it is well known that correlation does not equal causation.. There can be an outside source causing someones K/D to be high, such as their play style. They could be a huge camper, or run away from fights, or play only Infection and kill a lot of zombies and when they are a zombie they don't play. Typically, what I find with players who are overly concerned with their K/D ratio is that it causes them to be a horrible team player. They do not want to make huge, high-risk pushes in the game to obtain map control, or defend a teammate in a firefight. This ideology is cancerous to the game itself, because from my experience, the end result is the player giving up the game because their need for a high K/D ratio is too stressful and creates an undesirable gaming experience.
I've noticed that the higher the KD, the less people help the team in objective gametypes. My .67 kd is fine with me, I'd rather attempt to win the game than get a massive amount of kills and still lose.
Honestly...I don't give a dam about k/d
Win/loss Ratio is far more important to me, I like winning.
KD = Pointless. Unless if you are like Gollum and it's your "precious".
No I don't care for KD
It's moderately important to me. I'm trying to get it back above a 1.0, but I'm not gonna stop playing the game if I cant. I figure as long as I keep playing, it will eventually rise on its own as I get better and practice. It's been a few years since I've played Halo this often, so I'm out of practice, but it'll come back to me
It's important enough. Your not worth much in a slayer game if it's horrible. But you can be an excellent competitive player with a k/d around 1. Even if it's a bit under. Although I do try to place emphasis on not dying more so than getting a kill. I find this mindset keeps me from playing sloppy, keeps me from chasing that 1 kill to set up an easy double for the other team. So in a way it is important to me atleast, not so much because I want to brag about it, but because seeing it close to 1 means I made all my deaths count.
Two weeks ago, I would have said "I don't care about K/D. It's just a 'nice to have.'". But, like a lot of people, I'm still adjusting to the mp for halo 5 and when I saw that my k/d was around 0.9, I dug in, rolled up my sleeves and focused on a staying alive a little more than I had been. I'm proud to say I'm now sitting on a mighty 1.01. Woot. MLG, baby!!

So I guess I was either lying to myself during previous halo games when I had an acceptable k/d, or simply knowing that the poor souls who get matched with me would literally be better off on their own was a big motivator.
k/d has bo affect on the way i play, if rather run into a gun fight and try and win rather than play safe and keep my K/d high, people who care too much about it are not enjoying the game to its full capacity
i don't really care about my KDA as long as i don't do absolutely awful.
I think it depends on the game type you play. If I'm in a slayer game and go negative, I know I've done poorly, I've not helped my team. But if you're playing an objective game type, such as CTF, its far less important, providing you're contributing by capturing flags and defending your flag and such
I just have fun playing the game. Even if I do die a lot, I find a way to still have fun.
Mine is 1.0 even when I only played Warzone for like 48 Hours and barely any Arena...

1. KILLS
  2. DEATHS
...so i'm killing AIs for my K/D to stay above 1 clearly. Without them, it'd be like 0.7 probably.

I'm probably the worst player here haha.
Normally, I do. An unhealthy amount. But halo 5 has taught me patience. Screw it. I'm just going to enjoy myself. I've always been a solid halo player. This halo has been a bit more challenging to adjust to. I love it tho. First few days were mind numbingly annoying. I was getting so frustrated with it. The shorter radar, the fast kill times, the new weapon balance. Everything was new, so I couldn't just jump in and tear it up like all the other halos I'm so familiar with.
That being said, I'm not worried about my k/d in this game. It's t ash at the moment, thanks to my lack of knowledge of the maps or mechanics fresh out of the gate. But that's OK! Because I am really enjoying myself with this game, it's such a smooth halo to play. I really like it =) so I'm just going to have a good time, and roll with the punches. I'll get way better as time goes on. I'm already doing great in most games now. I can only progress.
I think the real problem is that, you might have been good in reach or h4 and you are no longer competitive. Face it.
yes. Coming from reach and h4 it's very difficult in h5 to be able to accept that you can't dominate anymore like before.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 37