Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

How many controllers have you broken ??

OP xDumbKnutx

The reason i think people break controllers is not because they suck, it just the game,(LAG!!!,Boltshots,Armorlock,matchmaking search failure,shotty camper,camo sword etc ..out of all the halo's theres always something that makes you SO MAD ....campaign ending(cough ..reach..cough), matchmaking, AA, etc ,
So how many controllers have you broken throughout your years playing halo and why??
If you REALLY want people to read and answer your post, you might want to consider fixing your font. It's hurting my eyes. :/
Xbox controllers have proved to be fairly durable over the years for me. Damange on those has largerly come from wear and tear. Like my Halo Reach controller that currently has had so much of it's silver paint get worn off that it's underside is white.
Quote:
If you REALLY want people to read and answer your post, you might want to consider fixing your font. It's hurting my eyes. :/
Thought that was only me.
I've never broken a controller out of anger. I've had two that I've stopped using because I wore them out, though; the sticks/triggers started resting improperly (and freaking squeaking to top that off).
None.

This game isn't good enough to play for longish sessions to the point I get frustrated due to the poor game design and awful networking.

Sounds like you need to do other things to break up the monotony of Halo 4 OP.
Broke one controllers when I use to play halo 3 some years back I was playing crap one night so I checked it out of house.
I still use my Halo 3 Edition controller from the first Xbox 360 I owned back in 2007. The rubber is wearing off the thumbstick, but it's still usable. I have about 5 or 6 wireless controllers and all still work fine.

If you break a $50 controller out of anger, maybe video games aren't for you.
Only the cheaper ones. My son insisted we by some that lit up, and they had a tendency to snap the flange off the right trigger when clenched.
I never have broken anything electronic in a fit of rage. I'm an adult. If a game is upsetting anyone to the point of throwing away money you need to trade in your game, take a walk, and develop other means of expressing frustrations in a healthy way.
The only xbox 360 controller that ever broke for me was a Razor Onza but it just kinda fell apart (right thumbstick was jacked up and the casing never seemed to really fit as it would make a weird popping noise if you squeezed it).
Not in Halo ,4 but in the past I've broken 3(4) controllers out of rage or just being in a bad mood. I've also broken a few consoles out of rage.

That (4) controller is actually a funny story though,
I was playing Reach way back when and I was in matchmaking doing my thing and my brother was watching me play. For some reason every few minutes the Xbox guide would pop up and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I tried unplugging the battery, cleaning it, nothing would work and it started to happen more and more frequently to the point where out of rage/annoyance I just got up and smashed my controller over the coffee table rendering it useless.

A few seconds after that my bro got up off the couch and we found out he had been sitting against a second controller and he kept hitting the guide button everytime he moved. -_- I was so cheesed, perfectly good controller broken for such a dumb reason.
Quote:
THIS^^^^^^^^
I have broken at least 10 controllers playing Halo lol. I just get so into it and start mashing buttons and ripping off the sticks xP lol
I've seen a friend of mine literally rip a 360 controller in half with his bare hands in rage.

He's a big guy, but still. That -Yoink- was crazy.
Quote:
The reason i think people break controllers is not because they suck, it just the game,(LAG!!!,Boltshots,Armorlock,matchmaking search failure,shotty camper,camo sword etc ..out of all the halo's theres always something that makes you SO MAD ....campaign ending(cough ..reach..cough), matchmaking, AA, etc ,
So how many controllers have you broken throughout your years playing halo and why??
I haven't personally broken any controllers. But 7 of my controllers are not working correctly. They either have slow-turn, a few buttons stuck or not working, or just won't turn on.

A few years back I had a friend of mine mash his headset in a wall though.

In a free for all game with 3 players I think, on Halo 3.

- "If you kill me one more time I am going to destroy my headset"

- "Okey" *Kill him*

- "aiajkldahuadsodlejkdalsjd" *Mic stops working*

- Gets a message a couple of minutes later "Mic stopped working, can't talk".
Quote:
I've seen a friend of mine literally rip a 360 controller in half with his bare hands in rage.

He's a big guy, but still. That Yoink! was crazy.
I've done that myself, got so annoyed by something, I snapped a controller in two (well three really!). it was a custom one too.

If i get that annoyed again, I just turn it off, before I hit something.
None. They cost too much money to break.