Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

How to Improve the Social Section

OP Dark Priest777

The Social Section we can all agree on is far better than the Ranked Section. It's very fun, but it still needs improvement. For starters, Super Fiesta. It's great, but its only real flaw is that the maps for it are terrible. The Arena maps in Halo 5 are overall horrible because they're meant for enhanced movement, Call of Duty style gameplay. Super Fiesta and a lot of other old Social gamemodes like Social Slayer, Rock and Rail, Mythic Shotty Snipers, and Team Skirmish would be much better if they all exclusively played on Community Forge maps made for them. This is why BTB(though 343 should have dev maps for it like Bungie did in the past but at this point, screw it), Grifball and Infection are so successful and fun. They have maps made exclusively for those gametypes. Do this for all the others and you'll see a lot more people playing Social.

Oh and one more thing. Please get rid of all the loadout weapons in Super Fiesta. They're so useless, its not even funnier. Not to mention how they just muddy the weapon pool given how there are so many of them. With all the loadouts gone, it'll increase all our chances of getting our hands on some chaotic weapons more often. I can't tell you how long it's been since I've spawned in with a Nornfang or a Gavel.
We just need more maps in general.
The Social Section we can all agree on is far better than the Ranked Section.
I don't agree with this at all, based solely on the looser (now much looser) search restrictions in social matchmaking, but I'd be curious to know more about why you feel this way. Is it just because of the goofy gametypes?
I don't agree with this at all, based solely on the looser (now much looser) search restrictions in social matchmaking, but I'd be curious to know more about why you feel this way. Is it just because of the goofy gametypes?
I think Social is better because Ranked is so boring. I can play it, but I just have no interest in it. Most of the maps are bad and its always filled with tryhards. I like fighting against tryhards, but not every game. That and Team Arena only has CTF and Strongholds. Ranked back in Halo 3 was worlds better. The maps were much better, it had a wide variety of objective modes, and there weren't anywhere near as much tryhards as there are now. You didn't really got big tryhards until you got to Level 30 and above.
I think Social is better because Ranked is so boring. I can play it, but I just have no interest in it. Most of the maps are bad and its always filled with tryhards. I like fighting against tryhards, but not every game. That and Team Arena only has CTF and Strongholds. Ranked back in Halo 3 was worlds better. The maps were much better, it had a wide variety of objective modes, and there weren't anywhere near as much tryhards as there are now. You didn't really got big tryhards until you got to Level 30 and above.
I can appreciate where you're coming from, but from the perspective of a really bad and lazy player I find that in social gametypes about 99% of the players are better than me because the system can't be bothered to find the other scrubs. In ranked the situation isn't much better, but it is some. So ultimately I'd prefer to have a fighting chance at a balanced game of vanilla slayer than one guaranteed pummeling after another in grifball or action sack or, heaven forbid, fiesta, where the enemy will spawn with a sword and a rocket launcher and I will spawn with a plasma pistol and a boltshot every single time.
I just want a social slayer playlist with a mix of dev and forge maps
Make fireteams in social max size that would fix it
Well, I guess they listened because you just got new maps added to fiesta.