Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

i SUCK at multiplayer so what do i do?

OP TerribleTucker1

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
i always find myself getting utterly destroyed and can't seem to figure out why. i don't know if I'm just bad or if I'm just really unlucky and get pros and hacks. it drives me crazy and my k/d seems to drop every game. my friends say I'm good but i jump in to a MP game and get reckt. I think it might have something to do with the team generation because i feel one team is always much better. i know map control and things of the sort but the enemy team seems to out do me even when i have the good stuff. i can't stand getting constantly reckt and i play at least on to five hours weekly. i try and try and try. i try pre-aiming, i try strafing but they don't help because the enemy seems to always land their shots. i don't know if they're hackers or if I'm just unlucky and it is insanely frustrating. i can't help but feel I'm a bad player and would love some advice. i know there is almost certainly little to no hackers but it makes me feel less bad. lol. i usually get on or two positive tens on the other team so either the teams need to change or somethings not right. or maybe I'm just dumb. this isn't meant to offend or trigger anyone and i just looking for guidance. maybe some other noobs like myself can benefit as well so don't hold back advice.
Got any gameplay or VODs to share?
Play with friends, try diferent ways to play, change your buttons options & sensibillity. And enjoy
You should play with us.
I say just play more the more you play the better you can get.
I was really bad and felt discouraged until recently I have been practicing more. It's all practice. Forget playing with friends or crews that just puts more pressure on you during matches, and likely will make you nervous because you don't want to suck in front of them. Just observe the people who you are up against and notice things about the way they play such as if they run around all over looking for enemies, or if they are defending a key point of the map. learn the regen times of power weapons and play with your stopwatch to always be the first to take them. I know I'm not a very outstanding player to be giving advice but I feel like encouragement from people who can relate to your feelings toward matchmaking is important.
bumper jumper and then practice tracking and strafing
just practice and do octagons
play btb 8v8, play flag and bomb, zone control, asset denial, and get in a vehicle and have fun. since the gametype is objective based you dont have to worry as much about your skill and more or securing the objective as a group ;)
I'm not an expert myself by any means, but i usually try to stick with my team and have my reticle pointed at areas where I know people are going to walk/run through.
Analyze your faults and keep playing to correct them
Just play. Nobody was born to play like pro, it's just experience and skill that's made using that experience. So, the more you play and try to learn, the better you will be! GL and wish you the best! :D
I get how you feel. I've had plenty of matches where it seems no matter what strategy Ill get taken down so quickly. Then there's other games where I hold my own and have tons of fun.

I like to switch up the game modes and the strategy for each map to keep it fresh.
i always find myself getting utterly destroyed and can't seem to figure out why. i don't know if I'm just bad or if I'm just really unlucky and get pros and hacks. it drives me crazy and my k/d seems to drop every game. my friends say I'm good but i jump in to a MP game and get reckt. I think it might have something to do with the team generation because i feel one team is always much better. i know map control and things of the sort but the enemy team seems to out do me even when i have the good stuff. i can't stand getting constantly reckt and i play at least on to five hours weekly. i try and try and try. i try pre-aiming, i try strafing but they don't help because the enemy seems to always land their shots. i don't know if they're hackers or if I'm just unlucky and it is insanely frustrating. i can't help but feel I'm a bad player and would love some advice. i know there is almost certainly little to no hackers but it makes me feel less bad. lol. i usually get on or two positive tens on the other team so either the teams need to change or somethings not right. or maybe I'm just dumb. this isn't meant to offend or trigger anyone and i just looking for guidance. maybe some other noobs like myself can benefit as well so don't hold back advice.
I dont know how long you been playing Halo but it is definitely one of those games where you have to be like on your -Yoink-, aware with no distractions, if you're trying to play competitive. Besides that for me Halo has always been one of those games where it seems like one game the shots connect perfect and other games it doesn't. Ive always experienced that since i first started. I'm no pro but I've been playing for a lot of years and most people I've played with feel and have felt the same way I do. I don't know how the actual pros feel about it but I'm curios. There are definitely people who have moded controllers and I'm starting to think that there may be more of those people out there than I've thought. The actual advice I have, I try to tell myself all the time is just try to have fun, it is a video game after all. Its hard to have fun and win when you're frustrated.
Try sticking to Social Slayer and simply play the game modes that you find most entertaining! Skill comes with time so stick to it!
Try sticking to Social Slayer and simply play the game modes that you find most entertaining! Skill comes with time so stick to it!
Also ranked though, Ranked improves you more than social does I'd say. One of the reasons so many people don't play ranked is cuz they played social the whole time and never got used to better or different players. Ranked is a must when coming to improvement.
Possibly adjust some of your sensitivity and aim settings, practice strafing left and right and tracking things as they move to improve aim. In regular modes utilize the radar, if there is an arrow above or below you know if the enemy is above or below you on the map, no arrow means they are same level. Positioning is key, find yourself power positions in each map that can overlook high traffic areas. Then you can get more reps in. Simple little things make the biggest changes.
Join the Halo Community discord channel. You get to meet some really good players. I been playing with a lot of the Halo community discord and am having a blast. We don't win all the time but we have fun. IF you want to play good just watch some YouTube videos on how pro players play. Learn what weapons drop on the map and stay together and shoot the same target.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3