Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

[Locked] Idea to maybe tryin stop quitters in ranked?

OP SG FeLLoN

So I solo queue in Slayer ALOT because everyone I know doesn't play H5 they play APEX or PUBG or something. So I'm trying to solo queue and earn my onyx (pretty hard feat I have to admit) I've gotten to D5 multiple times and I think even D6 once or twice not 100% sure on that one though. But it's such a grind to even get this high with how many players quit in the middle of the match or are just plain not playing standing still giving the other team free kills(I won't even get into the teammates of low ranks that always seem to end up on my team when we r facing a team of 4 that r all D6+ and my team is made up of me(D2-D5), another D5or6, then a no rank who goes 4-16, and then finally a plat 1 who goes 3-19. And yes that does happen more than you think). I understand fully that everyone has a bad game every now and than and I'm no exception but what bothers me is the kids who quit mid game when the score is 23-17. I mean we are only down by 6 and it's not even halfway through the game yet, and I give this example because I had a good 5-6 games in a row where I had a kid quit even when we were winning the match a kid said "I'm not playing good I'm done" and quit when he was just -2. Quitting mid match is A HUGH PROBLEM LATELY AND ITS GETTING WORSE AND WORSE. I was thinking that what if 323 made it so that after the game has started and a minute into the game the leave game/quit game button is not able to be pressed so ur not able to leave the game. Idk if this would stop everyone from quitting cause they could hit the home button and quit game like that but I'm sure it would stop some people from quitting. I get when u have 2 teammates quit on u and it's 2 on 4 and they are spawn killing u ever spawn pretty much you want to quit cause some people don't want their kd to take a hit ya the leave button should be able to be pressed then but what Im saying is when your in a 4v4 after 1 minute has passed the quit button should be gone. What do you guys think? What do you think they could do to combat people quitting all the time? Lmk what you guys think!! !!
Doesn't matter what they do to try and curb quitting, people will still do it. Doesn't matter if the Leave Game option is gone, people will just dashboard quit. There is no solution to this.
Ya I agree that they will dashboard I said that but I also said that it might make kids not quit the game SOMETIMES and stay just because going to dashboard to quit will involve having to restart the whole game and loading the opening cinema and menu etc. I mean even if it helped people not quit as much like even %1 less I would be ok with the change. But like u said there might not be anything you can do but it is pretty sorry that the H5 community is so bad and known for quitting games. I have been playing multiplayer since the first Xbox and H5 is by far the game plagued with SOOOOO many more quitters than ANY OTHER GAME I HAVE PLAYED IN MY LIFE and that is saying something. I mean it's not even got a close 2nd imo and it sucks.
I can agree with the previous comments about the dashboard quit, but I totally agree with this idea on so many levels. I can play with the best of them even give my team a fighting chance when its 3 on 4. But like you stated being teamed up with people on lower ranks or unranked just seems unfair when the other the team is 3 diamonds and one plat 6 so sometimes I guess I understand when someone quits because its like they just don't belong there. But maybe they need to address with better matching making options. With that being said I totally agree with this idea even if its not for this Halo at least put some kind of lock out on the next.
I can agree with the previous comments about the dashboard quit, but I totally agree with this idea on so many levels. I can play with the best of them even give my team a fighting chance when its 3 on 4. But like you stated being teamed up with people on lower ranks or unranked just seems unfair when the other the team is 3 diamonds and one plat 6 so sometimes I guess I understand when someone quits because its like they just don't belong there. But maybe they need to address with better matching making options. With that being said I totally agree with this idea even if its not for this Halo at least put some kind of lock out on the next.
Ya thanks for the comment. I'm not saying it's going to solve the quitting problem or stop people from quitting dashboard but even if it helps %1 more from people quitting than hey at least it helps right and 323 put the effort in to address this problem. Also how you stated that maybe some people don't belong maybe that's why they quit and the matchmaking needs to be addressed better. I agree 100% it does need more twerking to better the system and make it more "fair", it's like both teams need to be within a 40% chance to win the game I don't agree that when you get a gold 6,plat1, plat6, and ur a diamond 3 and ur playing a diamond2, diamond2, diamond6, n a onyx. The team I'm playing for doesn't have a 40% chance to win that game IMO. WHAT DO YOU THINK? I can also say lastly that those players who "shouldn't" be there r to get better if anything and not to quit because your getting outplayed how about when you die take ur respawn time to think about what the enemy is doing and what you could do better besides blindly charging in to try and get a kill, cause surely there has to be a better way to go about it right it's not quit and give up it's push through and battle even if ur getting stomped I always stay honest I don't care if I'm -12 having a bad bad game I stay and try to help n play better n learn.
Doesn't matter what they do to try and curb quitting, people will still do it. Doesn't matter if the Leave Game option is gone, people will just dashboard quit. There is no solution to this.
Yh you cant fix it if someone wants to leave they will just leave! Its annoying but theres nothing you or anyone can do about it just wait ntil they get banned, itll soon bite them back!
tonic bom wrote:
Yh you cant fix it if someone wants to leave they will just leave! Its annoying but theres nothing you or anyone can do about it just wait ntil they get banned, itll soon bite them back!
Ya I get that but I'm simply stating that if they took the leave match button away it might make people stay even if it's just 1% it's an increase in games that you might not get someone quitting. I have agreed that people are going to quit it happens why can do nothing about it blah blah blah blah I've heard it all but instead of being so negative about it maybe being a little positive about it might change the situation for the better just a little bit even a small amount and if so at least it's progress cause the ban system doesn't punish people for quiting hard enough it should remember the past 100 games AT LEAST THAN and all the times you quit instead of it restarting every 24 hours or what ever cause than the next day the same kids are quitting back to back to back then finally get a 10 minute ban or whatever it is that's not good enough obviously so maybe if we try to work on this problem as a community together it could change slightly for the better... .. . .. maybe but it seems like people are willing to accept and deal with quitters like it's ok and it happens in every game n yes it does but not like H5 it's at a toxic level of quitters and people stay away for that reason and it's sad cause than they miss playing a great game (imo) yes it has its flaws but all games do PUBG, FORTNITE, R6 none are perfect but this problem H5 has with quitters is destroying this game and keeps people from playing it and it's sad but alright I made a post, argued, agreed with pretty much everyone who responded and for that I thank the people who took the time to offer your opinions on this topic it was much appreciated.
SG FeLLoN wrote:
tonic bom wrote:
Ya I get that but I'm simply stating that if they took the leave match button away it might make people stay even if it's just 1% it's an increase in games that you might not get someone quitting. I have agreed that people are going to quit it happens why can do nothing about it blah blah blah blah I've heard it all but instead of being so negative about it maybe being a little positive about it might change the situation for the better just a little bit even a small amount and if so at least it's progress cause the ban system doesn't punish people for quiting hard enough it should remember the past 100 games AT LEAST THAN and all the times you quit instead of it restarting every 24 hours or what ever cause than the next day the same kids are quitting back to back to back then finally get a 10 minute ban or whatever it is that's not good enough obviously so maybe if we try to work on this problem as a community together it could change slightly for the better... .. . .. maybe but it seems like people are willing to accept and deal with quitters like it's ok and it happens in every game n yes it does but not like H5 it's at a toxic level of quitters and people stay away for that reason and it's sad cause than they miss playing a great game (imo) yes it has its flaws but all games do PUBG, FORTNITE, R6 none are perfect but this problem H5 has with quitters is destroying this game and keeps people from playing it and it's sad but alright I made a post, argued, agreed with pretty much everyone who responded and for that I thank the people who took the time to offer your opinions on this topic it was much appreciated.
Yh great point and I understand personally I don't play alot of H5 to notice it and if the company's cared that much they would have out something in place. These lobbies are,I think monitored so they're not stupid they know it's going on yet do nothing about it. I'm not giving up and being negative about the while situation I simply don't see why I should care if the company's don't and it's not one of the Halo games i completely love u like Halo 1,2,3, reach, 3 odst. But you do have a very good point and if you want to pursue it then do so and hopefully it'll get sorted.
tonic bom wrote:
SG FeLLoN wrote:
tonic bom wrote:
Yh great point and I understand personally I don't play alot of H5 to notice it and if the company's cared that much they would have out something in place. These lobbies are,I think monitored so they're not stupid they know it's going on yet do nothing about it. I'm not giving up and being negative about the while situation I simply don't see why I should care if the company's don't and it's not one of the Halo games i completely love u like Halo 1,2,3, reach, 3 odst. But you do have a very good point and if you want to pursue it then do so and hopefully it'll get sorted.
Your probably right they monitor lobby's and games and see who is quitting and how much. But like you said they probably don't care enough to fix it or just don't care. I was just trying to throw another idea out there or two cause I solo queue a lot a lot and almost every other game sometimes 2,3,4,5 games in a row I have a teammate quit right away if not within the first 3 mins. It gets really really frustrating when I get my rank up to a diamond 5-6 and than I hit that 5 games in a row where teammates quick right away and I'm down to diamond 2 all over again. I was just making a suggestion cause the people quitting in this game is out of control. Thanks for the comment on this post by the way even though I'm pretty sure 343 won't see this or if they do won't do anything about it
A full social playlist would help split the players who care about rank from those who don't. The pool is already shallow but I'd rather wait longer to queue up with like minded players.
The removal of "leave game" and adding a forfeit button to the stats screen could help. Player request forfeit, teammates are prompted, once a majority also check forfeit the match ends. This could really help in 3v4 cases where one of the 3 starts hiding because they don't want to quit. Likewise a mercury rule option should pop up in 2v4 situations so they don't have to quit (I don't believe the last two are punished for quitting) to save k/d.
The "search parameters" (forgot what's called) should function as described, have player counts with estimates for queue times. Players can choose weather the "focused" lobby is worth waiting in for rank serious players or if they want to take a gamble for a quick match. "Focused" should be +/- 3 ranks, "balanced" averages rank but should tighten up TA (most low ranks seem like fish out of water compared to how high ranks play, is not fair for anyone), "expanded" (which seems to used 100% regardless of setting) will through players in the quickest match. Players knowing what they're in for should reduce quitting.
Perhaps a 5 min/10min auto ban after two quits within 2 hours, including lose of connection or, throwing the quitters into their own lobby for penalty time. I'm down with the removing the leave game option all together though, players will quit when they want, make it inconvenient.
There isnt a way to fix that unless they add a ban to quitters sooner than later
Ya so I should have named the post how to limit quitters because basically that's all you can do it would be nice if something else was in place for people quitting instead of the little timeout from the playlist they give(right that's what happens, idk cause I never quit)
Please don't revive old topics thanks