Incentives To Stop Quitting And Fixing Matchmaking

OP Jonny45k7236

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
So, we all know quitting will never fully go away. But ther are ways of lessening it. We have seen ways to punish players for quitting games all the time, but that on it's own does not seem to do enough.
I think a good idea would be to reward players who routinely finish matches (win or lose). Maybe for every 5 (can be more if you think) get a small REQ pack? Or maybe some other way of inventive? Or even maybe even a speacial cosmetic item that you earn after so many times of not quitting?
What are all of your ideas? Maybe with luck 343 will see these and implement them in even future titles at least.

Updated title to accommodate the discussions about the matchmaking system itself.
Sadly there just isn't a way. To many players just don't care. The only way is to play with "friends" then at least the quitters shouldn't be on your team. As a solo player myself I only play the "social" team games and will only rank in FFA.
I think they should just put a multiplier on REQs and XP for those that stay, like 1.5x when one person quits, 2x at 2 quitters and 3x at 3 quitters. This would personally make me never quit a game someone has left.
I think they should just put a multiplier on REQs and XP for those that stay, like 1.5x when one person quits, 2x at 2 quitters and 3x at 3 quitters. This would personally make me never quit a game someone has left.
Interesting idea but 343 would never go for it. Lately it seems they have been putting the curb on getting reqs.
So, we all know quitting will never fully go away. But ther are ways of lessening it. We have seen ways to punish players for quitting games all the time, but that on it's own does not seem to do enough.
I think a good idea would be to reward players who routinely finish matches (win or lose). Maybe for every 5 (can be more if you think) get a small REQ pack? Or maybe some other way of inventive? Or even maybe even a speacial cosmetic item that you earn after so many times of not quitting?
What are all of your ideas? Maybe with luck 343 will see these and implement them in even future titles at least.
I agree it is very noticeable with warzone turbo this weekend.
Bionicled wrote:
Interesting idea but 343 would never go for it. Lately it seems they have been putting the curb on getting reqs.
I noticed that as well. But really anything I think would at least help.
Now this is an idea I can get behind. But it might get abused with friends.... People join with friends or even smurf accounts and just quit when the game starts so that the people left get bonuses.
i quit games every now and then usually because teammates quit or someone on a smurf thinks its cute to teamkill or feed the enemy team
Or, they could give us balanced skill matching with some type of party restrictions, fun gametypes with proper weapon/spawn balance and maps that are fun to play on. That would help prevent a lot of quitting.

Also, a better progression system which gives you a reason to finish games and keep grinding. Getting an emblem and a higher SR rank isn't really a good incentive for a lot of people.
There needs to be a benefit for someone to complete a match? To complete something they started? What has this world come to? :(
With the REQ packs, it almost seems obvious what to do. Every 5 Consecutive games you play without quitting you'll get a silver REQ. Every 15 consecutive games without quitting will give you a Gold REQ. Starting a new session will not cancel this out.
I have a few extreme ideas, one not being appropriate for waypoint and requiring piles.

The other being if you quit enough you just get permanently banned from whatever you quit from. [edit] I'm not serious about any of these ideas. Don't take them seriously.

There's no way you can really get rid of quitting, every one has their reasons. I had a thread awhile back about quitting and everyone's reason behind quitting. It was actually kind of interesting sort of a look into the community's real life. I would have to say that most have legitimate reasons
I can't believe we're actually discussing incentives for people doing what they are supposed to do! Insanity.
Add a filter system to the matchmaking system where fireteams take on fireteams and solos take on solos. So solos don't have to be frustrated because they just faced a fully organised team.

I have a few extreme ideas, one not being appropriate for waypoint and requiring piles.

The other being if you quit enough you just get permanently banned from whatever you quit from.

I hope you are joking.
Add a filter system to the matchmaking system where fireteams take on fireteams and solos take on solos. So solos don't have to be frustrated because they just faced a fully organised team.

The other being if you quit enough you just get permanently banned from whatever you quit from.

I hope you are joking.
Not everything on waypoint needs to be 100% serious
I report everyone that quits on my team and I have since the game came out. You F me I'm going to F you.
Halo 2015, 2015, 2016 & 2017, where kids can't handle losing or Dying a lot so they quit the match.
Tazzman29 wrote:
I can't believe we're actually discussing incentives for people doing what they are supposed to do! Insanity.
What they (us, you, me) are supposed to do, first and foremost, is have fun. It's a game, not a job. That means that when the very first thing that happens at the start of the match is that I get whacked by a teammate then I quit. I don't know if he thought he was being funny or motivational or maybe he just had a spasm and didn't even mean to do it. Finishing that match a man down may be some kind of incentive for him to rethink his behavior. Or not. I don't really care because the odds are good that I will never play with him again and it's way too easy for me to just move on to the next match, or the next game, or the next whatever. And this is just one example I'm thinking of because it happened today. There are a million others. I guess where I'm headed with all this is that for me the insanity is that people actually finish more matches than they quit. At least for now.
The quit option is there for a reason. People quit because they aren't having fun or get matches against people outside of their skill level. E.g, in gears 4 horde mode, when I see a player on my team wasting the team's energy reserves on crap defenses, I quit so i do not waste my time, because when people wasted energy in that game, when you get to the boss wave the team will keep dying due to it. Now, I am NOT endorsing quitting, but people need to try and think of WHY quitting is such a problem. When I was playing MCC for example? I did not see anywhere near the amount of quitting I see in Halo 5 guardians. How hard is it to believe that the person who quit may have lag issues (very common, happens when i play with friends, they quit too due to it) or disconnected/timeout from server, for example?
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Or, they could give us balanced skill matching with some type of party restrictions, fun gametypes with proper weapon/spawn balance and maps that are fun to play on. That would help prevent a lot of quitting.

Also, a better progression system which gives you a reason to finish games and keep grinding. Getting an emblem and a higher SR rank isn't really a good incentive for a lot of people.
Can't argue with that logic.(being serious, no sarcasm)
The quit option is there for a reason. People quit because they aren't having fun or get matches against people outside of their skill level. E.g, in gears 4 horde mode, when I see a player on my team wasting the team's energy reserves on crap defenses, I quit so i do not waste my time, because when people wasted energy in that game, when you get to the boss wave the team will keep dying due to it. Now, I am NOT endorsing quitting, but people need to try and think of WHY quitting is such a problem. When I was playing MCC for example? I did not see anywhere near the amount of quitting I see in Halo 5 guardians. How hard is it to believe that the person who quit may have lag issues (very common, happens when i play with friends, they quit too due to it) or disconnected/timeout from server, for example?
I'm not saying remove the option to quit. Just give some sort of incentive to finish games win or lose. The problem I see is that there are no benefits to not quitting a losing match, hell it might be more beneficial to quit and go to the next game. What I am trying to say is this is kinda like the parenting mentality where if you only punish but not reward your kids they are gonna be messed up most the time. You should be punished for over quitting but there should be some sort of reward for not.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9