2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 9
They should implement a forfeit system, much like rocket league. Have it in the pause menu and if the majority of the team agrees, then the game is over and there is no penalty other than a loss. I don't see any downside. I hate quitting and hardly ever do it, but it would be nice to forfeit when people do quit and its 2V4 or 1V4.
I think 343 mentioned they are considering something like this in one of the recent Matchmaking Feedback threads... that a forfeit button could be coming, but maybe not to Halo 5, it might be a future plan for Halo 6 or something. Once the first person on the team has quit, the remainder of the team has the option to hit forfeit and they get the loss but no ban. Or something like that. I'm probably not explaining it very well.
I had the idea that it would cost RP to leave so if you leave that is -1000 Rp for arena and maybe less for FFA or warzone. I like your idea but it seems like we already get useless packs instead I think it should be you get 5000 RP if you finish ten matches that could be spent on whatever people want.
Ayy NoVa wrote:
For those who have everything unlocked, it's pointless. Quitters should just be automatically banned for an hours on that playlist and every playlist they quit on. Makes them really consider if they want to tuck tail or not. I would prefer a full day but that will make people quit playing Halo in general. It needs to be something serious.
this sound like a good way to piss people with bad internet off and make the player pool smaller because people will quit all together or just be always banned. Imagine being onyx and about to turn to champ then getting banned. That would be a real dream smasher
I have a few extreme ideas, one not being appropriate for waypoint and requiring piles.

The other being if you quit enough you just get permanently banned from whatever you quit from.

A perm ban for quitting is just straight up stupid and undermines the whole point of matchmaking. Some people get frustrated, and others have work, school, or a family to attend to. Should they be punished for attending to something in real life? What about being frustrated? Do you want them to hate the game even more than people currently hated it for the #HuntTheTruth advertisements? Let me remind you that the whole goal of the MM bans are to DISCOURAGE people from creating problems in matchmaking. While quitting is a problem, it isn't bad enough to warrant a perm ban when you compare it to other offenses, such as griefing or jumping off the edge of the map for half the match. All a perm ban will do to minor offenders is encourage them to create more major offenses in other playlists.

IMO, Perm bans in general should never be issued unless they are issued for the sole reason of game modification/data manipulation, which even then, is not currently possible with the xbox one.
I need to edit my post, you guys keep thinking I'm 100% serious
So basically you're admitting to trolling now?
I have a few extreme ideas, one not being appropriate for waypoint and requiring piles.

The other being if you quit enough you just get permanently banned from whatever you quit from.

A perm ban for quitting is just straight up stupid and undermines the whole point of matchmaking. Some people get frustrated, and others have work, school, or a family to attend to. Should they be punished for attending to something in real life? What about being frustrated? Do you want them to hate the game even more than people currently hated it for the #HuntTheTruth advertisements? Let me remind you that the whole goal of the MM bans are to DISCOURAGE people from creating problems in matchmaking. While quitting is a problem, it isn't bad enough to warrant a perm ban when you compare it to other offenses, such as griefing or jumping off the edge of the map for half the match. All a perm ban will do to minor offenders is encourage them to create more major offenses in other playlists.

IMO, Perm bans in general should never be issued unless they are issued for the sole reason of game modification/data manipulation, which even then, is not currently possible with the xbox one.
He is not trolling. He made it clear already that it was a joke. We can have jokes here.
So, we all know quitting will never fully go away. But ther are ways of lessening it. We have seen ways to punish players for quitting games all the time, but that on it's own does not seem to do enough.
I think a good idea would be to reward players who routinely finish matches (win or lose). Maybe for every 5 (can be more if you think) get a small REQ pack? Or maybe some other way of inventive? Or even maybe even a speacial cosmetic item that you earn after so many times of not quitting?
What are all of your ideas? Maybe with luck 343 will see these and implement them in even future titles at least.

Updated title to accommodate the discussions about the matchmaking system itself.
There was a similar issue with Halo reach to reduce it bungie but extra xp bonuses for players who finished their games and I think in halo 3 you could get demoted if you left a game. Though speaking from experience you can't always help quitting a game

He is not trolling. He made it clear already that it was a joke. We can have jokes here.
He edited the post to fit the claim of it being a joke, so i'm not sure what you're trying to get at here.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Or, they could give us balanced skill matching
This 100%. I think they should match player up by their KD and not the hidden rank. There is really no way for this to be abused. Even if a high ranking player player decided to make a smurf account they could only go so far before they get moved to a higher rank. If they wanted to stay in the lower ranked KD matches they would have to start losing on purpose and that would take away all there fun of wanting to beat up on the lower ranking players or they would have to create a new account.. It would make it an even playing field. Better matchmaking = less quitters and more enjoyment for all.
GDTaco wrote:
Ayy NoVa wrote:
For those who have everything unlocked, it's pointless. Quitters should just be automatically banned for an hours on that playlist and every playlist they quit on. Makes them really consider if they want to tuck tail or not. I would prefer a full day but that will make people quit playing Halo in general. It needs to be something serious.
this sound like a good way to piss people with bad internet off and make the player pool smaller because people will quit all together or just be always banned. Imagine being onyx and about to turn to champ then getting banned. That would be a real dream smasher
That's why you don't quit. An hour ban will piss someone off but learn your lesson and it wont happen again. They can hop on a smurf account if they want but at least the account they want to rank up in is banned. I'm in Onyx about to reach the next 1000 number and boom. Someone will quit and we'll lose the game. Someone lags out and we'll lose the game. Random people not able to join the game is understandable. But a game invite to let someone in will be good cause they know what they are getting into.
Ayy NoVa wrote:
GDTaco wrote:
Ayy NoVa wrote:
That's why you don't quit. An hour ban will piss someone off but learn your lesson and it wont happen again. They can hop on a smurf account if they want but at least the account they want to rank up in is banned. I'm in Onyx about to reach the next 1000 number and boom. Someone will quit and we'll lose the game. Someone lags out and we'll lose the game. Random people not able to join the game is understandable. But a game invite to let someone in will be good cause they know what they are getting into.
oh yeah thats another reason this is a bad idea smurfing is already at an all time high lets give people another reason to smurf
I do agree with this idea. It is true to say that many people quit or make others quit or help the team lose and It sure is really annoying and angering, but for many people you lag out due to the crappy servers of halo 5.
I think that punishments for quitting shouldn't be so strong because what if someone has to get off for something actually important IRL? Than that is total justification for quitting. It shouldn't be strengthened because you are mad because someone quit in the middle of a game.

Snip.
Not necessarily, just exaggerating a bit and having a little fun. Not everything on the forums has to be serious all the time.

If you want to discuss this further, feel free to message me. This is pretty far from the purpose of this topic.
So, we all know quitting will never fully go away. But ther are ways of lessening it. We have seen ways to punish players for quitting games all the time, but that on it's own does not seem to do enough.
I think a good idea would be to reward players who routinely finish matches (win or lose). Maybe for every 5 (can be more if you think) get a small REQ pack? Or maybe some other way of inventive? Or even maybe even a speacial cosmetic item that you earn after so many times of not quitting?
What are all of your ideas? Maybe with luck 343 will see these and implement them in even future titles at least.
I report everyone that quits on my team and I have since the game came out. You F me I'm going to F you.
so u just report everyone that leaves even if they have a legit reason for leaving that seems pretty harsh to get their whole gamertag reported for leaving one game ive had to leave games due to emergencies and things like work calling family etc people who leave just because the teams losing yeah i have an issue with that

Updated title to accommodate the discussions about the matchmaking system itself.
The idea to reward players for completing matches sounds amazing to me! I know they have done it in older games but there was as much of a reward. I would like it to be more of a reward system than punishment system.
I never quit even if I'm the last person on the team sure I'll get beat pretty bad but that'll show the people I play against I'm not a quitter. Quitting is for the weak unless you're a 10 year old who only has 20 mins to play because you didn't finish your homework and the mom or dad comes in and turns off the Xbox not caring about you getting banned or messaged on Xbox by butt hurt players.
What happens if someone were to loose connection? Happens to me at times since I play in my basement.
what needs to be fixed is the consistency of shots!!!! is teh pistol 5 shots for a kill or 6....7....8....or the whole cllip?!? the br...4....5....6....7???? even a beat down headshots??????????????????? i have had several instances where its taken 3+ shots after a beatdown. i understand there is no bullet magnetisms if thats the case then im the -Yoink-. if theres no bullet magnetism then there should not be any magnetisms in the shoulder charges or the beat downs. these are just some inconsistencies that i deal with, its discouraging and making halo that much more avoidable. i know my concerns wont matter but im hoping theres more than just me experiencing this
How about this: If you quit, you get a strike against you. You can't earn XP or REQ points anymore until you finish and win another match.
in social and wz there is join in progres and in ranked quitters get punished so there are no problems with quitters...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 9