Infection - Map Exploit Fixes

OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Today we've deployed numerous fixes to Infection maps to help improve your experience in the playlist. See below for the list of exploitable spots that have been fixed with this release:

Backwoods
  • Added invisible blockers to the high rock ledge above Bog to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
  • Updated tree Forge objects to prevent players from exploiting their unfair height advantages in the Infection game mode
Doubloon
  • Added invisible blockers to the large rock column by the cove to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
  • Added invisible blockers to the large rock wall by the old cannons to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
Ghoul Town
  • Added invisible blockers to the rocky skylight inside of the cave to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
  • Added invisible blockers to the tall tree above the cave to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage
Hellfire
  • Added gravity volumes to the back wall above Deck to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
Malignant
  • Added an invisible blocker to the thin crevice above Truck to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
  • Added an invisible blocker to the metal gate in Gallery to prevent players from exploiting it in the Infection game mode
  • Added invisible blockers to the tree branches above Flowers to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
  • Added invisible blockers to the piping in the ceiling above Blue Bend and Gallery to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
  • Added an invisible blocker to the metal awning above Bog to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
Nerve Center
  • Added invisible blockers to the Pelican above Eastgate to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
Power Installation 484
  • Added invisible blockers to each giant wheel to prevent players from exploiting their height advantage in the Infection game mode
R.I.P.Tide
  • Added invisible blockers to the orange piping above Dunes and Garden to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
  • Added invisible blockers to the broken submarine above Dock to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
  • Added an invisible blocker to the ceiling of Orange Tree House to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
Station Zulu
  • Added invisible blockers and Forge objects to the area below Load Zone to prevent players from hiding indefinitely in the Infection game mode
Storms End
  • Added invisible blockers to the high rock ledge located behind Tower to prohibit players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
If you find any other spots that you think are exploits, feel free to let us know in this thread!
Finally. Now I don't have to worry about these guys ever again!
someone is a fan of hiddenreach
Putting an invisible block on the Pelican is actually horse crap since you can still easily kill the guy on it. All you gotta do is lunge at him from below.
These all sound great! Thanks for the info. Something else you could look into, there's that one glitch on Power Installation 484 where Arclight shots into walls get stuck and kill anyone who tries to move past them. I understand this is mostly a height advantage fix, however I (and no doubt many others) feel it is necessary for this to be at the very least acknowledged and looked at, if it hasn't been already. Thanks again.
Good thing the playlist is fixed but whats really needed is a map refresh since most of the maps don't play well at all.
edit: power installation 484 still has arclight glitches, and explosives are broken on Round 2 of Black Friday (rockets, grenades and voids tear do no damage)
This is awesome these things have been addressed. Now I can go back to playing Infection some more with all of these fixes!
Ok all you guys need to do now is fix lag lunge...oh wait...that would take more than 5 seconds fixing maps in forge :( Maybe you should open a patreon so people can donate to make halo great again
Ok all you guys need to do now is fix lag lunge...oh wait...that would take more than 5 seconds fixing maps in forge :( Maybe you should open a patreon so people can donate to make halo great again
I agree on the lag lunge and think infection should always have its own dedicated playlist like Halo 4, but you don't have to be that mean about it. Lol
Unfound wrote:
someone is a fan of hiddenreach
LOL!!!! I'm sad and glad.
Wraith0912 wrote:
These all sound great! Thanks for the info. Something else you could look into, there's that one glitch on Power Installation 484 where Arclight shots into walls get stuck and kill anyone who tries to move past them. I understand this is mostly a height advantage fix, however I (and no doubt many others) feel it is necessary for this to be at the very least acknowledged and looked at, if it hasn't been already.
That moment when you click on somebody elses profile to reply!
Good thing the playlist is fixed but whats really needed is a map refresh since most of the maps don't play well at all.
edit: power installation 484 still has arclight glitches, and explosives are broken on Round 2 of Black Friday (rockets, grenades and voids tear do no damage)
Hey Eagle, if you didn't know there is now a Carbine on Hellfire! It's pretty insane!
How's about fixing the issue when people joining a game appearing as infected but being unable to kill or be killed by humans?
Wraith0912 wrote:
These all sound great! Thanks for the info. Something else you could look into, there's that one glitch on Power Installation 484 where Arclight shots into walls get stuck and kill anyone who tries to move past them. I understand this is mostly a height advantage fix, however I (and no doubt many others) feel it is necessary for this to be at the very least acknowledged and looked at, if it hasn't been already. Thanks again.
I will admit, that Arclight glitch is rather overwhelming for most players. Granted, it's more of an area denial tactic rather than something that is unfair.
Fun fact: there are only 2 fixes unrelated to unfair height advantages in this patch. I think the important takeaway here is that height is just way too overpowered and should be scrapped from infection maps completely. No vertical axis at all please.
Spoiler:
Show
Glad that the maps were fixed infection wasn't fun with them. Hope arclight on power installation is fixed soon too.
Great changes, there is a lot of player without sports spirit who uses these places to get unfair advantage and still boast about it ... In youtube and what else you find.
Agreed. The railgun spot was fun while it lasted, but now...

also have you ever had the problem of not being able to pick up shotguns in black friday? Happens to me every time...
Hey Eagle, if you didn't know there is now a Carbine on Hellfire! It's pretty insane!
Lol is there actually a carbine? RIP!
Quote:
Today we've deployed numerous fixes to Infection maps to help improve your experience in the playlist. See below for the list of exploitable spots that have been fixed with this release:

Backwoods
  • Added invisible blockers to the high rock ledge above Bog to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
  • Updated tree Forge objects to prevent players from exploiting their unfair height advantages in the Infection game mode
Doubloon
  • Added invisible blockers to the large rock column by the cove to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
  • Added invisible blockers to the large rock wall by the old cannons to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
Ghoul Town
  • Added invisible blockers to the rocky skylight inside of the cave to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
  • Added invisible blockers to the tall tree above the cave to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage
Hellfire
  • Added gravity volumes to the back wall above Deck to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
Malignant
  • Added an invisible blocker to the thin crevice above Truck to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
  • Added an invisible blocker to the metal gate in Gallery to prevent players from exploiting it in the Infection game mode
  • Added invisible blockers to the tree branches above Flowers to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
  • Added invisible blockers to the piping in the ceiling above Blue Bend and Gallery to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
  • Added an invisible blocker to the metal awning above Bog to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
Nerve Center
  • Added invisible blockers to the Pelican above Eastgate to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
Power Installation 484
  • Added invisible blockers to each giant wheel to prevent players from exploiting their height advantage in the Infection game mode
R.I.P.Tide
  • Added invisible blockers to the orange piping above Dunes and Garden to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
  • Added invisible blockers to the broken submarine above Dock to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
  • Added an invisible blocker to the ceiling of Orange Tree House to prevent players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
Station Zulu
  • Added invisible blockers and Forge objects to the area below Load Zone to prevent players from hiding indefinitely in the Infection game mode
Storms End
  • Added invisible blockers to the high rock ledge located behind Tower to prohibit players from exploiting its unfair height advantage in the Infection game mode
If you find any other spots that you think are exploits, feel free to let us know in this thread!
Sweet! Hope to see sword lunge lag looked at soon! But that's across all game modes.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4