Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Infection matches counted as losses in W/L Ratio??

OP Brotherhood987

Why would infection matches contribute to the W-L ratio in the Arena? I've played so many and not come in first(if that is even considered a W??). My Arena W-L is around 17-74 because I've never played much actual arena, and usually stick to Infection.
Because it’s a matchmade game. You’re given XP and RP, so why would Infection not count for wins and losses?
Why would infection matches contribute to the W-L ratio in the Arena? I've played so many and not come in first(if that is even considered a W??). My Arena W-L is around 17-74 because I've never played much actual arena, and usually stick to Infection.
Because there is a winner and then the rest "lose" the game. If you care about W/L then any FFA gamemode is not the one to play.
I believe you have to be at the top of the scoreboard for the game to count as a win.
It's the same in FFA - anything other than 1st is a loss. H3, HR, H4, Call of Duty (top 3) - top half was a win in FFA yet H5 1st wins and 2-6th is a loss. My W/L in H5 is consequently pretty woeful
This is exactly why I stayed away from Infection while grinding wins for Targetmaster. If you're not first, you're last.