Skip to main content
The games in social playlists should start even if short 1-2 players (it's social).

The game literally spends more time searching for one player then the time I get to play - only for the server to return that there might not be enough players or they couldn't connect to the servers or something.

I think this should be done because it makes playing social playlists (even ranked) basically unplayable (literally).
Unfortunately, some people don't like starting games uneven, so yeah. Just gotta deal with it.
The system does it's best to make the matches as even as possible. I would rather it get me in a match, where my team is not getting pounded by more people than are on my team. Having close matches makes it more exciting.
Because it’s needs to have an fair and equal players, starting right now will make the other team not have enough players and makes it difficult for them
I agree with OP's point. Especially in BTB. I know we all want fair matches but I think I would take 20 matches a night of some fair and some unfair instead of 10 matches with full 8's to start.

Here is my secondary point for BTB... what percentage of games that start 8 vs 8 end with the exact 8 vs 8 (in other words no one drops and no one quits). I would say that happens about 10% of all BTB matches. So they will have a lobby of 15 players looking for the 16th for 4min until we all see the red screen of death OR they could load that puppy up and JIP a dude early in the match. I completely 100% agree they need full squads for ranked matches but they do not for Social especially not BTB where the drop rate is so high during a match.
The long searching is likely due to a glitch and not really needing to find one or two people. It's suspected that the game is trying to load in someone with a frozen game and as a result it can't look for anyone else until that person gets dropped from the lobby.
I believe Warzone and Assault are the only ones that will start with one or two players missing. Additionally, the game is built to be competitive first and fun second, so they have to force full teams. Also, Halo 5's UI and matchmaking system are pure trash which is why you might be experiencing these issues too.
This happens a few times every time I play and the more people per team in the playlist the worse it is. Searching BTB is almost a complete waste of time

They really need to make social arena's matching like warzone/other halos, starting with 1-2 less players, with jip early in the match. Sitting in a lobby for 5+ min. with one player missing and getting "unable to match" is way too common
I feel like this issue got much worse after the recent update.
Yeah ever since the trueskill 2 update it started happening where it can’t find the last 1 or 2 players in BTB. It happens rarely in ranked playlists too but in BTB it happens alot.
I enjoy getting worked in BTB. There isn't really that much fairness in the matchmaking so waiting for one player doesn't make since. I think the trueskill update has been unsuccessful. I generally search balanced, I end up playing people that are way better than I could hope to be. Warzone is still mis-matched non-sense. So I rank slightly higher now. Whoopie. I still get out matched, or my favorite, just happened in my recent game. There was a champion on the other team and an onyx vs my teams platinum 6. How does that equate to balance? #58 vs P6. And of course the base glitch got my team today. Love that cheating hasn't gone away.

PS. Why the heck is so much time being spent updating master chief collection? Did they add reach to it yet? I can't wait to play ODST, not. I think 343 needs to get with bungie and make a great Halo 6, although, now I have my doubts if Halo 6 is being created. When are new maps coming out for BTB and Warzone? So many questions, so many disappointments.
I wouldn't mind for social, most of the games start with missing players anyway, but ranked needs to be even.
headyman44 wrote:
PS. Why the heck is so much time being spent updating master chief collection? Did they add reach to it yet? I can't wait to play ODST, not. I think 343 needs to get with bungie and make a great Halo 6, although, now I have my doubts if Halo 6 is being created. When are new maps coming out for BTB and Warzone? So many questions, so many disappointments.
Because MCC was a royal screwup and they want to make it right. No, they didn't add Reach and probably won't add it. There's a wishlist thread in the MCC forum which you can ask to add it though. 343 stated they're already working on the next FPS Halo title so we can only assume it's H6. Working with Bungie again is highly unlikely, but 343 does have some old Bungie employees working for them. Only 343 knows when new BTB maps will come out and there are some already map by Forgers. There won't be any new Warzone maps since 343 said they're done adding stuff like that.