Skip to main content
I was player slayer a couple minutes ago, and my whole team left me. It was stupid so i think maybe after like 2(in slayer) people leave your team,and make it so the other 3 temates cNt leave untill match is over
Just press your home button then select Halo 5 then select quit game
People will just power off their console or quit the game entirely. There's no way to make it so people don't quit.

If you quit after someone else has quit, you will only lose the number of points equivalent to a loss. If you're the first to quit, you lose far more.
Just press your home button then select Halo 5 then select quit game
Yes i know how to quit, im saying to add that yo stop those people
People will just power off their console or quit the game entirely. There's no way to make it so people don't quit.

If you quit after someone else has quit, you will only lose the number of points equivalent to a loss. If you're the first to quit, you lose far more.
I believe it's the maximum you can lose for a match, which is 30. And first person is hit with quit ban consequences. People who quit out after the first quitter wonk get quit bans (from what I've understood).

I believe it's the maximum you can lose for a match, which is 30. And first person is hit with quit ban consequences. People who quit out after the first quitter wonk get quit bans (from what I've understood).
my friend got the 5min ban before, its if you leave 2 matches in a row, it might've been 3 but i don't know, i try not to leave matches
I'm having a few more matches where people quit or get dropped. Its strange to me. Last night I had two games where we were ahead in the game and players were either dropped or quit. To me I would think they got kicked from the game. But honestly I have no idea what the deal is.. Either way I don't like it at all.. It totally changes the game!
Hate when people drop its more frequent in Quick play and it really bumbs me out when they do that I adore this game but when people just stop trying a say screw it the game is disappointing. Ive been bailed on by my team and ive been in games where i was fighting just one guy to have somebody join and leave. It really sucks and thats why I try to keep a team with me at all times to avoid this
What they oughta do is make it so that if someone in your team leaves, you can vote to forfeit and you should regardless only lose a small percentage of the normal CSR you lose for a loss.

Obviously this shouldn't work if you're in a party with the person that leaves, but the last season I cared enough to sweat in ranked modes, I went down two consecutive ranks because people like to quit when the enemy gets an early lead. It's sad.
Gubzs wrote:
What they oughta do is make it so that if someone in your team leaves, you can vote to forfeit and you should regardless only lose a small percentage of the normal CSR you lose for a loss.

Obviously this shouldn't work if you're in a party with the person that leaves, but the last season I cared enough to sweat in ranked modes, I went down two consecutive ranks because people like to quit when the enemy gets an early lead. It's sad.
If someone's already quit, you can quit and you'll only lose the CSR equivalent to a loss.

That's basically what you're asking for.
Gubzs wrote:

If someone's already quit, you can quit and you'll only lose the CSR equivalent to a loss.

That's basically what you're asking for.
Close, I think I worded that poorly. I meant you should lose less CSR than a standard loss if the loss is because a random matchmade teammate quit.

I understand this presents severe logistical problems, but, ya know... in an ideal world nobody would ever lose CSR because a random teammate quit.
Put a 24 hour lockout or ban from ranked match making for people who leave or quit early. That would solve a lot of these unbalanced team issues.
Put a 24 hour lockout or ban from ranked match making for people who leave or quit early. That would solve a lot of these unbalanced team issues.
that, and if you leave 10 times in a row your account gets reset (10 times just incase of lag//still counts if they got the 5min ban)
realjaycg wrote:
that, and if you leave 10 times in a row your account gets reset (10 times just incase of lag//still counts if they got the 5min ban)
Both of those ideas are terrible.

A 24 hour ban would be more appropriate if you left 10 times in row, not after the first quit. The account reset is just ridiculous. Oh, I know you just spent almost 3 years getting to level 152, but you quit 10 games in a row with some of them not being your fault because you're just having a bad day so now you're back to level 1. Yeah, no.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
realjaycg wrote:

A 24 hour ban would be more appropriate if you left 10 times in row, not after the first quit. The account reset is just ridiculous. Oh, I know you just spent almost 3 years getting to level 152, but you quit 10 games in a row with some of them not being your fault because you're just having a bad day so now you're back to level 1. Yeah, no.
Yes it isaffective, it will give a notif to them from the 7-9th round quit that your account would get reset..... its not bad its affective
realjaycg wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
realjaycg wrote:

Yes it isaffective, it will give a notif to them from the 7-9th round quit that your account would get reset..... its not bad its affective
It's not effective at all. Quit bans are one thing, resetting progress to zero is a good way to send everyone off to other games.
realjaycg wrote:
Holding someone's account progress hostage so they won't quit is a great way to keep people playing your game. I'm sure once someone's account does get reset they'll be completely fine about it and will continue to grind back to their previous rank like nothing happened even if it takes another 2 or 3 years. /s

Out of curiosity, what would be the details for this quitting? Is it 10 quits in a row in one playlist or can you quit one time in 10 different playlists in a row? Is it over time or does it have to be 10 quits in one play session? If it's over time, how long before the quits get reset back to zero? What happens if it's an unintentional quit like the power goes out or maybe the game boots you, but your account still gets reset? What all is incorporated into a reset (Arena rank, SR rank, armor, commendations, etc..)?
Well, I guess that would solve the Smurf account problem as well. People would just quit until they are reset to level one. Would you get to keep all the req's you have aquired? I rarely quit because I have been the only person left on a team and it sucks.
<p>Well, I guess that would solve the Smurf account problem as well. People would just quit until they are reset to level one. Would you get to keep all the req's you have aquired? I rarely quit because I have been the only person left on a team and it sucks.

I think the bigger problem is the matchmaking system. In what world is two Gold and two silver against 4 bronze fair? Yet I was in that match.it wasn't fun. </p>
<p></p>
Sometimes the person quitting does you a favor- though- unless it's an objective game.