1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Guys, this is a suggestion I think might help. I think it would be great if before a match starts, some maps are suggested for the players to vote and the map which wins will be played. I suggest this cos I play most games and I end up playing more those games on either three or four maps meanwhile there're more maps in the game.

Also I'd like to know if if Orion has be removed cos I haven't seen that map in a very long time.
Trust me, a voting system for map selection wouldn't make things any better. And as far as I know, Orion is in the Slayer playlist.
I hate the voting system, it'd just be sniper friendly maps selected 90% of the time while maps like Overgrowth would pretty much never be picked, I'd imagine White Cell wouldn't get picked a lot either and that map is already rare as is.
I was always pro veto system, even if you can just veto the first map & whatever the 2nd map is thats what you get. This would be soooo helpful in action sack when prophunt & skeeball come up. Or just make every map fun to play on!
The issue I have with the voting system for map selection is that it rarely works out in practice the way people think it will. While you can argue that this allows people to vote against maps that are played too frequently, the sad truth is that when given the chance to vote, most players will simply vote for the map they like the most regardless of how commonly played it is. This means that although you may end up playing different maps than you are right now, you'll still find yourself playing the same map or two over and over simply because everyone likes it.
Orion was removed a long time ago, but now Orion 2 is in some playlists.
The Master Chief Collection already has a version of this where three maps are voted on. I like the voting system but for as many maps as there are, there needs to be more variety so the fan favorites aren't constantly voted for every single time
I wish they would change how frequently some maps appear while others are so rare. Some nights I will be playing Mercy 5 out of 10 games and often back to back. Haven't played Orion 2 in over a week. And I play a lot.
I wish they would change how frequently some maps appear while others are so rare. Some nights I will be playing Mercy 5 out of 10 games and often back to back. Haven't played Orion 2 in over a week. And I play a lot.
Do you back out of the 25 second cool down after a match and then restart the search? This resets the hopper for your lobby and can increase the odds of you getting the same map. It sucks but if you don't back out and restart the search your map hopper should cycle through the majority of the maps before you get a duplicate.
QX wrote:
Do you back out of the 25 second cool down after a match and then restart the search? This resets the hopper for your lobby and can increase the odds of you getting the same map. It sucks but if you don't back out and restart the search your map hopper should cycle through the majority of the maps before you get a duplicate.
I usually play in a fireteam and we rarely back out between matches. Still play the same maps over and over.
QX wrote:
I usually play in a fireteam and we rarely back out between matches. Still play the same maps over and over.
I personally have found no difference in backing out vs staying when it comes to what maps come up. Ive ran into the same maps over & over doing both staying & leaving
I personally have found no difference in backing out vs staying when it comes to what maps come up. Ive ran into the same maps over & over doing both staying & leaving
It was mentioned in one of the Feedback threads a long time ago that staying in the postgame lobby can reduce your chances of getting the same map again, but maybe you just unlucky.

Edit: I found the thread. I guess the issue is that some maps have multiple numbers associated with them (Slayer/Rig, SH/Rig etc) so you could get those maps twice or more in a row. He said they could improve that, but don't know if they did or not.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
It was mentioned in one of the Feedback threads a long time ago that staying in the postgame lobby can reduce your chances of getting the same map again, but maybe you just unlucky.

Edit: I found the thread. I guess the issue is that some maps have multiple numbers associated with them (Slayer/Rig, SH/Rig etc) so you could get those maps twice or more in a row. He said they could improve that, but don't know if they did or not.
Thanks for the link, I think I remember reading that. Is that the same in regards to chances of JIP if you back out each time instead of just waiting the 30s?
LUKEPOWA wrote:

Thanks for the link, I think I remember reading that. Is that the same in regards to chances of JIP if you back out each time instead of just waiting the 30s?
Backing out of a lobby does seem to put me into more JIP games as opposed to remaining in a lobby. Remaining in a lobby I tend to get the same players over and over.
LUKEPOWA wrote:

Backing out of a lobby does seem to put me into more JIP games as opposed to remaining in a lobby. Remaining in a lobby I tend to get the same players over and over.
I have noticed that quite a bit too. I think i managed to match a company memeber 5 games in a row, was cool though to go up against him.
I absolutely agree with the OP. This is a much needed change for Halo 5. Playing the same maps and modes gets old.
Wait, Orion 2 still exists? I think they should add a voting system that runs like this. It shows one map you can press "x" to veto or press "y" to accept. If the majority voted yes then you play it. If the majority voted no then it selects a random map to play. It's kinda a mix of both systems.
I would like to see a map vote but idk if it will happen sadly, maybe for halo 6 who knows
I think the voting/veto system sounds great in theory. In practice, you get everyone voting/vetoing hoping to get the same 3 or 4 maps though.
If there was map voting in Halo 5 and Coli comes up I would pick it every time lol.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2