Matchmaking and Ranking Manipulation Bans

OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
As we discussed months ago, TrueSkill2 marks players for anomalous behavior which can flag the ban processor.

The banning system is now banning consistently for this behavior, starting at 14 days, and quickly escalating into permanence.

Also, note that the banning system will not only ban the flagged account, but also other accounts and consoles associated with it.

We suggest playing normally to avoid these bans.

I don't believe creating an alternate account and playing normally will flag, but outside of that will be risky.

So play nice, play fair.
Nice josh
So what exactly characterizes as 'anomalous' behavior?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
New account, plays 10 ranked matches, gets these kills:

Match 11:

23 kills
now i cant play with 11 friends because of MMR
Thank you for the update :)

Match 11:

23 kills
So what if I haven't played Halo 5's Ranked Multiplayer in a long time, and after getting back into it I finally start doing better on my 11th game, after being ranked?

Match 11:

23 kills
So what if I haven't played Halo 5's Ranked Multiplayer in a long time, and after getting back into it I finally start doing better on my 11th game, after being ranked?
Easily handled. The example given is a simple illustration for more complex stuff going on behind the scenes.
ZaedynFel wrote:

Match 11:

23 kills
Easily handled. The example given is a simple illustration for more complex stuff going on behind the scenes.
Awesome! I assume it's all being monitored as well for you to read behind the scenes, to make any necessary adjustments and what not.
Great to hear and hoping to try out this new system soon!
Thank you so much for your help. I know the Halo Community will be happy. ❤️
Good to know.

Oh and I’m curious to know if there’s any plans to make bans relating to 1st quitters within the ranked environment a little more strict?

An example would be: 1st time offense (within a 16 hour period) equals a 5 minute ban, 2nd time offense equals a 15 minute ban, 3rd time offense equals an hour ban, a 4th time offense equals an 8 hour ban, and a 5th time offense within that 16 hour period leads to a 24 hour ban (which also resets a player’s 16 hour period).
2 first quits within a day should result in a week long bang. Quitters ruin the game.
BxRAD R wrote:
So are 12 man glitches bannable?
I’m curious about this too?
This sound as a good idea, but it would be a disaster with time...
AnzuhV wrote:
This sound as a good idea, but it would be a disaster with time...
How so?
Did this change require an update to Halo 5? I keep getting the error message "You need this update, but we can't get it right now. Try again in a while. (0x8b050033)"

Edit: nevermind, looks like Xbox is having issues.
Hey Menke, I made a second account last night to get back into ranked after my 13 day ban, I placed Diamond 1 and hit 2, but I have been playing normally, although rusty. I'm slightly afraid the system might think I'm abusing the system if I start playing better after this rust wears off! Or that making a second account and playing normally as I am can re-ban me.
TraadeMerK wrote:
Hey Menke, I made a second account last night to get back into ranked after my 13 day ban, I placed Diamond 1 and hit 2, but I have been playing normally, although rusty. I'm slightly afraid the system might think I'm abusing the system if I start playing better after this rust wears off! Or that making a second account and playing normally as I am can re-ban me.
Unless you start dropping 30 kills a game all of a sudden after you were averaging 13-17 kills in prior games, you shouldn't be flagged for playing what the game considers "normal" for you.
I understand boosting is an issue, but what happens to people who have friends who are significantly lower levels? My boyfriend is a gold if not worse and I am a champ or high onyx in all playlists. So you are saying if I want to play with my SO in his favorite playlists, I'm going to get banned? Please explain, because if that is the case, that's awful. :(
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10