Matchmaking and Ranking Manipulation Bans

OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10
The amount of players who leave because of derankers is much larger than the amount of derankers that get banned. Much much larger.

And it's not just players who "play h5 only a couple of times a week" these are loyal, ongoing players who play a ton who get driven off when derankers pass through.

The net effect of the banning on the pop has been overwhelmingly positive in the data.
ZaedynFel wrote:
The amount of players who leave because of derankers is much larger than the amount of derankers that get banned. Much much larger.

And it's not just players who "play h5 only a couple of times a week" these are loyal, ongoing players who play a ton who get driven off when derankers pass through.

The net effect of the banning on the pop has been overwhelmingly positive in the data.
Cool beans, I'm glad to hear it has been so positive, I figured I was wrong.
Broey Broe wrote:
Oh man what this has done to the game just saddens me due to my original love for the game, I can see the intention but man oh man the result is just horrible for people that have been dedicated to the game. For the newbies that want to get better this is...alright, but remember in the old days where to get better you'd have to get your -Yoink- handed to you by others? I know this isn't a thing for everyone but it is a great way at getting better at the game honestly as it's practically how I got better at the game thanks to old mcc having none of this restriction stuff. Ranked I understand getting restrictions with this stuff but SOCIAL...ugh, I've already said it countless times on twitter so I won't drag it on, but this system, is a great idea, but man it's just...not good execution wise. And I'm saying this not in a dickish way, but in a more constructive way, getting punished with a ban for I'm pretty sure it's at least two games of sucking into a few games where you do really well in, is really counter intuitive, this 50% win rate thing shouldn't really be a thing in the first place, it's fine to lose, but you should have a higher win rate based on skill. not having it so the game throws more and more at you each game you jump into, like going from matching solos to matching duos to then matching stacked teams that are super sweaty, all by yourself. Of course people aren't going to want to play the game when this is all they're playing across the board, It removes the whole point of the game that the intention here is supposed to show, which is to stop others from ruining the game and let them have fun. It feels like this targets one very minor audience apposed to the whole games audience, which is pretty disappointing. I'm saying this not as a hater but just someone that's loved this game, only to now really play it as they feel obligated to.
Are you trying to say purposeful derankers should not be banned?
Oh no, they definitely should get punished, but a 14 day ban? That's a bit extreme if I'm honest, especially as a starting point, if this is something that's been constantly happening then yeah, the ban train it is for that person. I'd say starting with a warning through a automatic private message saying stuff like Hey, you REALLY shouldn't be doing that, and if they don't listen, then give them a ban on that account for a few days, that slowly extends throughout the time they don't listen and continue to grief. And if you have to console ban people, at least let some playlists still be active that you can't exactly grief in, mainly the firefight playlists so they're still able to play for xp and such if they want to do that. I get that might be a bit of a hassle, but blocking off the whole game's content on any account for people that manipulate a system that is a bit flawed, isn't exactly cool to me. Which can screw you over if you have other people playing on your main account that have never even played a halo game or even a video game at all before if you want them to try the game out.
Broey Broe wrote:
Broey Broe wrote:
Oh man what this has done to the game just saddens me due to my original love for the game, I can see the intention but man oh man the result is just horrible for people that have been dedicated to the game. For the newbies that want to get better this is...alright, but remember in the old days where to get better you'd have to get your -Yoink- handed to you by others? I know this isn't a thing for everyone but it is a great way at getting better at the game honestly as it's practically how I got better at the game thanks to old mcc having none of this restriction stuff. Ranked I understand getting restrictions with this stuff but SOCIAL...ugh, I've already said it countless times on twitter so I won't drag it on, but this system, is a great idea, but man it's just...not good execution wise. And I'm saying this not in a dickish way, but in a more constructive way, getting punished with a ban for I'm pretty sure it's at least two games of sucking into a few games where you do really well in, is really counter intuitive, this 50% win rate thing shouldn't really be a thing in the first place, it's fine to lose, but you should have a higher win rate based on skill. not having it so the game throws more and more at you each game you jump into, like going from matching solos to matching duos to then matching stacked teams that are super sweaty, all by yourself. Of course people aren't going to want to play the game when this is all they're playing across the board, It removes the whole point of the game that the intention here is supposed to show, which is to stop others from ruining the game and let them have fun. It feels like this targets one very minor audience apposed to the whole games audience, which is pretty disappointing. I'm saying this not as a hater but just someone that's loved this game, only to now really play it as they feel obligated to.
Oh no, they definitely should get punished, but a 14 day ban? That's a bit extreme if I'm honest, especially as a starting point, if this is something that's been constantly happening then yeah, the ban train it is for that person. I'd say starting with a warning through a automatic private message saying stuff like Hey, you REALLY shouldn't be doing that, and if they don't listen, then give them a ban on that account for a few days, that slowly extends throughout the time they don't listen and continue to grief. And if you have to console ban people, at least let some playlists still be active that you can't exactly grief in, mainly the firefight playlists so they're still able to play for xp and such if they want to do that. I get that might be a bit of a hassle, but blocking off the whole game's content on any account for people that manipulate a system that is a bit flawed, isn't exactly cool to me. Which can screw you over if you have other people playing on your main account that have never even played a halo game or even a video game at all before if you want them to try the game out.
I suppose but people still grief in firefight, albeit more in the minor annoyance category than messing with the core ranking system.
Broey Broe wrote:
Broey Broe wrote:
I suppose but people still grief in firefight, albeit more in the minor annoyance category than messing with the core ranking system.
Yeah true enough, although if they grief in stuff like that, it's not the worst thing in the world, you Could just report em. Although I'd say running people over constantly will get em kicked anyway lol.
I could be posting in the wrong forum, but could someone PLEASE fix MCC's ban issue? EVERY game I play in 4v4 social matchmaking has 1 to 2 players who do nothing at all to play the game. All they do is betray you until they you almost get the boot option, and then they simply shoot you till your shield breaks and they watch you get headshot by an enemy. I cannot leave these matches because I will get a 5 minute or longer ban. The ban is no longer necessary in social because people can now search for the exact things they want to play. The ban system for quitting games has made this game unplayable for me. I am miserable on the game I love most. Can somebody PLEASE do something to fix this problem? Literally every 2 games I run into these types of players who do nothing but ruin the entire game, and all I am allowed to do is sit there and do nothing, or leave and get banned. Fix this please. I am literally begging for some mercy....
"You have been placed on a cool down from Arena matchmaking for intentionally choosing to ruin the fun of the game for other players"

so i have been banned for 2 weeks and im assuming this is why

So the other day a friend came round mine and my brothers house who has never played halo before so instead of him deranking my account or my brothers and destroying my MMR I made him a account (Shearmanator20) he played really bad ended up getting bronze in slayer the next day I wanted to show him how to play so I searched team arena (so I wouldn't match noobs cause he was bronze in slayer) after a few games I realised I was matching noobs so I backed out and never played on tht account again once he left cause I felt bad for other team.

now I come to find out me (Mockit WarLord) and my brother (Mockit Outkast) have been banned for 2 weeks. im assuming your thinking I made an account got it to bronze and was gna just slay noobs but I would never do that look at my KD in team Arena on MockIT WarLord its above 2.0 at champ level I don't need to make a new account to do that and if that was my intention why would I only play a few games on that account and like 70 on mockit warlord since that accounts been made it doesn't add up. I never played on tht account ever again since my friend left my house.

im pleading that you show some mercy here I mean fair enough I shouldn't have played those 4-5 games but I was just chilling with my friend and stopped immediately once I realised I was matching noobs consistently. all I ask is that you reconsider.

Also if I am way off and this is not the reason I'm banned lemme know.
I could be posting in the wrong forum, but could someone PLEASE fix MCC's ban issue?
You'd want this thread if you have feedback about MCC's ban system.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Hell I range from game to game. One game I think I’m incredible next I wonder if i have palsy. Not to mention the wide range of ranks I seem to run into in mm anyway
"You have been placed on a cool down from Arena matchmaking for intentionally choosing to ruin the fun of the game for other players"

so i have been banned for 2 weeks and im assuming this is why

So the other day a friend came round mine and my brothers house who has never played halo before so instead of him deranking my account or my brothers and destroying my MMR I made him a account (Shearmanator20) he played really bad ended up getting bronze in slayer the next day I wanted to show him how to play so I searched team arena (so I wouldn't match noobs cause he was bronze in slayer) after a few games I realised I was matching noobs so I backed out and never played on tht account again once he left cause I felt bad for other team.

now I come to find out me (Mockit WarLord) and my brother (Mockit Outkast) have been banned for 2 weeks. im assuming your thinking I made an account got it to bronze and was gna just slay noobs but I would never do that look at my KD in team Arena on MockIT WarLord its above 2.0 at champ level I don't need to make a new account to do that and if that was my intention why would I only play a few games on that account and like 70 on mockit warlord since that accounts been made it doesn't add up. I never played on tht account ever again since my friend left my house.

im pleading that you show some mercy here I mean fair enough I shouldn't have played those 4-5 games but I was just chilling with my friend and stopped immediately once I realised I was matching noobs consistently. all I ask is that you reconsider.

Also if I am way off and this is not the reason I'm banned lemme know.
I'm pretty much positive that's why you're banned. The account in question Shearmanator20 played 10 games in slayer and got 0 total kills, thus receiving a bronze 1 rating. (MMR is borrowed from other playlists until you play games in the new list, which is why you found easy opponents in Team Arena) Right after the 0 kills, the account went into team arena and scored 126 kills in 5 games (25.2 average per game), that is certainly anomalous behaviour and will be detected in an auto-ban sweep. As far as the other accounts being banned, I believe they have been banning the xbox from connecting to Halo 5 for the duration of the suspension in order to prevent players from simply creating a new account to bypass the suspension. Two weeks is kinda merciful for a suspension to be honest, had it occurred on your champion account or been a repeat offense, the ban would have likely been much longer. I'm not going to guess at what the intentions were, but from the numbers I saw in the data I find it unlikely that enforcement would reconsider the ban.
Just got out of a Game on MCC BTB Halo 3 and people kept killing me for absolutely no reason at all. This has happened more then once in my time of playing Halo 3..I didn't even have good weapons just random chaos. I really think people in Halo 3 shouldn't be able to kill teammates. People wonder why I throw the towel in and say fudge it. I try to finish games I really do but its kinda hard when you have your own teammates following you across the map to kill you..
D117W wrote:
Just got out of a Game on MCC BTB Halo 3 and people kept killing me for absolutely no reason at all. This has happened more then once in my time of playing Halo 3..I didn't even have good weapons just random chaos. I really think people in Halo 3 shouldn't be able to kill teammates. People wonder why I throw the towel in and say fudge it. I try to finish games I really do but its kinda hard when you have your own teammates following you across the map to kill you..
You'll want to note this in the MCC Xbox forums, you can find dedicated threads pinned at the top of that forum. This thread here is for discussing rank / matchmaking manipulation in Halo 5
14 days.....lmfao more like it started at 126 for using an alternate account to find games in your broken matching system. Also it was the first time I was ever banned. I think just like every thing else you guys do you screwed that up to.
14 days.....lmfao more like it started at 126 for using an alternate account to find games in your broken matching system. Also it was the first time I was ever banned. I think just like every thing else you guys do you screwed that up to.
Checking Enforecement's logs, it looks like it was more than just that, it was also using alt accounts to quit out of matches intentionally so the CSR update would be more in the favor of your team.

Several alts were used consistently for only quitting out of matches and quit out of almost every match they played in your matches, and they were in your party.

Enforcement classifies this as leaderboard boosting which carries a much harsher penalty than deranking. The original penalty for this back in H2/H3/Reach was a lifetime ban from the game. Enforcement has decided to reduce this to a season ban, though they will double the length if it happens again.

Just like in H2/H3/Reach, you don't get a warning for this type of ban, though you're lucky it's not lifetime anymore.
We were simply tired of the dirt teammates your match making provided us with every game we played and you won't let us play with are friends anyway because we're ranked too high.
So we removed are dirt teammate possibility by having alts fill the slots and decided we would rather 2v4 the entire playlist instead. How is that boosting? We gave the other team a numerical advantage over us!?!?! It's not are fault they couldn't win ( well kinda since we were the reason they lost technically lol ) All they had to do was out score us like you normally would. There was no reason they couldn't win the game other than the fact that we in 2s with no 1 and 19 team mates were able to completely decimate teams of 4 people. How is that cheating? Oh wait it's not it's called being better than them. Last I checked I didn't have a hand in how the CSR out divvied out so the fact we got more points for are win is 343 industries fault. That being said why shouldn't we get more points for winning 2v4 it's definitely harder than with a skilled team of 4. That's why no one else ever tried because they can't!
There was no boosting just raw skill unhandicapped by your pathetic excuse of matchmaking.
This is the score board of one of my previous solo games.
November 25 2019
Blue team 50 ____Red team 38___Eden
Blue team
Stresss ___21 - 7
ll R3ality ll ___13 - 10
Richy9509 ___8 - 10
Jefe maestro 75 ___8 - 10
Red team
OM3GA SNIPZ ___32 - 10
Calva112 ___4 - 19
JUANRONALDO1714. ___1 - 16
kvnsdXCII. ____0 - 6___DNF
Why would I ever want to be matched with kids like this again? Let's not forget I take the maximum penalty for losing this impossible game for clearly no fault of my own. Naturally we never realized we would be banned for attempting to 2v4 the whole playlist all day but like you said you don't even warn people so how were we suppose to know? We just wanted to play the game without trash players on are team and thats it. If we would have been told in some way shape or form that we were going to be banned for continuing to do this we would have stopped at that moment in time and just played with alts normally like the rest of the community. But instead we were all blind sided with a 126 ban for are first ever bans in halo 5 history.

By the way I already have the greatest past season record ever in Ranked Snipers History anyways September-October 2017
Champion 1 CSR 2554
Kills 6,295
Deaths 3,405
Games played 431
Games won 412
Games lost 19 ( with a couple of D/C in there )
What good does your leader board do me?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10