[Locked] Matchmaking and Ranking Manipulation Bans

OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. ...
  6. 11
Bit late coming to H5, BUT for swat I always get champs or ones pushing to champ that have somebody on a smurf that quits out giving them advantage plus the points boost while like destroying the losing teams ranks which really is annoying.. especially because we hardly rank up when players quit so often and then you get a game like I was mentioning that can knock you from champ 80 all the way out lol.

just saying for future ranks or something maybe to be aware of the swat disadvantage plus penalty . Next closest snipes but that’s more borderline than swat for sure . Thank you
I literally just watched the last 3 of your games dude and seeing that happen.. joined party to bring that up but you werent there.. The system is absolutely ridiculous! It happens to me too. I got advice to help you fight the issue, because its not normal to top boards and drop 100s of CSR in a half dozen games against players ranked around your level. Even more bizzare to rank up little while winning many dozens of games against the same level of competition.. TrueSkill 2 system sounding alot more like TrueScam 2.
Morning all,
I've been playing Halo 5 for a while now and it still keeps bringing me back as the multiplayer is the most fun, exhilarating, exciting, and hair-pulling frustrating online experience I've ever had. But I love it! Anyhow, my biggest gripe with the most recent changes to the ranking system come from the Slayer playlist. I'm usually playing on a team with at least 2-4 players in a party. We often start matches and take early leads in the game. After going up by 5-7 kills or so, a player from the opposing team will leave the match. Typically, the player that leaves is the lowest rank on the opposing team (e.g. there will be three diamond players and one platinum player and the platinum player usually leaves). This often results in us winning the game but gaining little to no rank. The problem occurs when the three players that are remaining are no longer burdened by the player that left the match. Using my example above, the three diamond players would be unburdened by the Platinum player's mistakes (i.e. deaths) and now the match becomes much more competitive as a 3v4 than it was when it was a 4v4. Our team would still possess our weakest player and often the tides can shift when the weakest player from the opposites team leaves the match. In this case, losing a to a three-person team in Slayer means that you would lose almost an entire rank and the stakes become very high for that particular match. Is there a way to account for this situation? I understand there is a lot to be said for winning a 3v4 match but given the aforementioned situation, it is entirely feasible to do so.

On another note, I was hoping to gain more insight into the ranking system altogether. I've won 73% (with 264 matches played) of my Slayer matches this season and I'm currently a Diamond 3. I often find myself gaining little to no rank when winning Slayer matches even when the opposing team is comprised of Champions or high level Onyxes. Its not uncommon to barely gain rank even as the leader in kills, KDA, and least deaths on the team. I guess what I'm curious to know is what can I be doing to rank up more quickly considering winning a match hardly helps me move forward. On that note though, losing a game is extremely detrimental to my rank. If I lose a match, I will almost always lose at least half a rank. With that said, having the most kills and least deaths on the winning team isn't the answer as that is often the case but I still manage to move up insignificantly in rank. Can someone point me to what Trueskill2 is actually measuring so I can work on those things? It appears that kills, deaths, and victories are not weighted as heavily as I initially thought. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Itz Holsta wrote:
Morning all
You'd want this thread for that info. This thread is for matchmaking bans.
Bit late coming to H5, BUT for swat I always get champs or ones pushing to champ that have somebody on a smurf that quits out giving them advantage plus the points boost while like destroying the losing teams ranks which really is annoying.. especially because we hardly rank up when players quit so often and then you get a game like I was mentioning that can knock you from champ 80 all the way out lol.

just saying for future ranks or something maybe to be aware of the swat disadvantage plus penalty . Next closest snipes but that’s more borderline than swat for sure . Thank you
I literally just watched the last 3 of your games dude and seeing that happen.. joined party to bring that up but you werent there.. The system is absolutely ridiculous! It happens to me too. I got advice to help you fight the issue, because its not normal to top boards and drop 100s of CSR in a half dozen games against players ranked around your level. Even more bizzare to rank up little while winning many dozens of games against the same level of competition.. TrueSkill 2 system sounding alot more like TrueScam 2.
True that, but yeah definitely needs to be fixed for infinite competitive scene that's for sure. ridiculous playing 20 games that half the time they quit out so you get nothing then to top it get somebody boosting that quits out a smurf so you're back to lower than what ya started on the 20 game streak lolol
Match like this makes me angry, 3vs2 but actually is better quit, because those 2 player was not playing objective. Stressed -30 csr

Another Match 2 started against the same guy,4v3. Stressed +1csr
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Sometimes I have lucky games so this is scary
Sometimes I have lucky games so this is scary
The system accounts for luck. Getting lucky is fine. Folks that are exploiting are hitting probabilities around 0.00003%, which is well beyond luck. Well, I guess if you played 30,000 games in one playlist it could happen once.
That sounds nice but it would make worst the matchmaking on future or casual gaming with friends
That sounds nice but it would make worst the matchmaking on future or casual gaming with friends
How?
So I’m speaking for the one that shows the kills then getting 23 kills in the 11th game. I got banned but I’m not very good but I’ll have good games and I play infected a lot so having different amounts of kills every game is kinda a stupid way to be banned. Cause what if I’m infected a crap ton of games in a row. I got banned for a week for basically no reason and no ones gonna fix it and it’s super stressful cause I’ve put 35 hours into this game
How long does it take for someone in to support to reply to you. It’s been 50 hours since I sent a ticket in
That is not the reason you were banned.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
Hello.
A question about your filing system. If I am a champion and I have two champion friends as well, and these two friends create new accounts to have easy matches on 6 or 7 games, and then create new accounts several times a day, until to bring to champion 1, is that not to manipulate the system ??? This is what I’ve seen on Twitch for several days in Team Arena.
To avoid this obvious manipulation, in my opinion the solution would be that all new accounts from the first match be considered as champion and decrease match after match, until fixing its true level, rather than considering it as a beginner in his first match . If the system worked this way the game would be much more fun and the ranking system fairer.
cordially
Well should help, I guess
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. ...
  6. 11