Matchmaking and Ranking Manipulation Bans

OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator. Do not make non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Even with my other 2 accounts I play halo 5 with. I play regularly and are ranked high I don't play to cheat I play for fun and because its hard to find games I've made another account to run faster games.. it does not mean that I'm playing irregularly..
Even with my other 2 accounts I play halo 5 with. I play regularly and are ranked high I don't play to cheat I play for fun and because its hard to find games I've made another account to run faster games.. it does not mean that I'm playing irregularly..
If you create alternative accounts and purposely rank lower you will get a ban reguardless of your reason it's against their rules. Being a high skill player and playing against low skill players takes the fun away from them and isn't fair. If you have trouble finding games in ranked play as a high skill player you will have to just play unranked playlist or just be patient in the ranked play.
I agree non participation should have it's consequences. But also a participant should not be penalized for quitting games that only have one player (yourself) when everyone quit. Also some person for whatever reason, de-ranking, not participating. My qualifying first ten matches to rank were plagued by these practices. If I quit, I get banned. If I continue to play, my K/D goes to crap playing 1 vs 3. One player last night was just pointing to the sky shooting and getting killed. One match, team mates finished as like stated in this post with finishing: 1-15 or 1-14. What happened to the report button? Team killing for weapons is very annoying. My point is, that a lone wolf trying to rank has to play very well to carry a team or just trying to make it to rank somewhere decent.
Zilentlamb wrote:
I agree non participation should have it's consequences. But also a participant should not be penalized for quitting games that only have one player (yourself) when everyone quit. Also some person for whatever reason, de-ranking, not participating. My qualifying first ten matches to rank were plagued by these practices. If I quit, I get banned. If I continue to play, my K/D goes to crap playing 1 vs 3. One player last night was just pointing to the sky shooting and getting killed. One match, team mates finished as like stated in this post with finishing: 1-15 or 1-14. What happened to the report button? Team killing for weapons is very annoying. My point is, that a lone wolf trying to rank has to play very well to carry a team or just trying to make it to rank somewhere decent.
I'm pretty sure you aren't penalized after you leave when at least half of your team has already left; I could be wrong, though.
Zilentlamb wrote:
I'm pretty sure you aren't penalized after you leave when at least half of your team has already left; I could be wrong, though.
I thought the first person to leave got the max -30 CSR penalty while anyone leaving after that would only loose the CSR that would be equivalent to losing the match.
Zilentlamb wrote:
I thought the first person to leave got the max -30 CSR penalty while anyone leaving after that would only loose the CSR that would be equivalent to losing the match.
Which is not a penalty. Penalty would be -30. Losing what you would have lost anyways is normal.

You also don't get banned.
Just played slayer and quit. Some guy SlyteHyde or other was going -1 and 4. System doesn't work and not enjoyable, anymore.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
So what exactly characterizes as 'anomalous' behavior?
New account, plays 10 ranked matches, gets these kills:

Match 11:

23 kills
Also playing with smurf accounts on with a Friend on champ divisions, gets you banned
Mascara cF wrote:

Match 11:

23 kills
Also playing with smurf accounts on with a Friend on champ divisions, gets you banned
Are you saying a group of 3 smurfs playing with a champ will get banned?

I don’t remember hearing that before.
Mascara cF wrote:

Match 11:

23 kills

It will get the champ banned
LethalQ wrote:
If you create alternative accounts and purposely rank lower you will get a ban reguardless of your reason it's against their rules. Being a high skill player and playing against low skill players takes the fun away from them and isn't fair. If you have trouble finding games in ranked play as a high skill player you will have to just play unranked playlist or just be patient in the ranked play.
I don't de rank though
Mascara cF wrote:
Mascara cF wrote:

Match 11:

23 kills

Why would anyone in that fireteam be banned though? Just playing together isn’t an offence that I’ve heard. Is there boosting/ de-ranking involved?

As far as I know there has to be some sort of matchmaking manipulation to warrant a ban.
Mascara cF wrote:
Mascara cF wrote:

Match 11:

23 kills

Why would anyone in that fireteam be banned though? Just playing together isn’t an offence that I’ve heard. Is there boosting/ de-ranking involved?

As far as I know there has to be some sort of matchmaking manipulation to warrant a ban.
Don't know...
Happened to me and I got a 156 days ban
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7