Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Matchmaking and Ranking Manipulation Bans

OP ZaedynFel

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. ...
  7. 10
I've been banned for 2 weeks for no reason at all. Halo 5.
I was playing last night fine and when I got on today it said banned for choosing to ruin the fun of of fellow players. Is there any way to get this lifted as it's kinda important as I have been streaming the game on twitch and having a blast. There's nothing else I want to play. Please help. GT: i dalue i
I am glad I dropped in and read this forum. I will start playing again. I slowed down and even stopped because I would be matched against far superior players although their rank would indicate otherwise. Some games would get so frustrating that even my team mates would quit leaving me alone to deal with the opposing team. Thank you for taking care of this. I love Halo. It is by far my favorite game and story too. I’m looking forward to returning. Again, thank you!
ZaedynFel wrote:
As we discussed months ago, TrueSkill2 marks players for anomalous behavior which can flag the ban processor.

The banning system is now banning consistently for this behavior, starting at 14 days, and quickly escalating into permanence.

Also, note that the banning system will not only ban the flagged account, but also other accounts and consoles associated with it.

We suggest playing normally to avoid these bans.

I don't believe creating an alternate account and playing normally will flag, but outside of that will be risky.

So play nice, play fair.
Can you go to my most recent post and explain why I got banned
Eromancy wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
As we discussed months ago, TrueSkill2 marks players for anomalous behavior which can flag the ban processor.

The banning system is now banning consistently for this behavior, starting at 14 days, and quickly escalating into permanence.

Also, note that the banning system will not only ban the flagged account, but also other accounts and consoles associated with it.

We suggest playing normally to avoid these bans.

I don't believe creating an alternate account and playing normally will flag, but outside of that will be risky.

So play nice, play fair.
Can you go to my most recent post and explain why I got banned
Checking Enforcement's logs I see you were very obviously manipulating the ranking system to get a high Champ rank. There's a mandatory ban on that for current and next season, and the length doubles. I also see this isn't your first offense.

Keep in mind we would permaban for this in previous games with no recourse.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Eromancy wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
As we discussed months ago, TrueSkill2 marks players for anomalous behavior which can flag the ban processor.

The banning system is now banning consistently for this behavior, starting at 14 days, and quickly escalating into permanence.

Also, note that the banning system will not only ban the flagged account, but also other accounts and consoles associated with it.

We suggest playing normally to avoid these bans.

I don't believe creating an alternate account and playing normally will flag, but outside of that will be risky.

So play nice, play fair.
Can you go to my most recent post and explain why I got banned
Checking Enforcement's logs I see you were very obviously manipulating the ranking system to get a high Champ rank. There's a mandatory ban on that for current and next season, and the length doubles. I also see this isn't your first offense.

Keep in mind we would permaban for this in previous games with no recourse.
My first two offences I had no idea what I even did. I was just playing the game and got ban, on my mum's damn soul I didn't do anything the first two offences and even asked someone to please explain to me what I did wrong. The only thing I could think of was I was playing at my grandmother's and did trash a bunch of time and then when I got back to my mum's I started doing good again. I go to my grandmother's every second weekend as I only play on weekends which might explain how I got banned as my grandmother's internet is 0.5 upload and download with a wireless connection. Also how did I abuse the ranking system to get a higher champ rank when I played yesterday, and legit won 17 games straight? The only other thing I could think of was a Smurf that was throwing when I vsed him in head tp head the dude did not shoot back. I have the whole entire conversation as proof and I don't know if that's the reason but if so that could mean that I got ban for someone else setting me up. The final thing I can think of was my a guy i knee really wanted to get to champ so I let him beat like multiple before I legitimately continued to play head to head and beat him or other players i has matched legitimately. If that's the reason I did not gain a better and because I was the one losing and I didn't gain anything fron losing so thats a unfair reason when you firectly started "I boosted to get a higher champ rank", when in fact i did not gain a higher champ rank at all.

Could I have some sort of exact reference to wear I cheated exactly because I was playing Monday Australian time zone and won 17 straight and had no issues but then got banned the next day. I do understand maybe I did do something wrong but my first two ban offences I tried to argue and was told to wait even though I genuinely didn't understand what I did and asked for help to understand for next time. My wins I have gotten are legit but I did let my friend beat me a few times but I didn't know you could get banned for dropping because as an Australian I could not find a game a with such a high mmr so I assumed dropping would allow me to play more players but I ended up gaining back everything legit that I lost. Also from the second ban to the first surely there is a time limit when the second or first banned resets because the game has been out for 5 years now and I it should not be a 200 day ban. The game is at a low population shouldn't the bans be lowered to suit that? Also personally from playing and seeing what others have been ban for the ban system is flawed because I know i did not cheat for first 2 temp bans. My friend legitimately lost to a guy multiple times then days later got banned for cheating/boosting despite not actually boosting the system but yet he got matched against the guy like 15 TIMES in a row and lost all 15 times. All im asking for is a reduced sentence my halo forum post has got tones of love from people who know me and just want me to play, I play the game to compete, role play, and for fun and basically now you have just removed that away from me. I spent months on end grinding for the Achilles helmet and some of those players did methods that were in fact boosting but yet none of them got banned for boosting so I do not understand what is suspicious behaviour when there are so many people getting around the ban system. Some of these guys are doing so much worse things and yet I get banned for dropping csr or being set up by s Smurf ? I'm appealing for a shorter banned because if not then I may aswell not play at all. The ban times are too long and unfair because I have already been temp ban twice for doing nothing wrong and now the first time I actually might have done something wrong I'm getting 200 days! I'm asking for a shorter temp ban appearance because firstly the game is 5 years old and I have been playing since day 1 of the release despite having some breaks throughout the way I have always stuck by and supported the game. Please take this into consideration because all I want to do is wear my Achilles helmet and slap fools in head to head.
Eromancy wrote:
Mg first two offences I had no idea what I even did.
If you'd posted in the thread you were directed to back in march you may have found out, though the ban you described and Zaedynfel's statement indicate it was for similar behavior to this.

Quote:
Also how did I abuse the ranking system
"The final thing I can think of was my friends really wanted to get to champ so I let him beat like 8 TIMES before I legitimately continued to play head to head and beat him or other players i has matched." You gave one example of you intentionally manipulating matchmaking conditions literally a few sentences later. I also have to question if you're admitting to this how much stuff you're leaving out.
Quote:
I didn't know you could get banned for dropping because as an Australian I could not find a game as an Australian with high mmr so I assumed dropping would allow me to play more players but I ended up gaining back everything legit that I lost.
Again admission, Intentional manipulation of matchmaking conditions.
Quote:
Also from the second ban to the first surely there is a time limit when the second or first banned resets because the game has been out for 5 years now and I it should not be a 200 day ban.
As Zaedynfel mentioned this kind of thing could (And used to) lead to a permanent ban. You've been banned twice previously by your own admission. Obviously the lower length bans weren't enough to correct your behavior and so the system had to move up.
Quote:
The game is at a low population shouldn't the bans be lowered to suit that? Also personally from playing and seeing what others have been ban for the ban system is flawed because I know i did not cheat for first 2 temp bans. My friend legitimately lost to a guy multiple times then days later got banned for cheating/boosting despite not actually boosting the system but yet he got matched against the guy like 15 TIMES in a row and lost all 15 times. All in asking for is a reduced sentence my halo forum post has got tones of love from people who know me and just want me to play I play the game to compete, role play, and for fun and basically now you have just removed that away from me. I spent months on end grinding for the Achilles helmet and some of those players did methods that were in fact boosting but yet nine of then got banned for boosting so I understand what is suspicious behaviour when there are so many people getting around the ban system.
Whether you enjoy the games, lore, community etc or not is utterly irrelevant. Matchmaking manipulation hurts the community. It scares new and less skilled players away thus reducing the population further. It causes unfair matches and steals ranks from those that earned them legitimately. You've admitted several instance of you intentionally doing this in just this wall of text I'm quoting. You knew (or should have known) that this kind of thing was wrong and harmful to the community. Whether or not other players received what would have been a justified consequence or not (IMO they should have) is not relevant to whether your ban was justified. During this you've gone through several steps first claiming you were wrongfully banned, then admitting the behavior you just denied. Next you tried to plead ignorance as if that was a legitimate defense. Then you tried shifting the blame to other players you chose to cooperate with. And then finally tried something akin to a tu quoque fallacy as if it was relevant or would have changed the behavior you admitted to. Just take some personal responsibility for your actions and then after whatever remains of your ban you can come back to Halo ideally without the negative behavior.
Eromancy wrote:
Mg first two offences I had no idea what I even did.
If you'd posted in the thread you were directed to back in march you may have found out, though the ban you described and Zaedynfel's statement indicate it was for similar behavior to this.

Quote:
Also how did I abuse the ranking system
"The final thing I can think of was my friends really wanted to get to champ so I let him beat like 8 TIMES before I legitimately continued to play head to head and beat him or other players i has matched." You gave one example of you intentionally manipulating matchmaking conditions literally a few sentences later. I also have to question if you're admitting to this how much stuff you're leaving out.
Quote:
I didn't know you could get banned for dropping because as an Australian I could not find a game as an Australian with high mmr so I assumed dropping would allow me to play more players but I ended up gaining back everything legit that I lost.
Again admission, Intentional manipulation of matchmaking conditions.
Quote:
Also from the second ban to the first surely there is a time limit when the second or first banned resets because the game has been out for 5 years now and I it should not be a 200 day ban.
As Zaedynfel mentioned this kind of thing could (And used to) lead to a permanent ban. You've been banned twice previously by your own admission. Obviously the lower length bans weren't enough to correct your behavior and so the system had to move up.
Quote:
The game is at a low population shouldn't the bans be lowered to suit that? Also personally from playing and seeing what others have been ban for the ban system is flawed because I know i did not cheat for first 2 temp bans. My friend legitimately lost to a guy multiple times then days later got banned for cheating/boosting despite not actually boosting the system but yet he got matched against the guy like 15 TIMES in a row and lost all 15 times. All in asking for is a reduced sentence my halo forum post has got tones of love from people who know me and just want me to play I play the game to compete, role play, and for fun and basically now you have just removed that away from me. I spent months on end grinding for the Achilles helmet and some of those players did methods that were in fact boosting but yet nine of then got banned for boosting so I understand what is suspicious behaviour when there are so many people getting around the ban system.
Whether you enjoy the games, lore, community etc or not is utterly irrelevant. Matchmaking manipulation hurts the community. It scares new and less skilled players away thus reducing the population further. It causes unfair matches and steals ranks from those that earned them legitimately. You've admitted several instance of you intentionally doing this in just this wall of text I'm quoting. You knew (or should have known) that this kind of thing was wrong and harmful to the community. Whether or not other players received what would have been a justified consequence or not (IMO they should have) is not relevant to whether your ban was justified. During this you've gone through several steps first claiming you were wrongfully banned, then admitting the behavior you just denied. Next you tried to plead ignorance as if that was a legitimate defense. Then you tried shifting the blame to other players you chose to cooperate with. And then finally tried something akin to a tu quoque fallacy as if it was relevant or would have changed the behavior you admitted to. Just take some personal responsibility for your actions and then after whatever remains of your ban you can come back to Halo ideally without the negative behavior.
You said it was not enough to change my behaviour BUT I DID NOT DO ANYTHING THE FIRST TWO TIMES SERIOUSLY DO YOU EVER THINK MAYBE THE SYSTEM WAS WRONG. Like I did not even do anything I had not gained a rank or anything all I did was drop so I could find games for a few hours and enjoy the game rather than just sit there waiting. You are not Australian you have no idea the struggles we deal with every day when playing the game and now you ban me for taking initiative and finding a solution to long wait times. I DID NOT AFFECT ANYONE RANK as the players I was vsing were good skilled champ players already who were only affected 1-5 CSR anyway. DROPPING rank to allow yourself to find games because your connection is so bad and the fact the game's population is so low should not cause a long term temp ban. THIS SHOULD BE MY FIRST OFFENCE I DID NOT DO ANYTHING THE FIRST TWO TIMES except play the game normally and this time I still did not do anything that bad except want to play other players I legit did not gain at all from what I did I just didn't want to sit and wait for hours on end. I search for 3 hours straight before dropping ranks and could not find a game in head to head which only requires one player.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Eromancy wrote:
You said it was not enough to change my behaviour BUT I DID NOT DO ANYTHING THE FIRST TWO TIMES SERIOUSLY DO YOU EVER THINK MAYBE THE SYSTEM WAS WRONG. Like I did not even do anything I had not gained a rank or anything all I did was drop so I could find games for a few hours and enjoy the game rather than just sit there waiting.
You contradicted yourself immediately. You said you didn't do anything wrong, then the very next sentence you state you intentionally dropped rank.

Quote:
You are not Australian you have no idea the struggles we deal with every day when playing the game and now you ban me for taking initiative and finding a solution to long wait times.
Your motivation for your actions doesn't change the consequences of them. Nor is it a license to violate the rules of matchmaking.

Quote:
"I DID NOT AFFECT ANYONE RANK as the players I was vsing were good skilled champ players already who were only affected 1-5 CSR anyway. DROPPING rank to allow yourself to find games because your connection is so bad and the fact the game's population is so low should not cause a long term temp banTHIS SHOULD BE MY FIRST OFFENCE I DID NOT DO ANYTHING THE FIRST TWO TIMES except play the game normally and this time I still did not do anything that bad except want to play other players I legit did not gain at all from what I did I just didn't want to sit and wait for hours on end. I search for 3 hours straight before dropping ranks and could not find a game in head to head which only requires one player.
By your own admission, you manipulated matchmaking conditions forcing people of a lower rank than you to face an opponent who should be ranked higher and not match them. This is exactly the kind of behavior that these bans are meant to prevent. Your desire for quicker matchmaking times, doesn't override the fair match that they should expect.

Quote:
You say that I did not learn but the first time times I DID NOT -Yoinking!- DO ANYTHING LIKE WOW WHAT A GAME TRY LISTEN TO THE PLAYER FOR ONCE
I've read and responded to everything you've written. You're not the only player. Other players expect to have a fair match, to have their ranks determined correctly etc. Your admitted actions harm the very community you claim you want to be part of. The trend from your last post is continuing, you've tried to minimize your behavior and shift the blame for your actions.
Do not flame/attack others.

Spoiler:
Show
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
Oh man what this has done to the game just saddens me due to my original love for the game, I can see the intention but man oh man the result is just horrible for people that have been dedicated to the game. For the newbies that want to get better this is...alright, but remember in the old days where to get better you'd have to get your -Yoink- handed to you by others? I know this isn't a thing for everyone but it is a great way at getting better at the game honestly as it's practically how I got better at the game thanks to old mcc having none of this restriction stuff. Ranked I understand getting restrictions with this stuff but SOCIAL...ugh, I've already said it countless times on twitter so I won't drag it on, but this system, is a great idea, but man it's just...not good execution wise. And I'm saying this not in a dickish way, but in a more constructive way, getting punished with a ban for I'm pretty sure it's at least two games of sucking into a few games where you do really well in, is really counter intuitive, this 50% win rate thing shouldn't really be a thing in the first place, it's fine to lose, but you should have a higher win rate based on skill. not having it so the game throws more and more at you each game you jump into, like going from matching solos to matching duos to then matching stacked teams that are super sweaty, all by yourself. Of course people aren't going to want to play the game when this is all they're playing across the board, It removes the whole point of the game that the intention here is supposed to show, which is to stop others from ruining the game and let them have fun. It feels like this targets one very minor audience apposed to the whole games audience, which is pretty disappointing. I'm saying this not as a hater but just someone that's loved this game, only to now really play it as they feel obligated to.
Broey Broe wrote:
Oh man what this has done to the game just saddens me due to my original love for the game, I can see the intention but man oh man the result is just horrible for people that have been dedicated to the game. For the newbies that want to get better this is...alright, but remember in the old days where to get better you'd have to get your -Yoink- handed to you by others? I know this isn't a thing for everyone but it is a great way at getting better at the game honestly as it's practically how I got better at the game thanks to old mcc having none of this restriction stuff. Ranked I understand getting restrictions with this stuff but SOCIAL...ugh, I've already said it countless times on twitter so I won't drag it on, but this system, is a great idea, but man it's just...not good execution wise. And I'm saying this not in a dickish way, but in a more constructive way, getting punished with a ban for I'm pretty sure it's at least two games of sucking into a few games where you do really well in, is really counter intuitive, this 50% win rate thing shouldn't really be a thing in the first place, it's fine to lose, but you should have a higher win rate based on skill. not having it so the game throws more and more at you each game you jump into, like going from matching solos to matching duos to then matching stacked teams that are super sweaty, all by yourself. Of course people aren't going to want to play the game when this is all they're playing across the board, It removes the whole point of the game that the intention here is supposed to show, which is to stop others from ruining the game and let them have fun. It feels like this targets one very minor audience apposed to the whole games audience, which is pretty disappointing. I'm saying this not as a hater but just someone that's loved this game, only to now really play it as they feel obligated to.
I agree 110% sir... When CE came out, me, and my friends would play it, I converted from PS2, I was by far the worst in our group. I bought an Xbox just for Halo, as I've done since for every new Halo that requires a new system. Anyways, over the years, I toned in my skills, and became confident in my abilities, then H2 came out with live pvp. I was the first to get it, and I'll never forget setting live up/ my first match. I completely got destroyed for months, except for the random games in between where I'd win against someone obviously new to the game. Modders, standbyers, and extreme lobby chatting was rampant, it was part of the game though. It's what made me truly get better, because I had to, there was no mercy, and I have countless memories of all my friends on 2/3 resulting. I had to get a new gt with 3 though, because I was 14 when I made my og account gt, and didn't remember the temporary email I used, this has been my gt since. I have been to the midnight releases, and stayed loyal to the Halo franchise since the beginning, as I will continue to do. At least 90% of newbies to the game do not understand the concept of loyalty, and will ditch one game for the next, in a heartbeat. Yet here I am, afraid to say anything even slightly unconstructive, for fear of getting banned, from something I've sunk tens of thousands of hours into, and thousands of dollars. In my life it was always Halo as my number 1 hobby, now the old lady, and kids are number 1, but Halo would be right behind them. I really hope it's able to rise to what it once was. The king of Xbox, without a doubt.
Broey Broe wrote:
Oh man what this has done to the game just saddens me due to my original love for the game, I can see the intention but man oh man the result is just horrible for people that have been dedicated to the game. For the newbies that want to get better this is...alright, but remember in the old days where to get better you'd have to get your -Yoink- handed to you by others? I know this isn't a thing for everyone but it is a great way at getting better at the game honestly as it's practically how I got better at the game thanks to old mcc having none of this restriction stuff. Ranked I understand getting restrictions with this stuff but SOCIAL...ugh, I've already said it countless times on twitter so I won't drag it on, but this system, is a great idea, but man it's just...not good execution wise. And I'm saying this not in a dickish way, but in a more constructive way, getting punished with a ban for I'm pretty sure it's at least two games of sucking into a few games where you do really well in, is really counter intuitive, this 50% win rate thing shouldn't really be a thing in the first place, it's fine to lose, but you should have a higher win rate based on skill. not having it so the game throws more and more at you each game you jump into, like going from matching solos to matching duos to then matching stacked teams that are super sweaty, all by yourself. Of course people aren't going to want to play the game when this is all they're playing across the board, It removes the whole point of the game that the intention here is supposed to show, which is to stop others from ruining the game and let them have fun. It feels like this targets one very minor audience apposed to the whole games audience, which is pretty disappointing. I'm saying this not as a hater but just someone that's loved this game, only to now really play it as they feel obligated to.
I agree 110% sir... When CE came out, me, and my friends would play it, I converted from PS2, I was by far the worst in our group. I bought an Xbox just for Halo, as I've done since for every new Halo that requires a new system. Anyways, over the years, I toned in my skills, and became confident in my abilities, then H2 came out with live pvp. I was the first to get it, and I'll never forget setting live up/ my first match. I completely got destroyed for months, except for the random games in between where I'd win against someone obviously new to the game. Modders, standbyers, and extreme lobby chatting was rampant, it was part of the game though. It's what made me truly get better, because I had to, there was no mercy, and I have countless memories of all my friends on 2/3 resulting. I had to get a new gt with 3 though, because I was 14 when I made my og account gt, and didn't remember the temporary email I used, this has been my gt since. I have been to the midnight releases, and stayed loyal to the Halo franchise since the beginning, as I will continue to do. At least 90% of newbies to the game do not understand the concept of loyalty, and will ditch one game for the next, in a heartbeat. Yet here I am, afraid to say anything even slightly unconstructive, for fear of getting banned, from something I've sunk tens of thousands of hours into, and thousands of dollars. In my life it was always Halo as my number 1 hobby, now the old lady, and kids are number 1, but Halo would be right behind them. I really hope it's able to rise to what it once was. The king of Xbox, without a doubt.
Well said my man. Well said. It deserves to rise into the glory it once had, however for it to do that, they gotta really look back at some of the things the previous games succeeded at.
Broey Broe wrote:
Oh man what this has done to the game just saddens me due to my original love for the game, I can see the intention but man oh man the result is just horrible for people that have been dedicated to the game. For the newbies that want to get better this is...alright, but remember in the old days where to get better you'd have to get your -Yoink- handed to you by others? I know this isn't a thing for everyone but it is a great way at getting better at the game honestly as it's practically how I got better at the game thanks to old mcc having none of this restriction stuff. Ranked I understand getting restrictions with this stuff but SOCIAL...ugh, I've already said it countless times on twitter so I won't drag it on, but this system, is a great idea, but man it's just...not good execution wise. And I'm saying this not in a dickish way, but in a more constructive way, getting punished with a ban for I'm pretty sure it's at least two games of sucking into a few games where you do really well in, is really counter intuitive, this 50% win rate thing shouldn't really be a thing in the first place, it's fine to lose, but you should have a higher win rate based on skill. not having it so the game throws more and more at you each game you jump into, like going from matching solos to matching duos to then matching stacked teams that are super sweaty, all by yourself. Of course people aren't going to want to play the game when this is all they're playing across the board, It removes the whole point of the game that the intention here is supposed to show, which is to stop others from ruining the game and let them have fun. It feels like this targets one very minor audience apposed to the whole games audience, which is pretty disappointing. I'm saying this not as a hater but just someone that's loved this game, only to now really play it as they feel obligated to.
Are you trying to say purposeful derankers should not be banned?
Broey Broe wrote:
Oh man what this has done to the game just saddens me due to my original love for the game, I can see the intention but man oh man the result is just horrible for people that have been dedicated to the game. For the newbies that want to get better this is...alright, but remember in the old days where to get better you'd have to get your -Yoink- handed to you by others? I know this isn't a thing for everyone but it is a great way at getting better at the game honestly as it's practically how I got better at the game thanks to old mcc having none of this restriction stuff. Ranked I understand getting restrictions with this stuff but SOCIAL...ugh, I've already said it countless times on twitter so I won't drag it on, but this system, is a great idea, but man it's just...not good execution wise. And I'm saying this not in a dickish way, but in a more constructive way, getting punished with a ban for I'm pretty sure it's at least two games of sucking into a few games where you do really well in, is really counter intuitive, this 50% win rate thing shouldn't really be a thing in the first place, it's fine to lose, but you should have a higher win rate based on skill. not having it so the game throws more and more at you each game you jump into, like going from matching solos to matching duos to then matching stacked teams that are super sweaty, all by yourself. Of course people aren't going to want to play the game when this is all they're playing across the board, It removes the whole point of the game that the intention here is supposed to show, which is to stop others from ruining the game and let them have fun. It feels like this targets one very minor audience apposed to the whole games audience, which is pretty disappointing. I'm saying this not as a hater but just someone that's loved this game, only to now really play it as they feel obligated to.
Are you trying to say purposeful derankers should not be banned?
Derankers have been in Halo since Halo 2's inception. I have never been one to care about my rank much, I just like to play, and used to play with my friends, before they all left. Anyways, are people really that insecure that they can't take a massive owning by someone? I'm not saying it's good to derank, it's not, but with the ammount of games coming out today, coupled with gamers low attention span. It seems to me anything that would make the Halo 5 population smaller, when it takes away people that plays constantly, would be negative. In a perfect world, no derankers would exist, and all would play Halo. If this is ridding constant players, all to appease players that will only play h5 a couple times a week, and never again after a months, it seems that would be counterintuitive. I though support whatever 343i does. I was just giving my ignorant opinion.
Broey Broe wrote:
Oh man what this has done to the game just saddens me due to my original love for the game, I can see the intention but man oh man the result is just horrible for people that have been dedicated to the game. For the newbies that want to get better this is...alright, but remember in the old days where to get better you'd have to get your -Yoink- handed to you by others? I know this isn't a thing for everyone but it is a great way at getting better at the game honestly as it's practically how I got better at the game thanks to old mcc having none of this restriction stuff. Ranked I understand getting restrictions with this stuff but SOCIAL...ugh, I've already said it countless times on twitter so I won't drag it on, but this system, is a great idea, but man it's just...not good execution wise. And I'm saying this not in a dickish way, but in a more constructive way, getting punished with a ban for I'm pretty sure it's at least two games of sucking into a few games where you do really well in, is really counter intuitive, this 50% win rate thing shouldn't really be a thing in the first place, it's fine to lose, but you should have a higher win rate based on skill. not having it so the game throws more and more at you each game you jump into, like going from matching solos to matching duos to then matching stacked teams that are super sweaty, all by yourself. Of course people aren't going to want to play the game when this is all they're playing across the board, It removes the whole point of the game that the intention here is supposed to show, which is to stop others from ruining the game and let them have fun. It feels like this targets one very minor audience apposed to the whole games audience, which is pretty disappointing. I'm saying this not as a hater but just someone that's loved this game, only to now really play it as they feel obligated to.
Are you trying to say purposeful derankers should not be banned?
Derankers have been in Halo since Halo 2's inception. I have never been one to care about my rank much, I just like to play, and used to play with my friends, before they all left. Anyways, are people really that insecure that they can't take a massive owning by someone? I'm not saying it's good to derank, it's not, but with the ammount of games coming out today, coupled with gamers low attention span. It seems to me anything that would make the Halo 5 population smaller, when it takes away people that plays constantly, would be negative. In a perfect world, no derankers would exist, and all would play Halo. If this is ridding constant players, all to appease players that will only play h5 a couple times a week, and never again after a months, it seems that would be counterintuitive. I though support whatever 343i does. I was just giving my ignorant opinion.
The thing is, the people who play constantly can still play constantly...just not against people they shouldn't be playing against. I'd venture to say that many more people have left Halo 5 because of getting unfairly stomped than not being able to derank, so this is a net loss. Sure, you get better by playing better players, but only within a certain limit. I bet there is a threshold of benefit.

Also, I recently was put on a team with a player who placed Diamond 3 two months ago, then played again a few days ago and tanked his placement matches to get Bronze 3 (we're talking games of 0-20 back to back to back, I looked at his history). Suddenly he starts owning once he is out of placement. The game where he was on my team was Onyx/Champion level and he only went -2...as a Bronze. Somehow the system missed this account or hopefully he was banned into ovlivion shortly after. But, the point is this guy was a textbook case and was able to avoid getting banned so I wouldn't get paranoid.
Somehow the system missed this account or hopefully he was banned into ovlivion shortly after. But, the point is this guy was a textbook case and was able to avoid getting banned so I wouldn't get paranoid.
If you think the system missed an obvious case of manipulation, you can PM the GT in question to snickerdoodle. 343 will look into it.
That being said, derankers get hit but not necessarily immediately. You can read back a bit and see that people were banned after playing multiple games with derankers; it can take awhile, but they do get caught.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. ...
  7. 10