OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21
TrueSkill2 Update
TrueSkill2 has rolled out successfully into Quick Play so far and we’ve seen good results up to this point. Average predictability as measured by TrueSkill2 has dropped from close to 70% (unfair) to near 50% (ideal) across all skill levels. In fact, even the bottom 10% of players by skill have gone from a 37% win percentage to 50%.

We are targeting this week to roll it out to the rest of the Social and Warzone playlists. I’ll update the thread and twitter as this goes live.

Playlist Popularity
Super Fiesta
Slayer
Heroic Warzone Firefight
Warzone
Quick Play
Big Team Battle
Legendary Warzone Firefight
Infection
Halo 2 BR Slayer
SWAT
Action Sack
Doubles
Team Arena
HaloWC 2018
Mythic Warzone Firefight
Snipers
Breakout
Warzone Assault
Grifball
HaloWC FFA
Thanks for this!!!
Halo community will be happy 😃
Do you know how this relates to games with parties of different ranks? Since I assume Quickplay (and soon-to-be Warzone) will be the places where parties congregate socially i know you said updates for that are coming in the near future, but how does Trueskill 2.0 play into this? Is this a parameter you're currently observing?
Do you know how this relates to games with parties of different ranks? Since I assume Quickplay (and soon-to-be Warzone) will be the places where parties congregate socially i know you said updates for that are coming in the near future, but how does Trueskill 2.0 play into this? Is this a parameter you're currently observing?
So far the skill of parties of different ranks is being estimated as the sum of the skills of the players plus an an extra offset per player based on the party size. This has worked well at estimating their performance (win / loss, kills, deaths, etc.). Players in a party who by far outperform the rest of the party will end up with higher skill ratings the rest. This won't show up directly in Ranked, but it will indirectly.
very cool. How does this affect search types? (focused, balanced, expanded) Can I play on expanded so that I get a shorter wait time, but expect a decently even match?
This needs to happen in Warzone ASAP. The teams right now are so unbelievably unfair with a lot of players abusing the crap out of playing not good players. It's extremely un fun and this needs to change. I don't want to keep playing D*Bags in this game. I want to have fun and enjoy my time.
very cool. How does this affect search types? (focused, balanced, expanded) Can I play on expanded so that I get a shorter wait time, but expect a decently even match?
Those things primarily deal with what data centers are made available to you in order to widen and increase the amount of potential matches that are possible for you to be included in; though, focus had some additional restrictions related to full teams. I wonder if anything will alter on that side going forward given TS2 handles teams better.
Wait- so this system no longer matches you to where there will be very close games?

It will be more of a 50/50 based system instead because that's what it sounds like...

Or was that just an example?
D M4N8 wrote:
Wait- so this system no longer matches you to where there will be very close games?

It will be more of a 50/50 based system instead because that's what it sounds like...

Well, a 50/50 based system means that both teams in any given game have a 50% chance at victory. That, in essence, is likely to result in more even matches (i.e. possibly very close games) occurring more often. I would like to think that every matchmaking system would ideally like to aim for this.
Josh, are you guys planning on changing FFA back to the original version now that the HCS season is over with? If so, will there also be any other changes to it as a way to try and bring back some of its population?
D M4N8 wrote:

Well, a 50/50 based system means that both teams in any given game have a 50% chance at victory. That, in essence, is likely to result in more even matches (i.e. possibly very close games) occurring more often. I would like to think that every matchmaking system would ideally like to aim for this.
What i meant was that you are pretty much destined to lose one game and the other you win by a lot
Blow out games... essentially
At least that's how I understood it
please bring back OG Breakout. Some friends and I just got together last night and played it in custom games and it was some of the most fun I've had playing Halo in months.
This sounds great for solo players. I am very excited for when this rolls out in BTB this week!

I am wondering though is this going to bring back the long wait times for those teams with really high MMR?

Thank you Josh for all that you do!
UPDATE: Trueskill2 is live in Super Fiesta.
Thanks 🙏
I will play Super Fiesta ❤️❤️❤️❤️
UPDATE: Trueskill2 is now live in all Social and Warzone hoppers.
ZaedynFel wrote:
UPDATE: Trueskill2 is live in Super Fiesta.
Out of sheer idle curiosity, how does TS2 work in a playlist that's predicated almost on pure randomness?

Or is it one of those, "Good players will do good with most weapons so it doesn't matter" kind of things?
Kinda crazy how the last 7 games someone on my team has quit😂 needs to be fixed!!
hi,

will trueskill2 be applied to ranked matches?

I wrote a couple weeks ago about being constantly matched in unfair ranked games and not much has changed. I took your advice in changing my search preferences to focused but it feels the same as balanced.

my last match:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-ca/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/e5f86be8-727e-4c76-9808-53fdf1721bd0/players/pablo%20says%20hi?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

red team had two champions and tow onyx players while we (blue team) had a platinum, two low level diamonds and an unranked.

could you please explain to me why the current system allows games like these to be played? Why doesnt the current system recognize this as unfair?

thanks,

Pablo
hi,

will trueskill2 be applied to ranked matches?

I wrote a couple weeks ago about being constantly matched in unfair ranked games and not much has changed. I took your advice in changing my search preferences to focused but it feels the same as balanced.

my last match:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-ca/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/e5f86be8-727e-4c76-9808-53fdf1721bd0/players/pablo%20says%20hi?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

red team had two champions and tow onyx players while we (blue team) had a platinum, two low level diamonds and an unranked.

could you please explain to me why the current system allows games like these to be played? Why doesnt the current system recognize this as unfair?

thanks,

Pablo
May I ask what region you play in?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21