1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 21
ZaedynFel wrote:
UPDATE: Trueskill2 is live in Super Fiesta.
Out of sheer idle curiosity, how does TS2 work in a playlist that's predicated almost on pure randomness?

Or is it one of those, "Good players will do good with most weapons so it doesn't matter" kind of things?
It’s actually still predictable
ZaedynFel wrote:
UPDATE: Trueskill2 is now live in all Social and Warzone hoppers.
Kind of a odd question, but does this apply to Firefight as well? If so how does that work since the vast majority of matches end in victory and there is only one team.
KingFizzyB wrote:
Kinda crazy how the last 7 games someone on my team has quit😂 needs to be fixed!!
If that was something they could just go and fix, they would have done so a long time ago
Im just happy i got my 152, if this makes the search times as slow as the old MMR system then i'll just be done ;-;
Have the quit rates dropped in the Quickplay playlist since introducing TS2 or is it roughly the same?

I hope this TS2 system works out. I'm gonna have a hard time staying in the search lobby to see if this works instead of quitting the build when I match up against a party.
Exenius wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Kind of a odd question, but does this apply to Firefight as well? If so how does that work since the vast majority of matches end in victory and there is only one team.
It does not apply to firefight.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Have the quit rates dropped in the Quickplay playlist since introducing TS2 or is it roughly the same?

I hope this TS2 system works out. I'm gonna have a hard time staying in the search lobby to see if this works instead of quitting the build when I match up against a party.
There are no parties in Quick Play larger than 2 players.

In other lists, parties will have their skill inflated to the level that accurately predicts their win%. So parties that win a lot will have much higher skill ratings than the individuals alone.
ZaedynFel wrote:
There are no parties in Quick Play larger than 2 players.

In other lists, parties will have their skill inflated to the level that accurately predicts their win%. So parties that win a lot will have much higher skill ratings than the individuals alone.
Might be a little confusion, but my party comment wasn't meant to be related to my Quickplay question. I was just wondering if the quit rates have dropped in general in that playlist.

That's good to know about the parties though. I'll match at least one a night in BTB while searching so I'll stay in the lobby and see how it goes.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Exenius wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
I may be misremembering it, but it was my understanding that firefight had no skills. Is that correct?
ZaedynFel wrote:
Exenius wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
I may be misremembering it, but it was my understanding that firefight had no skills. Is that correct?
I think so, I'd have to double check. It may have placeholder ones, but they're ignored / meaningless. Makes the code simpler to not have explicit exceptions if they're not needed.
I’m really grateful with Zaedynfel and 343 Industries, because they try to do the best to help us.
I love Halo and I know the Halo community will be grateful too.
Thanks ❤️
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
Wait- so this system no longer matches you to where there will be very close games?

It will be more of a 50/50 based system instead because that's what it sounds like...

Or was that just an example?
Well, a 50/50 based system means that both teams in any given game have a 50% chance at victory. That, in essence, is likely to result in more even matches (i.e. possibly very close games) occurring more often. I would like to think that every matchmaking system would ideally like to aim for this.
What i meant was that you are pretty much destined to lose one game and the other you win by a lot
Blow out games... essentially
At least that's how I understood it
No. We don’t do a anything like that. We don’t look at your win percentage and try to balance it. We look at your skill and try to at least make sure both teams have the same skill altogether. This leads to 50% win percent over time. Or, at least over your latest matches since TrueSkill2 went into the playlist.
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Exenius wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
I think so, I'd have to double check. It may have placeholder ones, but they're ignored / meaningless. Makes the code simpler to not have explicit exceptions if they're not needed.
Is it possible that the SBMing that exists in the matchmaker can be re-tuned to simply prioritize game experience (aka Spartan Rank) over Skill measurements?
eLantern wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Exenius wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Is it possible that the SBMing that exists in the matchmaker can be re-tuned to simply prioritize game experience (aka Spartan Rank) over Skill measurements?
You mean in the Firefight lists?
ZaedynFel wrote:
eLantern wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Exenius wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Yes.
eLantern wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
eLantern wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Exenius wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Yes.
Possible in theory. I don’t think we pass that through currently though.
eLantern wrote:
Even if it was possible, I don't think it would be a good idea to try to match firefight players with other players around their own SR, because then new players would never win and higher ranked players would easily win 100% of the time (I'm not necessarily assuming you thought it was a good idea. You may have been asking out of pure curiosity. I just felt the need to point that out). If anything, it would have to do the opposite of what it does in PvP, and try to make teams with the widest possible difference of high and low ranked players. Warzone Firefight currently has a lot of problems but I don't think the matchmaking is really one of them, or at least a big one.
I am very impressed. I played some solo warzone and I had very good matches. I only had 3 blowout matches where I lost against a team. And one of the teams I ended up matching against again and I ended up beating them. I had one loss against solo players. The rest of my matches were victories on very fair matches.
eLantern wrote:
Even if it was possible, I don't think it would be a good idea to try to match firefight players with other players around their own SR, because then new players would never win and higher ranked players would easily win 100% of the time (I'm not necessarily assuming you thought it was a good idea. You may have been asking out of pure curiosity. I just felt the need to point that out). If anything, it would have to do the opposite of what it does in PvP, and try to make teams with the widest possible difference of high and low ranked players. Warzone Firefight currently has a lot of problems but I don't think the matchmaking is really one of them, or at least a big one.
Actually I was thinking it could look to diversify the team as much as possible in Heroic (a good mix of highly experienced players, middle, and low), look to pair very highly experience players with low in Legendary while looking to group the middle. I assume Mythic is mostly made up of middle and highly experienced players.

Another thought went past simply a players total Spartan Rank as a measurement of experience, but perhaps an invisible measurement of playlist experience too which I assumed is tracked by the SBMMing system. That could also have some influence in WZFF if it was allowed to.
Quickplay I played 1 match. I went 34 kills 0 deaths. I can't find a match anymore. That's a good thing. The ranking system is trying to match me with an equal team but there are not enough players.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 21