2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 21
DoubIe A wrote:
Quickplay I played 1 match. I went 34 kills 0 deaths. I can't find a match anymore. That's a good thing. The ranking system is trying to match me with an equal team but there are not enough players.
It should eventually match you. It'll hold out for around 40 seconds though.
eLantern wrote:
Actually I was thinking it could look to diversify the team as much as possible in Heroic (a good mix of highly experienced players, middle, and low), look to pair very highly experience players with low in Legendary while looking to group the middle.
Indeed, that's basically what I was saying it would have to do.
eLantern wrote:
I assume Mythic is mostly made up of middle and highly experienced players.
Hopefully you're right about that
eLantern wrote:
Another thought went past simply a players total Spartan Rank as a measurement of experience, but perhaps an invisible measurement of playlist experience too which I assumed is tracked by the SBMMing system. That could also have some influence in WZFF if it was allowed to.
It would be cool if they could set up a system like that. Again, there are much more pressing issues with Warzone Firefight and I would hope 343 could address those in addition to any changes they make with its matchmaking, but I wouldn't complain if they improved it in any way.
Hello my name Is L1FE and I play a ton of social grifball. I’ve been playing grifball since 2011 on halo Reach and loved it there. Being a really good player at grifball my win percentage is 85%. With this new trueskillv2 update it is now impossible to find a match of grifball bcuz I am so much better than most of the people in the playlist. Is there a way you can possibly take this out of grifball. It takes nearly 20 minutes to find a match. Even tho you are trying to make it 50/50 it never will be. So you’re just ruining it for me. I don’t want to have to carry 3 bad kids every game,
but when I want to play in a team I can’t. You shouldn’t force me to carry the bad players. Bcuz that’s not my fault they’re bad.They should be forced to get better. If you’re just going to make me wait twenty minutes to play why let me play at all? Please just please. Take it out of grif. It’s not helping just making it harder to find matches.

You adjusted it aye?
Still haven’t found a game yet.
Ready to take this trash truskill thing out of grifball yet?
ZaedynFel wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
Wait- so this system no longer matches you to where there will be very close games?

It will be more of a 50/50 based system instead because that's what it sounds like...

Or was that just an example?
Well, a 50/50 based system means that both teams in any given game have a 50% chance at victory. That, in essence, is likely to result in more even matches (i.e. possibly very close games) occurring more often. I would like to think that every matchmaking system would ideally like to aim for this.
What i meant was that you are pretty much destined to lose one game and the other you win by a lot
Blow out games... essentially
At least that's how I understood it
No. We don’t do a anything like that. We don’t look at your win percentage and try to balance it. We look at your skill and try to at least make sure both teams have the same skill altogether. This leads to 50% win percent over time. Or, at least over your latest matches since TrueSkill2 went into the playlist.
Can't wait to see it work work wonders on ranked- then!
Most of my games are me usually carrying my team and winning 5/0 with a 3.0kd or higher. Am doing even when the other good players are on I’m partied up with them so either way my team will be stacked. Yes maybe sometimes we do run into decent or above average players but it’s not often. So why is it that you need to put this in grifball. I mean seriously what’s the point. This literally reminds me of when I used to get avoid me rep for being to good at grifball so I wasn’t able to play bcuz it wouldn’t let you find matches. You guys are just taking stuff out of the game and adding it on in a different form. You’re just ruining the game for the good kids and making it easier for the bad ones. Isn’t that a little Byas
I still havent seen a response regarding long wait times for High MMR players in Warzone. Will TrueSkill2 cause the wait times to climb for these players? I really dont have time to sit around for 15 minutes to get a match anymore like it was over this past winter.
L1FE wrote:
Most of my games are me usually carrying my team and winning 5/0 with a 3.0kd or higher. Am doing even when the other good players are on I’m partied up with them so either way my team will be stacked. Yes maybe sometimes we do run into decent or above average players but it’s not often. So why is it that you need to put this in grifball. I mean seriously what’s the point. This literally reminds me of when I used to get avoid me rep for being to good at grifball so I wasn’t able to play bcuz it wouldn’t let you find matches. You guys are just taking stuff out of the game and adding it on in a different form. You’re just ruining the game for the good kids and making it easier for the bad ones. Isn’t that a little Byas
Were you actually ending games or racking up killionaires spawn killing kids
So you’re saying I’m always going to win one and then lose one😂Literally out of every match I’ve played so far which is prolly 40 or 50 today. I not lost twice. So clearly this isn’t working. It’s kust making me wait longer to wreck the other team
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
ZaedynFel wrote:
TrueSkill2 UpdateTrueSkill2 has rolled out successfully into Quick Play so far and we’ve seen good results up to this point. Average predictability as measured by TrueSkill2 has dropped from close to 70% (unfair) to near 50% (ideal) across all skill levels. In fact, even the bottom 10% of players by skill have gone from a 37% win percentage to 50%.

We are targeting this week to roll it out to the rest of the Social and Warzone playlists. I’ll update the thread and twitter as this goes live.

Playlist PopularitySuper Fiesta
Slayer
Heroic Warzone Firefight
Warzone
Quick Play
Big Team Battle
Legendary Warzone Firefight
Infection
Halo 2 BR Slayer
SWAT
Action Sack
Doubles
Team Arena
HaloWC 2018
Mythic Warzone Firefight
Snipers
Breakout
Warzone Assault
Grifball
HaloWC FFA
Just wanted to let you know that this system isn’t working for grifball. My wait time went from 2 minutes to 20 minutes to find a game. Plus all the good kids in grifball are friends so we never find each other. And if we do they know it’s us so they just back out bcuz they don’t want to lose. And I barely lose. Even with the new update I’ve only lost twice. This reminds me of the old Avoid me rep. People would abuse it doc couldn’t play. Ive been playing grif for 7 years and this just ruined it. Plus I sent this forum link to a grifball group chat so be prepared when 20 other daily grifballer players show up to tell you that it has ruined grif. Remember back in the winter when no one who was good could find matches. Here is round two. Thnx 343 for ruining your game👏🏻I sent this forum link to a grifball group chat so I can prove to you it’s ruining grifball. And you say it shouldn’t take that lon to match? 3 games an hour sounds da like a longtime to me. Lemme just say it ok before you really do kill halo like bungie did with destiny 2. FIX YOUR GAME. NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS SO WHY ADD IT.
I still havent seen a response regarding long wait times for High MMR players in Warzone. Will TrueSkill2 cause the wait times to climb for these players? I really dont have time to sit around for 15 minutes to get a match anymore like it was over this past winter.
As long as you aren't in a full party, Warzone times should be faster than before
L1FE wrote:
Hello my name Is L1FE and I play a ton of social grifball. I’ve been playing grifball since 2011 on halo Reach and loved it there. Being a really good player at grifball my win percentage is 85%. With this new trueskillv2 update it is now impossible to find a match of grifball bcuz I am so much better than most of the people in the playlist. Is there a way you can possibly take this out of grifball. It takes nearly 20 minutes to find a match
What L1fe says is true, I couldn’t find a game today for hours because Grifball search kept saying that there wasn’t enough players and it is so unfair, if you guys won’t let people play Grifball just remove it from Halo 5, otherwise make it fair to the way it used to be.
PS Grifball is not competitive and if you guys keep it that way make a rank for us! Don’t make it useless for the players!
L1FE wrote:
Hello my name Is L1FE and I play a ton of social grifball. I’ve been playing grifball since 2011 on halo Reach and loved it there. Being a really good player at grifball my win percentage is 85%. With this new trueskillv2 update it is now impossible to find a match of grifball bcuz I am so much better than most of the people in the playlist. Is there a way you can possibly take this out of grifball. It takes nearly 20 minutes to find a match
Like in previous Halos, if you are queuing in a full party and there isn't another skilled full party on, you will often not find a match.

Also, this is not biasing towards the bad players at all, it is fixing the bias. Before this change, the bottom players were winning only 29% of their matches, which is clearly unfair.

Now they at 50%.

The top players are also at 50%, so that's fair as well, and not biased either way.

And, yes, the very very top will still win more and wait longer, but it's always been that way. We aren't tuning for the handful of 0.0000001% players, but for the bulk.
That said, I did just adjust several playlists based on new incoming data from today, including Grifball.
@ZaedynFel: I know you're planning on rolling this out to Ranked at some point. Do you have a rough timeline when that will be? In the next week or two, or when the season resets in a couple months? Or sooner than that?
D M4N8 wrote:
Wait- so this system no longer matches you to where there will be very close games?

It will be more of a 50/50 based system instead because that's what it sounds like...

50/50 means matches will be tighter. You have that chance of winning, so less chance for consistent blowouts.
L1FE wrote:
So you’re saying I’m always going to win one and then lose one😂Literally out of every match I’ve played so far which is prolly 40 or 50 today. I not lost twice. So clearly this isn’t working. It’s kust making me wait longer to wreck the other team
Please refrain from posting multiple times in a row. You can edit your posts to add information and respond to more than one person in a single post.
This needs to happen in Warzone ASAP. The teams right now are so unbelievably unfair with a lot of players abusing the crap out of playing not good players. It's extremely un fun and this needs to change. I don't want to keep playing D*Bags in this game. I want to have fun and enjoy my time.
Players in a team aren't "abusing the crap out of people." They match who the game wants them to match, its not their fault that they want to play with their friends....
@ZaedynFel: I know you're planning on rolling this out to Ranked at some point. Do you have a rough timeline when that will be? In the next week or two, or when the season resets in a couple months? Or sooner than that?
We're aiming for season roll. So if everything goes well it shouldn't be too far off.
D M4N8 wrote:

50/50 means matches will be tighter. You have that chance of winning, so less chance for consistent blowouts.
Unless I'm matching up against you! Ugh, it seems like every night I meet up against you and never with you. :)

Anyways, it seemed like the few games I played last night that I was matched with more players closer to my caliber.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 21