OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
ZaedynFel wrote:
Is this update the reason for such bad connections recently then or is it just bad servers? Because I just played 3 games on balanced and had players teleport around the map, bullets not registering correctly (i.e 5th shot not killing or just ghost bullet effect) as well as players melee attack hit round a corner, seriously I was legit tempted to report hacks lol. But realtalk these bad connection issues are making it painful to play.
There has been nothing updated that makes the servers worse. Try Focused though.

If you are having to search Balanced / Expanded because Focused is taking too long, that generally means that, for your particular location and skill level, there aren't a lot of matches right now.
So I tried your suggestion for playing on Focused, Im still getting LAG in-game although the teams are alot more balanced, I just did a game on my warm up account and the LAG was terrible, it got a point someone fired a pistol like a -Yoink- AR (could be using turbo controllers but looked more like the quad shot glitch in H2), seriously some maintenance needs to happen, the forums has had plenty of threads these past couple days on the state of servers from both US and EU players yet we havent heard a thing that 343 has acknowledge this and are planning to fix it. Even Pro Players like Naded have noticed the terrible quality of games recently, hope you can shed some light on this as you appear to be the only 343 member who speaks with the community on the forums thanks.
ZaedynFel wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Like I said earlier, I don't want strict matching, but just closer skill matching with full parties which I think is doable in a playlist like BTB for example since it's traditionally been the more populated playlist in past Halos (my previous post assumption). The thing that's up in the air for me is if that kind of social change can be applied to individual playlists or is it universal.

I run into full parties everyday which is why I responded the way I did in my previous post. Granted, it's usually the same dedicated ones, but there are the random ones as well that I'll run into more than once. I communicate sometimes, but the majority of the time it's not worth it especially when no one else is talking either. When you're playing against onyx level players and most of your teammates are gold or lower, communicating isn't going to do much if they or me can't get kills. I'll let Josh determine if it's hard to do or not, but I think he could do it.

Edit: First game of the night in BTB. Get matched against a full party who farm us. They intentionally didn't score the last flag even when we only had 3-4 people left. Lol, you can't make this up.
Link
Out of curiousity, how do you tell if it's a full party? Level of coordination? Playing the same exact people again?

The problem with Party matching in BTB isn't so much the overall population size, but the amount of that population that runs in large parties. It's pretty tiny, so facing one of those is generally pretty rare.
I Dont think it's rare to play a full team when it searches based on your MMR aND matchmaking doesn't search for another team to match the teams playing. It just throws ppl in quickly and you just happen to face teams more often than not atleast for higher MMR players like myself.

I just wish fair matching was a thing small amount of teams or not it should be fair. Solo or small parties shouldn't be punished. And 80% of the time when I suspect a team I can tell by their coordination and I check their friends list which shows that the team is mainly friends.

Like I said for higher MMR I think it's a problem. Does social even need an mmr? Couldn't social just search purely randomly and just match teams vs teams to be fair?
ZaedynFel wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Does social even need an mmr? Couldn't social just search purely randomly and just match teams vs teams to be fair?
All matchmaking in general must have MMR SBMM; though, as Josh has mentioned team's should receive a type of MMR boost to indicated the skill increase brought by team coordination. It should effectively compensate for the issue at hand without causing any other issues. Josh said its something in 343i's pipeline being worked on.
The stats might show even matches but as I far as I'm concerned there still as inconsistent and uneven as ever. I don't care what your algorithm says. When an unranked level 5 wipes the floor on FFA something is still seriously wrong. And BTW thanks for ruining FFA. It was at least fun before and one of 2 playlists I actually care about. Now it's a -Yoinking!- joke. Not that the ranking in H5 was ever any good to begin with. It's a total crap shoot. Good like trying to get anywhere now.

And the max MMR gap is bull -Yoink-. If im platinum in FFA, according to you I shouldn't be matching against Onyx.......but big shocker, I did so.......
Josh, do you deal with the RP and XP playlist payout amounts?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4