1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
yXuIF wrote:
I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but if you search on 'Expanded' search preference and complete a game, waiting out the intermission leads to you researching on 'Balanced' rather than 'Expanded' again, hence why we have to back out and re-search.
I dont think thats actually true
I don't believe this has been mentioned so far, but part of the reason people will back out and research is to "reset the lobby" after getting beaten. I don't know how much this actually affects (as I've played the same team after doing this), but I see it done pretty often in parties I'm in. Could be contributing to your 'back out and research' stats.

A skip button would be great!
Dr. Menke? I saw your twitter. Are you a PHD? Anyway, always enjoy reading your update. Some thoughts...

Is intermission too long or too short?
My preference is to have it as is. A question for you. At what point do most players back out? Of course I do not have access to the data you have, but I suspect much of the skipping occurs as soon as the new map is displayed. If this is the case, the skip button will become a defacto map voting button. A possible solution to this is to have a toggle, much like assassinations, where you can turn off the intermission as a general setting.

What are you going to do about Champion players partying with low CSR accounts to rank up faster?
What happens when lower ranked players like myself party with onyx and champs? From experience it seems to be pretty well balanced, with the opposing team having an onyx player and golds.
Skip Button? Yes please!

Additional: Please think about a "Custom Mix Bag" Matchmaking like Titanfall 2 or Rocket League.
Would absolutely love this. Being able to search between action sack, infection, and support fiesta would be awesome.
My wife and I like to play these games together. But now with Halo 5 we cannot figure out how we can both play from the same system... Do any of you know if that option is still available or not?
A "skip intermission, reset lobby" button would be great. I rarely care to stay with the teammates given.
It's too short in my opinion, I can never get back in time from grabbing a beer and taking a leak.
I have one question josh, is it still possible to gain CSR even when you lose? i had a match of slayer in which we won but one of the enemy guy gained positive CSR when he lost. he was placed on 2nd and he was the only one who gained positive CSR with exacly 15 kills and 15 deaths, the rest lost CSR.
Natabase wrote:
In my experience, people quit during intermission and rematch primarily in order to avoid matching the same players in the next game. I've never had an issue with the intermission length for accomplishing inter-game tasks like opening REQ packs, changing armor, checking PGCR, etc. I've also never heard anybody complain about the length.

The option to match right away would be cool, though. I'm always a fan of more granular controls.
Yep, if I let the timer run down, I'll likely get matched with the same people.

I'm okay with the time as-is, but an option to skip right ahead my help in hopefully shuffling players around a little.
Please for the love of god add the skip intermission button. The intermission is a bit of a weird time. I can appreciate it existing for people opening packs but that's pretty much it. If I need to run to the washroom or go grab something from around the house I sometimes make it back after a match has already begun. As it stands I have ALWAYS backed out to the lobby and started searching again since day 1. PLEASE add a button to skip the intermission and start searching immediately.

EDIT: I should add that having a skip button may prevent another issue. Sometimes backing out will send you back to the main menu if you do it too quick (though it may just be random) after a match ends. It's annoying to have to load into the game list and then click it again. I will admit this bug really should be fixed on its own but if a skip intermission button resolved this I would almost never encounter it. As it stands I encounter it a few times each play session.
Hey Josh! Thanks for the update.
To answer a question you already have the answers to, i believe implementing a longer timer with a majority skip option/fireteam leader skip. This would allow people to settle down, open packs, and such and when everyone is ready, they can hit the skip button. I believe this would be worth the investment.
nendoras wrote:
Willko wrote:
Are there any matchmaking or playlist updates coming down the pipeline for MCC?
This is not the place. First and only warning.
What about my post about the smurfing people? Is it okay? I can delete it if it is out of place
Your post is fine but I suggest you read the prior posts by OP. He explains that they're working on something. Reporting people for cheating is more an Xbox Live thing, not a Halo specific thing.
I think he is talking about the in game report system, which goes to 343.
Hi Josh,

A button to bypass Intermission would be great. Also, make Intermission 1 minute longer. I find myself running back from the kitchen/bathroom for the next game.
Sometimes I feel the intermission is too slow, but other times, I feel it is too fast. It depends on what I'm doing, really. Increasing the intermission time AND adding a skip button would cater to more scenarios and be the best of both worlds IMO.
I'd prefer a longer intermission with a skip button. That way I actually have time to make my sandwich between games rather than when I'm a Zombie.
I really don't mind the way it is now, but I would not object in any way to a skip feature. It's more polished and it means fewer clicks if the playlist you're working on is near the bottom of the list (e.g. Proving grounds). You could probably add 5-10 seconds with the skip option as well to make it just a little bit easier to change an armor or a skin.
PeterAK91 wrote:
I have one question josh, is it still possible to gain CSR even when you lose? i had a match of slayer in which we won but one of the enemy guy gained positive CSR when he lost. he was placed on 2nd and he was the only one who gained positive CSR with exacly 15 kills and 15 deaths, the rest lost CSR.
This sounds like a bug, if you can find the match in waypoint I will take a look.
Can we please have population numbers for playlists sometime in the future? You suggested to play SWAT at global peak times, but we don't know when said peak times are without a population count. We've been asking for these since MCC, could you please explain why they haven't been implemented?

Thanks again for continuing to make these posts!
inthep1t wrote:
PeterAK91 wrote:
This sounds like a bug, if you can find the match in waypoint I will take a look.
I found the match but i can already confirm that the guy was placing his rank. i saw his previous match and was 9/10 placement so the next one i faced him and we won but he lost so obviously he got his rank placement so im guessing it appears as positive.
I personally back out and search almost after every game. I usually take like 10 seconds or so to flip through the stats (oh they were oynx...) etc and then back out and search again. I look at detailed stats at work on waypoint. I would love the option to skip with the leader overriding the party, because there are definite useful reasons to keep the 30 seconds in case someone has to grab water or do something in real life quick.

Really glad smurfing issues are being fixed soon, it's so bad.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7