2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
bkpaguy wrote:
I'd prefer a longer intermission with a skip button. That way I actually have time to make my sandwich between games rather than when I'm a Zombie.
Erm, if you're gonna make a sandwich, you should be backing out to the lobby and doing that rather than trying to cram it into the intermission time or mid-game. Thanks for letting us know what kind of player you are though, I guess? :|

It's too short in my opinion, I can never get back in time from grabbing a beer and taking a leak.
If you're know you're going to want to do multiple things, just back out to the lobby and start the search when you get back. The intermission isn't there to be a built in potty break. If you know you're gonna have to grab a couple things, just back out and then start when you get back.
Jynx Fatal wrote:
inthep1t wrote:
Jynx Fatal wrote:
I have one question josh, is it still possible to gain CSR even when you lose? i had a match of slayer in which we won but one of the enemy guy gained positive CSR when he lost. he was placed on 2nd and he was the only one who gained positive CSR with exacly 15 kills and 15 deaths, the rest lost CSR.
This sounds like a bug, if you can find the match in waypoint I will take a look.
I found the match but i can already confirm that the guy was placing his rank. i saw his previous match and was 9/10 placement so the next one i faced him and we won but he lost so obviously he got his rank placement so im guessing it appears as positive.
Yeah that's likely the case.
I would love a a skip type of button. I personally almost always back out and then research immediately. I usually back out when I have to take a longer break or change playlists. For me the intermission is kind of pointless because if I do want a break it would be something much longer like 3+ minutes.

This post has been hidden.

Add a skip button pls.
Unknown wrote:
so i get a two week ban for what hundreds of people are doing on a daily basis. im beating teams in my game history doing thee exact same thing. Theres people champion in multiple playlist like 4-5 a season, PROS DONT EVEN DO THAT. look at some of the people who have 3.5 KD and 97 win% in Team arena and they're champions! YEEEAAAH RIGHT LOLOL. You should go ahead and tell the pros they are not allowed to play with subscribers anymore because thats cheating as well. i know of people doing it right now nothings being done
I'm taking this with a big grain of salt. Every comment i see you make basically amount to "stop taking away things that I can abuse to artificially inflate my rank".
I am sure that whatever system has been put in place to stop activity that josh has warned people to stop doing requires a good degree of confidence before it kicks in.

Pro's playing with subs is not the same thing at all. A mixed party does not equal smurphing. When pros play with subs, they are playing with people well below their rank but those players own ranks are still accurate. Nothing is being exploited. Its up to the matchmaking system to find an opposing match that is fair for the mix of accurate individual ranks.

The behavior that is being corrected for is when players play in a mixed party with new accounts who's skill level is far above their CSR. In the example you give of pro's playing with subs, the subs ranks are lower but they are still close to or match the players skill level. A screenshot without context might look the same, but the reality of it is far different.
bkpaguy wrote:
I'd prefer a longer intermission with a skip button. That way I actually have time to make my sandwich between games rather than when I'm a Zombie.
Or you could, y'know, back out, make your sandwich and then come back? Things like this are the reason the Wii and 3DS have those "Take a break" warnings

When can we start using the forfeit match option you talked about on the previous update? ZaedynFel

Also, thanks for being very patient and interact with the community. I wish whoever is in charge of eSports settings would do the same thing....
Hi Josh,

Another great post! Keep 'em coming!

For the Skip button - Yes please! Instead of changing the intermission to a specific length each player can skip it when they are done! Also, If you are on a "not-optimal" connection, you need a little more time to load up the stats from the match. My teammates normally already has seen all stats and are ready for next match before mine loads!

Sounds good with the smurfing, but please remember it only handles one aspect of it. It only will fix that they will not gain CSR from it and that is great! But from the amount of "lower body gyrations" going on in those games - I will put it forward that several guys do it just to Troll! :-D
Unknown wrote:
Apoll0 wrote:
Unknown wrote:
im going to destroy kids in this game, matter of fact id rather be lower for easier games. if i cared about bragging rights i would boost team arena lol. it was simply to get games faster and play with friends not nearly as good as me.
You just gave a perfect explanation of why you got banned. By your own admission, you and your friends were abusing the MM system to play against easier opponents, so you could "destroy" them, and have fun at their expense. I looked at your recent game history and it's very clear. You're deliberately creating a crappy experience for other players so you can have "fun" stomping them. What about this don't you understand?

If you want to stomp all over enemies who can't fight back on your level, play firefight against AI. Ranked playlists with strict MM parameters are intended to facilitate close, hard-fought games.
I usually back out because I want to look at other things and I don't want to match the same people. I wouldn't be against a skip button though.

A couple questions:

1) Can you address if anything is being done with JIP to fix it? I mentioned it in the last update like games ending as soon as you join or shortly after you join for example.

2) Are you still working on something so solo players don't match full parties as often in social, and if so, can you give a ballpark figure of when that would be implemented?
In theory, I'd prefer a slightly longer intermission (maybe 30 more seconds) PLUS a skip button.

However, I often find that my game freezes while in the post-game lobby, and no button presses register, until the next "looking for match" screen appears. So... it may not always be possible to execute that skip option if you're frozen. For that reason, I vote to leave the intermission length as-is.
So basically what I'm getting out of this is when I look for a match and get matched up with a random diamond teammate I'm gonna get punished for it now? So not only is me being an onyx carrying him but now I'm not going to be able to rank up because he's a diamond and I'm an onyx...how about you fix your ranking system first to where I can't get matched up with anybody that's not near my rank. Also that skill wall your talking about is false. Explain to me why my kda rises constantly but my rank lowers because your game decides to party me up against high onyx teams of 4 on the daily and all I get to work with are low onyx players and diamonds in party chat when I decide to solo queue. I'm not even sweating against these kids but I got jim, bob, and joe on my team that don't even know how to run a flag and all go super negative. Fix your ranking system plz!!!
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
However, I often find that my game freezes while in the post-game lobby, and no button presses register
Yeah, this happens all the time whenever I back out of the post-game lobby to the menu. Sometimes it freezes for a good 15-20 seconds.

Mulshin1 wrote:
So basically what I'm getting out of this is when I look for a match and get matched up with a random diamond teammate I'm gonna get punished for it now?
I'm not positive, but I think it only applies to people in parties with varied ranks.

bkpaguy wrote:
Erm, if you're gonna make a sandwich, you should be backing out to the lobby and doing that rather than trying to cram it into the intermission time or mid-game. Thanks for letting us know what kind of player you are though, I guess? :|

It's too short in my opinion, I can never get back in time from grabbing a beer and taking a leak.
If you're know you're going to want to do multiple things, just back out to the lobby and start the search when you get back. The intermission isn't there to be a built in potty break. If you know you're gonna have to grab a couple things, just back out and then start when you get back.
I'm just curious. If the intermission isn't there for potty breaks or to make a sandwich, what is it there for?
bkpaguy wrote:
bkpaguy wrote:

I'm just curious. If the intermission isn't there for potty breaks or to make a sandwich, what is it there for?
Check stats, open a couple REQ packs, post mortem the last game, etc.

If you want to do more than that, just back out to the lobby.
Is intermission too long or too short?

Intermission is fine where it's at for people with an unhealthy habit of smoking. I'd take a few puffs, and by the time I go to sit down and put on the headset the intro will be finished for the match to begin. Take in account the matchmaker will find a match instantaneously after the intermission counter to finish for this to happen.
I constantly feel that the intermission timer is too long, so I'd love a skip button. My question to you is do you feel that there is an issue with champion players having to both be good and dedicate a lot of time into the game? There are players that are play like champions but can't get the rank because they can't dedicate enough time to it. Situations can happen where someone can get champion but be worse than another player who didn't get champion, with the only difference being amount of time played. I know Luke theNotable brought up this issue so I thought I'd bring it to your attention. Thanks for the update by the way!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7