OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
Regarding the changes coming to Warzone, first off I'm very happy it's getting looked at. Secondly, do we have a time frame for when these changes will hit? And are there details on what exactly they will entail.

Thanks again and tell the team they rock.
I can't be 100% certain, but I think very soon. We have internal testing we do on this stuff. If no red flags go up, it'll go live soon.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Sylxeria wrote:
One thing I hear about Warlords is the search times ended up rising after teams began blocking each other so they wouldn't deal with a team that was constantly beating them. After a while, nobody could find matches because people were leaving, and everyone else had each other mutually blocked.
So you can search with 12 in the playlist which is great but can you remove blocking for any fireteams searching with 12 people?
Just thought of this: can we remove the "don't match against blocked players" flag that was discussed during the warlords thread? A couple people with large block lists might make this a short test unfortunately
I'll look into it. The problem is, we can't remove the blocks for 12-player parties only, and leave them in place for everyone else.

But I'll see.
I don't know what the game's matchmaking structure is like obviously, but could it be possible to say, have the influence of blocking reduced over time during a search? Like, if a group can't find a match after X amount of time because of that, it might match two groups that have each other blocked anyway?

I'm not too good at making suggestions, perhaps someone else might have something to add to this?
ZaedynFel wrote:
Sylxeria wrote:
One thing I hear about Warlords is the search times ended up rising after teams began blocking each other so they wouldn't deal with a team that was constantly beating them. After a while, nobody could find matches because people were leaving, and everyone else had each other mutually blocked.
So you can search with 12 in the playlist which is great but can you remove blocking for any fireteams searching with 12 people?
Just thought of this: can we remove the "don't match against blocked players" flag that was discussed during the warlords thread? A couple people with large block lists might make this a short test unfortunately
I'll look into it. The problem is, we can't remove the blocks for 12-player parties only, and leave them in place for everyone else.

But I'll see.
I figured there would be an dilemma but blocking was a big issue in warlords to the point where they said they would remove it for the next warlords but this is basically an alternative to warlords. So it would be cool if blocking could be removed for 12 man fireteams. Thanks for the response!
ZaedynFel wrote:
Why am I Platinum or even Diamond in most lists, but Gold in HCS? Is MMR cross-playlist? Or do you use it to inform the MMR of other playlists?
Thank you for the explanation. These were my big questions over the weekend.
If there is a prototype of taking MMR across modes does this have any possibility of making its way into Halo 5? Those median numbers that were used they were used prior to the season with the tightest and most accurate parameters to date, correct? Couldn't that give a cause for perhaps changing that up a bit?

All I know is that I have been lingering around Gold 1, with my highest rank this season being Gold 3. If you are telling me those players in the Gold and Plat are Diamonds and Onyxs in Team Arena then I have a real struggle ahead. Don't get me wrong. I am hard headed I won't give up, but I have seen you state a few times now, and know it from personal experience, it is not a whole lot of fun losing to players that far outclass you.

I haven't been able to determine the percentage of blowouts I am experiencing opposed to close matches. To be honest I haven't had the desire to do all that. I have just been playing one game after another.

Either way thanks for the info, but I do hope you reconsider about the possibility of a "reshuffle". Thanks.
I really appreciate that your trying out 12 man warzone. You might have answered this somewhere else (feel free to correct me if he has) but will blocking still take affect when matching two 12 man teams?
Exenius wrote:
I really appreciate that your trying out 12 man warzone. You might have answered this somewhere else (feel free to correct me if he has) but will blocking still take affect when matching two 12 man teams?
From his post earlier the answer seems to be "yes" - so unless the WZ community can agree to put aside their blocking squabbles, then this test will likely end up as a failure and we'll be back to 6-man only because everyone will have everyone else blocked, no matches will be found, and 343i's data will show that and it'll all be shut down.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Sylxeria wrote:

But I'll see.
I recall, back when it was officially confirmed that blocking players in Warzone actually prevented matchmaking, that it was like a "switch" that you had to flip in order for blocking to actually affect matchmaking, and that after finding this you flipped the switch back off, effectively ending the issue of teams using the block feature to prevent matching. Does mean the switch had been on for everyone in Warzone, including solo queuers? What is the natural state of the block feature supposed to be for Warzone in general: is blocking supposed to prevent you from matching with someone else, or is Warzone supposed to not have that feature?
Any further news on the ranked season rewards? I would assume that the season is ending in a few weeks seeing as September is right around the corner and halo 5 has 2 month seasons typically. I know that the last time you brought them up you said that it is being handled by a team working hard on the next halo and that it had to be prioritized differently. But considering the season is probably coming to an end soon, should we see any news on it sooner or later.
So now that MMR will be used instead of CSR, I personally think things will be a bit more confusing, seeing as how we will have no idea what our MMR is.

With MMR now being used, will the system be switched over somehow or will we at least be able to check what our MMR is that way we won't feel cheated somehow?

Oh, and when will these changes take effect? I didn't see a time or date?

Also, I know I'm probably like two years ahead of myself, but will MMR or a similar system be used for the next Halo franchise game?
D M4N8 wrote:
So now that MMR will be used instead of CSR, I personally think things will be a bit more confusing, seeing as how we will have no idea what our MMR is.

With MMR now being used, will the system be switched over somehow or will we at least be able to check what our MMR is that way we won't feel cheated somehow?

Also, I know I'm probably like two years ahead of myself, but will MMR or a similar system be used for the next Halo franchise game?
I believe MMR has always been in use or involved in Halo's Matchmaking since the development of Microsoft's TrueSkill system which dates back to 2005. Josh can correct me if I'm wrong.
eLantern wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:

I believe MMR has always been in use or involved in Halo's Matchmaking since the development of Microsoft's TrueSkill system which dates back to 2005. Josh can correct me if I'm wrong.
Right or wrong. Nothing what I was asking got answered... but thanks for dropping some knowledge.
Blocking should be remove from wz, period. The fact that some of the best players in the world dodge each other just to find less competitive games is a joke.
D M4N8 wrote:
eLantern wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:

Right or wrong. Nothing what I was asking got answered... but thanks for dropping some knowledge.
You had 3 items/sentences in your post.

1. You were told MMR has always been used.

2. Not applicable, due to the response in #1.

3. Why would Microsoft change now? To do so would cost a significant allocation of resources (i.e. money). So yes, they will use it in future franchise games.

All your questions got answered.
SGO SMACK wrote:
Blocking should be remove from wz, period. The fact that some of the best players in the world dodge each other just to find less competitive games is a joke.
You're making the assumption that all 12 person Warzone teams are created equal.
Please stop multiposting - You can quote multiple people in one post.

Thanks! :)
Please stop multiposting - You can quote multiple people in one post.

Thanks! :)
Posting from phone. Page glitches whenever I try scrolling out of the post area. But okay.
D M4N8 wrote:
eLantern wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:

3. Why would Microsoft change now? To do so would cost a significant allocation of resources (i.e. money). So yes, they will use it in future franchise games.

What are you going on about?

Microsoft? Huh? I didn't even mention Microsoft.

If my questions were answered I would have known.

Seeing as how you are not a 343 employee or mod, not only do you not have any real insight, you also have no constructive material to give, so please don't...
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
eLantern wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:

Seeing as how you are not a 343 employee or mod, not only do you not have any real insight, you also have no constructive material to give, so please don't...
Chill out man, there's no need to be hostile. I don't see how your questions weren't answered. You claim that they arent, yet they have been. There are a lot of knowledgeable people around here that can provide answers who are not 343 employees or moderators. I never claimed to be any one of those.

If you didn't like the answers you were given, or didn't understand them, perhaps it would be wise to rephrase your question and approach it from a different direction, rather than attacking the people who are trying to help you.
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
eLantern wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:

Chill out man, there's no need to be hostile. I don't see how your questions weren't answered. You claim that they arent, yet they have been. There are a lot of knowledgeable people around here that can provide answers who are not 343 employees or moderators. I never claimed to be any one of those.

If you didn't like the answers you were given, or didn't understand them, perhaps it would be wise to rephrase your question and approach it from a different direction, rather than attacking the people who are trying to help you.
I am chill. If i were being hostile, trust me, you'd know it. You're the one all over the place on this thread. Trying to take it over. I do appreciate it, though, but to rephrase myself, here i go again. Maybe this time I will hopefully be much more clear:

With MMR now being used instead of CSR, will the system show our MMR instead of our CSR that way we won't feel cheated somehow if for example like you stated we get a Gold v. Diamond match?

When will these changes take effect? I didn't see a time or date?

Also, I know I'm probably like two years ahead of myself, but will an MMR only system or a similar system be used for the next Halo franchise game seeing as how the current CSR system can be misleading in true-skill when matching up players/teams?

Edit: just for the sake of clarity, I'm talking about Ranked only, not Social or Warzone. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, though.
SGO SMACK wrote:
You're making the assumption that all 12 person Warzone teams are created equal.
You shouldn't be blocking a player because they are good. Playing good teams is how you get better. Warzone is not ranked. If you are not a "warlord" than don't match with a team of twelve.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7