6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
eLantern wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
So now that MMR will be used instead of CSR, I personally think things will be a bit more confusing, seeing as how we will have no idea what our MMR is.

With MMR now being used, will the system be switched over somehow or will we at least be able to check what our MMR is that way we won't feel cheated somehow?

Also, I know I'm probably like two years ahead of myself, but will MMR or a similar system be used for the next Halo franchise game?
I believe MMR has always been in use or involved in Halo's Matchmaking since the development of Microsoft's TrueSkill system which dates back to 2005. Josh can correct me if I'm wrong.
Right or wrong. Nothing what I was asking got answered... but thanks for dropping some knowledge.
You had 3 items/sentences in your post.

1. You were told MMR has always been used.

2. Not applicable, due to the response in #1.

3. Why would Microsoft change now? To do so would cost a significant allocation of resources (i.e. money). So yes, they will use it in future franchise games.

All your questions got answered.
Chill out man, there's no need to be hostile. I don't see how your questions weren't answered. You claim that they arent, yet they have been. There are a lot of knowledgeable people around here that can provide answers who are not 343 employees or moderators. I never claimed to be any one of those.

If you didn't like the answers you were given, or didn't understand them, perhaps it would be wise to rephrase your question and approach it from a different direction, rather than attacking the people who are trying to help you.
I am chill. If i were being hostile, trust me, you'd know it. You're the one all over the place on this thread. Trying to take it over. I do appreciate it, though, but to rephrase myself, here i go again. Maybe this time I will hopefully be much more clear:

With MMR now being used instead of CSR, will the system show our MMR instead of our CSR that way we won't feel cheated somehow if for example like you stated we get a Gold v. Diamond match?

When will these changes take effect? I didn't see a time or date?

Also, I know I'm probably like two years ahead of myself, but will an MMR only system or a similar system be used for the next Halo franchise game seeing as how the current CSR system can be misleading in true-skill when matching up players/teams?

Edit: just for the sake of clarity, I'm talking about Ranked only, not Social or Warzone. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, though.
MMR has always been what the system uses to matchmake. As eLantern told you when you first asked this question, MMR is essentially the same thing as TrueSkill that was used in Halo 2 and Halo 3 matchmaking. As such, the system of showing CSR but hiding MMR will probably not change for Halo 5.

As for your second question, radar3301enigma was right: because MMR is already being used to determine matchmaking, there is no date when changes will take effect; MMR is already being used and has been since Halo 5 launched, so there are no changes to apply.

For your last question: Josh knows people are confused about the distinction between hidden MMR and visible CSR but has given no indication that they will will change things to make MMR visible in Halo 5 or future Halo games. At this point, it would be unlikely that MMR would be made the visible rank in Halo 5; for Halo 6, I suppose anything is possible. The most appropriate question you should have for Josh, I think, is why they use CSR as visible rank but use hidden MMR to determine who you match with.

On another note: if you feel someone was being non-constructive, the appropriate thing to do is report the post. Replying to someone and telling them they are not qualified to respond to you because they aren't 343i or a moderator is--in itself--not constructive, and also just plain wrong. Plenty of people have been following Josh's feedback threads since he returned, so they may have the knowledge to answer a question you may have just as correctly as Josh would. If someone replies and doesn't satisfactorily answer your question, just reply back and say something like "no, that's not what I meant. This is the information I want answered..." or something similar. Don't attack the credibility of another user; the last thing we want is to derail this thread.
Chimera30 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
eLantern wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
So now that MMR will be used instead of CSR, I personally think things will be a bit more confusing, seeing as how we will have no idea what our MMR is.

With MMR now being used, will the system be switched over somehow or will we at least be able to check what our MMR is that way we won't feel cheated somehow?

Also, I know I'm probably like two years ahead of myself, but will MMR or a similar system be used for the next Halo franchise game?
I believe MMR has always been in use or involved in Halo's Matchmaking since the development of Microsoft's TrueSkill system which dates back to 2005. Josh can correct me if I'm wrong.
Right or wrong. Nothing what I was asking got answered... but thanks for dropping some knowledge.

3. Why would Microsoft change now? To do so would cost a significant allocation of resources (i.e. money). So yes, they will use it in future franchise games.

With MMR now being used instead of CSR, will the system show our MMR instead of our CSR that way we won't feel cheated somehow if for example like you stated we get a Gold v. Diamond match?

Also, I know I'm probably like two years ahead of myself, but will an MMR only system or a similar system be used for the next Halo franchise game seeing as how the current CSR system can be misleading in true-skill when matching up players/teams?

Edit: just for the sake of clarity, I'm talking about Ranked only, not Social or Warzone. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, though.
MMR has always been what the system uses to matchmake. As eLantern told you when you first asked this question, MMR is essentially the same thing as TrueSkill that was used in Halo 2 and Halo 3 matchmaking. As such, the system of showing CSR but hiding MMR will probably not change for Halo 5.

As for your second question, radar3301enigma was right: because MMR is already being used to determine matchmaking, there is no date when changes will take effect; MMR is already being used and has been since Halo 5 launched, so there are no changes to apply.

For your last question: Josh knows people are confused about the distinction between hidden MMR and visible CSR but has given no indication that they will will change things to make MMR visible in Halo 5 or future Halo games. At this point, it would be unlikely that MMR would be made the visible rank in Halo 5; for Halo 6, I suppose anything is possible. The most appropriate question you should have for Josh, I think, is why they use CSR as visible rank but use hidden MMR to determine who you match with.
@D M4N8 - Just to be clear Halo 5 has never used CSR to match-make. Josh has gone into great detail about what MMR is and why it's a better system for predicting and estimating your skill from match-to-match. To summarize: MMR is what the system expects of you, CSR is what you've actually earned. In other words, CSR is you proving you deserve the MMR the system expects of you. He's mentioned that using CSR within the MMing process has been tried before, but he didn't specifically say when that was tried or if it was even related to Halo. If it was with Halo it must be related to either Halo 2 prior to Microsoft's TrueSkill MMR system launching in 2005 or as part of a combined TrueSkill MMR & Bungie Competitive Skill Rank (CSR) effort after Microsoft's TrueSkill system launched or as part of Bungie's Halo Reach Battle Proficiency Rating (BPR) or as part of 343i's Halo 4 CSR because he (Josh) said Halo 3 and Halo 5 operate on a very similar matchmaking system which doesn't use CSR to match-make. He also mentioned that the developer experiments that made use of the game's CSR efforts within the matchmaking system only helped prove that a strictly MMR-based system was vastly superior in providing quality skill-based matches.

See Links:
Chimera30 wrote:
As such, the system of showing CSR but hiding MMR will probably not change for Halo 5.
To Clarify: Josh has mentioned that he'd like to display team average MMRs (or the CSR equivalent) so that people can better understand how the matchmaking system viewed a particular match as having a competitive probability associated to it, but he did say we probably won't see it in Halo 5. I personally think for team-based modes it's a very good idea to include that information within the post-game stats.
Josh has also mentioned that they're testing a more detailed version of MMR which will probably get implemented into Halo 6; although, some version of it may still find its way into Halo 5 such as to account for any positive or negative MMR influences when pairing up with other players into a fireteam.
I'm just a little worried about how the 12-man WZ test is going to go. Warlords started off real hot and everyone seemed to love it. As time wore on, groups would begin to block each other to avoid having to face that team, and as a result the matching times began going up, people began visiting it less, and the playlist began losing its luster. If the WZ community can't get over this notion that they have to mass-block teams that they might lose to, then that's going to reflect in this test's data. Rather than see the test is failing because of the blocking that's going on, it would imply that it's failing because lack of interest. We'd be back to square one then, and those seeking a return to 12 man groups would have essentially shot themselves in the foot because of blocking other teams that are as good as - or in some cases, perhaps better - than they are.

From what I understand, it might not be possible to have teams of 12 exempt from blocking. Might not, but I'm not qualified to make any judgements on that obviously. Would there be any other way to keep blocking from ruining this though? Can it be disabled for a search if it's taking too long, like the search restrictions try and prioritize a certain criteria and if it fails to do so it begins loosening up?
Chimera30 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
eLantern wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:

Chill out man, there's no need to be hostile. I don't see how your questions weren't answered. You claim that they arent, yet they have been. There are a lot of knowledgeable people around here that can provide answers who are not 343 employees or moderators. I never claimed to be any one of those.

If you didn't like the answers you were given, or didn't understand them, perhaps it would be wise to rephrase your question and approach it from a different direction, rather than attacking the people who are trying to help you.
I am chill. If i were being hostile, trust me, you'd know it. You're the one all over the place on this thread. Trying to take it over. I do appreciate it, though, but to rephrase myself, here i go again. Maybe this time I will hopefully be much more clear:

On another note: if you feel someone was being non-constructive, the appropriate thing to do is report the post. Replying to someone and telling them they are not qualified to respond to you because they aren't 343i or a moderator is--in itself--not constructive, and also just plain wrong. Plenty of people have been following Josh's feedback threads since he returned, so they may have the knowledge to answer a question you may have just as correctly as Josh would. If someone replies and doesn't satisfactorily answer your question, just reply back and say something like "no, that's not what I meant. This is the information I want answered..." or something similar. Don't attack the credibility of another user; the last thing we want is to derail this thread.
So just to make sure, CSR wasn't what was being used for a Ranked playlist?

Because I've seen some boosting accounts on a playlist like Doubles, for example, a Bronze that isn't really a Bronze (more like AT LEAST a Diamond) that is teamed up with an Onyx. This "Bronze" and Onyx get matched up against players like Golds and Platinums when they should be getting matched up against Diamonds and Onyxes, not Golds and Platinums.

If MMR was really being used then why is this matchup even happening?

Also, I feel like I play on at least a Diamond level and am always getting matched up with Platinums and Golds whenever I play HCS, which is really frustrating.
Not sure if you deal with this, but are there any plans to redistribute the XP payouts in Social in the future? I think it's a bit messed up when I get more XP from an 8 minute Infection game without using a boost than I do from a 15-20 minute BTB game while using an XP boost.
D M4N8 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
eLantern wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:

So just to make sure, CSR wasn't what was being used for a Ranked playlist?

Because I've seen some boosting accounts on a playlist like Doubles, for example, a Bronze that isn't really a Bronze (more like AT LEAST a Diamond) that is teamed up with an Onyx. This "Bronze" and Onyx get matched up against players like Golds and Platinums.

If MMR was really being used then why is this matchup even happening?
Yes: CSR is not what the system uses to matchmake players, even in Ranked.

When you see a Bronze player and a Onyx player teamed up in something like Doubles, a few things could be possible:
  1. They are a party of two. That throws out the system matching them together on the same team; when a party enters into matchmaking with MMR all over the place, the game is only concerned with finding them an enemy team of similar average MMR.
  2. The population of the playlist is low. This can result in the system expanding the skill gap it allows for matching people. There is a limit (I think Josh said it's something like 2 skill tiers, so if you search for a game long enough, you could end up seeing matches of something like Gold and Diamond). But population of the playlist definitely affects matchmaking quality.
  3. Most of the time, when we talk about matchmaking, the concern is who you were matched against, not with. Right now I can't recall what Josh has said about the system when it comes to looking for people to put on your team, and how that works.
  4. This is the least likely scenario, but it could be that the "Bronze" player's MMR is vastly above his CSR. If the "Bronze" player purposefully played bad to lose a bunch of games to lower their rank, their MMR could still be high but their CSR would be low, and since CSR is all you see, you'd have no idea they were deranking themselves purposefully until you fought them.
If you have a specific game you'd like Josh to look into, you should post a link to that game's results. He may be able to explain what you believe to be discrepancies.

Also, when it comes to who you are matched with: if you feel like your MMR is at a Diamond level, then it's important to note that the majority of players are around a Gold level. This means there are more average players to match with than higher-skilled players at any given moment, and since the system tries to find you matches as fast as possible, sometimes that's all it can find for you.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Not sure if you deal with this, but are there any plans to redistribute the XP payouts in Social in the future? I think it's a bit messed up when I get more XP from an 8 minute Infection game without using a boost than I do from a 15-20 minute BTB game while using an XP boost.
I almost never play Infection so I don't know what the regular amount of XP that's handed out for that playlist, but Infection was the FEATURED social playlist this weekend and thus received the XP boost that was provided to featured playlists over the weekend so if you're making a comparison based on what you saw this weekend that's probably a major factor to consider.
eLantern wrote:
I almost never play Infection so I don't know what the regular amount of XP that's handed out for that playlist, but Infection was the FEATURED social playlist this weekend and thus received the XP boost that was provided to featured playlists over the weekend so if you're making a comparison based on what you saw this weekend that's probably a major factor to consider.
It's not related to that. Infection was given a boost with XP payouts a long time ago to I think give incentives to play it and it was never removed or changed to a different playlist. It would be nice if it was implemented in something else like BTB considering it can have some of the longest game times, but the XP amounts aren't that great.
Hey Josh (ZaedynFel) I want to post something that is very concerning to me and a lot of other players. While it isn't directly related to what your doing it is tied to such. While I do like what you have done with the ranking aspect of the game there is still something that is very troublesome with the game. And that is the performance of the game. I still believe there is something causing the game to play slow and sluggish. And it effects all aspects of the game while playing it. This is not anything that is imagined or made up but something that is a root cause of may players grief. Let me give you a few examples of what is going on..
1) Sometimes the game will start out smooth and free but about 2 mins into the game it becomes bogged down and very sluggish and not very responsive.
2) Sometimes the game will start out very sluggish and smooth out towards the end. Just the opposite of what I mentioned above.
3) Things this effects when this occurs is as follows. Very sluggish movement, poor or erratic aiming, hit detection, rate of fire of certain weapons become unusable. Example would be the carbine. Basically when this sets in it effects everything about the game.
4) I also noted quite frequently is when a player gets dropped the game frees up and starts to play better. Which makes me wonder if the servers are struggling to keep full teams.
5) This seems to only effect one team while playing the game. And it doesn't effect all players on a given team but usually effects at least three of the players and sometimes the whole team.. So example would be at least 3 of the 4 are effected while sometimes the forth player maybe also. This leads to a very harsh match. I have played this with countless other players and we have experienced the same issues. This doesn't show itself as lag or anything of the sort. In fact most players will think there is nothing wrong when in fact there is.
6) Another thing I want to point out which I think is very important to finding the root cause of this is when you guys go in to make an adjustment or update to the game at which time you either refresh the servers or clear them of any cache or whatever, the game will play normal for a few days without any of the problems stated above. But this only lasts for a few days and the game slowly digresses back to a more sluggish play and all the things mentioned above start to set back in.

Josh I know this isn't directly your area but I do hope you could at least pass this onto the correct people to at least take a look at. I think it deserves at least a peek. Why I am bringing it to your attention is no matter how hard you make adjustments to the ranking it does you no good when there is a performance issue as to what I stated above. I have only given brief examples and touched on a few things so if anything else is needed please feel free to ask. Thanks for your time!
Zippy..
Quote:
The system has millions of data points showing the relationship between Slayer and SWAT players.
Is that relationship something you can share? And is this relationship you are talking about, something along the lines of "you're a Platinum 1 in Slayer, so statistically speaking, you should be about a Gold 4 in SWAT"?

I'd be interested to know how I compare to the generalizations....
Josh, did you see this, or did it get lost in some of the other posts? (It happens, I know.)
ZaedynFel wrote:
Tighter Matchmaking As part of last Thursday’s blog post we mentioned that based on community feedback and our own data, we decided to tighten matchmaking in the Ranked playlists. Instead of allowing matches within 2- and sometimes 4-tiers, we now only allow matches within 1-tier of your MMR across all Ranked lists.
Keep in mind this is MMR and not CSR, so there will be the occasional exception where you see a gap that looks like it’s more than 1-tier (e.g. Gold v. Diamond), but this can only happen in cases where the Gold is already expected to play as Plat, or the Diamond is expected to drop soon to Plat. Or both.
For those used to Halo 3 numbers, this is equivalent to 7-12 levels, depending on the playlist (e.g., HCS is 9.5 levels). H5 tiers are resized according to the actual population and skill dynamics, whereas H3’s were never “corrected” after ship, this accounts for the differences, and why the level to CSR map changes over time. For example a “50” in HCS was 1800 Onyx the first season, but is now around 1600 Onyx because more people have passed that point. We shifted Onyx up higher to preserve the actual percentage of people who can get that far into Onyx, whereas in Halo 3 we never re-scaled to prevent more and more people from getting 50s.
The “1-tier” rule also applies to Onyx, but considers all of Onyx and Champion as 1 wide tier. It’s wide in skill gap terms, but very narrow in population terms. Keep in mind that Champs are just the top 200 Onyx players, so they are technically still Onyx.
To do this, the matchmaker now considers any player at 1800 MMR (not CSR) or higher to be the same skill. This means, the top Champ can instantly match with an 1800 MMR player because they “look the same” to the matchmaker. This allows us to make sure the top players can still actually play, while simultaneously keeping the mid-tier of players in tight matches. Note that 1800+ players will almost never if at all see Diamond unless parties are involved.
This is similar to Halo 3 where the matchmaker ignored skill differences above 50. In Halo 3, this meant that a true party of 75s could immediately match with a party of 50s and destroy them. In Halo 5, this means a party of Champs can match a party of mid-Onyx and do likewise.
This isn’t ideal, so we plan to add a feature down the road that allows us to preserve the 1-tier rule for anyone lower than 1500, and allow anyone 1800+ to first try for closer matches before giving up and hitting 1800 players, and then eventually reaching down to 1500 players like today.
I don’t have an ETA on this, but it’s “on the list” per se. I’m not going to rush it because it affects a very small group of players who are a little more “thick-skinned” than the rest. Usually.
One more note with this change. We will probably still have to tweak a playlist or two in the coming weeks to make sure everyone can match.
Why am I Platinum or even Diamond in most lists, but Gold in HCS?When the HCS list originally formed, we grabbed all the HCS players who had played a lot in Team Arena previous to the split and looked at what their MMRs had been in the Team Arena list. We found that the foundational population in HCS was around 1- to 1.5-tiers higher than the mean in Team Arena. This means that the mean of the player base that moved over and established the Ranks in HCS was around Diamond level.
Since we don’t use other playlist MMRs to inform new playlists (see below), this meant that the average player moving over from Team Arena (where they were Diamond) would now find their Rank right in the middle of the system, which is the border between Gold and Platinum.
In fact, even former Pros were starting in Platinum coming off their Placement matches, which would be the same as starting in Onyx in Team Arena.
So, yeah, HCS’s ranking system is shifted quite a bit from Team Arena’s and will probably stay that way since the foundation has already been established.
Hey Josh, glad to see the tier separation as I feel like the matchmaking as been improved to some degree. I will say I had some games that felt really off and others that felt really good. But I guess that's 50/50 matchmaking idk. I had a few questions though. First, is what did the double XP weekends show as far as matchmaking quality data is concerned? Did it help playlists in any way, give it a spike in quality? As it been sort of the reason as to why they've been happening on most weekends? More people on, better intensive to play those playlists. And my second question is what is happening with rank rewards for this season? Last season was the last for emblems, and was wondering if we would see anything for this season. Or will it just reset the ranks and we'll have to do our placements like normal. Thanks again for the update, really appreciate it.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/4986aed9-4928-49d7-af4c-36afb1760b35/players/a%20numb%20thumb?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
So about that 1 tier thing. It doesn't seem to be working very well.

I actually lost CSR from that match even though I statistically played better than everyone and came in 2nd by 1 kill.
Josh, can you explain why we had to face this team four times last night?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/4eee3136-281d-4fe0-9a76-406e8dbfff64/players/mstrmeeseeks000?gameHistoryMatchIndex=6&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
Any further news on the ranked season rewards? I would assume that the season is ending in a few weeks seeing as September is right around the corner and halo 5 has 2 month seasons typically. I know that the last time you brought them up you said that it is being handled by a team working hard on the next halo and that it had to be prioritized differently. But considering the season is probably coming to an end soon, should we see any news on it sooner or later.
I asked this same thing earlier this month and this was his response.
ZaedynFel wrote:
We looked into the Rank Rewards we could offer and getting them properly awarded required work from a team that is currently devoted to the next Halo, so it had to be prioritized differently. If that changes, I'll let you know.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/4eee3136-281d-4fe0-9a76-406e8dbfff64/players/mstrmeeseeks000?gameHistoryMatchIndex=6&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
I know I am not the man himself, but since you're a team and they're a team, and with party restrictions working than you will be matched against the party more often than not.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Any further news on the ranked season rewards? I would assume that the season is ending in a few weeks seeing as September is right around the corner and halo 5 has 2 month seasons typically. I know that the last time you brought them up you said that it is being handled by a team working hard on the next halo and that it had to be prioritized differently. But considering the season is probably coming to an end soon, should we see any news on it sooner or later.
I asked this same thing earlier this month and this was his response.
ZaedynFel wrote:
We looked into the Rank Rewards we could offer and getting them properly awarded required work from a team that is currently devoted to the next Halo, so it had to be prioritized differently. If that changes, I'll let you know.

I know I am not the man himself, but since you're a team and they're a team, and with party restrictions working than you will be matched against the party more often than not.
I figured that, but there was a significant difference in ranks, so it seems like there would also be a significant difference in MMR.

It's frustrating to me that now to get even matches you can't play with friends.
I figured that, but there was a significant difference in ranks, so it seems like there would also be a significant difference in MMR.
It's frustrating to me that now to get even matches you can't play with friends.
But it uses the average I believe. And MMR can look quite different than our CSR. It is confusing absolutely. Either way the system is predicting based off of your teams MMR and the opposing teams MMR that there is a balanced match.

I can't give you a definitive answer. Hopefully Josh will look at your game and give you one. Be patient. Those guys are probably still like a bug in a rug. It' only 6 am for them right now.

Edit: I thought about posting some quotes and stuff to better explain, but I decided this post by eLantern is excellent with numerous links to help.
I would absolutely approve 12 man fire teams in WarZone as it was very fun back in the day. I think it should stay as a permit 12 man limit because i think it would draw people who left the game back to the game to play in parties of 12 again
If 12 man doesn't work out server can always start with less like it used to. My concern is the laginess of some players and their ability to take more shots than others. I am consistently playing people where I'm getting six or seven headshots they all have hit markers and even throwing nades out during that process and they're not dying I don't understand. It seems to me that this game is giving the benefit to people with poor internet connection. Also the shot and melee system seems broken for instance I shot the sky three times it may lead him he only turned around shot me once and made me and I died I could understand if you made me first and then shot me seems backwards but it works that way
Thank you for your cares and concerns
Kenny
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/4986aed9-4928-49d7-af4c-36afb1760b35/players/a%20numb%20thumb?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
So about that 1 tier thing. It doesn't seem to be working very well.

I actually lost CSR from that match even though I statistically played better than everyone and came in 2nd by 1 kill.
I actually beat these gold sixes yesterday and played them the very next game and they were Platinum ones
I understand having to play the higher tiers in the ranked matchmaking because often times there is no tears that are your level that are playing that it can find for you such as when I'm a platinum or gold and I'm playing onix's and champions or mostly diamonds, fighting sweating for my life. I do have another issue however and that is playing these laggy people seem to have poor internet connection now I'm getting six or seven head shots on them all with HitMarkers mind you and they're still not dying this game seems to give favor and the benefit to people with poor internet
connection
Thank you for your cares and concerns 343
Kenny
Hey Josh (ZaedynFel) I want to post something that is very concerning to me and a lot of other players. While it isn't directly related to what your doing it is tied to such. While I do like what you have done with the ranking aspect of the game there is still something that is very troublesome with the game. And that is the performance of the game. I still believe there is something causing the game to play slow and sluggish. And it effects all aspects of the game while playing it. This is not anything that is imagined or made up but something that is a root cause of may players grief. Let me give you a few examples of what is going on..
1) Sometimes the game will start out smooth and free but about 2 mins into the game it becomes bogged down and very sluggish and not very responsive.
2) Sometimes the game will start out very sluggish and smooth out towards the end. Just the opposite of what I mentioned above.
3) Things this effects when this occurs is as follows. Very sluggish movement, poor or erratic aiming, hit detection, rate of fire of certain weapons become unusable. Example would be the carbine. Basically when this sets in it effects everything about the game.
4) I also noted quite frequently is when a player gets dropped the game frees up and starts to play better. Which makes me wonder if the servers are struggling to keep full teams.
5) This seems to only effect one team while playing the game. And it doesn't effect all players on a given team but usually effects at least three of the players and sometimes the whole team.. So example would be at least 3 of the 4 are effected while sometimes the forth player maybe also. This leads to a very harsh match. I have played this with countless other players and we have experienced the same issues. This doesn't show itself as lag or anything of the sort. In fact most players will think there is nothing wrong when in fact there is.
6) Another thing I want to point out which I think is very important to finding the root cause of this is when you guys go in to make an adjustment or update to the game at which time you either refresh the servers or clear them of any cache or whatever, the game will play normal for a few days without any of the problems stated above. But this only lasts for a few days and the game slowly digresses back to a more sluggish play and all the things mentioned above start to set back in.

Josh I know this isn't directly your area but I do hope you could at least pass this onto the correct people to at least take a look at. I think it deserves at least a peek. Why I am bringing it to your attention is no matter how hard you make adjustments to the ranking it does you no good when there is a performance issue as to what I stated above. I have only given brief examples and touched on a few things so if anything else is needed please feel free to ask. Thanks for your time!
Zippy..
Can you give me a link to a match where this happened so we can check the server?

Even better if you know what times into the match it was, but that's OK.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7