2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. ...
  8. 7
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
Josh I know this isn't exactly your area, but i really hope when they adjust the WZ req level up system, they post a much clearer breakdown of exactly how much level progression you get for various game actions/events. Considering leveling up is so critical in WZ, it's crazy that there's no official breakdown of how to level up!! Like how much do I get for capping a base vs killing a boss vs getting a kill vs killing a vehicle.

Titanfall 1 would show you how many seconds you shaved off your titan clock for every game action you took. How does halo 5 have nothing similar... ? Since a UI change like this is unlikely in H5, a detailed breakdown posted by 343 is critical.
While I suppose some more details would be nice, I don't believe a complete breakdown really is all that necessary. I mean, you gain req power for every kill/assist you log (and your team in WZA) and for every boss your team kills, so I'm not sure how much good the extra info (i.e. exact numbers) would actually do a player. I don't see play styles changing because we'd know exactly how much req power killing X enemy or blowing up Y vehicle gets us. If killing Spartans contributed very little to req power increase, then I could see where the extra info would come in handy, though.
Is there any ETA on when the 12-man Warzone test is happening?
Hey Josh,
Please check my message below.
thank you.
Soooooo did you fix the spawns on Temple.....
ZaedynFel wrote:
Hey Josh (ZaedynFel) I want to post something that is very concerning to me and a lot of other players. While it isn't directly related to what your doing it is tied to such. While I do like what you have done with the ranking aspect of the game there is still something that is very troublesome with the game. And that is the performance of the game. I still believe there is something causing the game to play slow and sluggish. And it effects all aspects of the game while playing it. This is not anything that is imagined or made up but something that is a root cause of may players grief. Let me give you a few examples of what is going on..
1) Sometimes the game will start out smooth and free but about 2 mins into the game it becomes bogged down and very sluggish and not very responsive.
2) Sometimes the game will start out very sluggish and smooth out towards the end. Just the opposite of what I mentioned above.
3) Things this effects when this occurs is as follows. Very sluggish movement, poor or erratic aiming, hit detection, rate of fire of certain weapons become unusable. Example would be the carbine. Basically when this sets in it effects everything about the game.
4) I also noted quite frequently is when a player gets dropped the game frees up and starts to play better. Which makes me wonder if the servers are struggling to keep full teams.
5) This seems to only effect one team while playing the game. And it doesn't effect all players on a given team but usually effects at least three of the players and sometimes the whole team.. So example would be at least 3 of the 4 are effected while sometimes the forth player maybe also. This leads to a very harsh match. I have played this with countless other players and we have experienced the same issues. This doesn't show itself as lag or anything of the sort. In fact most players will think there is nothing wrong when in fact there is.
6) Another thing I want to point out which I think is very important to finding the root cause of this is when you guys go in to make an adjustment or update to the game at which time you either refresh the servers or clear them of any cache or whatever, the game will play normal for a few days without any of the problems stated above. But this only lasts for a few days and the game slowly digresses back to a more sluggish play and all the things mentioned above start to set back in.
Josh I know this isn't directly your area but I do hope you could at least pass this onto the correct people to at least take a look at. I think it deserves at least a peek. Why I am bringing it to your attention is no matter how hard you make adjustments to the ranking it does you no good when there is a performance issue as to what I stated above. I have only given brief examples and touched on a few things so if anything else is needed please feel free to ask. Thanks for your time!
Zippy..
Can you give me a link to a match where this happened so we can check the server?
Even better if you know what times into the match it was, but that's OK.
Hey Josh,
Hope you check this out. I had heavy aiming at the start, delayed hit reg, and the other team kept on complaining about hit reg issues as well.
Here's the match link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/91f32c14-6ed8-4619-a58c-57804911dd84/players/cloudxaerith?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
You already posted this once. Don't spam the thread please.
You already posted this once. Don't spam the thread please.
sorry.
i couldn't delete it.
let me just edit it then.
thanks.
Hey Josh,
Hope you check this out. I had heavy aiming at the start, delayed hit reg, and the other team kept on complaining about hit reg issues as well.
Here's the match link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/91f32c14-6ed8-4619-a58c-57804911dd84/players/cloudxaerith?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
Thanks, we'll check it out.

It looks like you were playing on a server pretty distant from you though, your ping is usually 250+ to that data center. That would account for your personal experience.

There were some locals on the server too, so maybe if they were having problems too this indicates something.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Hey Josh (ZaedynFel) I want to post something that is very concerning to me and a lot of other players. While it isn't directly related to what your doing it is tied to such. While I do like what you have done with the ranking aspect of the game there is still something that is very troublesome with the game. And that is the performance of the game. I still believe there is something causing the game to play slow and sluggish. And it effects all aspects of the game while playing it. This is not anything that is imagined or made up but something that is a root cause of may players grief. Let me give you a few examples of what is going on..
1) Sometimes the game will start out smooth and free but about 2 mins into the game it becomes bogged down and very sluggish and not very responsive.
2) Sometimes the game will start out very sluggish and smooth out towards the end. Just the opposite of what I mentioned above.
3) Things this effects when this occurs is as follows. Very sluggish movement, poor or erratic aiming, hit detection, rate of fire of certain weapons become unusable. Example would be the carbine. Basically when this sets in it effects everything about the game.
4) I also noted quite frequently is when a player gets dropped the game frees up and starts to play better. Which makes me wonder if the servers are struggling to keep full teams.
5) This seems to only effect one team while playing the game. And it doesn't effect all players on a given team but usually effects at least three of the players and sometimes the whole team.. So example would be at least 3 of the 4 are effected while sometimes the forth player maybe also. This leads to a very harsh match. I have played this with countless other players and we have experienced the same issues. This doesn't show itself as lag or anything of the sort. In fact most players will think there is nothing wrong when in fact there is.
6) Another thing I want to point out which I think is very important to finding the root cause of this is when you guys go in to make an adjustment or update to the game at which time you either refresh the servers or clear them of any cache or whatever, the game will play normal for a few days without any of the problems stated above. But this only lasts for a few days and the game slowly digresses back to a more sluggish play and all the things mentioned above start to set back in.

Josh I know this isn't directly your area but I do hope you could at least pass this onto the correct people to at least take a look at. I think it deserves at least a peek. Why I am bringing it to your attention is no matter how hard you make adjustments to the ranking it does you no good when there is a performance issue as to what I stated above. I have only given brief examples and touched on a few things so if anything else is needed please feel free to ask. Thanks for your time!
Zippy..
Can you give me a link to a match where this happened so we can check the server?

Thanks for your reply Josh. I'm away for work right at the moment but I will post what I can when I get back home. And I will be detailed about it as I can be. Ive never uploaded a video before but I'm sure it can be that difficult. I have always pinged Azure servers in the US to get some kind of ping numbers. Is that an accurate way to get an idea to proper ping numbers? My best ping I believe is in from North Central IL and I want to say its usually around 30-40ms. But I will link a video ASAP.. Thanks again Josh!
ZaedynFel wrote:

Zippy..

Thanks for your reply Josh. I'm away for work right at the moment but I will post what I can when I get back home. And I will be detailed about it as I can be. Ive never uploaded a video before but I'm sure it can be that difficult. I have always pinged Azure servers in the US to get some kind of ping numbers. Is that an accurate way to get an idea to proper ping numbers? My best ping I believe is in from North Central IL and I want to say its usually around 30-40ms. But I will link a video ASAP.. Thanks again Josh!
he doesn't want a video link - you need to send him a link to the game summary on Waypoint so he can look up the game.
I think this is a great start to something very meanful to a lot of players, by letting teams back into warzone So thank you very much for helping us out.

I see a lot of comments being made concerning warzone 12 man, I hope it's not to overwhelming for the team.

Obviously there is room for improvement, a seemingly endless task of trial and error that goes into developing a balanced gametype.

I for one am happy to see teams be welcomed back into warzone and I will not be disappointed if everything stated here cannot be implemented right away.
So long as this can be an evolving process via positive feedback, coupled with an honest measure of willingness to provide those improvements by 343. I really think this will work out well for everyone involved.

All of that said, provided teams could match other teams of 2 lobbys of 6, it should produce quality matches.
Provided blocking being disabled should lend to a predictable amount of matches, at least until more teams form up.
I really think the team could benefit from balancing the req disadvantage for a cored team and amplify the req energy levels for the cored team,to combat the situation. As well as a timed core or even some other elements of anti farming techniques.
Possibly even allowing players to spend req energy to spawn at another armory controlled by the enemy...

Any of those elements would increase moral and lend to a healthy sentiment from the community concerning the imbalance or experience of playing itself.

But I for one am happy with making progressively small improvements at a time and I'm in no rush to see a polished product right away, especially because your extending yourself and your services to make this right.

Thank you Josh, keep it real!

#makewarzonegreatagain
#doingtherightthing
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:

Zippy..

he doesn't want a video link - you need to send him a link to the game summary on Waypoint so he can look up the game.
I would definitely need a waypoint link, and we can pull the video using the link.

But if you have a video, I can also look and see if it looks like latency vs. servers.

Though at your location, it shouldn't usually be latency.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Hey Josh,
Thanks, we'll check it out.

It looks like you were playing on a server pretty distant from you though, your ping is usually 250+ to that data center. That would account for your personal experience.

There were some locals on the server too, so maybe if they were having problems too this indicates something.
Thanks for being so proactive.

I play with Cloudx alot and this makes sense. I figured that with the CSR, MMR, general halo 5 population, we'd be forced onto a distant server.

I did notice this around December last year. There would be a delay in my input or guns not firing at all. At first I thought it was my controller, so I had my elite swapped for a new one and bought a Benq RL2455 just for good measure. Still kept on happening. Also went from a 2-5 sens to a 5-3.

Which brings me to my question; is there something we can do about it on our end, as end user, Josh?

Thanks again Josh. We really appreciate your replies.
The new warzone update is bad
Low levels are going to suffer a lot with this new update
lRefleex wrote:
The new warzone update is bad
lRefleex wrote:
Low levels are going to suffer a lot with this new update
How so? Please elaborate.
Because the low levels are stuck low reqs and forced to pistol/br higher level players that can constantly out slay them. The one chance lower levels had was a power weapon kill on a higher level player holding a pistol/br. Now they are screwed.

the longer everyone is stuck at pistol/br, the more advantage better players have.
Smackzzy wrote:
Because the low levels are stuck low reqs and forced to pistol/br higher level players that can constantly out slay them. The one chance lower levels had was a power weapon kill on a higher level player holding a pistol/br. Now they are screwed.

the longer everyone is stuck at pistol/br, the more advantage better players have.
On the contrary, I think this update penalizes better players. It gives tons of REQ level progression for early boss killing credit, and almost none for slays. So while the good players are dueling each other slaying for map position and base control, bad players will be bum-rushing the early bosses with their ARs and getting higher REQ levels early on than the slayers.
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
Smackzzy wrote:

On the contrary, I think this update penalizes better players. It gives tons of REQ level progression for early boss
It doesn't matter if you get the bosses and level up, we've already triple capped and we're about to core. The boss kills only help people who get credit. It doesn't level up the whole team like it used to.

this update means we can push the enemy base off the start with zero repercussions. Some maps don't even have a boss until the two minute mark. Other maps, weak players will never even make it to the middle base boss. The game is effectively over before it even starts.

This update is likely better for a game with 24 randoms but, not when a skilled team of six is in the game.
Smackzzy wrote:
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
Smackzzy wrote:

On the contrary, I think this update penalizes better players. It gives tons of REQ level progression for early boss killing credit, and almost none for slays. So while the good players are dueling each other slaying for map position and base control, bad players will be bum-rushing the early bosses with their ARs and getting higher REQ levels early on than the slayers.
It doesn't matter if you get the bosses and level up, we've already triple capped and we're about to core. The boss kills only help people who get credit. It doesn't level up the whole team like it used to.

this update means we can push the enemy base off the start with zero repercussions.
You may be right about the early push, but I'm not sure yet... haven't played enough games with the new system. But one potential problem with an making an early base push now is that you give up early AI assists and the initial base cap, which are the main ways to level up now (since slays don't help much). So if you skip your early AI and then fail on the early base push, while the other team all gets credit for their early AI and defends their base, you're at a big REQ level disadvantage, and will still have 2s when they have 3s.

But I think the much bigger problem is how slays are virtually useless for leveling up now, and you also don't get any level up credit when teammates take down a boss.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. ...
  8. 7