3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 26
- oops -
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Can I and the rest of us please get a list of the KPM for each ranking tier so I know what number must be achieved? Also can i get my CSR and MMR scores as well? Thank you.😊
Can I and the rest of us please get a list of the KPM for each ranking tier so I know what number must be achieved? Also can i get my CSR and MMR scores as well? Thank you.😊
It won't help you get a higher rank because you don't who you are going to be matched against. KPM is only useful for 1 match only. KPMs don't translate between matches.

Your CSR is visible, so not sure what you mean here.
It won't help you get a higher rank because you don't who you are going to be matched against. KPM is only useful for 1 match only. KPMs don't translate between matches.

Oops I meant my KPM not CSR. So it(KPM) doesn't take an average of all the matches combined? Only one match at a time? I thought it was an average not a game by game thing.

Oops I meant my KPM not CSR. So it(KPM) doesn't take an average of all the matches combined? Only one match at a time? I thought it was an average not a game by game thing.
Your KPM and where it stands in terms of being "x" rank is only calculated for game by game. So while Josh gives averages of KPM for ranks that number isn't actually used anywhere. Instead to go up in rank you simply have to outperform the expectation set for you. And that is based on your teammates and the enemy. So even knowing that slayer champs average 2.7 KPM against plats is useless since you won't always be facing plats with an average of champs on your team. Instead you are going to be facing enemies and teammates within a range of your skill which will change the KPM you "need" to get the desired rank.

Additionally as Josh has said winning or losing the game is used just as much as KPM and DPM so your first priority should be winning games instead of setting yourself an arbritary KPM to hit.
QX wrote:

Your KPM and where it stands in terms of being "x" rank is only calculated for game by game. So while Josh gives averages of KPM for ranks that number isn't actually used anywhere. Instead to go up in rank you simply have to outperform the expectation set for you. And that is based on your teammates and the enemy. So even knowing that slayer champs average 2.7 KPM against plats is useless since you won't always be facing plats with an average of champs on your team. Instead you are going to be facing enemies and teammates within a range of your skill which will change the KPM you "need" to get the desired rank.

Additionally as Josh has said winning or losing the game is used just as much as KPM and DPM so your first priority should be winning games instead of setting yourself an arbritary KPM to hit.
There’s just absolutely no way winning or losing the game is used as much as KPM/DPM. Too many examples have been posted here that show it’s not the case.
QX wrote:

Boy that's confusing. It's hard to see how winning really helps. Especially if you lose to a team that outranks you and your CSR takes that huge hit. Or winning many in a row only going up 1 CSR point. You needn't remind me to get that win.I always go for a win first. Especially since not knowing how bad a hit ur CSR will take if one does. Now(the rank progression system)it makes a little more sense. In regards to the stat that says someone who goes 17-19 is still more than likely to win the game, I've yet to notice this cause close games usually come down to that one person who went 6-15, 5-12. The biggest opponent right now is shots not registering or lag. But whatever I'll still play this game.
bearhound wrote:
QX wrote:

There’s just absolutely no way winning or losing the game is used as much as KPM/DPM. Too many examples have been posted here that show it’s not the case.
Just because you don't accept it doesn't make it less of a fact.

The people providing whatever examples here are very few and far between when you consider the system as a whole.
bearhound wrote:
QX wrote:

It may not be used as much but it still determines some change. Josh stated that in the previous page. I choose to believe him rather than not. Also there haven't been examples showing that's not the case because no one but 343 actually has concrete data.
QX wrote:

Boy that's confusing. It's hard to see how winning really helps. Especially if you lose to a team that outranks you and your CSR takes that huge hit. Or winning many in a row only going up 1 CSR point. You needn't remind me to get that win.I always go for a win first. Especially since not knowing how bad a hit ur CSR will take if one does. Now(the rank progression system)it makes a little more sense. In regards to the stat that says someone who goes 17-19 is still more than likely to win the game, I've yet to notice this cause close games usually come down to that one person who went 6-15, 5-12. The biggest opponent right now is shots not registering or lag. But whatever I'll still play this game.
Josh has stated that the majority of MMR gains comes from when players win. So while you can gain MMR from losing due to really high KPM and low DPM it's much harder (I'm guessing). Two things: CSR doesn't tell the whole story and is tricky to go off of especially with how new the season is. MMR is what is used to do all expectation calculations. Also your CSR taking a "huge" hit is just a symptom of there only being an option for 1 or 15. So even if your MMR is only 1 point below your CSR and you lose then you will lose 15 CSR even though your MMR is now even. Radar asked for a graph of MMR changes in a previous thread and it showed that the vast majority of changes were within -5 to +5. So most people's MMR changes less than their CSR.

People with higher KPM win more often. That's a fact and a reason that pros have some of the highest KPM in the game. You are biasing yourself by only thinking of those close games. Yes the player who went 17-19 might have lose that 50-49 nail biter, but they also won the game your their team by constantly putting pressure on the enemy team in the previous games and causing the scores to look more like 50-40 or 50-35. Also those games that are close even with a player going double negative means that they matchmaker is doing its job and the blame is on the population. Its not 343 or the game's fault that there were less people searching for the boundaries for searching had to be expanded until it could find 8 suitable players.

The biggest opponent to your rank is your own individual play. Blaming connection, teammates, blank shots is just an easy crutch that takes the blame off yourself. Unless you are on the pro level where a lot of your gameplay only has small mistakes then the vast majority of the reasons you lose is because of yourself and your gameplay.
bearhound wrote:
QX wrote:

The people providing whatever examples here are very few and far between when you consider the system as a whole.
LOL having a champion with a 30 win ratio it is a fact
bearhound wrote:
QX wrote:

How many games played?
Josh, random brainwave - is there maybe a problem with how it predicts wins in the way it calculates against the average of a team.
Doesn't it compare your personal mmr to an average mmr? Wouldn't it be more accurate if it compared your teams average mmr with their teams average mmr?
QX wrote:
bearhound wrote:
QX wrote:

It may not be used as much but it still determines some change. Josh stated that in the previous page. I choose to believe him rather than not. Also there haven't been examples showing that's not the case because no one but 343 actually has concrete data.
QX wrote:

Josh has stated that the majority of MMR gains comes from when players win. So while you can gain MMR from losing due to really high KPM and low DPM it's much harder (I'm guessing). Two things: CSR doesn't tell the whole story and is tricky to go off of especially with how new the season is. MMR is what is used to do all expectation calculations. Also your CSR taking a "huge" hit is just a symptom of there only being an option for 1 or 15. So even if your MMR is only 1 point below your CSR and you lose then you will lose 15 CSR even though your MMR is now even. Radar asked for a graph of MMR changes in a previous thread and it showed that the vast majority of changes were within -5 to +5. So most people's MMR changes less than their CSR.

People with higher KPM win more often. That's a fact and a reason that pros have some of the highest KPM in the game. You are biasing yourself by only thinking of those close games. Yes the player who went 17-19 might have lose that 50-49 nail biter, but they also won the game your their team by constantly putting pressure on the enemy team in the previous games and causing the scores to look more like 50-40 or 50-35. Also those games that are close even with a player going double negative means that they matchmaker is doing its job and the blame is on the population. Its not 343 or the game's fault that there were less people searching for the boundaries for searching had to be expanded until it could find 8 suitable players.

The biggest opponent to your rank is your own individual play. Blaming connection, teammates, blank shots is just an easy crutch that takes the blame off yourself. Unless you are on the pro level where a lot of your gameplay only has small mistakes then the vast majority of the reasons you lose is because of yourself and your gameplay.
I'm not blaming 343. I'm stating what's happened on my end. And others I've played with. When I see people teleporting, running into walls as I'm shooting a full clip into them just to have them disappear to melee me in the back, to see people doing good on either team suddenly be be out of the match, I'd say that does determine the outcome of the match. Don't come at me putting words in my mouth or accuse me of "blaming 343" or using what has happened on my end as "excuses" to why me and others are find this new ranking system confusing and frustrating. Take my advice and stop being so pissy anytime someone posts on the forum. Whatever voice in your head reads these comments in a condescending tone, turn it into a normal voice of inquiring info to better understand what we must do and how we are to do it. Cause to what has been posted by the players on this thread, the changes made to the ranking system feels like someone tried to reinvent the wheel and it's not that smooth of a ride.
Are Japan servers on the balanced settings rotation? I only get them while searching Focused but after a while I can't find a match and have to switch to Balanced where it loves to connect me to the east coast servers at 230 ms.
bearhound wrote:
QX wrote:

How many games played?
Swat Champion 12, a smurf, played game 207, win 68 (win ratio 33%). KPM is the only thing that matter, look this thread you will find a guy who jumped from low platinum to onyx losing two game against diamond but having a high KPM and DPM
QX wrote:
bearhound wrote:
QX wrote:

QX wrote:

I'm not blaming 343. I'm stating what's happened on my end. And others I've played with. When I see people teleporting, running into walls as I'm shooting a full clip into them just to have them disappear to melee me in the back, to see people doing good on either team suddenly be be out of the match, I'd say that does determine the outcome of the match. Don't come at me putting words in my mouth or accuse me of "blaming 343" or using what has happened on my end as "excuses" to why me and others are find this new ranking system confusing and frustrating. Take my advice and stop being so pissy anytime someone posts on the forum. Whatever voice in your head reads these comments in a condescending tone, turn it into a normal voice of inquiring info to better understand what we must do and how we are to do it. Cause to what has been posted by the players on this thread, the changes made to the ranking system feels like someone tried to reinvent the wheel and it's not that smooth of a ride.
Ditto to you. You can't assume my tone based on my text since it has none. I'm pretty sure we are both reasonable people and not using whining or condescending tones. I read all your posts in a neutral tone since you respond with actual posts.

Lag, servers, and connection issues ruining games happens. However, you saying the the majority of games having significant connection issues and ruining your rank is blaming 343. If you are running into significant connection issues every game then it's probably your connection. Plus think about if you are biasing yourself by mainly only remembering the connection issue riddled games since they cause a larger emotional reaction.

Every time you've asked a question regarding the ranking system users such as myself have explained what is happening or redirected you to Josh if we couldn't know. There is NO way 343 can take lag into account for a ranking system since that would be way to easy to exploit. The ranking system does take players leaving (lagging out) into consideration however.
Can I have some insight into why we got matched with four champs?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/6c6c6833-c3fe-43b3-b42e-152122f3233a/players/mstrmeeseeks000?gameHistoryMatchIndex=24&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
Can I have some insight into why we got matched with four champs?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/6c6c6833-c3fe-43b3-b42e-152122f3233a/players/mstrmeeseeks000?gameHistoryMatchIndex=24&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
Likely because you were playing in a team of 4, so the game was having a hard time finding another team to match you with. So it ended up settling for another team of 4 that happened to be Champs. Also 2 members of your team have hit high diamond or Onyx in Slayer in the past, so their slayer MMRs may be close to Onyx. And Champs are just the top 200 Onyx players. So the average MMR of both teams is probably more even than your CSRs would lead you to believe.
QX wrote:
QX wrote:
bearhound wrote:
QX wrote:

QX wrote:

Ditto to you. You can't assume my tone based on my text since it has none. I'm pretty sure we are both reasonable people and not using whining or condescending tones. I read all your posts in a neutral tone since you respond with actual posts.

Lag, servers, and connection issues ruining games happens. However, you saying the the majority of games having significant connection issues and ruining your rank is blaming 343. If you are running into significant connection issues every game then it's probably your connection. Plus think about if you are biasing yourself by mainly only remembering the connection issue riddled games since they cause a larger emotional reaction.

Every time you've asked a question regarding the ranking system users such as myself have explained what is happening or redirected you to Josh if we couldn't know. There is NO way 343 can take lag into account for a ranking system since that would be way to easy to exploit. The ranking system does take players leaving (lagging out) into consideration however.
Or maybe he is a eureopean player like myself and if you play after midnight you will always have some lag
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 26