OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
If Grifball is at the bottom of the list, then can you please open up the matchmaking for it? Before the matchmaking change you guys made, I'd find games of Grifball in around 15 seconds. But ever since that change, I either can't find games, or I keep matching stacked teams of tryhards solo. Even when I have a team, I keep matching tryhards and sometimes, its the same damn people. I don't hate sweaty Grifball games, but I hate getting them constantly. I get massively fatigued playing constantly sweaty game after sweaty game. There'd be no harm in opening up Grifball's matching system completely again.
I would like to see a better division of the high ranks and lower ranks
Thanks for the update, I really like a lot of the new updates and skins. I haven't acquired them all yet but still its good. I don't, however, believe that the multiplayer population is great at 150k I feel that that particular number is particularly soft and I hope that when Halo 6 comes out and that the number grows again I feel that part of it is because the campaign was a disappointment and a lie much like EA's Battlefront two so people possibly expected the same for the multiplayer. But honestly all that aside I do thank you guys for all the work that you do give to the game and doing what you can to keep it going and I hope that you, yours and your team and their families have a safe and wonderful Christmas and New Years
I have a little more information. Using this free Pingplotter tool, have been running tests on different sites. Found this issue isn't exclusive to Microsoft's servers. Comcast has trouble handing off to other major sites as well. For example, Hulu's streaming has ping spikes and packet loss right after handing off. I have Hulu live TV on my X and my shows sometimes stutter. When that happens, I can see packet loss after it leaves the Comcast network. I've called Comcast for about the 10th time in the past few months and they reiterate there's nothing they can change on their end if it's happening outside their network. Since this doesn't happen to everyone using other ISPs, I can't think of any other issue other than Comcast security. I think the moral of this story is that Comcast isn't compatible with Xbox Live these days. I'm going to try some hole in the wall ISP who hopefully has less security blockages and report back on Halo 5's performance. For everyone else frustrated by Halo 5's performance, this might be worth looking into on your ends as well.

Josh I wonder if this is something 343 might want to escalate because if you can't get Comcast to play nice with Xbox Live, it's going to hurt the competitive twitch games like Halo going forward.
I keep getting team with NOOBS! Not even low level noobs... high ranking noobs. They don’t play the objective (arena) get 1 kill 50 deaths, team shoot. I go full sweat on arena, but I can’t win a game by myself! Then they get salty when I tell em there useless.
I keep getting team with NOOBS! Not even low level noobs... high ranking noobs. They don’t play the objective (arena) get 1 kill 50 deaths, team shoot. I go full sweat on arena, but I can’t win a game by myself! Then they get salty when I tell em there useless.
You can be SR-152 and still rank Silver/Gold. Progression rank has zero bearing on skill.

That said....you're ranked Silver in Team Arena. If you feel you belong higher where there are less "noobs" (in your perception), then finding a team to play with is going to be your best bet.
You can be SR-152 and still rank Silver/Gold. Progression rank has zero bearing on skill.

That said....you're ranked Silver in Team Arena. If you feel you belong higher where there are less "noobs" (in your perception), then finding a team to play with is going to be your best bet.
I’m only silver cause I keep getting put with people who don’t know what their doing, it’s the lowest I’ve ever got. I’m looking for players who want to team up.
Has there been any progress with the issue of players unintentionally leaving the lobby? It's still happening all the time. I know it's the holidays, but like any business I'm guessing some people are still working during that time.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Has there been any progress with the issue of players unintentionally leaving the lobby? It's still happening all the time. I know it's the holidays, but like any business I'm guessing some people are still working during that time.
This, it's been rough trying to play this game over Christmas break. Not a good look for new players.
I find that the CSR in FFA is too tough. As a Diamond 3 who gets placed with platinum and gold players it's no fun and unrewarding. For example: if I get in 2nd place with platinum and gold players I lose CSR because the game expects me to win. Unrewarding and makes me want to stop playing ffa.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Matches not Starting When Someone Backs OutMany of you have brought to our attention that it’s possible to see a full match get set up, someone leaves, and then it struggles to fill that slot. It might actually be unrelated to matchmaking, strangely enough, and we are actively investigating it.

Holidays!After this week, I'll be on vacation until the new year, so no posts for a couple of weeks. Everyone have a good one!
I know it's not quite the new year, but I was thinking about leaving this link since this happened. This is part of what has been happening.

BTB match that ended up a DNF.

I believe I was the JIP into this game, and the game ended up freezing on me completely. It was stuck in the loading screen and I had to restart the game. This might happen one or two times a session during the evening hours. I am on the East coast and I normally play between 7-12pm.

One other thing I have been noticing is when I back out of the lobby, after a match is finished, it will freeze up. Sometimes it takes so long to get back to the lobby I have to restart the game.

Anyway, that's it for now. I hope you all are having a great holiday, and that this issue can be resolved for the New Year.
Any chance to make it so the matchmaker distributes new players more evenly so both teams have an equal share of new players? I had an objective BTB game where my entire team was below an SR 10 except for one person who was a 26 while I believe the other team only had 1 or maybe 2 people who were newish and no surprise we lost.

I understand their gun and movement skill levels may be similar for MMR matching, but higher level SR players have a greater chance of knowing the map layout and how to play the gametype unlike a new player who most likely doesn't. This puts a team of new players at a greater disadvantage even though they may have similar gun skill with the other team.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I just searched slayer twice and doubles once on expanded. I got timed out searching all three times. What's the deal?
I just searched slayer twice and doubles once on expanded. I got timed out searching all three times. What's the deal?
Time of day and your region maybe. Plus Doubles is pretty low on the list in the OP.
I'm now getting the "Connection lost, you've been disconnected from the local network" error about 80% of the games I match. Same thing happens every time. The lobby fills up with all the emblems, we get to 4/4 stage of matchmaking, then I get the error and my entire fireteam (or just me if I'm solo) gets kicked back out to the home screen. This was never a problem before the 4K update but it's constant now. Makes it very hard to actually play this game...
ZaedynFel wrote:

Holidays!After this week, I'll be on vacation until the new year, so no posts for a couple of weeks. Everyone have a good one!
You back at work today Josh?
I have a little more information. Using this free Pingplotter tool, have been running tests on different sites. Found this issue isn't exclusive to Microsoft's servers. Comcast has trouble handing off to other major sites as well. For example, Hulu's streaming has ping spikes and packet loss right after handing off. I have Hulu live TV on my X and my shows sometimes stutter. When that happens, I can see packet loss after it leaves the Comcast network. I've called Comcast for about the 10th time in the past few months and they reiterate there's nothing they can change on their end if it's happening outside their network. Since this doesn't happen to everyone using other ISPs, I can't think of any other issue other than Comcast security. I think the moral of this story is that Comcast isn't compatible with Xbox Live these days. I'm going to try some hole in the wall ISP who hopefully has less security blockages and report back on Halo 5's performance. For everyone else frustrated by Halo 5's performance, this might be worth looking into on your ends as well.

Josh I wonder if this is something 343 might want to escalate because if you can't get Comcast to play nice with Xbox Live, it's going to hurt the competitive twitch games like Halo going forward.
While I see what your saying the problem is this is happening across so many ISPs I'm not sure switching to another will help or not. This is happening across many different type of providers even those that have residential fiber run into this. So the cable providers, fiber providers and dsl providers can experience these issues and usually do. Granted not all do. The best thing we can do is ask players of really high rank and see what ISP they have and go from there. One might get lucky by just switching to another. But its going to be hit or miss with this game.. Personally with all these hops and hand offs I'm surprised at all this game functions.. Let me know if you decide to switch providers. I'm curious to see what type of results you get.. Maybe good old dsl works better.. But usually with that speeds are horrible. Even though one doesn't need a lot of bandwidth to play this game other things beside H5 might not work as good. Like Netflix for example.. Good luck man!
eLantern wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
You back at work today Josh?
I'm back, but my next update will be Monday and not this week. Bunch of up front stuff to do early on this week.
When does the new season start and why are we stuck with castle wars? This game has lost my interest because there's no fun arenas
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6