Quote:If your opponent can only beat you 1 in 30 games, then you should only get 1 point for beating them, assuming your current CSR is in the right place. Conversely, if you beat a team that usually beats you 29 out of 30 times, you should get 29 points, and they should lose 29 points.
In order for it to actually be accurate, it needs to account for:
- HOW MUCH the win is by... a 50-49 game shouldn't affect ranks as much as a 50-20 game
- If a teammate quits or is AFK within the FIRST HALF of the game
Edit: Also, be very careful about how the changes apply to FFA
FFA ranks already tend to be more volatile/fast-changing than other playlists, and game finishes more inconsistent.
It needs to be tested completely separately from the rest of ranks.
And since this is related indirectly, some people want 6-man and some people want 8-man. I know it's not an 'even' number but 7-man FFA is really where it should be at.
I know this isn't a playlist feedback thread, but the number of people in FFA greatly affects how the ranks work out, so it matters.
Edit 2: And top 3 should count as a 'win' on your service record. It's discouraging for to play FFA when you know it will result in a 10-40% win rate in the long run, despite the fact that you're still beating half the players in the match just like team games. (now, admittedly, I'm getting a bit off-track, sry.. but yeah, it's still all related particularly since we're discussing matchmaking 'rewards' and service record displays)
We’ve talked previously about both promoting Team Arena as the main playlist for Ranking, and also making Champion more rewarding. I’m currently looking into what we have right now that we could give out as exclusive Ranking system rewards. My current thinking, which is still very rough, is to do something like this, only for Team Arena:
- Have a season reward based on your final CSR Rank.
- Top Champions always get the current season reward
- Lower ranks have a much smaller chance to get the current reward
- Lower ranks have a much higher chance to get the previous season rewards
- Example: Diamond players have a 10% chance of getting last season’s reward, and a 40% chance of getting the reward from two seasons ago, but almost no chance of getting the current season reward.
This sounds like a great way to deal with it tbh.
Though one thing that definitely needs to be done (though I'm not sure if it's possible for H5, it at least needs to be in H6)
is to put a list of past champion ranks clearly displayed on the MAIN IN-GAME Arena ranks page.
There's room to add another column to the right-hand side of the page, or maybe another "card" (like the KDA/Assault/Slayer etc. boxes) specifically for past highest ranks.