OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. ...
  6. 8
LethalQ wrote:
I know us FFA players are probably the smallest population but can FFA get it's own rank structure and scoring system as well?
I personally hope it stays as is for now, I do want change eventually but I hope they won't do sudden changes to all of the ranked lists at once.
AgentFordy wrote:
Probably being dense here (Full Disclosure - I have not RTFM) but is there a way to see who are going up against and if they are in a fire team/party before the match starts?
Only way really is to recognize emblems. If you see a bunch of high ranking emblems, chances are it's a full party. If you play a full party, just remember the majority of their emblems so you can avoid them in the future.
FOTUS wrote:
Like I stated MOST PEOPLE do NOT play with a team, but they play separately.
Basing it on individual performances will only make people play even more selfishly and it will make things worse.
So, that paragraph you removed was you guys saying Halo 3 was too hard of a game and are saying were not good enough to get 50s. You should've keept that in instead of removing it.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Ranking RewardsWe’ve talked previously about both promoting Team Arena as the main playlist for Ranking, and also making Champion more rewarding. I’m currently looking into what we have right now that we could give out as exclusive Ranking system rewards. My current thinking, which is still very rough, is to do something like this, only for Team Arena:
  • Have a season reward based on your final CSR Rank.
  • Top Champions always get the current season reward
  • Lower ranks have a much smaller chance to get the current reward
  • Lower ranks have a much higher chance to get the previous season rewards
  • Example: Diamond players have a 10% chance of getting last season’s reward, and a 40% chance of getting the reward from two seasons ago, but almost no chance of getting the current season reward.
  • Making the current one really hard to get gives Champions something valuable and exclusive to shoot for each season.
This is the rough idea I’m working with right now. I still need to see what can be given, and think about how easy it should be to get rewards for each CSR each season.
I want to try and make the current season reward rare enough to have value for the top players so when you a player with the latest reward you know they are legit.

One caveat: I doubt we will have enough reward content to keep this up forever. I'm hoping for several seasons. This means Champions will be done getting the rewards first. But it also means even after the Champions are done, there will be content for lower ranks to acquire for several seasons after that.
BreakoutWe know there is a group of you who misses the old breakout. However, the new breakout is just as popular, if not more so, than before we changed it. So just changing it back would cause the same amount if not more concern as we have now --- just from a different group of players.

But we could consider rotating the old breakout in periodically, both so its fans can enjoy it, and so we can compare its popularity again.

Leavers and SurrenderI have a couple of follow up points here based on some of your comments and questions.
  • Can you tell the difference between network issues and a normal quit? Yes, but we can’t tell the difference between network issues and someone pulling the plug. If you know all you have to do to avoid losing CSR and getting banned is to pull the plug instead of the usual quit, what would you do? Because of this, we have to penalize equally.
  • Can you have a less harsh CSR penalty for surrendering? No, because then everyone would collude to surrender if it looked like they were going to lose. This would make figuring out when exactly we allow a surrender much harder. We have to treat a surrender the same as a normal loss. Any variation on this can lead to exploits. For example, if you lost less points for surrendering because 2 people left the match, then it would be advantageous to convince two teammates to leave so you could surrender and take a smaller hit to your CSR.
(2 / 2)
Everyone i know or have talked to, my whole company and many more, hate the new breakout, me including
FOTUS wrote:
FOTUS wrote:
Because the group stuff does not actually promote someone skill but it promotes working together.
...why is this a bad thing? Unless you're playing FFA, it's a team based game. Surely teamwork should be prioritized...?
Like I stated MOST PEOPLE do NOT play with a team, but they play separately.
That doesn't negate that outside of FFA, Halo is ultimately a team game. Reach tried the solo rank thing in Arena and it was terrible.

Team based playlists should absolutely not be based on individual performance at all.
This is clearly an argument that goes both ways, players who play in a team will want it to be team based, on the other hand solo players will want an opportunity to actually get a rank above diamond. As I already mentioned, I cannot find a team who will play with me, I have one mate who I play with and apart from that all my recruitment forums have gone to crap. Its not that im that bad, I just cant find a team at the times I play who are reliable.
I think that the new system that they are going to implement where fire-teams go up against solo players with higher CSR's than the average of the fire-team will help balance things a bit, even if it is not perfect, it is a step in the right direction.
If it is true that more people play solo than in a team ( which I can very much believe ) then I do feel that it is only right that solo players should be given a chance. After all, not everyone wants to play FFA.
That 1 win and 9 loss life in BTB. Seriously, it seems like it takes a miracle just to win more than a couple games in BTB a day. You can't even get a pity win in it. I know some of games are close and it's social, but constantly losing is not fun. Please look into the matching system.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. ...
  6. 8