Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

[Locked] Matchmaking Feedback Update – February 20

OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hey Folks, not a lot of updates to give out at the moment, but here are the updated playlist popularities. Also, I’ll be off-site next week, so if I get a chance to give an update, it’ll probably be delayed. If you're attending HaloWC in London, I'll be around so feel free to walk up and say hello if you see me.

Super Fiesta
Slayer
Heroic Warzone Firefight
Warzone
Quick Play
Big Team Battle
Infection
Shotty Snipers
Legendary Warzone Firefight
SWAT
Action Sack
Doubles
Team Arena
HaloWC 2018
Mythic Warzone Firefight
HaloWC FFA
Breakout
Warzone Assault
Snipers
Grifball
Extermination
Extermination is last? That’s odd. I didn’t see it when I played Halo 5 over the weekend. Was it removed last week? That might explain its low ranking on the list.
Extermination is last? That’s odd. I didn’t see it when I played Halo 5 over the weekend. Was it removed last week? That might explain its low ranking on the list.
Ya it was removed when shotty snips came in.

I think it's time to make snipers a soical playlist and put shotty snipers in that playlist as well.

I'd say remove Breakout too, but I know you can't due to commendations being linked to it...unless you were to replace it with something that could still get those commendations... Like say, Extermination ;) I'd even be fine with it left in ranked if you wanted to try that.

Enjoy Halo WC in London Josh. I wish I could be there...lucky!!!
I see that FFA moved up! Yes!
😊
Nice to have a new thread.
I'd say Breakout too, but I know you can't due to commendations are linked to it...unless you replace it with Extermination ;)
Not sure if I completely understood what you were saying, but you can get commendations in social.

D M4N8 wrote:
Possibly. We haven't seen the list from the last two weeks from when it was changed so it could've went down although I'm thinking it went up considering how low it was previously.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I'd say Breakout too, but I know you can't due to commendations are linked to it...unless you replace it with Extermination ;)
Not sure if I completely understood what you were saying, but you can get commendations in social.

D M4N8 wrote:
Possibly. We haven't seen the list from the last two weeks from when it was changed so it could've went down although I'm thinking it went up considering how low it was previously.
What. That sounds so contradicting
D M4N8 wrote:
It could've went up a bunch once the playlist initially changed and then went back down over the next couple weeks to where it's at currently. Where it's at currently is where it's been hovering around in the past so I'm not sure how much the new settings will change things.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
It could've went up a bunch once the playlist initially changed and then went back down over the next couple weeks to where it's at currently. Where it's at currently is where it's been hovering around in the past so I'm not sure how much the new settings will change things.
The Rank might not change much, but the pop is higher than the previous list so far. But it really takes 1-2 months to judge these things based on my experience. That's about the attention span of the population. If stuff stays up after that long, it's more proven.
Yeah, we're basically just going off of an older list and speculating, but it'll be interesting to see how it does long term. Good to know that the population is higher at least.
LUKEPOWA wrote:

D M4N8 wrote:
@ LUKEPOWA Sorry, ya I should of been clearer. I just meant you can't remove Breakout due to the commendations linked to it, unless you replaced it with something that could still get them, aka Extermination. It doesn't matter to me if it was ranked or not, but now that I think about it, a ranked Extermination would be cool to try.

I'll try and edit my orginal post to be clearer.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Playlist Popularity
The changes for this week. Unfortunately, we don't have the previous week's ranks, so this is compared to two weeks ago.

1. Super Fiesta: no change
2. Slayer: no change
3. Heroic Warzone Firefight: Previous Rank: 4 -- Change: 1
4. Warzone: Previous Rank: 3 -- Change: -1
5. Quick Play: no change
6. Big Team Battle: Previous Rank: 7 -- Change: 1
7. Infection: Previous Rank: 6 -- Change: -1
8. Shotty Snipers: *new* (replaced Extermination)
9. Legendary Warzone Firefight: Previous Rank: 8 -- Change: -1
10. SWAT: Previous Rank: 9 -- Change: -1
11. Action Sack: no change
12. Doubles: no change
13. Team Arena: Previous Rank: 14 -- Change: 1
14. HaloWC 2018: Previous Rank: 10 -- Change: -4
15. Mythic Warzone Firefight: Previous Rank: 19 -- Change: 4
16. HaloWC FFA: Previous Rank: 18 -- Change: 1
17. Breakout: Previous Rank: 16 -- Change: -1
18. Warzone Assault: Previous Rank: 19 -- Change: 1
19. Snipers: Previous Rank: 15 -- Change: -3
20. Grifball: Previous Rank: 21 -- Change: 1

Notes:
  • Extermination was removed and replaced with Shotty Snipers.
  • Castle Wars was removed.
  • The biggest movers were HaloWC 2018 and Mythic WZFF.
  • For comparison purposes, I've considered HaloWC FFA the same as the old/regular FFA, and removed from comparisons
  • The popularity of Snipers dropped quite a bit, which I would assume is due to Shotty Snipers.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Playlist Popularity
  • The popularity of Snipers dropped quite a bit, which I would assume is due to Shotty Snipers.
In my opinion, Shotty Snipers is just a much better Snipers Playlist.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Okay, dude (or dudette, idk how you identify), we get it. You don't like the MLG/HCS/HaloWC FFA playlist. Really, we get it. Especially after your multiple posts about it. But your posts have no substance to them, and now amount to nothing but whining/spam.

However, if you were to post something with substance, like what you feel is wrong with it, forum members could then have a rational, and maybe even productive discussion about it. That being said, this thread isn't even the appropriate place to post such concerns. That would be the HaloWC FFA thread that is somewhere on these forums. (I've seen it, I just don't remember where right now.)
That would be the HaloWC FFA thread that is somewhere on these forums. (I've seen it, I just don't remember where right now.)
Link.
I'm loving this.. Can't wait to gather up enough intel!
LUKEPOWA wrote:
That would be the HaloWC FFA thread that is somewhere on these forums. (I've seen it, I just don't remember where right now.)
Link.
Thanks Luke
Darth Jaco wrote:
I'm loving this.. Can't wait to gather up enough intel!
I am unable to square this comment with the OP. Intel for what?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Kind of odd seeing BTB up so high, but it seems like I'm matching parties 90% of the time in the search lobby again. Be nice to get more games against solo players.

On another note, being sick sucks.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2