OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
I still can't find WZA games, searching solo queue, on expanded, mid-Atlantic USA region. Found 1 game between 5 "unable to match; not enough players" timeout errors. Whatever changes you made haven't helped high MMR solo queue players meaningfully.

I and many others still would love if you would consider a short term fix like this, and eventually a longer term fix.
I adjusted WZA, let me know how it goes.
Have the population numbers improved in WZA since Monday ? I'm finding a lot more games and much faster now
Have the population numbers improved in WZA since Monday ? I'm finding a lot more games and much faster now
ZaedynFel wrote:
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
I still can't find WZA games, searching solo queue, on expanded, mid-Atlantic USA region. Found 1 game between 5 "unable to match; not enough players" timeout errors. Whatever changes you made haven't helped high MMR solo queue players meaningfully.

I and many others still would love if you would consider a short term fix like this, and eventually a longer term fix.
Has anyone else noticed when playing Warzone that the team balances are unbalanced in favor of red team. It seems like for the past couple of months whenever I am playing on the blue team, there have been a few instances of when I was on the red team, we end up having at least three less to half the amount of players as the red team. I noticed it recently in some games on Arena. I saved screen shots on my xbox live account to show the imbalance.

https://images-eds-ssl.xboxlive.com/image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ8hxuvVvKKq5WWXWPr0sgiLkqKQxEEjAzc24Fs7_UQ5LIbImUrIdly7uVlH8M5VMh21Dfd7pbM3cS696MqOorxYUg5tJBwQ6Ekx3DkxUpzKNNHpLFL4e5vGfXOpRp4jM6PXGbBsDLhZVN05K4bjkAU4fuIgT6y67t3R56vq1ONl6xlZIL7kX8rnZ2Ulwhnd1lrDYTClOHVXU5qmInnsuHwhNgUp0ni6ays0O5ZKXCwNB0cg5zpVuWpqKN4MTBylNnzThKWmoFIEETK1xSAE_gVc-&h=1350&w=1350

https://images-eds-ssl.xboxlive.com/image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ8hxuvVvKKq5WWXWPr0sgiLkqKQxEEjAzc24Fs7_UQ5LIbImUrIdly7uVlH8M5VMh21Dfd7pbM3cS696MqOorxYUg5tJBwQ6Ekx3DkxUpzKNNHpLFL4e5vGfXOpRp4jM6PXGbBsDLhZVN05K4bjkAU4fuIgT6y67t3R56vq1ONl6xlZIL7kX8rnZ2Ulwhnd1lrDYTClOHVXU5qmInnsuHwhNgUp0ni6ays0O5ZKXCwNB0cg5zpVuWpqKN4MTBylNnzThKWmoFIEETK1xSAE_gVc-&h=1350&w=1350

https://images-eds-ssl.xboxlive.com/image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ8hxuvVvKKq5WWXWPr0sgiLkqKQxEEjAzc24Fs7_UQ5LIbImUrIdly7uVlH8M5VMh5oIB6UmlhxJLihn4ydfk_ffvBXVGmX7MClstCe.IW1LChaGGYi.dIj6Y62RZSsHrr8Y365JMu3QnfZnd5Vw16eI6MTO9MQcB8.DZgKS7hb1WGboWadpccgA6yTupHriLNLK8GMcZvzyPIdYquCAIJHZYwFUT1t8FO4o_aituCu9q03vVde69ZoIIA60Uk1c43CP553jjbwPdX9yYlIC8Sk-&h=1350&w=1350
reblady wrote:
Has anyone else noticed when playing Warzone that the team balances are unbalanced in favor of red team. It seems like for the past couple of months whenever I am playing on the blue team, there have been a few instances of when I was on the red team, we end up having at least three less to half the amount of players as the red team. I noticed it recently in some games on Arena. I saved screen shots on my xbox live account to show the imbalance.

https://images-eds-ssl.xboxlive.com/image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ8hxuvVvKKq5WWXWPr0sgiLkqKQxEEjAzc24Fs7_UQ5LIbImUrIdly7uVlH8M5VMh5oIB6UmlhxJLihn4ydfk_ffvBXVGmX7MClstCe.IW1LChaGGYi.dIj6Y62RZSsHrr8Y365JMu3QnfZnd5Vw16eI6MTO9MQcB8.DZgKS7hb1WGboWadpccgA6yTupHriLNLK8GMcZvzyPIdYquCAIJHZYwFUT1t8FO4o_aituCu9q03vVde69ZoIIA60Uk1c43CP553jjbwPdX9yYlIC8Sk-&h=1350&w=1350
Can you link the match from your match history here on Waypoint instead?
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/28cda586-b58a-494c-9c01-ce06f2762dfd/players/reblady?gameHistoryMatchIndex=35&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/72b7c616-875f-4d43-8880-65cf11d8867f/players/reblady?gameHistoryMatchIndex=63&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/warzone/matches/13d992ab-463f-4840-a5ee-7dcb5f1d299a/players/reblady?gameHistoryMatchIndex=32&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
ZaedynFel wrote:
RzR J3ST3R wrote:

Can you guys fix the random lag in some of the matches? Seems like the servers have been slightly worse ever since the recent updates.

Also, any chance you guys could release some sort of like retro pack? With the CLG and Allegiance skins? Maybe donate a portion of the sales to a charity, since neither org has Halo teams currently. Some of us missed out on the skins and would really like to get them. I figure if you guys decided to release the sticker shock skins to everyone when they were originally only available in the loot crate, then bringing back old skins for a short time wouldn't be too difficult right...
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Anyone having trouble with custom browser searching no games are loading for me.
Was finding WZA games tonight, though was probably searching at absolute peak hours of the week. Will try again at less busy times and see how that goes as well. But first impression is that it's improved.
Played some more WZA this morning. The good news is that I'm finding games searching solo on expanded, which is a big change. Many of them were playable though typically not super close, but whatever.

The bad news is that the looser parameters are again allowing To12s to band together and find games against far lesser players. I matched into a horrendous farm, and saw from their recent game histories on waypoint that this team had been doing some really blatant WZA farming much of the morning (letting the enemy cap deliberately to keep farming, etc.). In this game, they got ~400 total kills while the enemy got ~10 total. They had several games like that this AM, Josh you can look at their recent histories if you need more examples to see what happened in the matchmaker.

Overall, I guess this was a net positive for me, since I can at least play now, and just quit out of the toxic matches. But there's still a problem here. As I've said before, the problem isn't individual high MMR players. It's groups of them that band together and do toxic stuff. Not calling out this specific team, since I've seen others do this too, just saying that these kinds of farms may drive away players, which is bad for the overall game population.

That's the reason I've suggested some specific temporary "patch" solutions that would make matching harder for large parties, but remain easy for solo or small parties, until the "full solution" MMR fixes are ready.
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
Played some more WZA this morning. The good news is that I'm finding games searching solo on expanded, which is a big change. Many of them were playable though typically not super close, but whatever.

The bad news is that the looser parameters are again allowing To12s to band together and find games against far lesser players. I matched into a horrendous farm, and saw from their recent game histories on waypoint that this team had been doing some really blatant WZA farming much of the morning (letting the enemy cap deliberately to keep farming, etc.). In this game, they got ~400 total kills while the enemy got ~10 total. They had several games like that this AM, Josh you can look at their recent histories if you need more examples to see what happened in the matchmaker.

Overall, I guess this was a net positive for me, since I can at least play now, and just quit out of the toxic matches. But there's still a problem here. As I've said before, the problem isn't individual high MMR players. It's groups of them that band together and do toxic stuff. Not calling out this specific team, since I've seen others do this too, just saying that these kinds of farms may drive away players, which is bad for the overall game population.

That's the reason I've suggested some specific temporary "patch" solutions that would make matching harder for large parties, but remain easy for solo or small parties, until the "full solution" MMR fixes are ready.
I was extremely lucky to end up matching this team 30 times and being on their team everytime. I think I have the lowest mmr in the world. These players threatened to gauss hog farm me if I didn't partake in this farming, they even showed me how to use a gauss hog effectively
Edit: Meh

Josh, is the player getting unintentionally dropped from the search lobby still being looked at or worked on?
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Josh, is the player getting unintentionally dropped from the search lobby still being looked at or worked on?
This is what he tweeted yesterday when I asked about relatively the same thing.
Quote:
We're actively investigating it right now.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
This is what he tweeted yesterday when I asked about relatively the same thing.
Quote:
We're actively investigating it right now.
Sounds familiar. I was hoping they would have a more informative update by now unless they haven't had any progress which I hope isn't the case.
Quote:
12/11/17 Matches not Starting When Someone Backs Out Many of you have brought to our attention that it’s possible to see a full match get set up, someone leaves, and then it struggles to fill that slot. It might actually be unrelated to matchmaking, strangely enough, and we are actively investigating it.
Just shot 69.8% in Deathmatch. Only 1737 damage (because I was dying in 3 shot pistol kills). 0 kills. 0!

Josh Halo 5 is still the only XBL game that does this. Not Overwatch, Battlefield, Titanfall 2 or PUBG. Advanced support says the issues are happening outside of the Comcast network. So if it’s not your server or netcode, it’s a server it’s hopping to between Comcast servers and Azure. We need server selection for this very reason. Just need a different route. Halo 5 worked when I hit West Coast servers but those friends are no longer on to lead the parties.

Halo needs server selection!
anthem pt3 wrote:
I would really like to have a Social Slayer/Skirmish playlist added. I know that the playlist populations are already low and Quinn doesn't believe that it should be a social playlist. However I think its a staple that has been in Halo in previous iterations and should be added in Halo 5 as well. My friends and I play every week but everybody is struggling to play only Fiesta and BTB everyweek. Ranked is a bit out of the question because we have some players who play at Onyx/Diamond level and others that are around Silver/Gold. It's always not going to be fun for the weaker players.
I agree 10000%. I miss the days when we had a Social Skirmish playlist. It had more mode options, such as small team Assault, adding much-needed variety to the 4 vs 4 setup. Team Arena is cool and all, but it gets very repetitive without Assault being in the rotation. Even a single game mode added in can make a huge difference.

Social Skirmish also allows players to experience the normal 4 vs 4 gameplay without worrying about ranks. I can't imagine why it was removed; it seemed to be an integral part of the social playlists. Team Arena can't do what Social Skirmish can, since it has to adhere to the standards of a competitive environment. Skirmish, however, can allow many more options for players to experience, such as additional game modes and alternate weapon placements.

I almost exclusively played Skirmish and Big Team Battle in the Arena side of the game, and I was greatly disappointed when one of my favorite playlists disappeared. :(
You should allow BTB games to start 6v6 at least, so more games could actually get started.
This is absolutely crucial. If a single person leaves the game, I find that I have to restart Halo 5 entirely, just to make sure I can start a game within the next 10 minutes. For some reason, the game never seems to find the one person needed to fill a lobby, and we're all stuck on the "loading: screen for an unacceptable wait time. It can be really frustrating.
If I may posit a playlist addition, I would suggest adding Capture the Flag as its own playlist, probably for Social Arena. It's a very straightforward and definitive objective-type game mode, and I think it would benefit from its own playlist, much like Slayer does. My favorite playlists were Team Arena and Social Skirmish, when it was available. However, I disliked getting matched into Slayer so often, since I enter the playlist in order to play objective-based games. Slayer has its own playlist, so I've always disliked its placement in the other Arena rotations. In my opinion, separating Slayer into its own playlist while keeping the strictly objective-based modes together would be an excellent way to present those game modes. If I could have CTF on its own, I would love that so much! :D But I think having CTF, Assault, and Strongholds, in a playlist like Social Skirmish, would be an awesome setup.

Thanks for listening to our feedback here! I appreciate the work you all do to make this game thrive. :)
RzR J3ST3R wrote:

In the end, I feel like this issue will always be a problem at some level until we change the gameplay itself to make farming not worth it.

But as far as temporary solutions go, this is the most we can do in the short term with our current resources. The incoming stuff is going to take a lot of work that we don't want to get delayed.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4