OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
For Warzone games, if I don't get matched before a couple of minutes, I'll probably leave and try again.

My goal is to avoid loaded warzone teams where they steamroll us and we spend most of the game pinned in our last base before our core.

But this sounds like a helpful approach. I hope I see it reflected in matches tonight and throughout the week.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Deadlock I wrote:
So if I use Focused ...Playing Solo or with only one friend on my Fireteam I will have a better Chance of voiding a random Vs Fullteam Matchup ?
Yes, you have a better chance with Focused.
Absolutely best news of the day .. thanks
I'm not sure how allowing Onyx players to match with Gold players would ever result in a game worth playing for any involved parties. The Onyx players get bad practice against massively inferior competition, and the lower level players get absolutely stomped. I played with a few friends over the weekend in ranked Slayer and Arena and experienced numerous matches that were the opposite of competitive. Take this game for example:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/e702b865-2b1f-49c6-91bd-b85d15dd5b7f/players/roman%20craig?gameHistoryMatchIndex=22&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

Hopefully you can readjust the matchmaking skill band for fireteams so games like this don't become a regular occurrence. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to provide feedback!
I'm not sure how allowing Onyx players to match with Gold players would ever result in a game worth playing for any involved parties. The Onyx players get bad practice against massively inferior competition, and the lower level players get absolutely stomped. I played with a few friends over the weekend in ranked Slayer and Arena and experienced numerous matches that were the opposite of competitive. Take this game for example:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/e702b865-2b1f-49c6-91bd-b85d15dd5b7f/players/roman%20craig?gameHistoryMatchIndex=22&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

Hopefully you can readjust the matchmaking skill band for fireteams so games like this don't become a regular occurrence. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to provide feedback!
Yeah, if that's happening, it means in that particular instance in the queue, and party restriction side effects, that was the best available option.
Thanks for the update! Is there any updates coming for smurfing and boosting? I'm still playing against teams of two to three oynx players and one bronze player. Upon checking his history, he lost all 10 of his placement matches and then has pretty much barely lost since. Seems like something that could be easy to catch.

I've also come across a team that is cheating, one of the guys is definitely using a modded controller and destroying...he's champ one in team arena...
Hey Josh wanted to throw an idea out there for halo 6. For some playlist like social skirmish would it be possible to have a system like Titanfall 2? That way we could have a bunch of game modes like CTF, oddball, KOTH, one bomb, assault, slayer and more in one playlist to keep population high and if someone only wanted to play KOTH and oddball they could select to only queue those game modes.
Apoll0 wrote:
Is there any reason the system couldn't tell the difference between a player just flat out quitting amd a player quitting because the game crashed/glitched? I just had a game that didn't even start because it was stuck on black scree, so I quit the build. It treated this like a loss since I "quit". I know you've talked about similar things in the past where it can get complicated not punishing people for disconnects because it's hard to tell if a person legitimately got disconnected because their internet shut off or something, or if they just pulled their Ethernet cord or shut off their wifi. But it seems like the system would know when there was an issue with that particular game and assume that that's probably why the person quit and not count that as a loss. Especially in a case like the one I just experienced since the game hadn't even started yet, so why would I quit if there wasn't some kind of issue? I know it's not that big of a deal, but it is frustrating since it did cause my rank to drop to the previous rank tier after I lost the next game.
If all quits were "honest" they could tell, but they are generally not so they have to be treated the same. Many players quit a match (or during the load screen) by shutting down the box, quitting the game manually, etc. If they do that late it could look the same as what happened to you last night. They can tell the difference between when someone does this vs going to the menu and leaving the match "properly", but since they can't tell when crashes/disconnects are glitches or intentional they have to treat them the same. The timing doesn't really make a difference.

I try to look at it this way, sometimes that happens to me and i feel like i got screwed. But other times it happens to the other team and I essentially get a free win. In the long run it balances out.

yah0oit wrote:
Join in progress is messy. The majority of the time I get decent matches where someone quit out early because they don't like the map, or their mom made them wash the dishes, or whatever. Those play pretty normally. However, occasionally I get thrown into games where it makes me want to just go play a different game.

Example 1: JIP into Eden Oddball. I join a team with 1 player (I was the second) and it's very obvious that the other team is just farming kills. The ball was not being picked up, the other team had 20+ kills apiece, and were leading in points by like 190-10. I just nope'd right out of that one.

Example 2: JIP in to Truth Oddball. I spawn and literally one second later the game announcer says 'Defeat'. A loss without even a chance to get a shot off.

I've been playing a lot of oddball lately cuz it's really fun most of the time, but I've had other issues with JIP in other playlists like Skirmish, Griffball, etc. Though it doesn't happen very often, it would be nice to have some sort of system in place that wouldn't allow JIPs if the game is heavily weighted for the opposing team to win i.e. 199-0 oddball games, games where multiple people have repeatedly quit off the same team, etc. Is this something that could be implemented in Halo 5?
I second this. Even something simple akin to "if the game that needs slots filled is over 50% of the way to the primary win condition, it is no longer eligible for JIP."
Good point, hadn't thought of it like that. Thankfully it doesn't happen all that often, or it doesn't to me anyway, just frustrating since it did end up knocking me out of that rank tier. Main reason I posted about it here was that I saw someone post on Twitter yesterday that same thing had happened to them, so apparently it was a pretty common thing.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/a110f981-9a69-4bd9-9788-fc47a47bc764/players/a%20numb%20thumb?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena

11 people spawned into this game as JiP 9-10 of them were after the score was 2-0 and the enemy team was just padding stats.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/a110f981-9a69-4bd9-9788-fc47a47bc764/players/a%20numb%20thumb?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena

11 people spawned into this game as JiP 9-10 of them were after the score was 2-0 and the enemy team was just padding stats.
See my previous response to you HERE.

Complaining just to complain doesn't address the problem. Suggest solutions. Perhaps a suggestion you might think is good for addressing this problem is that 343i should make all playlists without JiP? There would be those (such as myself) who would disagree that that solution is the best option to use in addressing that particular grievance (at least on the social side), but we cannot deny that that solution would in fact resolve that particular issue. The reason I'd argue against it is because of the impact it'd have on growing other grievances unnecessarily on the social side.
eLantern wrote:

Complaining just to complain doesn't address the problem. Suggest solutions. Perhaps a suggestion you might think is good for addressing this problem is that 343i should make all playlists without JiP? There would be those (such as myself) who would disagree that that solution is the best option to use in addressing that particular grievance (at least on the social side), but we cannot deny that that solution would in fact resolve that particular issue. The reason I'd argue against it is because of the impact it'd have on growing other grievances unnecessarily on the social side.
Its quite simple really after a certain point people should no longer be able to join the game. And there are several points.
1. After the first 5 minutes of the game.
2. After and objective has more than a 1 score difference in Assault or Flag.
3. If and objective is tied but one team has a set amount more kills than another.(Basically if a team is padding their stats on another team, players should not have to Jip into this situation.
4. If a one team is ahead by more than 20 kills in a slayer(Big team) 10 kills in normal playlists.

Just these few things will help a lot. Nobody likes to join into an automatic loss.
Can we have the party matchmaking in war zone plz? i don't like going solo against a team most of the time :c
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
ZaedynFel wrote:
Focused may narrow you[r] available data centers way down, and JIP queries can only be fulfilled on the same data center, but it's a bit of a stretch to say that would cause it.
Just following up on mine and other anecdotal reports here. What do the hard statistics say?

Is join-in-progress more likely when solo searching focused vs. balanced? Details?
eLantern wrote:

Its quite simple really after a certain point people should no longer be able to join the game. And there are several points.
3. If and objective is tied but one team has a set amount more kills than another.(Basically if a team is padding their stats on another team, players should not have to Jip into this situation.
4. If a one team is ahead by more than 20 kills in a slayer(Big team) 10 kills in normal playlists.

Just these few things will help a lot. Nobody likes to join into an automatic loss.
I appreciate the solution(s) you offered as it helps foster potential discussions on ideas that might limit the frustrations and improve the game rather than simply complaining, so thank you.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
BR Grimmer wrote:
Oh -Yoink- off. Like this is gonna help solo players.
What a joke.
Instead of posting non-constructive complaints, why not try sharing some specific concerns you have, preferably with a link to the game summary where something bad happened. Otherwise you are adding nothing to this forum, just griefing.
Thanks for the update! Is there any updates coming for smurfing and boosting? I'm still playing against teams of two to three oynx players and one bronze player. Upon checking his history, he lost all 10 of his placement matches and then has pretty much barely lost since. Seems like something that could be easy to catch.

I've also come across a team that is cheating, one of the guys is definitely using a modded controller and destroying...he's champ one in team arena...
Yes, we've working on solutions to all of what you've brought up here.

Yeah, that's basically what happens now. In fact, I believe (without looking at the code -- famous last words) that every game mode has its own set up rules that tell the matchmaker when to stop backfilling.

But even under those conditions, you'll get rare cases of backfilling into a quick loss.

1. CTF match starts
  2. 2 minutes go by while teams are getting a feel for each other
  3. Team 1 scores
  4. Player A leaves the match.
  5. Rules say it's still OK to backfill, requests 1 more player.
  6. Player is found and begins loading
  7. Team 1 at this point has become organized and "figured out" Team 2, they quickly score again
  8. Player J loads into the match at this point, it's 2-0
  9. Team 1 quickly scores again.
In this sequence, at the time Player J was requested, everything looked fine (only 1 point, only 2 minutes in, etc.), but things "escalated quickly" while the player was still loading in.

It's uncommon, but can and does happen.
carbfarts wrote:
Hey Josh wanted to throw an idea out there for halo 6. For some playlist like social skirmish would it be possible to have a system like Titanfall 2? That way we could have a bunch of game modes like CTF, oddball, KOTH, one bomb, assault, slayer and more in one playlist to keep population high and if someone only wanted to play KOTH and oddball they could select to only queue those game modes.
We've definitely reviewed a few games with that approach and overall like the idea.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5