3. 39
  4. 40
  5. 41
  6. 42
  7. 43
  8. ...
  9. 49
l Shogun l wrote:
Can we Please get some better maps in the Slayer playlist. It's Mercy every other game and then Pegasus and Orion 2. We want more eden, empire, Plaza, the rig, even the 2 new maps. It is one of the most popular playlist anyways. Let's get some map changes up in there!
Please yes this right here team slayer NEEDS more maps.
Sturbz wrote:
BADvorak wrote:
eLantern wrote:
Sturbz wrote:
I have a question regarding are lovely ranking system again. So my friend and I just finished a game. We're both platinum 6. He ranked up at the end but i didnt. Heres the thing; every last one of my stats for that game were better by at least 50%.
Sooo.. ?
I assume what you meant by saying, "He ranked up at the end but I didn't" is that he gained +15 CSR for the win while you gained only +1 CSR.

This is explained by the fact that CSR adjustments are purely based on where your post-match MMR sits in comparison to your pre-match CSR.
  • If your Post-Match MMR is greater than your Pre-Match CSR: you will gain +15 CSR for a WIN or you'll lose -1 CSR for a LOSS.
  • If your Post-Match MMR is less than your Pre-Match CSR: you will gain +1 CSR for a WIN or you'll lose -15 CSR for a LOSS.
Thus, the reason your friend gained +15 CSR is because his MMR (post-match) resided above his pre-match CSR where as you gained only +1 CSR because your MMR (post-match) resided below your pre-match CSR.
Basically, your friend preformed better than expected while you preformed about as expected. Sorry if that comes out harsh.
It still doesnt make sense though because if we faced the same opponents and had the same pre'game csr; how does his mmr become higher than mine with every stat being lower? I thought your csr only rises when its lower than your mmr and you win? That implies that his mmr became higher than mine whilst having half of the stats i had
Bro just let it go they will never admit their ranking system is busted. Trust me it always comes down to them saying you're not as good as you think you are and our ranking system says that, so you have to believe us and we don't care that y'all have tons of evidence that shows our ranking system is broken. Our ranking system shows true skill and you just have to believe us. Your ego s inflated because of the old ranking system. Sorry don't mean to sound harsh. This is what they tell everybody who disagrees with their ranking system.
Communication. I started playing halo 5 last year and one thing that I just can't understand and never really looked into is why can't you talk to your party when in pregame lobby? I know this has probably been discussed along time ago but I want to know why was that never changed. It just seems pointless to be in a pregame lobby with your friends and not be able to talk them. Why do you have to wait until you find a game to be able to talk. And I don't want to be in a private chat the whole time then you can't talk to the other players. Is this going to change for the next halo?
RILEY11684 wrote:
Communication. I started playing halo 5 last year and one thing that I just can't understand and never really looked into is why can't you talk to your party when in pregame lobby? I know this has probably been discussed along time ago but I want to know why was that never changed. It just seems pointless to be in a pregame lobby with your friends and not be able to talk them. Why do you have to wait until you find a game to be able to talk. And I don't want to be in a private chat the whole time then you can't talk to the other players. Is this going to change for the next halo?
Unless I'm missing something, you're very much able to talk to your teammates (and everyone else) in the pregame lobby so long as your squad isn't in Party Chat.
RILEY11684 - please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
RILEY11684 wrote:
Unless I'm missing something, you're very much able to talk to your teammates (and everyone else) in the pregame lobby so long as your squad isn't in Party Chat.
You can only talk to each other when the game starts loading and for the 25 second cool down after a match while in lobbies.

During the search and while in menus you cant hear people in your fireteam.
Jackuin wrote:
BADvorak wrote:
But the majority of all people don't want to play H3 matches 90% of the time. This was one of the major points of feedback for MCC which is why the Insider builds don't have it, the Updated MCC won't have it anymore, and is why H5 doesn't have it either. It also creates stagnation as people don't/can't try anything different/new.
Please explain to me why Halo 3 gets the majority vote if “the majority of all people don’t want to play H3 matches 90% of the time.” You’ve got some flawed logic bud. You just want to argue with people for the sake of arguing, if your just trolling u got me bro! 😂
Read my quote again carefully because you misunderstood it. I said "But the majority of people don't want to play H3 matches 90% of time" as in they are fine playing H3 but want to play other Halos like CE, 2/A, and even 4. As for the majority vote, you only need half the people voting one of the selections since the others will be split on the other two which is what happens 80% of the time in the current Retail MCC.
BADvorak wrote:
Jackuin wrote:
BADvorak wrote:
But the majority of all people don't want to play H3 matches 90% of the time. This was one of the major points of feedback for MCC which is why the Insider builds don't have it, the Updated MCC won't have it anymore, and is why H5 doesn't have it either. It also creates stagnation as people don't/can't try anything different/new.
Please explain to me why Halo 3 gets the majority vote if “the majority of all people don’t want to play H3 matches 90% of the time.” You’ve got some flawed logic bud. You just want to argue with people for the sake of arguing, if your just trolling u got me bro! 😂
Read my quote again carefully because you misunderstood it. I said "But the majority of people don't want to play H3 matches 90% of time" as in they are fine playing H3 but want to play other Halos like CE, 2/A, and even 4. As for the majority vote, you only need half the people voting one of the selections since the others will be split on the other two which is what happens 80% of the time in the current Retail MCC.
Guys this thread isn't about MCC. Move to the MCC section for that.
BADvorak wrote:
Jackuin wrote:
BADvorak wrote:
Guys this thread isn't about MCC. Move to the MCC section for that.
Sorry, my bad.
stckrboy wrote:
RILEY11684 - please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
What are you talking about
RILEY11684 wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
What are you talking about
You posted several times in a row.

Please don't do that.
eLantern wrote:
My point to all this is things will most likely only get worst once more and more people know more information.
Clarification:

Things will most likely get worse as more and more people continue to spread false information that's based on either a misunderstanding or an oversimplification of the TS2 system.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d84b7179-aa27-43c4-a8c0-51f8703b30aa/players/bunnies%20waddles?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

I think it's a bit ridiculous to go down 15 for this game. Does TS2 really expect me to win this game or get 3 kills a minute while doing the objective?
I direct you to THIS response. Immediate CSR adjustments are not indicative of your most recent performance.
I've read most responses from Menke from this thread and on Twitter. In most cases I feel the system is fair, but over the course of the past week I've dropped over 200 CSR mostly from games like this.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/90cc6190-5046-4c1d-8441-8e4d9454cede/players/bunnies%20waddles?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

EDIT: Same thing happened again. Is it because it's Oddball?
Josh has mentioned that multi-mode playlists can cause confusion regarding CSR adjustments because those adjustments are based on the individual mode's MMR and not a combined or average MMR. He's also mentioned that most people have a significantly lower Oddball MMR in relation to other mode MMRs, so it certainly is possible that you're earning a +1 (for a win) or -15 (for a loss) CSR adjustment despite what a combined or average MMR would have caused. This particular issue was something that 343i were working to fix by making sure multi-mode playlists used your combined MMR for CSR adjustments instead of the individual mode's MMR. Josh didn't provide a clear ETA on the implementation of that change.
eLantern wrote:
My point to all this is things will most likely only get worst once more and more people know more information.
Clarification:

Things will most likely get worse as more and more people continue to spread false information that's based on either a misunderstanding or an oversimplification of the TS2 system.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d84b7179-aa27-43c4-a8c0-51f8703b30aa/players/bunnies%20waddles?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

I think it's a bit ridiculous to go down 15 for this game. Does TS2 really expect me to win this game or get 3 kills a minute while doing the objective?
I direct you to THIS response. Immediate CSR adjustments are not indicative of your most recent performance.
I've read most responses from Menke from this thread and on Twitter. In most cases I feel the system is fair, but over the course of the past week I've dropped over 200 CSR mostly from games like this.

Edit: same thing happened again. Is it because it's Oddball? https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/90cc6190-5046-4c1d-8441-8e4d9454cede/players/bunnies%20waddles?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
ELantern has given a good answer but also remember that CSR changes are delayed a game. So if you played an oddball game where your CSR is way above your MMR (as most everyone's is) then the CSR change after your next game is going to reflect the oddball game. That's why some games where you hard carry you only gain 1 CSR or lose 15 for a loss.
So I know my MMR is all caught up with my CSR because my CSR had just went up the game prior to this ONE, so why is it that I didn't go up after? I mean, I beat Two Diamonds with a Gold on my team...

There's really something wrong with this Doubles playlist system.
D M4N8 wrote:
So I know my MMR is all caught up with my CSR because my CSR had just went up the game prior to this ONE, so why is it that I didn't go up after? I mean, I beat Two Diamonds with a Gold on my team...

The game prior you lost which means your CSR couldn't have gone up. Also remember that CSR changes are delayed a game. Since you lost the previous game while maybe underperforming or you just were expected to win the game would set your CSR change as negative 15 for the next game. Basically if you lost that game on tyrant you would have lost 15 CSR. However you won and since you can't lose CSR over a win the system chooses the other outcome and only gives you 1 CSR.

Now I know that it might be hard to accept you underperformed or lost when you weren't supposed to in the previous game as you went 16 and 11, but for both of these games you were the highest rank and had a lower rank on your team which means you are expected to put up decent numbers.

Edit: also going up doesn't mean you are caught up in CSR to MMR. The only easy way to tell if it that you often go up and down 15 and flucuate within a couple of tiers.
Will there be updates
D M4N8 wrote:

With 382 games played within Doubles this season you should have converged your CSR to your MMR a long time ago. But just because they reached convergence long ago doesn’t mean that your CSR has perfectly tracked your MMR given its variances. CSR is still susceptible to divergences due to the fact that a win will always ensure a CSR gain and a loss will always ensure a CSR reduction and the amount CSR adjusts is significantly limited in comparison to how much MMR can adjust. This is also in part why Menke mentions that once you converge your CSR to your MMR they should remain roughly within 2-Tiers of one-another. The +/-1 CSR adjustment greatly restricts how far and fast CSR can diverge from your MMR, but gaining or losing CSR can occur in opposition of your MMR because of the win/loss rule. This is also why Menke has mentioned that they could have CSR track MMR even more closely if they removed that particular rule, but it would mean people could see CSR reductions after a win which creates a whole new backlash issue that they are better off staying away from.

Also, let’s not forget that CSR adjustments lag by at least one game and potentially more depending on how far MMR moves and on whether or not you’re playing a multi-mode playlist. In the case of Doubles it’s a single mode playlist so you’ll simply want to track the CSR adjustments leading up to a particular match’s outcome as well as the following few adjustments afterwards to better understand how your MMR was affected by that particular outcome.
Doubles is so broken. Plat 3 to Champion play very similar. Currently my Doubles MMR is so extremely low that I constantly play some of the worst players this game has. I guess some come via Gamepass?

Earlier I even played 1 on 2, because my team mate quit with 0 kills and won 25:6. 25 kills in a doubles game without the other players killing themselves or each other. They really played as well as they could.

25 Kills and still +1 CSR (so the game expected me to do better...)

I am now Diamond 1, teamed up with a legit Gold player (10 year old kid) and still won against D5 & D2 that were totally rubish. This is all a big joke really.
QX wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:

The game prior you lost which means your CSR couldn't have gone up. Also remember that CSR changes are delayed a game. Since you lost the previous game while maybe underperforming or you just were expected to win the game would set your CSR change as negative 15 for the next game. Basically if you lost that game on tyrant you would have lost 15 CSR. However you won and since you can't lose CSR over a win the system chooses the other outcome and only gives you 1 CSR.

Now I know that it might be hard to accept you underperformed or lost when you weren't supposed to in the previous game as you went 16 and 11, but for both of these games you were the highest rank and had a lower rank on your team which means you are expected to put up decent numbers.

Edit: also going up doesn't mean you are caught up in CSR to MMR. The only easy way to tell if it that you often go up and down 15 and flucuate within a couple of tiers.
I think I would've known if I had lost. I checked my history before posting and I also posted this right after.
D M4N8 wrote:
QX wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:

I think I would've known if I had lost. I checked my history before posting and I also posted this right after.
You lost the game before a 25-9 LOSS on Tyrant that was also played on 8/19. Of course, you linked to a 25-9 win on Tyrant which followed a victory
<p>&lt;p&gt;&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&lt;/p&gt;</p>
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 39
  4. 40
  5. 41
  6. 42
  7. 43
  8. ...
  9. 49