2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 50
So quitters don't lose 30 CSR now? Great job on encouraging quitters!
D M4N8 wrote:
The first quitter still loses 30 CSR. Nothing has changed recently regarding how quitters are handled.
eLantern wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
The first quitter still loses 30 CSR. Nothing has changed recently regarding how quitters are handled.
Then why did the person that I just played with who had an Onyx below 1530 not lose their Onyx?
eLantern wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
Not true. I've been first to quit out of a few games and havent lost 30 CSR.
eLantern wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
No he's telling the truth, his teammates name was xduumais and he only lost 1 csr after quitting http://halo5arena.com/match/4add8ff9-578b-4d55-8bb2-b5ea2ac9d686/Xduumais?timeplayed=2018-06-26
<p></p>
ZaedynFel wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I'm just curious, but could you let me know what my current BTB CSR/MMR is? I've been on a break and I likely won't be playing for awhile after the reset, so I just wanna know where I was when I do start playing again. Thanks.
BTB MMR is 1757 (Onyx).
Can you tell me what my Team Arena MMR per mode are so I can know which modes to focus on getting better?
Team Arena Slayer 1232
Team Arena Strongholds 1176
Team Arena CaptureTheFlag 1125
Team Arena Oddball 1002
eLantern wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
You never did get an answer from Josh regarding your question that inquired into that quit and CSR outcome, did you? Since Josh didn’t respond on the feedback thread and you didn’t bring it back up I figured you PM’d him and got an answer. I also assumed he told you something like:

• It was a very rare occurrence and the issue that caused that is known about with a fix coming soon(tm).
  • The current CSR and MMR conversion fix is over-riding the regular quit penalty.
  • The visual representation that you saw wasn’t an accurate reflection of what actually occurred within the game. Another potential known issue with a promptly arriving fix.
  • The Seasonal reset will right rare instance issues like that.
Edit:
  • Or if you’ve been checking Skill Rank adjustments via an API site -- there’s a known issue occurring with the actual data being grabbed and displayed by API sites.
No I agree with the c
QX wrote:
I'm sure that I will get banned again for speaking my mind. I do not see how the new MMR is fair I won 4 games at the top of the board all four times to gain a total of 60 sr. They where fair games SR rating as me then the very next game I lost because someone quit out on my team the other team consisted of a onyx and a champion the other 2 players where diamond like me on the loss I lost over a hundred SR. I have plenty of videos proving that this happens. Now before you (moderators) send a bunch of links telling I'm wrong and block me again for asking a question is it possible that the new system is broken and needs to be tweaked. I loose more for being the number one guy on a loosing team despite my positive K/D/A then I gain winning a game at the top. Most wins despite being number 1 or number 2 on the board only give me 10 to 15 Sr where a loss is way more.
You won't get banned for speaking your mind. I've only seen people be banned for posting off topic threads and comments or insulting people. Look through this thread and you will see that there are plenty of people expressing their disappointment of Trueskill 2.0 and yet they aren't banned.

Now first off I want to clarify that you are talking about CSR right? Not the SR rank 1-152 as they are very different things with the former being the competitive skill ranking and the latter just being a xp grind system.

Could other questions: Could you provide me with the plenty of videos, or links to matches where you lose over 100 csr? I would be very very interested in seeing that as it was under my impression that the current system only lets you lose 1 or 15 per game. Also what playlist are you playing i'm guessing SWAT?

So to recap you won 4 games and gained 60 CSR at 15 CSR per game which is the most you can currently gain per game and your rank increased by a while subrank (ie diamond 4 to 5). You additionally were at the top of the board probably performing well so your "MMR" probably increased a decent amount as well. So let's say you are now diamond 3-4 in SWAT after those four games. Now you played ONE game and lose after your teammate left against a champion and two onyxs and lost over a 100 csr to now fall in plat 6 to diamond 1. Please link the game where you lost 100 csr since I think it would be really important for Josh to see it and be able to find out what went wrong. Also you are losing more than 15 CSR per loss too right?

Well that's just downright unfair so Im going to look into your losses at halo5arena.com. I looked at your last 8 losses in SWAT and here is the amount of CSR you lost: 3 games you lost 15, 1 game you lost 16, 1 game 2 (both of these are weird maybe a glitch on h5arena idk) and the other 3 you lost 1 CSR per game. Now 5 of those losses you were in the top 2 of your team, these losses include the -2, two -15 and two -1s. In only two of those matches was your K/D over 2.0 and those two matches you lost 1 CSR for one and 15 for the second.

Now for wins: So you have won 7 SWAT matches in the last 26 games of Halo you have played. Two of the wins granted you 16 CSR, 1 of them gained you only 1 CSR and 4 of them gained you 15 CSR per win. So in fact over the last fifteen SWAT games you have played you actually went up in CSR by 27. In five of those games were you in the top 2 of your team. These include both +16s two +15s and the one +1. For the +1 it looks to me like you were carried by the platinum "alt" account on your team which is why you only gained 1 CSR. The other four games you did well besides one +16 where you had a .93 k/d.

So to me it looks like your CSR is generally fluctuating around diamond 2-4 keeping you within that skill range. When you dropped to the bottom of diamond 2 and the top of diamond 1 it looks to me like the system kept you there so that when you eventually went on a win streak your CSR you go back to centering around diamond 3.

Again if you can link me to the games where you lost over a 100 CSR i would really want to see that as some crazy stuff would be going on with the skill system them. Otherwise with your current games it looks like the system is going a good job and keeping you in your skill range.

Have a good day and good luck in SWAT.
I agree with the above case it's not that I don't find the games to be fairly match but the hours that I get to play I'm paired against HC 22 and onyx a lot. When that happens its very common for team mates to quit out. Had three games in a row other night where I lost team mates and ended up dropping to plat. 6. My thing is that's its easier to lose CSR than it seems to be to gain it. This doesn't show as much in FFA I found it at least the hours I'm on to about perfect also have found that the slayer seems to be pretty fair as well but on swat I get a lot of out of skill games where I lose half a rank because I played a team on onyx and they get a 20 or so positive CSR for beating me and two other Diamond or Platinum's. I'm more then willing to say I'm wrong it just seems to me at least the hours I play for swat especially that I'm paired against high onyx or higher more often then in my CSR which makes t harder to get the 20 and 25 kills per game to move into the Diamond 5 To Diamond 6 or higher.
No I agree with the c
QX wrote:
I'm sure that I will get banned again for speaking my mind. I do not see how the new MMR is fair I won 4 games at the top of the board all four times to gain a total of 60 sr. They where fair games SR rating as me then the very next game I lost because someone quit out on my team the other team consisted of a onyx and a champion the other 2 players where diamond like me on the loss I lost over a hundred SR. I have plenty of videos proving that this happens. Now before you (moderators) send a bunch of links telling I'm wrong and block me again for asking a question is it possible that the new system is broken and needs to be tweaked. I loose more for being the number one guy on a loosing team despite my positive K/D/A then I gain winning a game at the top. Most wins despite being number 1 or number 2 on the board only give me 10 to 15 Sr where a loss is way more.
You won't get banned for speaking your mind. I've only seen people be banned for posting off topic threads and comments or insulting people. Look through this thread and you will see that there are plenty of people expressing their disappointment of Trueskill 2.0 and yet they aren't banned.

Now first off I want to clarify that you are talking about CSR right? Not the SR rank 1-152 as they are very different things with the former being the competitive skill ranking and the latter just being a xp grind system.

Could other questions: Could you provide me with the plenty of videos, or links to matches where you lose over 100 csr? I would be very very interested in seeing that as it was under my impression that the current system only lets you lose 1 or 15 per game. Also what playlist are you playing i'm guessing SWAT?

So to recap you won 4 games and gained 60 CSR at 15 CSR per game which is the most you can currently gain per game and your rank increased by a while subrank (ie diamond 4 to 5). You additionally were at the top of the board probably performing well so your "MMR" probably increased a decent amount as well. So let's say you are now diamond 3-4 in SWAT after those four games. Now you played ONE game and lose after your teammate left against a champion and two onyxs and lost over a 100 csr to now fall in plat 6 to diamond 1. Please link the game where you lost 100 csr since I think it would be really important for Josh to see it and be able to find out what went wrong. Also you are losing more than 15 CSR per loss too right?

Well that's just downright unfair so Im going to look into your losses at halo5arena.com. I looked at your last 8 losses in SWAT and here is the amount of CSR you lost: 3 games you lost 15, 1 game you lost 16, 1 game 2 (both of these are weird maybe a glitch on h5arena idk) and the other 3 you lost 1 CSR per game. Now 5 of those losses you were in the top 2 of your team, these losses include the -2, two -15 and two -1s. In only two of those matches was your K/D over 2.0 and those two matches you lost 1 CSR for one and 15 for the second.

Now for wins: So you have won 7 SWAT matches in the last 26 games of Halo you have played. Two of the wins granted you 16 CSR, 1 of them gained you only 1 CSR and 4 of them gained you 15 CSR per win. So in fact over the last fifteen SWAT games you have played you actually went up in CSR by 27. In five of those games were you in the top 2 of your team. These include both +16s two +15s and the one +1. For the +1 it looks to me like you were carried by the platinum "alt" account on your team which is why you only gained 1 CSR. The other four games you did well besides one +16 where you had a .93 k/d.

So to me it looks like your CSR is generally fluctuating around diamond 2-4 keeping you within that skill range. When you dropped to the bottom of diamond 2 and the top of diamond 1 it looks to me like the system kept you there so that when you eventually went on a win streak your CSR you go back to centering around diamond 3.

Again if you can link me to the games where you lost over a 100 CSR i would really want to see that as some crazy stuff would be going on with the skill system them. Otherwise with your current games it looks like the system is going a good job and keeping you in your skill range.

Have a good day and good luck in SWAT.
I agree with the above case it's not that I don't find the games to be fairly match but the hours that I get to play I'm paired against HC 22 and onyx a lot. When that happens its very common for team mates to quit out. Had three games in a row other night where I lost team mates and ended up dropping to plat. 6. My thing is that's its easier to lose CSR than it seems to be to gain it. This doesn't show as much in FFA I found it at least the hours I'm on to about perfect also have found that the slayer seems to be pretty fair as well but on swat I get a lot of out of skill games where I lose half a rank because I played a team on onyx and they get a 20 or so positive CSR for beating me and two other Diamond or Platinum's. I'm more then willing to say I'm wrong it just seems to me at least the hours I play for swat especially that I'm paired against high onyx or higher more often then in my CSR which makes t harder to get the 20 and 25 kills per game to move into the Diamond 5 To Diamond 6 or higher.
And also for the record I love halo always have and always will. There's nothing 343 could ever do that would make me stop loving there games or playing them. I'am just not a big fan of this system in particular it took a while to get use to the last one I wasn't a fan of the match making for four or five both had to grow on me but I have some archives on my stream accounts and I will log some more of it if it helps any. Thanks for your feed back
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
eLantern wrote:
eLantern wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
You never did get an answer from Josh regarding your question that inquired into that quit and CSR outcome, did you? Since Josh didn’t respond on the feedback thread and you didn’t bring it back up I figured you PM’d him and got an answer. I also assumed he told you something like:

• It was a very rare occurrence and the issue that caused that is known about with a fix coming soon(tm).
  • The current CSR and MMR conversion fix is over-riding the regular quit penalty.
  • The visual representation that you saw wasn’t an accurate reflection of what actually occurred within the game. Another potential known issue with a promptly arriving fix.
  • The Seasonal reset will right rare instance issues like that.
1ac0eb53-e396-4b40-b6c3-463510173216

Both of these quitters only lost 1 CSR.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
The Waypoint forums are not the place to report players. Use the Xbox Live report function to report players for in-game behavior.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
You have to betray the same teammate 3 times before it allows them the option of booting the betrayer.
ZaedynFel wrote:
When is the quick play going to be fixed.(i.e. where is says the max fireteam can be 4, and when you 3 or 4 you can't play.) Is ranked snipes going to make a return?
I've asked a couple of times on here and Twitter, I know others have too, no response yet unfortunately. Last time ranked snipers was removed, it was gone for like 2-3 seasons I think?? I could be wrong. All that has been said is that the ranked snipers playlist was removed "for the time being." So we just have to wait until it comes back :/
Not here to complain. But when I did my placement matches in slayer this season I ranked a plat 1. I did all 10 placement matches with thelucidclown, he ranked champ 57. Last season I ended at diamond 5. And currently I am an onyx 1531.
I know I did pretty bad for those games but I was in shock when I got plat 1 and he got champ 57. Was my rank really a plat 1? Gt: undergrounddevl
Not trying to go off topic. Always wondered why Slayer was apart of Team 4x4 if you already have a Slayer option right above it. If I want to play Slayer then I would select Slayer and not Team Arena. Just getting that out there. And strongholds is randomly selected a bit tooooo much. Like out of 15 I would Probably play CTF 2, Oddball 2 Slayer 5 and Strongholds 6. WTF???? Give me an even CTF 5, Oddball 5 and strongholds 5. Leave Slayer where it is.

Also maybe make Super fiesta a bit better by Having a CTF and oddball in every so often. I loved the Husky Raid Meta Raid
And maybe for Grift ball every so often have the one where you can throw the ball into the Tunnel thing that opens and closes. Cant remember what the name is but it comes up in Action Sack. Just my 12 cents here.
I have been getting frustrated recently as ive been winning more than not and usually at the top of the leaderboards in every game and over and over I get stuck in the exact same spot halfway between diamond 4 and 5 I can win 4 in a row and move nowhere and if I lose one game I will drop to the begging of diamond 4. Rinse and repeat and I keep stopping exactly halfway between 4 and 5. I would have thought if I keep winning and doing well my MMR should catch up to my CSR but
I have been getting frustrated recently as ive been winning more than not and usually at the top of the leaderboards in every game and over and over I get stuck in the exact same spot halfway between diamond 4 and 5 I can win 4 in a row and move nowhere and if I lose one game I will drop to the begging of diamond 4. Rinse and repeat and I keep stopping exactly halfway between 4 and 5. I would have thought if I keep winning and doing well my MMR should catch up to my CSR but
Have you seen a +15 CSR gain for a win at any time?
If you're not moving, it means you're playing consistently at the same level, win or lose. Your current Rank is currently the best at predicting your match outcomes.

Looking at your stats, between Diamond 4 and 5 looks about right. Your win% against low Diamond is just under 50%, which would put you lower Diamond.

You average 12 kills per game vs. lower Diamond, which is above the average of 11 for most low Diamond players, but below the average of 13 for a high Diamond player. So you are probably near the high/low Diamond border.

You average 9 kills per game against higher Diamond players, compared to 11 for high Diamond player, so you're playing below the skill level of high Diamond players.

So your Rank looks good.
Damian3205 wrote:
Not trying to go off topic. Always wondered why Slayer was apart of Team 4x4 if you already have a Slayer option right above it. If I want to play Slayer then I would select Slayer and not Team Arena. Just getting that out there. And strongholds is randomly selected a bit tooooo much. Like out of 15 I would Probably play CTF 2, Oddball 2 Slayer 5 and Strongholds 6. WTF???? Give me an even CTF 5, Oddball 5 and strongholds 5. Leave Slayer where it is.

Also maybe make Super fiesta a bit better by Having a CTF and oddball in every so often. I loved the Husky Raid Meta Raid
And maybe for Grift ball every so often have the one where you can throw the ball into the Tunnel thing that opens and closes. Cant remember what the name is but it comes up in Action Sack. Just my 12 cents here.
Team Arena / HCS are playlists that are meant to mirror what is being played at tournaments, which includes Slayer.

The proportion for each game mode is about equal, so you're getting unlucky.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 50