3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 50
ZaedynFel wrote:
I have been getting frustrated recently as ive been winning more than not and usually at the top of the leaderboards in every game and over and over I get stuck in the exact same spot halfway between diamond 4 and 5 I can win 4 in a row and move nowhere and if I lose one game I will drop to the begging of diamond 4. Rinse and repeat and I keep stopping exactly halfway between 4 and 5. I would have thought if I keep winning and doing well my MMR should catch up to my CSR but
If you're not moving, it means you're playing consistently at the same level, win or lose. Your current Rank is currently the best at predicting your match outcomes.

Looking at your stats, between Diamond 4 and 5 looks about right. Your win% against low Diamond is just under 50%, which would put you lower Diamond.

You average 12 kills per game vs. lower Diamond, which is above the average of 11 for most low Diamond players, but below the average of 13 for a high Diamond player. So you are probably near the high/low Diamond border.

You average 9 kills per game against higher Diamond players, compared to 11 for high Diamond player, so you're playing below the skill level of high Diamond players.

So your Rank looks good.
Hey Josh, would you mind taking a quick look at my last 50 Team Arena games? What am I doing wrong to not get +15 and only -15? It seems like I rarely drop games... Is it more kill focused and less win focused?
ZaedynFel wrote:
I have been getting frustrated recently as ive been winning more than not and usually at the top of the leaderboards in every game and over and over I get stuck in the exact same spot halfway between diamond 4 and 5 I can win 4 in a row and move nowhere and if I lose one game I will drop to the begging of diamond 4. Rinse and repeat and I keep stopping exactly halfway between 4 and 5. I would have thought if I keep winning and doing well my MMR should catch up to my CSR but
If you're not moving, it means you're playing consistently at the same level, win or lose. Your current Rank is currently the best at predicting your match outcomes.

Looking at your stats, between Diamond 4 and 5 looks about right. Your win% against low Diamond is just under 50%, which would put you lower Diamond.

You average 12 kills per game vs. lower Diamond, which is above the average of 11 for most low Diamond players, but below the average of 13 for a high Diamond player. So you are probably near the high/low Diamond border.

You average 9 kills per game against higher Diamond players, compared to 11 for high Diamond player, so you're playing below the skill level of high Diamond players.

So your Rank looks good.
Doesn't feel good lol makes the reward for winning moot. I guess it's identifying my skill level accuratly, even though I can hang at higher levels. Doesn't ever feel good to win 4 and lose one and be further behind what you started at that dau. Thanks for the response.
eLantern wrote:
Have you seen a +15 CSR gain for a win at any time?
Not for a win after hitting diamond 4 and a half bit if I lose I will gain again until I stop at d4
Not here to complain. But when I did my placement matches in slayer this season I ranked a plat 1. I did all 10 placement matches with thelucidclown, he ranked champ 57. Last season I ended at diamond 5. And currently I am an onyx 1531.
I know I did pretty bad for those games but I was in shock when I got plat 1 and he got champ 57. Was my rank really a plat 1? Gt: undergrounddevl
I show you at 1477 in Slayer currently (Diamond).

But, yeah, your performance in placement matches was definitely Plat level and not Onyx or Diamond.

You had only 7 kills per match against mid Diamond players, well below where most Diamonds perform.

You had 3 matches against upper Diamond players, but lost all of them, and had only 4 kills per match.

So, yeah, pretty Platinum there.

Since then, your performance has improved for sure. You are overall 47% vs. mid-Diamond right now. Your kills per match against mid-Diamond is a little above average, but vs. high-Diamond it's below average (9).

In your last 20 matches, though, you are more consistently high Diamond (11 kills per match vs. high Diamond, 15 vs. low, 50/50 win% vs. High-Diamond, etc.)
I would someone to explain this new TrueSkill 2 MMR system. As last night I won 7 games in a row most 50-18 some people quit on the other team which isn’t our fault. I went from a Diamond 2 to a Diamond 5 💎 meanwhile my friend didn’t move from his Diamond 5. How can that be possible 7 wins is 7 wins. I also won 4 games straight in Doubles and my bar didn’t move. This is really frustrating and does not motivate me to play and increase my rank. I have played Halo games since I was 10, I’m 26 now. H5 was my only game on Xbox until I took about a year and a half break to play Rainbow Six Siege. Currently playing to get ready for a Microsoft Store FFA Tournament. I would really like someone from 343 to see this and reply.

Gamer Tag: DEM0N1C HAZE
l Hxze l wrote:
I would someone to explain this new TrueSkill 2 MMR system. As last night I won 7 games in a row most 50-18 some people quit on the other team which isn’t our fault. I went from a Diamond 2 to a Diamond 5 💎 meanwhile my friend didn’t move from his Diamond 5. How can that be possible 7 wins is 7 wins. I also won 4 games straight in Doubles and my bar didn’t move. This is really frustrating and does not motivate me to play and increase my rank. I have played Halo games since I was 10, I’m 26 now. H5 was my only game on Xbox until I took about a year and a half break to play Rainbow Six Siege. Currently playing to get ready for a Microsoft Store FFA Tournament. I would really like someone from 343 to see this and reply.

Gamer Tag: DEM0N1C HAZE
It's intentional. It's the new way that CSR works. It's all explained here.
AIexandar wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:

So your Rank looks good.
Hey Josh, would you mind taking a quick look at my last 50 Team Arena games? What am I doing wrong to not get +15 and only -15? It seems like I rarely drop games... Is it more kill focused and less win focused?
I think it's mostly Oddball. You are Diamond in Oddball and Onyx in the rest.
hi josh. Would you mind letting me know what my mmr is for slayer please?
b7a7d7 wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
b7a7d7 wrote:
is that around the diamond 3 mark?
b7a7d7 wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
b7a7d7 wrote:
Diamond 4. 1400 is 5, 1450 6
ZaedynFel wrote:
b7a7d7 wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
b7a7d7 wrote:
Thank you for letting me know! I have a quick question about next season. At the moment, i get matched against the odd Onyx here and there (i don't mind this as i like the challenge) with everyone being capped at a max rank of diamond 3, should i be expecting to match Onyx/Champ a lot more to start with? I just want to set my expectations of being slaughtered for 10-20 games with the knowledge that things will return o normal
<p></p>
Hey Josh, would you mind letting me know what my hidden MMR/Rank is for team slayer? I seem to be stuck in a rut of earning nothing for winning but losing dramatically for losing regardless of how I perform in losing matches.
So I played and won my 11th FFA game today and barely went up at all. I was the highest ranked player in the match(Everyone else was Diamond 2 and 3-ish) so I'm guessing I was expected to win.

Did I rank up so little because I was matched with guys lower than me or because my CSR/MMR peaked?
The CSR and MMR for FFA are the same values right?
b7a7d7 wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
b7a7d7 wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
b7a7d7 wrote:
Thank you for letting me know! I have a quick question about next season. At the moment, i get matched against the odd Onyx here and there (i don't mind this as i like the challenge) with everyone being capped at a max rank of diamond 3, should i be expecting to match Onyx/Champ a lot more to start with? I just want to set my expectations of being slaughtered for 10-20 games with the knowledge that things will return o normal
<p></p>
We don't matchmake on Rank / CSR, only on MMR, and we never reset MMR. The cap at Diamond 3 only affects visible rank, not hidden.

So a late starting Champ level player will find themselves as a Diamond matching Onyxes regardless.
Garcush77 wrote:
Hey Josh, would you mind letting me know what my hidden MMR/Rank is for team slayer? I seem to be stuck in a rut of earning nothing for winning but losing dramatically for losing regardless of how I perform in losing matches.
1091 (Plat 4).
So I played and won my 11th FFA game today and barely went up at all. I was the highest ranked player in the match(Everyone else was Diamond 2 and 3-ish) so I'm guessing I was expected to win.

Did I rank up so little because I was matched with guys lower than me or because my CSR/MMR peaked?
The CSR and MMR for FFA for the same values right?
I show your MMR at 1437.
ZaedynFel wrote:

The CSR and MMR for FFA for the same values right?
I show your MMR at 1437.
If I did the math right, my current CSR is 1433, darn, guess I wasn't meant to be a diamond 6 yet.

Thank you for answering!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
When will this season reset?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 50