8. ...
  9. 50
Omniiiz wrote:
When will this season reset?
Tomorrow morning.
Verification from?
Omniiiz wrote:
Verification from?
Read the first page of this forum. Or at the last community update. Or at the fact that all updates to h5 are usually on Thursdays and the first post says the season will reset the week of the 25th.
ZaedynFel wrote:
I have been getting frustrated recently as ive been winning more than not and usually at the top of the leaderboards in every game and over and over I get stuck in the exact same spot halfway between diamond 4 and 5 I can win 4 in a row and move nowhere and if I lose one game I will drop to the begging of diamond 4. Rinse and repeat and I keep stopping exactly halfway between 4 and 5. I would have thought if I keep winning and doing well my MMR should catch up to my CSR but
If you're not moving, it means you're playing consistently at the same level, win or lose. Your current Rank is currently the best at predicting your match outcomes.

Looking at your stats, between Diamond 4 and 5 looks about right. Your win% against low Diamond is just under 50%, which would put you lower Diamond.

You average 12 kills per game vs. lower Diamond, which is above the average of 11 for most low Diamond players, but below the average of 13 for a high Diamond player. So you are probably near the high/low Diamond border.

You average 9 kills per game against higher Diamond players, compared to 11 for high Diamond player, so you're playing below the skill level of high Diamond players.

So your Rank looks good.
Doesn't feel good lol makes the reward for winning moot. I guess it's identifying my skill level accuratly, even though I can hang at higher levels. Doesn't ever feel good to win 4 and lose one and be further behind what you started at that dau. Thanks for the response.
I mean clearly you can't hang at higher levels considering what Josh says. It looks like the system has accurately evaluated your skill level and kept you there. The skill ranking isn't there to make you feel good it's there to visually demonstrate what skill level you have.

That's why halo 6 needs to have a skill rank but also a playlist rank that shows amounts of wins like h3 did.
Josh can you please look into my MMR. I won 19 games straight and never ranked up once.
I think there's serious value in a progressive system for ranked which sits alongside your truly assessed rank, Tighten CSR a little to match MMR a little more quickly but also have a secondary progression tied to ranked only which can be progressed by just playing and winning, but is also influenced in some way by skill. It has to be influenced by skill in order to be more meaningful than simply an expression of how much someone has played, but it should be 'grindable'.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Damian3205 wrote:
Not trying to go off topic. Always wondered why Slayer was apart of Team 4x4 if you already have a Slayer option right above it. If I want to play Slayer then I would select Slayer and not Team Arena. Just getting that out there. And strongholds is randomly selected a bit tooooo much. Like out of 15 I would Probably play CTF 2, Oddball 2 Slayer 5 and Strongholds 6. WTF???? Give me an even CTF 5, Oddball 5 and strongholds 5. Leave Slayer where it is.

Also maybe make Super fiesta a bit better by Having a CTF and oddball in every so often. I loved the Husky Raid Meta Raid
And maybe for Grift ball every so often have the one where you can throw the ball into the Tunnel thing that opens and closes. Cant remember what the name is but it comes up in Action Sack. Just my 12 cents here.
Team Arena / HCS are playlists that are meant to mirror what is being played at tournaments, which includes Slayer.

The proportion for each game mode is about equal, so you're getting unlucky.
Ok. Didnt know that. Thanks for the response. Thats unfortunate. I usually just play because I liked Halo from Halo 1 first came out. I never really went deep into it. I just recently really started taking the time to get more involved in the community. Hence why my Spartan Rank is so high and my rank for forums is so low. Lol.
QX wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
I have been getting frustrated recently as ive been winning more than not and usually at the top of the leaderboards in every game and over and over I get stuck in the exact same spot halfway between diamond 4 and 5 I can win 4 in a row and move nowhere and if I lose one game I will drop to the begging of diamond 4. Rinse and repeat and I keep stopping exactly halfway between 4 and 5. I would have thought if I keep winning and doing well my MMR should catch up to my CSR but
If you're not moving, it means you're playing consistently at the same level, win or lose. Your current Rank is currently the best at predicting your match outcomes.

Looking at your stats, between Diamond 4 and 5 looks about right. Your win% against low Diamond is just under 50%, which would put you lower Diamond.

You average 12 kills per game vs. lower Diamond, which is above the average of 11 for most low Diamond players, but below the average of 13 for a high Diamond player. So you are probably near the high/low Diamond border.

You average 9 kills per game against higher Diamond players, compared to 11 for high Diamond player, so you're playing below the skill level of high Diamond players.

So your Rank looks good.
Doesn't feel good lol makes the reward for winning moot. I guess it's identifying my skill level accuratly, even though I can hang at higher levels. Doesn't ever feel good to win 4 and lose one and be further behind what you started at that dau. Thanks for the response.
I mean clearly you can't hang at higher levels considering what Josh says. It looks like the system has accurately evaluated your skill level and kept you there. The skill ranking isn't there to make you feel good it's there to visually demonstrate what skill level you have.

That's why halo 6 needs to have a skill rank but also a playlist rank that shows amounts of wins like h3 did.
Well I don't agree as I hang just fine on my other account but get capped from moving forward on my main account. I have also gotten much better in the last 3 months if me sucking previously effects it. Also not sure if accuracy, damage, snd assists are taken into conaideration with the Mmr seems silly though there's no joy if I can't gain rank beyond my level what's the point in playing ranked if I know I can't get past a certain level? Might as well just play social my MMR will give me like teams anyways.
In my opinion the new ranking system is frustrating and is dwindling an already crippled community. Because players cannot see their MMR like they can their CSR it is only confusing everyone when the game has ended and their rank seems to have not changed or has changed drastically. I know players complain more after going +1 after a big win and are even more upset going -15 from a loss but, for players who are not looking into waypoint for reasoning, all they know is what they see. Their perception of the ranking system will be negative because the simplicity of increasing CSR after a win or dropping CSR after a loss isn't consistent. At least its perceived that way. Players want simplicity. Loss=noticable and justified rank decrease. Win=noticable and justified rank increase. I or my teammates have had games where someone has recieved the +\- 15 for an uneven matched game because a teammate had dropped out on either team. I have received +15 for going negative in a win and +1 for going 22-6 after a win. I have also gone -15 for going 22-6 after a loss and -1 for going 4-14 after a loss. I am a dedicated Halo only player so I can only imagine how this makes a gamer feel. I’m pretty sure they put the game away becuase they assume it’s a glitch.

My point is that when a game is over and the rank is revealed it doesn't reflect the anticipated rank and therefore is confusing to most players. Having a ranking system thats progress cannot be seen when signed on and playing or looked up online makes it non trustworthy. I appreciate your diligence to seek fairness in a competative game but the game is already hurting for players. Also, it doesnt do any good to condescend and throw arrogance at frustrated players who vent on here about the ranking system because they do not understand it. Halo is a business and we are consumers. Please consider the numerous unhappy player’s negative opinions about Trueskill 2 and keep the ranking on a noticable level despite how YOU think it should be. Some of us absolutely LOVE this game. Im not saying Trueskill is a failure. Im saying it is far from perfect so please keep working on it. Thanks for your time.
Kashnasty wrote:
In my opinion the new ranking system is frustrating and is dwindling an already crippled community. Because players cannot see their MMR like they can their CSR it is only confusing everyone when the game has ended and their rank seems to have not changed or has changed drastically. I know players complain more after going +1 after a big win and are even more upset going -15 from a loss but, for players who are not looking into waypoint for reasoning, all they know is what they see. Their perception of the ranking system will be negative because the simplicity of increasing CSR after a win or dropping CSR after a loss isn't consistent. At least its perceived that way. Players want simplicity. Loss=noticable and justified rank decrease. Win=noticable and justified rank increase. I or my teammates have had games where someone has recieved the +\- 15 for an uneven matched game because a teammate had dropped out on either team. I have received +15 for going negative in a win and +1 for going 22-6 after a win. I have also gone -15 for going 22-6 after a loss and -1 for going 4-14 after a loss. I am a dedicated Halo only player so I can only imagine how this makes a gamer feel. I’m pretty sure they put the game away becuase they assume it’s a glitch.

My point is that when a game is over and the rank is revealed it doesn't reflect the anticipated rank and therefore is confusing to most players. Having a ranking system thats progress cannot be seen when signed on and playing or looked up online makes it non trustworthy. I appreciate your diligence to seek fairness in a competative game but the game is already hurting for players. Also, it doesnt do any good to condescend and throw arrogance at frustrated players who vent on here about the ranking system because they do not understand it. Halo is a business and we are consumers. Please consider the numerous unhappy player’s negative opinions about Trueskill 2 and keep the ranking on a noticable level despite how YOU think it should be. Some of us absolutely LOVE this game. Im not saying Trueskill is a failure. Im saying it is far from perfect so please keep working on it. Thanks for your time.
Well said. I agree with you it is very frustrating. Its addicting to see how far you can climb the ranks but that addiction fizzles with TS2. Maybe ranked should be TS2 and social should be traditional CSR. I can say for sure my interest in ranked would drop if that was the case. I don't want to be accuratley ranked according to TS2 and stay in the same bracket forever because a bot thinks I should have better than average kills per game against guys who are better than me. I just got back into being competitive in Halo and am getting better every day but it doesn't show in ranked.
Kashnasty wrote:

I mean, out of 50 games played in team arena at onyx level, I lost maybe 5 games and i deranked, even though i won maybe 45/50 games. Lol.
Kashnasty wrote:

This post is spot on .
ZaedynFel wrote:
I'm curious: what does a plot of all MMR updates look like? Is it a bell curve, or does it look like something else entirely?
QX wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:

So your Rank looks good.

Well I don't agree as I hang just fine on my other account but get capped from moving forward on my main account. I have also gotten much better in the last 3 months if me sucking previously effects it. Also not sure if accuracy, damage, snd assists are taken into conaideration with the Mmr seems silly though there's no joy if I can't gain rank beyond my level what's the point in playing ranked if I know I can't get past a certain level? Might as well just play social my MMR will give me like teams anyways.
Dude Josh posted your win loss stats and kills per game for the account you asked about. You were not playing well recently against people higher than your current rank. Therefore that account shouldn't have a higher rank just because you played well on a Smurf.

It takes into account past matches to see how you have improved so if you have gotten better in the last 3 months then the system would recognize that and have ranked you up versus your rank 3 months ago.

Josh has explained why only kills and deaths per minute are taken into account. Basically in order to have the most accuracy at predicting who will win or lose a match 343 has run the statistics and found that kills and deaths per minute prove to be the best stats to go by. All other stats either make the prediction worse or make it take longer without improving the system's ability to determine which team would win or not.

Well what's the joy of a skill based ranking system that rewards people for just playing a lot? I'd rather have a system that shows off my skill level than one that is mainly decided by grinding. However, as I put in my last post I want there to be a win based grind for each playlist like in h3. Also your mmr will go up if you win the only thing that your individual performance matters for is how much the MMR will go up. So in reality if you keep winning then your skill should go up. The system just doesn't reward you for beating a team that you were "supposed" to beat.

Also if you keep getting better then you rank will increase
I mean how do those pros and top ams have onyxs in hcs? Because they are that good. You are "rank locked" because you have shown that that is your skill level.
QX wrote:
QX wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:

So your Rank looks good.

Dude Josh posted your win loss stats and kills per game for the account you asked about. You were not playing well recently against people higher than your current rank. Therefore that account shouldn't have a higher rank just because you played well on a Smurf.

It takes into account past matches to see how you have improved so if you have gotten better in the last 3 months then the system would recognize that and have ranked you up versus your rank 3 months ago.

Josh has explained why only kills and deaths per minute are taken into account. Basically in order to have the most accuracy at predicting who will win or lose a match 343 has run the statistics and found that kills and deaths per minute prove to be the best stats to go by. All other stats either make the prediction worse or make it take longer without improving the system's ability to determine which team would win or not.

Well what's the joy of a skill based ranking system that rewards people for just playing a lot? I'd rather have a system that shows off my skill level than one that is mainly decided by grinding. However, as I put in my last post I want there to be a win based grind for each playlist like in h3. Also your mmr will go up if you win the only thing that your individual performance matters for is how much the MMR will go up. So in reality if you keep winning then your skill should go up. The system just doesn't reward you for beating a team that you were "supposed" to beat.

Also if you keep getting better then you rank will increase
I mean how do those pros and top ams have onyxs in hcs? Because they are that good. You are "rank locked" because you have shown that that is your skill level.
did you know in doubles only 6 people have the champion rank out of 250 players?
QX wrote:
QX wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:

So your Rank looks good.

Spoiler:
Show
Not that surprising since Doubles is one of the least popular ranked playlists. Also, if you're not going in there with a partner, you're in for lots of pain and frustration trying to rank up solo. So again, not that surprising.
QX wrote:
QX wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:

So your Rank looks good.

Spoiler:
Show
Not that surprising since Doubles is one of the least popular ranked playlists. Also, if you're not going in there with a partner, you're in for lots of pain and frustration trying to rank up solo. So again, not that surprising.
sorry for my bad english i am italian but what i mean is there are 250 players above 1800 and only 6 of them are truly champion and i think is the same in swat
QX wrote:
QX wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:

So your Rank looks good.

Spoiler:
Show
sorry for my bad english i am italian but what i mean is there are 250 players above 1800 and only 6 of them are truly champion and i think is the same in swat
What do you mean by truly Champ?
ZaedynFel wrote:
QX wrote:
QX wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:

So your Rank looks good.

Spoiler:
Show
MMR=CSR you told me because of this next season the champ in doubles will lower at 1600, am i wrong?
I think the same problem is happening in swat because many swat champion (like me) don't play swat anymore out of fear
ZaedynFel wrote:
QX wrote:
QX wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:

So your Rank looks good.

Spoiler:
Show
MMR=CSR you told me because of this next season the champ in doubles will lower at 1600, am i wrong?
I think the same problem is happening in swat because many swat champion (like me) don't play swat anymore out of fear
Ah, OK, that's possible. I haven't cross-checked.

But the season just rolled so now only true onyx (1500+) can be champ.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. ...
  9. 50