Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

[Locked] Matchmaking Feedback Update – June 11

OP ZaedynFel

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 38
  4. 39
  5. 40
  6. 41
  7. 42
  8. ...
  9. 50
I'm more or less rank locked after 50 games.

Was increasing at +15 clip until game 33, which is where my CSR reached my MMR. Since then gains have been at a constant +1 intervals. Record since the plateau is 16-1. Quality of wins were good, stats were very good. But despite having performances that would pass the sniff test, no movement. Loss at game 49 dropped me 15 CSR, meaning that during that 15 game win streak, my MMR dropped. Same sort of "Juror" problems from last season are still present.

Two issues continue to remain: 1) there is not a feasible window to rank up in this scenario, 2) if matchmaking can't find me good games where I can rank up, why are we doing this at all?

I understand that eventually your MMR should plateau. Your skill is your skill. But higher ranked opponents (diamond/champ) are being beaten with some consistency and there is still no movement- which doesn't seem intended.

Late edit: If we started with CSR = MMR - 200, then my MMR hasn't notably increased at all since the refresh despite the ~80% win rate against good competition.
Loss at game 49 dropped me 15 CSR, meaning that during that 15 game win streak, my MMR dropped. Same sort of "Juror" problems from last season are still present.
Not necessarily. Your MMR could have stayed the same during your win streak, but each win still gave you +1 CSR, so your CSR was going up albeit slowly. So you got a 15 game win streak, where you went +1 for every win after your CSR converged with your MMR, and if your MMR didn't move then your CSR would have been 15 points higher than your MMR after the streak. Then upon the loss, you lose 15 CSR because your CSR was over your MMR. But it doesn't mean your MMR went down; it could have stayed the same, or it could have even gone up a little bit (but not at the rate of +1 per game over 15 games).
But despite having performances that would pass the sniff test, no movement.
I'm not ruling out the possibility of something being wrong; you could very well be one of the exceptions like Juror. But while you may have felt that your performance was deserving of an MMR increase, isn't it possible that you didn't actually meet the expectations Trueskill2 had of a higher skilled player? You say your record best K/D during the streak was 16-1, which sounds very nice. I can't find that game in your history; could you link it? I'm wondering what the CSRs of your opponents were.
Chimera30 wrote:
Not necessarily. Your MMR could have stayed the same during your win streak, but each win still gave you +1 CSR, so your CSR was going up albeit slowly. So you got a 15 game win streak, where you went +1 for every win after your CSR converged with your MMR, and if your MMR didn't move then your CSR would have been 15 points higher than your MMR after the streak. Then upon the loss, you lose 15 CSR because your CSR was over your MMR. But it doesn't mean your MMR went down; it could have stayed the same, or it could have even gone up a little bit (but not at the rate of +1 per game over 15 games).
It is possible. But I'd argue that scenario is also suggestive of the same problem.

Chimera30 wrote:
I'm not ruling out the possibility of something being wrong; you could very well be one of the exceptions like Juror. But while you may have felt that your performance was deserving of an MMR increase, isn't it possible that you didn't actually meet the expectations Trueskill2 had of a higher skilled player? You say your record best K/D during the streak was 16-1, which sounds very nice. I can't find that game in your history; could you link it? I'm wondering what the CSRs of your opponents were.
Probably easiest format to see stats from a lump sum of my recent games: http://halodatahive.com/Player/Record/the%20sig%20fig#///Stat summary:
W: 22 L: 1
K/g: 11.95 D/g: 7.91 A/g: 6.45 K/D: 1.51 (tossed stats where other team quit early game)
1st place: 10, 2nd place: 12, 3rd place: 1
Lowest kills in a game: 9 (1 time)

Approximate average opponent rank (did my best having to approximate CSRs): Diamond 4
MMR may be greater than CSR if they haven't grinded yet. So Diamond 3/4 should be considered the low boundary.
Average team score margin: +8.32 (first to 25)

And yes, my MMR should theoretically flatline. My skill is my skill. The average rank of my opponent is slightly less than my current rank, so I should be expected to win more than I lose. I probably should not be expected to go 22-1 with a similarly ranked teammate and I probably should not have those stats.

Here's the thing: I am becoming increasingly confident that Juror is not the exception. I haven't seen a ton of evidence that there is much difference between mid diamond and onyx players, based on what I have seen from my opponents and available stats. Heck, we went 2-0 against Juror, the exception, this season. Perhaps onyx players have some common variable in their game history that avoids the "Juror quirks." I can only guess.

If I had to make a first guess as to why higher end players (diamond/onyx) drop in MMR over time, it'd be an overshoot on the expected kill rate. I can easily envision a scenario where MMR stagnates or drops against lesser opponents because the other team camps it out to varying degrees, as often happens in doubles. It can be a slower game, and it wouldn't shock me if even in games we are winning comfortably, we are going down in MMR because maps are still large and we can't find action, or we do force action and the game is closer than expected because you are jumping into poor situations. It is completely plausible that I had multiple games in that streak where we spent too much time hunting and therefore "under-performed."

The gold standard example of this problem was Mikwen's HCS game history, where the he dropped significantly in a 100-0 win because the other team hid. Menke's remark suggested he believed this was a problem limited to HCS pros- and as I've said in the past, I don't think he appreciates how frequently those sorts of games happen beyond that ultra-elite tier.

I still suspect that there are variables that are less applicable on this end of the curve. Which is fine- just bringing more attention to it in the event it can be explored and tuned.

I also acknowledge that according to the game, I may indeed be a diamond 6 player. But, and forgive me as this will undoubtedly sound like sour grapes, if 22-1 and not ranking up is the game working as intended- then I'm just less inclined to put time into ranked. I want to test myself. I want to win. I don't want to force myself into a super aggro, potentially selfish, and not necessarily better play style just to tackle some weird metric. It's just not a good feature and seems to be behaving more strongly than just a "are you being carried indicator." And heaven forbid the game freezes in the pre-game lobby and gives me a DNF (happened twice this week)- it'd undo 3-4 hours of winning games.
So i understand the new ranking system and how the mmr and CSR work but what i fail to comprehend or understand is why do i get games that place me with horrible and low ranked players. Now i get that the trueskill2 is like well since you are high ranked you should be able to carry these players to victory, but i mean why should i have to be the one to carry every game? I mean lets be realistic everyone has there bad games/days. And it gets worse, because when i do carry these people to victory i only go up 1 CSR despite me carrying low diamonds and even platinum players. But when i lose i go down hella far. Im not saying i shouldnt be able to carry these players i just dont understand why it give me the bad players and the other team good ones.just my thoughts.
So what’s it take to improve MMR then? I have been onyx before and took a long hiatus. I’ve worked my way back to diamond and close to onyx. Now all a sudden I can’t rank up. Doesn’t matter how good I do my rank only improves by +1 on a win with positive k/d and 55-65% accuracy. So you’re telling me I’m not as good as I play and this system refuses to let me rank up? I was 3 games from getting back to onyx. Now I’m only allowed to rank down? I entered the ffa tournaments last weekend finished 4th overall against onyx and champions. But, your system wants to tell me I’m not that good? Even tho I just proved to myself in a tournament that I am in fact a decent player that can hang with the super high ranks? Sounds like a flawed system to me. This is why the fan base is leaving. It’s only catered to the pros that get paid. So it seems.
itsmunah wrote:
Sounds like a flawed system to me. This is why the fan base is leaving. It’s only catered to the pros that get paid. So it seems.
The new matching system was only introduced a few months ago. If you think the fan base hasn't been leaving up until that point, then you're sadly mistaken. Why would they cater to pros when they likely make up less than a percent of the overall population? I'm not saying you aren't experiencing issues, but your perception of things seems very off. All of your questions have already been answered if you read through this thread or someone else can answer them for you if they wish.
Has anyone else experienced not being able to cancel your search? I've been playing the community slayer playlist and at least four times today I tried to back out of the search and would get the "cancelling matchmaking" screen but it would stay there for another 15 -20 seconds - until eventually I was loaded into a game. I've never had that experience in H5 so it seems like something is different.
I would like to report kind of a problem with Matchmaking.

Earlier this week I met one champ guy from Italy, and all his squad is from Italy, there are like 8-9 of them. So, first two days, when we were playing together, we could easily find matches. For the last three days, as soon as I join them, we can't find a game, AT ALL. 5-10 mins search, nothing. As soon as I leave their Fireteam, they immediately find the match. I can provide Gamertags if needed in PM. We tried everything, me as a leader of the Fireteam and making searches and even all of them separately, nothing helped.

Also this.
Dr Yoked wrote:
So i understand the new ranking system and how the mmr and CSR work but what i fail to comprehend or understand is why do i get games that place me with horrible and low ranked players. Now i get that the trueskill2 is like well since you are high ranked you should be able to carry these players to victory, but i mean why should i have to be the one to carry every game? I mean lets be realistic everyone has there bad games/days. And it gets worse, because when i do carry these people to victory i only go up 1 CSR despite me carrying low diamonds and even platinum players. But when i lose i go down hella far. Im not saying i shouldnt be able to carry these players i just dont understand why it give me the bad players and the other team good ones.just my thoughts.
I strongly agree with this one. Most of the matches I get are with Teammates that are terrible in every possible way, no matter if they are plat or diamond. At least two of them are like terrible, one just okay and I'm mostly carrying all of them with 17+ kills.

Also one more thing. Last night I was checking Focused, Balanced, Expanded search settings, and whatever I choose I keep matching squads of four. I know that they are the squad of four because the leader is on my playlist. Like 3x in a row on Focused solo queuing I'm getting them or the other 3-4 people fireteams to fight. No matter how bad or good they are, they are mostly beating my team because of those mandatory two bad players I get in the team.

Of course, it's not always the case, but in like 90% of occasions it is. I even rage quitted two times being first on the team for just seeing how terrible they are playing, I just can't stand that Matchmaking is ”punishing” me with bad players, bringing me to the edge of D4-3 then somehow giving me even weaker enemies to rank myself up. Also, that MMR thingy works for like 3 loses in a row, after 4th loss, no matter if I'm finishing first with 15-20 kills, my CSR is going down for 25-33%. I get that it should go down because of my bad performance, but if I'm playing on my skill level every game, no matter of losing or winning, I don't get why I am loosing CSR after 3 game losing streak because of teammates.
Has anyone else experienced not being able to cancel your search? I've been playing the community slayer playlist and at least four times today I tried to back out of the search and would get the "cancelling matchmaking" screen but it would stay there for another 15 -20 seconds - until eventually I was loaded into a game. I've never had that experience in H5 so it seems like something is different.
My friend and I have both experience this as well. Playing together and playing separately. It only seems to be in the community playlist as well.

Side note, some cool looking maps in that i must say. Some neat idea's too. It's really nice to see a vehical again in 4-4 as well :) but I feel a lot are pretty unbalanced and there's just way too much clambering overall, but it's soical so whatever lol
Has anyone else experienced not being able to cancel your search? I've been playing the community slayer playlist and at least four times today I tried to back out of the search and would get the "cancelling matchmaking" screen but it would stay there for another 15 -20 seconds - until eventually I was loaded into a game. I've never had that experience in H5 so it seems like something is different.
I've experienced that before in Firefight. I think it happens because the game found people right as you were leaving and you get locked in, but it could be something different. I do wish it was changed to where canceling the search overrides the players found if you do it before there are visible players in the lobby.
Wahadinho wrote:
I would like to report kind of a problem with Matchmaking.

Earlier this week I met one champ guy from Italy, and all his squad is from Italy, there are like 8-9 of them. So, first two days, when we were playing together, we could easily find matches. For the last three days, as soon as I join them, we can't find a game, AT ALL. 5-10 mins search, nothing. As soon as I leave their Fireteam, they immediately find the match. I can provide Gamertags if needed in PM. We tried everything, me as a leader of the Fireteam and making searches and even all of them separately, nothing helped.

Also this.
Dr Yoked wrote:
So i understand the new ranking system and how the mmr and CSR work but what i fail to comprehend or understand is why do i get games that place me with horrible and low ranked players. Now i get that the trueskill2 is like well since you are high ranked you should be able to carry these players to victory, but i mean why should i have to be the one to carry every game? I mean lets be realistic everyone has there bad games/days. And it gets worse, because when i do carry these people to victory i only go up 1 CSR despite me carrying low diamonds and even platinum players. But when i lose i go down hella far. Im not saying i shouldnt be able to carry these players i just dont understand why it give me the bad players and the other team good ones.just my thoughts.
I strongly agree with this one. Most of the matches I get are with Teammates that are terrible in every possible way, no matter if they are plat or diamond. At least two of them are like terrible, one just okay and I'm mostly carrying all of them with 17+ kills.

Also one more thing. Last night I was checking Focused, Balanced, Expanded search settings, and whatever I choose I keep matching squads of four. I know that they are the squad of four because the leader is on my playlist. Like 3x in a row on Focused solo queuing I'm getting them or the other 3-4 people fireteams to fight. No matter how bad or good they are, they are mostly beating my team because of those mandatory two bad players I get in the team.

Of course, it's not always the case, but in like 90% of occasions it is. I even rage quitted two times being first on the team for just seeing how terrible they are playing, I just can't stand that Matchmaking is ”punishing” me with bad players, bringing me to the edge of D4-3 then somehow giving me even weaker enemies to rank myself up. Also, that MMR thingy works for like 3 loses in a row, after 4th loss, no matter if I'm finishing first with 15-20 kills, my CSR is going down for 25-33%. I get that it should go down because of my bad performance, but if I'm playing on my skill level every game, no matter of losing or winning, I don't get why I am loosing CSR after 3 game losing streak because of teammates.
1). If you are a high level player and searching a low skill and pop playlist while also playing with outside of the US players and maybe playing during times when a lot of high skill players at in bed the the matchmaker isn't going to find you games. Most likely because of the outside the US and if those Italian guys were plat/gold then it's easier to get then games than you.

2). Carrying bad teammates sucks. I know I hate it. But the reason it exists is because of the low population of h5 not the matchmaker. If there was as large as pop as when the game came out you wouldn't get those teammates.

3). Focused, balanced, expanded only limit which server the game with connect to. So focused will only get ones near you. Balanced will go out a bit and expanded will pretty much allow you to connect to any server. So when you search focused you can still match the same to4 but not the server will be the closest to you instead of in another country/state.

4). If you were playing at a low onyx level your MMR would be at that level and your CSR would follow. However, if you are bouncing around the same diamond ranks going up and down 15 regularly you are at the right skill level. I know losing cause of terrible teammates sucks but it's just the population atm. And if you aren't in the US then the pop problem is even worse. Not really a thing 343 can fix at this point unfortunately.
Just had a solo queue game of HCS where it started my team off with 3 players. Another player then quit immediately, making it a 2v4. I ended up up going 15 and 7. We still lost of course.... but i ranked down a third of a rank.... wtf?
I am trying read through everyone’s explanation as to what is happening. I still do not get it. I do not care if I move up or whatever in rank. I just want the even matches back. In almost every match you have to carry at least one player who just doesn’t belong in your group. It was never like this. When you are looking at the 4th guy on your team and he consistently is someone who goes like 4-12. How is this considered good match making. Just put it back. It seems like overwhelming people are unhappy.
QX wrote:
Wahadinho wrote:
I would like to report kind of a problem with Matchmaking.

Earlier this week I met one champ guy from Italy, and all his squad is from Italy, there are like 8-9 of them. So, first two days, when we were playing together, we could easily find matches. For the last three days, as soon as I join them, we can't find a game, AT ALL. 5-10 mins search, nothing. As soon as I leave their Fireteam, they immediately find the match. I can provide Gamertags if needed in PM. We tried everything, me as a leader of the Fireteam and making searches and even all of them separately, nothing helped.

Also this.
Dr Yoked wrote:
So i understand the new ranking system and how the mmr and CSR work but what i fail to comprehend or understand is why do i get games that place me with horrible and low ranked players. Now i get that the trueskill2 is like well since you are high ranked you should be able to carry these players to victory, but i mean why should i have to be the one to carry every game? I mean lets be realistic everyone has there bad games/days. And it gets worse, because when i do carry these people to victory i only go up 1 CSR despite me carrying low diamonds and even platinum players. But when i lose i go down hella far. Im not saying i shouldnt be able to carry these players i just dont understand why it give me the bad players and the other team good ones.just my thoughts.
I strongly agree with this one. Most of the matches I get are with Teammates that are terrible in every possible way, no matter if they are plat or diamond. At least two of them are like terrible, one just okay and I'm mostly carrying all of them with 17+ kills.

Also one more thing. Last night I was checking Focused, Balanced, Expanded search settings, and whatever I choose I keep matching squads of four. I know that they are the squad of four because the leader is on my playlist. Like 3x in a row on Focused solo queuing I'm getting them or the other 3-4 people fireteams to fight. No matter how bad or good they are, they are mostly beating my team because of those mandatory two bad players I get in the team.

Of course, it's not always the case, but in like 90% of occasions it is. I even rage quitted two times being first on the team for just seeing how terrible they are playing, I just can't stand that Matchmaking is ”punishing” me with bad players, bringing me to the edge of D4-3 then somehow giving me even weaker enemies to rank myself up. Also, that MMR thingy works for like 3 loses in a row, after 4th loss, no matter if I'm finishing first with 15-20 kills, my CSR is going down for 25-33%. I get that it should go down because of my bad performance, but if I'm playing on my skill level every game, no matter of losing or winning, I don't get why I am loosing CSR after 3 game losing streak because of teammates.
1). If you are a high level player and searching a low skill and pop playlist while also playing with outside of the US players and maybe playing during times when a lot of high skill players at in bed the the matchmaker isn't going to find you games. Most likely because of the outside the US and if those Italian guys were plat/gold then it's easier to get then games than you.

2). Carrying bad teammates sucks. I know I hate it. But the reason it exists is because of the low population of h5 not the matchmaker. If there was as large as pop as when the game came out you wouldn't get those teammates.

3). Focused, balanced, expanded only limit which server the game with connect to. So focused will only get ones near you. Balanced will go out a bit and expanded will pretty much allow you to connect to any server. So when you search focused you can still match the same to4 but not the server will be the closest to you instead of in another country/state.

4). If you were playing at a low onyx level your MMR would be at that level and your CSR would follow. However, if you are bouncing around the same diamond ranks going up and down 15 regularly you are at the right skill level. I know losing cause of terrible teammates sucks but it's just the population atm. And if you aren't in the US then the pop problem is even worse. Not really a thing 343 can fix at this point unfortunately.
1) We all are from Europe, and the problem is only when I am in their Fireteam. As soon as I get out, and all of their ranks are mixed (Champ, Onyx, Diamond) they immediately find the game. Not like I am the only ”low ranked” in their Fireteam.
Wahadinho wrote:
QX wrote:
Wahadinho wrote:
I would like to report kind of a problem with Matchmaking.

Earlier this week I met one champ guy from Italy, and all his squad is from Italy, there are like 8-9 of them. So, first two days, when we were playing together, we could easily find matches. For the last three days, as soon as I join them, we can't find a game, AT ALL. 5-10 mins search, nothing. As soon as I leave their Fireteam, they immediately find the match. I can provide Gamertags if needed in PM. We tried everything, me as a leader of the Fireteam and making searches and even all of them separately, nothing helped.

Also this.
Dr Yoked wrote:
So i understand the new ranking system and how the mmr and CSR work but what i fail to comprehend or understand is why do i get games that place me with horrible and low ranked players. Now i get that the trueskill2 is like well since you are high ranked you should be able to carry these players to victory, but i mean why should i have to be the one to carry every game? I mean lets be realistic everyone has there bad games/days. And it gets worse, because when i do carry these people to victory i only go up 1 CSR despite me carrying low diamonds and even platinum players. But when i lose i go down hella far. Im not saying i shouldnt be able to carry these players i just dont understand why it give me the bad players and the other team good ones.just my thoughts.
I strongly agree with this one. Most of the matches I get are with Teammates that are terrible in every possible way, no matter if they are plat or diamond. At least two of them are like terrible, one just okay and I'm mostly carrying all of them with 17+ kills.

Also one more thing. Last night I was checking Focused, Balanced, Expanded search settings, and whatever I choose I keep matching squads of four. I know that they are the squad of four because the leader is on my playlist. Like 3x in a row on Focused solo queuing I'm getting them or the other 3-4 people fireteams to fight. No matter how bad or good they are, they are mostly beating my team because of those mandatory two bad players I get in the team.

Of course, it's not always the case, but in like 90% of occasions it is. I even rage quitted two times being first on the team for just seeing how terrible they are playing, I just can't stand that Matchmaking is ”punishing” me with bad players, bringing me to the edge of D4-3 then somehow giving me even weaker enemies to rank myself up. Also, that MMR thingy works for like 3 loses in a row, after 4th loss, no matter if I'm finishing first with 15-20 kills, my CSR is going down for 25-33%. I get that it should go down because of my bad performance, but if I'm playing on my skill level every game, no matter of losing or winning, I don't get why I am loosing CSR after 3 game losing streak because of teammates.
1). If you are a high level player and searching a low skill and pop playlist while also playing with outside of the US players and maybe playing during times when a lot of high skill players at in bed the the matchmaker isn't going to find you games. Most likely because of the outside the US and if those Italian guys were plat/gold then it's easier to get then games than you.

2). Carrying bad teammates sucks. I know I hate it. But the reason it exists is because of the low population of h5 not the matchmaker. If there was as large as pop as when the game came out you wouldn't get those teammates.

3). Focused, balanced, expanded only limit which server the game with connect to. So focused will only get ones near you. Balanced will go out a bit and expanded will pretty much allow you to connect to any server. So when you search focused you can still match the same to4 but not the server will be the closest to you instead of in another country/state.

4). If you were playing at a low onyx level your MMR would be at that level and your CSR would follow. However, if you are bouncing around the same diamond ranks going up and down 15 regularly you are at the right skill level. I know losing cause of terrible teammates sucks but it's just the population atm. And if you aren't in the US then the pop problem is even worse. Not really a thing 343 can fix at this point unfortunately.
1) We all are from Europe, and the problem is only when I am in their Fireteam. As soon as I get out, and all of their ranks are mixed (Champ, Onyx, Diamond) they immediately find the game. Not like I am the only ”low ranked” in their Fireteam.
I thought you would be the highest if you couldn't find games with them. Idk why you aren't finding games then.
QX wrote:
Wahadinho wrote:
I would like to report kind of a problem with Matchmaking.

Earlier this week I met one champ guy from Italy, and all his squad is from Italy, there are like 8-9 of them. So, first two days, when we were playing together, we could easily find matches. For the last three days, as soon as I join them, we can't find a game, AT ALL. 5-10 mins search, nothing. As soon as I leave their Fireteam, they immediately find the match. I can provide Gamertags if needed in PM. We tried everything, me as a leader of the Fireteam and making searches and even all of them separately, nothing helped.

Also this.
Dr Yoked wrote:
So i understand the new ranking system and how the mmr and CSR work but what i fail to comprehend or understand is why do i get games that place me with horrible and low ranked players. Now i get that the trueskill2 is like well since you are high ranked you should be able to carry these players to victory, but i mean why should i have to be the one to carry every game? I mean lets be realistic everyone has there bad games/days. And it gets worse, because when i do carry these people to victory i only go up 1 CSR despite me carrying low diamonds and even platinum players. But when i lose i go down hella far. Im not saying i shouldnt be able to carry these players i just dont understand why it give me the bad players and the other team good ones.just my thoughts.
I strongly agree with this one. Most of the matches I get are with Teammates that are terrible in every possible way, no matter if they are plat or diamond. At least two of them are like terrible, one just okay and I'm mostly carrying all of them with 17+ kills.

Also one more thing. Last night I was checking Focused, Balanced, Expanded search settings, and whatever I choose I keep matching squads of four. I know that they are the squad of four because the leader is on my playlist. Like 3x in a row on Focused solo queuing I'm getting them or the other 3-4 people fireteams to fight. No matter how bad or good they are, they are mostly beating my team because of those mandatory two bad players I get in the team.

Of course, it's not always the case, but in like 90% of occasions it is. I even rage quitted two times being first on the team for just seeing how terrible they are playing, I just can't stand that Matchmaking is ”punishing” me with bad players, bringing me to the edge of D4-3 then somehow giving me even weaker enemies to rank myself up. Also, that MMR thingy works for like 3 loses in a row, after 4th loss, no matter if I'm finishing first with 15-20 kills, my CSR is going down for 25-33%. I get that it should go down because of my bad performance, but if I'm playing on my skill level every game, no matter of losing or winning, I don't get why I am loosing CSR after 3 game losing streak because of teammates.
1). If you are a high level player and searching a low skill and pop playlist while also playing with outside of the US players and maybe playing during times when a lot of high skill players at in bed the the matchmaker isn't going to find you games. Most likely because of the outside the US and if those Italian guys were plat/gold then it's easier to get then games than you.

2). Carrying bad teammates sucks. I know I hate it. But the reason it exists is because of the low population of h5 not the matchmaker. If there was as large as pop as when the game came out you wouldn't get those teammates.

3). Focused, balanced, expanded only limit which server the game with connect to. So focused will only get ones near you. Balanced will go out a bit and expanded will pretty much allow you to connect to any server. So when you search focused you can still match the same to4 but not the server will be the closest to you instead of in another country/state.

4). If you were playing at a low onyx level your MMR would be at that level and your CSR would follow. However, if you are bouncing around the same diamond ranks going up and down 15 regularly you are at the right skill level. I know losing cause of terrible teammates sucks but it's just the population atm. And if you aren't in the US then the pop problem is even worse. Not really a thing 343 can fix at this point unfortunately.
The thing about the search preferences.. I don't think Focus guarantees the closest server. I think Josh had mentioned awhile back and gave an answer to what Focus does and it went something like this.. Focus tries to get you the best server when we can.. Im not sure what percentage these search preferences look at server verses rank.. But I think they focus more on rank then server location.. But id be very curious to know.. Maybe the search preferences are set a little different for EU players.. That wouldn't surprise me because im pretty sure they wouldn't want to connect across the pond to play ranked..

One thing I personally don't like about these search preferences is that Focus doesn't only find players searching Focus.. As a solo player searching on Focus you can get players on your team that are searching Balanced or Expanded.. Which isn't ideal.. I know Josh always recommends searching on Focus.. But I tend to use the default setting which is Balanced.. For some odd reason the games seem to perform better.. If I would rely on Focus I don't ever seem to get the server closest to me.. Which use to be Chicago IL.. But maybe that server isn't even hosting the game anymore.. idk...
Sturbz wrote:
Just had a solo queue game of HCS where it started my team off with 3 players. Another player then quit immediately, making it a 2v4. I ended up up going 15 and 7. We still lost of course.... but i ranked down a third of a rank.... wtf?
if you didn't drop down in rank for a loss, it would be abused by teams dropping a member so they don't lose rank when they're losing a match.
The thing about the search preferences.. I don't think Focus guarantees the closest server. I think Josh had mentioned awhile back and gave an answer to what Focus does and it went something like this.. Focus tries to get you the best server when we can.. Im not sure what percentage these search preferences look at server verses rank.. But I think they focus more on rank then server location.. But id be very curious to know.. Maybe the search preferences are set a little different for EU players.. That wouldn't surprise me because im pretty sure they wouldn't want to connect across the pond to play ranked..

One thing I personally don't like about these search preferences is that Focus doesn't only find players searching Focus.. As a solo player searching on Focus you can get players on your team that are searching Balanced or Expanded.. Which isn't ideal.. I know Josh always recommends searching on Focus.. But I tend to use the default setting which is Balanced.. For some odd reason the games seem to perform better.. If I would rely on Focus I don't ever seem to get the server closest to me.. Which use to be Chicago IL.. But maybe that server isn't even hosting the game anymore.. idk...
Edit: search preferences (focused, balanced, expanded) seem to prioritize connection more. It's unclear as I can't find a post by Josh explaining exactly what the parameters do for matchmaking. I was under the impression they only have to do with affecting your personal latency. So Focused will attempt to put you on a server with the lowest ping possible (there will be a maximum distance that Focused will let you look for servers). Balanced increases that range, and Expanded increases it even further (not sure if Expanded covers the entire globe). But yes, a person in Europe searching on Expanded could very well connect to a US server. And there could be US players connecting to that same server who use Focused.

Josh did say once that searching on Focused and cancelling matchmaking before 150s should prevent matching with full parties, so I guess skill does have some sway.
After this Perfection I can honestly say with full confidence that this new system is a JOKE!

I knew this was bound to happen and here it is. Proof.

Unless I can be proved wrong, which I probably highly doubt, I 100% stand by my statement.
Chimera30 wrote:
The thing about the search preferences.. I don't think Focus guarantees the closest server. I think Josh had mentioned awhile back and gave an answer to what Focus does and it went something like this.. Focus tries to get you the best server when we can.. Im not sure what percentage these search preferences look at server verses rank.. But I think they focus more on rank then server location.. But id be very curious to know.. Maybe the search preferences are set a little different for EU players.. That wouldn't surprise me because im pretty sure they wouldn't want to connect across the pond to play ranked..

One thing I personally don't like about these search preferences is that Focus doesn't only find players searching Focus.. As a solo player searching on Focus you can get players on your team that are searching Balanced or Expanded.. Which isn't ideal.. I know Josh always recommends searching on Focus.. But I tend to use the default setting which is Balanced.. For some odd reason the games seem to perform better.. If I would rely on Focus I don't ever seem to get the server closest to me.. Which use to be Chicago IL.. But maybe that server isn't even hosting the game anymore.. idk...
Edit: search preferences (focused, balanced, expanded) seem to prioritize connection more. It's unclear as I can't find a post by Josh explaining exactly what the parameters do for matchmaking. I was under the impression they only have to do with affecting your personal latency. So Focused will attempt to put you on a server with the lowest ping possible (there will be a maximum distance that Focused will let you look for servers). Balanced increases that range, and Expanded increases it even further (not sure if Expanded covers the entire globe). But yes, a person in Europe searching on Expanded could very well connect to a US server. And there could be US players connecting to that same server who use Focused.

Josh did say once that searching on Focused and cancelling matchmaking before 150s should prevent matching with full parties, so I guess skill does have some sway.
Thanks Chimera :) I was wondering what they really did.. You know I thought Josh did explain it once in better detail but I cant find the post either.. But thanks again for your reply. Appreciate it!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 38
  4. 39
  5. 40
  6. 41
  7. 42
  8. ...
  9. 50