OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Guys again, this is not the place for these questions. Josh has no control over playlist management or gametypes yet was kind enough to cover this in a previous thread. There are other threads for this.

Sorry to white-knight this -Yoink-, but its getting tiresome wading through all these posts. This might help for people wanting direct communication, hit up @ske7ch (community manager) or @quinndelhoyo ( mp design lead) on twitter if you want to be more direct.

He might no control over playlist management but he sure as hell knows a lot more than I do about changes to the matchmaking system.
Thorulfr wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
CSR ChangesI’m currently finalizing the settings for next season. This is where I’m headed:
  • It’ll take less time to “prove” you deserve your expected CSR after placement
  • We should see a lot less folks in Onyx.
Could you please explain how its going to take less time and why there will be fewer Onyx player please?
I'm inferring, so I might be wrong but:
- Simply lowering the number of games the system uses to 'prove' you deserve your CSR. I believe this means in practice that there's a period of a certain number of games where your MMR can change drastically (CSR will eventually follow).
- You will be able to drop back out of Onyx if your CSR falls below 1500.
You were always able to drop out Onyx if you fell below 1500, so I wondering by "...less Onyx players.." he means they changed the limit to 1700 as suggested or if the rate of CSR gains and losses has changed or possibly something else. But thanks anyway.
Glad to hear you have solid solution that prevent smurfing. But how? Tell us some hints!
wirebox wrote:
Glad to hear you have solid solution that prevent smurfing. But how? Tell us some hints!
I believe the hints you seek on how can all be found within the previous feedback threads.
So it's going to be harder to be onix this season that's like a challenge i like that
So does that mean your bringing back Breakout??
Drop the playlist and Breakout talk, Josh has already covered this in the first post. There is a dedicated feedback thread for Breakout, use that.
I've never cared for smurfing, however it is literally impossible to find matches when your Champ. Even onxy 1800+ cant find games solo in Slayer, Breakout (which the original breakout btw was WAY better) Swat.. As long as you guys fix the searching que, I wouldnt mind smurfin being taking out.
I've never cared for smurfing, however it is literally impossible to find matches when your Champ. Even onxy 1800+ cant find games solo in Slayer, Breakout (which the original breakout btw was WAY better) Swat.. As long as you guys fix the searching que, I wouldnt mind smurfin being taking out.
If you're in the EU then I totally get it - slayer and SWAT are sparse to completely unpopulated most of the time. I can still find games in Team Arena though - but smurfing in populated playlists is more annoying and hurtful to the game than not being able to find slayer games, personally. Less populated playlists can be easily collapsed without hurting the game too much.

I couldn't even count the amount of games I've played smurfs with platinum CSR and lost 30 or so CSR while in Onyx myself (when I'd lose 5-10 CSR against legit Onyx accounts). Playing 10-20 games per night means I'll get a heavy net decrease in CSR from losing 50 % of my games, when it should be a net balance or a net increase (losing 3 or so games against smurfs drops my rank 60-70 CSR sometimes).
ZaedynFel wrote:
Why don’t you show CSR on the loading screen and lock people so they can’t back out?This was actually the original plan, but when we tried this during the beta it caused more disruption than good. Locking doesn’t prevent people from finding other ways to quit and return, and it happened enough that banning wasn’t going to be a good solution.
I really do miss seeing pre game lobbies which show everyone's skill ranking (Next to there GT), please bring this back.

And we also 100% need a solo queue, and party match party option.

Thanks
ZaedynFel wrote:
Why don’t you show CSR on the loading screen and lock people so they can’t back out?This was actually the original plan, but when we tried this during the beta it caused more disruption than good. Locking doesn’t prevent people from finding other ways to quit and return, and it happened enough that banning wasn’t going to be a good solution.
I really do miss seeing pre game lobbies which show everyone's skill ranking (Next to there GT), please bring this back.
I've never understood that - all it encourages is dodging people you know will beat you. If everyone knew they were certain to lose a game nothing would ever get played (i.e. ranked MCC).
Monitor SC wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
I've never understood that - all it encourages is dodging people you know will beat you. If everyone knew they were certain to lose a game nothing would ever get played (i.e. ranked MCC).
Does it? I very rarely see this happen, even in MCC, even over the past 15 years of playing halo, this has never been a problem (for me).
Monitor SC wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Does it? I very rarely see this happen, even in MCC, even over the past 15 years of player halo, this has never been a problem.
Really? I guess one of us has been either lucky or unlucky! Most of my time spent in MCC has been waiting for people to stop dodging games, and even those that start are usually 3v4. I only ever play BTB when I go back to MCC because ranked isn't even close to being balanced any more.
Monitor SC wrote:
Monitor SC wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Does it? I very rarely see this happen, even in MCC, even over the past 15 years of player halo, this has never been a problem.
Really? I guess one of us has been either lucky or unlucky! Most of my time spent in MCC has been waiting for people to stop dodging games, and even those that start are usually 3v4. I only ever play BTB when I go back to MCC because ranked isn't even close to being balanced any more.
Yeah, you are correct with MCC in fact, mainly because of the dodgy rank system(Due to low population) that doesn't pair you with similar ranks.

But if the matchmaking was to work correctly and pair you with similar ranks, then this would never be a problem surely? as games would be even, with even ranks on both teams.
Monitor SC wrote:
Monitor SC wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Yeah, you are correct with MCC in fact, mainly because of the dodgy rank system(Due to low population) that doesn't pair you with similar ranks.

But if the matchmaking was to work correctly and pair you with similar ranks, then this would never be a problem surely? as games would be even, with even ranks on both teams.
In an ideal world, yes. It's a shame that uneven games crop up frequently, even in Halo 5.
Thorulfr wrote:
Thanks again for the insights provided by these updates!

As Rokform just mentioned:

Is it safe to matchmake solo now? Party size discrepancy (or MMR mitigation to balance solo's vs party) was a hot topic and a key area of improvement for me, but I don't see mention.

Also an idea - seeing as MMR and CSR are two different values, would it be possible to have a 'hot' indicator after a match. So you could see that someone is in gold for example, but that they're on a tear (MMR is higher, or maybe if they're on a winning streak) which is why they're in the game with a bunch of plats/diamonds. This would be in addition to any fuzzy indicator of MMR strength proposed in your Feb28 post..
I really like this idea. Even if you're not even thinking in terms of MMR, for me knowing that someone is on a hot streak makes me want to try even harder to end that streak.
THANK YOU! I am glad CSR dropping will be improved.
Re: Smurfing fix.... My biggest issue with smurf accounts is that I play with a wide skill range of players. So if I am an onyx, and I have friends that are legitimate Gold or silver players, if we try to play together will it be able to tell the difference between a team that is cheating and a legit mixed bag of skillz team? Currently when playing with a mixed bag team is the times when I get the most lopsided matches, because we constantly get matched against boosters.
great, josh. may see you in a few seasons maybe not. i cannot gripe anymore. just sat thru 3 games after a long day of work and got two blowouts and then a quitter in the third. this is ranked on focused if that even means a thing. this = the straw right now.

you do have an unenviable task but you also seem out-of-touch with just how lame (and probable) even 3 such matches in a row is...let alone 10 some times. what is the point? nm. good luck.
Whens the season reset? i have nothing to try for. Go back to one month resets.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5