1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
XCASZDF wrote:
Whens the season reset? i have nothing to try for. Go back to one month resets.
9th of march
XCASZDF wrote:
Plus you still need Champ for FFA and TA so grab your mountain dew an get on your sticks boi!!!
XCASZDF wrote:
Until you're champ 1 in everything you play, you have more to try for :)

Seriously though, you are in a tiny minority of players given your ranks and games played. most people are always fighting to get into Onyx, nevermind onyx for multiple playlists and champ in another. I think josh is coming up with ways to give you things to "try for" beyond rank, which is probably a better situation for the < 1% of people in your situation. Changing the season schedule for such a tiny population of players isn't a good idea.
Playlist suggestion: Add King of the Hill, Oddball, capture the flag, and assault to doubles.
For Big team: Add assault. Assault was invented by Bungie for Big team. Blows my mind that it isn't in Big Team.
Playlist suggestion: Add King of the Hill, Oddball, capture the flag, and assault to doubles.
For Big team: Add assault. Assault was invented by Bungie for Big team. Blows my mind that it isn't in Big Team.
Wrong Thread Mate,
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Tried a couple of games yesterday as the new season launched and I was left with a feeling that matchmaking is almost non-existing. I'm a casual at the bottom gold tier and constantly got paired with Platinum and Diamond players, as well as smurfs late in the previous season. I enjoy solo-queing and sometimes with a fireteam of 2 as well, but the feel of even pairing is almost gone. I honestly feel like the matchmaking is broken and the situation has escalated from annoying to straight up demotivating over the past two weeks or so. I would gladly wait 2-10 minutes for a match, if it resulted in more close match-ups.
Tried a couple of games yesterday as the new season launched and I was left with a feeling that matchmaking is almost non-existing. I'm a casual at the bottom gold tier and constantly got paired with Platinum and Diamond players, as well as smurfs late in the previous season. I enjoy solo-queing and sometimes with a fireteam of 2 as well, but the feel of even pairing is almost gone. I honestly feel like the matchmaking is broken and the situation has escalated from annoying to straight up demotivating over the past two weeks or so. I would gladly wait 2-10 minutes for a match, if it resulted in more close match-ups.
Can you link me one of these matches from your match history so I can check the teams?
OK, I found in the last 20 matches you've had one Diamond in your match, although that Diamond player was put on your team, not your opponent, and your team lost. Also, the system at the time expected that Diamond player to actually perform more like a Platinum player, and expected you to also almost perform like a Platinum player (you'd had a good tear).

So the system thought the two of you were close enough to put on the same team.

It also looks like most of your matches have been close with the exception of 1 or 2, which is normal.

The matchmaker allows a gap of around 1 whole CSR rank, so it's not unusual for players who have been playing at the high Gold level recently to match with Diamond players who have been playing more like Platinum players in their recent history.

You may argue that at the time your CSR was "Gold 1" Even so, your MMR was near Platinum. The system hadn't classified you as higher Gold yet because it wants to be "sure", that's what CSR is for.

MMR is what the system expects of you, CSR is what you've actually earned.

Over the course of your next few games you showed you might not deserve that CSR, although the system still has hope for you, so if you keep pushing, you'll be back in Gold soon.
Something happened yesterday when people played during the reset. Some people got their CSR after the first game. And the thing is, their CSR went crazy high, like 3000 or so! While everyone else starts out at 1700 max. Will this be fixed or will they keep their undeserved CSR?
Something happened yesterday when people played during the reset. Some people got their CSR after the first game. And the thing is, their CSR went crazy high, like 3000 or so! While everyone else starts out at 1700 max. Will this be fixed or will they keep their undeserved CSR?
We're aware of this and it should be fixed soon.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
XCASZDF wrote:
So you reset everyone? for what? then i go to play another game of arena and i got disconnected from the local network, feel free to reset that game to this is STUPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
It was either reset everyone or no one. Hunting and resetting only those affecting would have been prohibitively expensive.

So rather than proceed with a broken season, we reset ASAP.
Hello, I played 10 placement games yesterday and got my rank in Slayer, but when I checked today it says I haven't played any placement matches. Can someone look into this for me please? I would greatly appreciate it. Here's the 10th placement game: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/3c9ca76d-ca04-4724-8848-c3013065c4ac/players/bhanginh0?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
Hello, I played 10 placement games yesterday and got my rank in Slayer, but when I checked today it says I haven't played any placement matches. Can someone look into this for me please? I would greatly appreciate it. Here's the 10th placement game: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/3c9ca76d-ca04-4724-8848-c3013065c4ac/players/bhanginh0?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
I'm sure this is related to the issue that was just raised in the previous posts. There was a bug in the reset where not everyone got reset, so looks like they have initiated a SECOND reset today, and everyone is back at square 1 again. Mine have also been reset today, after I completed my placement matches yesterday.
Read above.
ZaedynFel wrote:
OK, I found in the last 20 matches you've had one Diamond in your match, although that Diamond player was put on your team, not your opponent, and your team lost. Also, the system at the time expected that Diamond player to actually perform more like a Platinum player, and expected you to also almost perform like a Platinum player (you'd had a good tear).

So the system thought the two of you were close enough to put on the same team.

It also looks like most of your matches have been close with the exception of 1 or 2, which is normal.

The matchmaker allows a gap of around 1 whole CSR rank, so it's not unusual for players who have been playing at the high Gold level recently to match with Diamond players who have been playing more like Platinum players in their recent history.

You may argue that at the time your CSR was "Gold 1" Even so, your MMR was near Platinum. The system hadn't classified you as higher Gold yet because it wants to be "sure", that's what CSR is for.

MMR is what the system expects of you, CSR is what you've actually earned.

Over the course of your next few games you showed you might not deserve that CSR, although the system still has hope for you, so if you keep pushing, you'll be back in Gold soon.
Thanks for the info. Wasn't my post but I learned a bit from your response.
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
I'm sure this is related to the issue that was just raised in the previous posts. There was a bug in the reset where not everyone got reset, so looks like they have initiated a SECOND reset today, and everyone is back at square 1 again. Mine have also been reset today, after I completed my placement matches yesterday.
Whoa, okay. Thanks for the explanation! Not ideal but I guess I have to play the placement games again :(
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5