OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
Hi Josh,

I just did the 10 placements matches with my friend and I don't understand what happens. Last season we played well, at the end we were good (for us) as we gained both the diamond rank, and we had some good streaks of wins (like 15 in a row).
And this season during the placement matchs we were completly outplayed (only 2 victories), and when I look at the rank of our opponents the last seasons, they were champion or onyx, this is a little bit unfair. I know that there is the MMR but same, the difference is big.
Any explanation ?
Without looking at the exact matches, I see your MMR is creeping up towards Onyx, so it's not super surprising you played against some.

Also, if a low Onyx parties with a Champion, they will match low enough at times to hit up and coming Diamond players.

If I low Onyx parties with a Champion and a Platinum, it's even more likely.
Hey Josh, long time fan of FFA here with a few questions:

1) Why the change of Power Weapons for Mercy?, kind of irritating this change has taken place without informing the players who like FFA. Is there any other changes we dont know or aren't in informed of? 3 Power Weapons between 6 people is ridiculous and ruins the flow of FFA for that map, 1 sniper was fine, but with a beam rifle, a grav hammer and a SAW, we may as well play FFA Super Fiesta.

2) Did something happen in the recent update to server connections? Im 7 games into my FFA placements and each game has been more like watching the Bleach anime than playing Halo, due to people teleporting around the map like they just aquired flash step, it making very unenjoyable to play. My best guess is I'm getting connect to servers in Mexico from the gamertags Im seeing. But I never had this issue in the previous season this consistently.

3) Before the 2nd season reset I was only ranked Diamond 2 (abit of a step down from my Onyx last season) but now after the 2nd reset, through my 7 games everyone has felt like Im playing High Onyx, is there a reason for these match ups? Normally Id have 2-3 wins by now but this damn right annoying, High Onyx players and some players with trash connections does not make a good match.

Any information you can provide will helpful thank you.
I can't speak to the map setup (though people who can are reading this) or the server stuff (same).

For placement, are you talking about FFA or Proving Grounds? Your FFA performance has been good lately. Proving Grounds is brand new for everyone, so the system is completely relearning everyone from scratch. This causes things to be a bit bumpy for a few days.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5