2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
PR0mark wrote:
  • No ban if someone has already left
What about those times when the game starts with only 3 players?
  • You still lose the same amount of CSR as a normal loss.
Why? You're in a lose-lose situation. If you leave your CSR drops and if you stay your K/D gets thrashed. This is stupid.
KD doesn't mean anything except for Epeen, so there's that. You know if your kd is good or not without the record.

If you didn't lose the same, you queue as 4, 1 man quits early to bite the bullet, the other 3 get off without a drop for a loss you deserved.

Too exploitable even beyond my primitive example. It works this way in all competitive games, so it's not enough of a set back to prevent good players from ranking up.
ZaedynFel wrote:
PR0mark wrote:
Why? You're in a lose-lose situation. If you leave your CSR drops and if you stay your K/D gets thrashed. This is stupid.
If it starts with only 3 players, that means there WAS a 4th player, but they left during loading. In these cases, you're safe to leave.

You have to lose CSR, otherwise it would be trivial to exploit, especially when in a party:
  • Are we losing? Convince whoever's turn it is to leave early
  • Everyone else leaves without losing CSR
  • With 50/50 matchmaking, where your CSR should not be going up or down you net +30 CSR every 8 games and constantly go up. (-30 once for everyone on their turn, and +15 to everyone for 4 wins = 4 * 15 - 30 = 60 - 30 = +30 points per 8 games when it should be +0)
Thanks for explaining. I don't think in terms of how to cheat the system so I didn't realize people would.
These changes all sound great. Can't wait :)
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Will the MMR criteria in the HCS playlist be narrowed down? I'm playing far too many god-level players and can't even touch that playlist anymore.
no changes to ffa like removing the its harder for diamonds to get into onyx if you leginimately earned your way up, or removing losing csr if you finish top 3?
The FFA changes were part of the inflation fixes.

You will usually get CSR for 1-3, lose for 4-6.

It will also be much much harder than ever to get into Onyx. We had too many in Onyx because of the bug. It will reduce to around 4% total being able to get in, closer to the originally intention.
In the future, id like for you guys to consider taking out grenade hit makers and splinter grenades, at least for the HCS playlist, also increased pistol ammo at start would be beneficial, my apologies if either of these changes have been made without me noticing.
Will the MMR criteria in the HCS playlist be narrowed down? I'm playing far too many god-level players and can't even touch that playlist anymore.
HCS is pretty narrow (1 Rank).

But HCS players are much better on average than, e.g., Team Arena players, so it'll take longer for the system to float you down to where you belong.
In the future, id like for you guys to consider taking out grenade hit makers and splinter grenades, at least for the HCS playlist, also increased pistol ammo at start would be beneficial, my apologies if either of these changes have been made without me noticing.
Increased pistol ammo already in, splinter have been out for awhile, hit markers are still in, but the rest of the HCS changes have balanced them out well so far.
Does this affect btb at all? Curious because it really sucks playing 8v1 after one team all quits out and there is one guy who just doesn't want to quit ( I don't blame him).

Especially slayer. 10 minutes messing about on the map, kinda boring. At least in objective modes you can quickly end a lopsided game less painfully.
no changes to ffa like removing the its harder for diamonds to get into onyx if you leginimately earned your way up, or removing losing csr if you finish top 3?
If you meant removing radar in ffa then i am with you, the radar encourages too many people to camp and wait to see a red dot, with all the beautiful graphics and game play H5 brings, you dont want players resorting to staring at the bottom left of their screen 24/7.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Increased pistol ammo already in, splinter have been out for awhile, hit markers are still in, but the rest of the HCS changes have balanced them out well so far.
Excellent, thanks for the response, i bring up grenade hit makers because its an issue within the competitive community, people dont like when players are rewarded with knowing another players location when they shouldn't, people throw random grenades all the time and i personally cant stand when the former example takes place.
Nemerith wrote:
PR0mark wrote:
KD doesn't mean anything except for Epeen, so there's that. You know if your kd is good or not without the record.

If you didn't lose the same, you queue as 4, 1 man quits early to bite the bullet, the other 3 get off without a drop for a loss you deserved.

Too exploitable even beyond my primitive example. It works this way in all competitive games, so it's not enough of a set back to prevent good players from ranking up.
Not to mention the fact that, especially in slayer games, its entirely possible to win 3v4 if you outclass the other team. Generally players aren't quitting "just cause", they are quitting because they are getting -Yoink- on and odds are you were going to lose that match anyway.
The changes Sound nice :).
Not sure if u are the right Person to contact but the req Services are absolute trash atm since 3 days people can rarely ever Use their reqs in Warzone.

The Problem is that there either on retrieving Data infinitly or the game wont notice the selection at all.
ZaedynFel wrote:
HCS is pretty narrow (1 Rank).

But HCS players are much better on average than, e.g., Team Arena players, so it'll take longer for the system to float you down to where you belong.
Will HCS be a permanent playlist now or will it replace Team Arena at some point?
This is great but I would love to hear some news about an upcoming halo 5 update!
Hey Josh, excited for the updates.

I played a bunch of Halo this weekend and only got a couple of bad server games. Is there any way to show to the end user what server is being used, or what the average ping is? Luckily, the laggiest game I can remember, we tied 1-1 in CTF; but it felt like every time we had a major push going, it would lag at the precise time we needed our shots to count.
Great News Menke!
ZaedynFel wrote:
You know Josh all of this sounds great but without fully working servers this wont mean much, btw have you got any, literally any idea of when the recent issues will be fixed in regards to the servers?
Is this every match for you? Or just some?

Can you link some matches this happened in?
Since around a week ago when servers started to break, quality of games dropped, hit registration was poor, lagging, rubber-banding, significantly longer search time. I even tried Focused searching, match quality has never been this bad, and this is without the Sync Errors, FB HOPPER showing in place of playlists and other bugs and errors that have too place since the start of these server issues and REQ issues in Warzone.
Thanks Josh!!! Soft forfeit is a godsend for objective games that either start or end up being lopsided. Virtually unwinnable unless the other team is REALLY bad.

Really appreciate the 'open door policy' that you have and the information that you convey to us!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8