1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
I think we've all been waiting for this... Now, maybe a low-priority queue for quitters like LoL has?
You know Josh all of this sounds great but without fully working servers this wont mean much, btw have you got any, literally any idea of when the recent issues will be fixed in regards to the servers?
No server issues for me
I've been having a problem the past season where I would go to the game starting screen in the lobby and then it will show just the black loading screen endlessly untill I quit the build and when this happens I never load into games and it apparently counts as a quit so my ranks have been completely screwed up. Even have clips of this happening in my dvr.
Does this affect Halo Wars 2?
ZaedynFel wrote:
We have a new season on the horizon, so for this update I’m going to list the new changes going in this season, and also summarize the updates we’ve made up till now.

I don’t have an exact ETA on the season roll, but it should be later this week. When it does roll, the “new” features will be live. The other features are already live.

New Features that will be live with the Season Roll:
  • Soft Forfeit
    • It will be "safe" to leave if someone has already left the match (from either team).
    • No need to stay on to prevent a ban or extra point loss.
    • No ban if someone has already left
    • No extra CSR loss penalty if someone has already left.
    • You still lose the same amount of CSR as a normal loss.
    • Leavers always lose CSR, regardless of how their team does after, so it’s better to stay if you’re on the winning / advantaged team until the other team leaves.
  • Reduced early-season wait times for higher-skilled players
    • High-skilled players sometimes get MMRs that are higher than is needed.
    • These will now be truncated to a reasonable value at the beginning of the season.
    • They are still high enough to prevent very uneven matches, but low enough to allow more timely matchmaking.
  • Even Stricter CSR boundaries: Onyx population reduced again
    • The previously fixed inflation bug had inflated this despite the changes.
    • We should see even stricter boundaries in the new season
Features live now:
  • Expanded Switching back to Balanced bug is fixed
  • CSR inflation drastically reduced
  • CSR smurfing incentives greatly reduced
  • Better CSR gains for high-skilled players early in the season
  • Reduced wait times for SWAT and FFA
This should be a great season!
This all sounds great but there is one point mentioned that I (and probably many others) feel you are still getting wrong. People are creating smurf accounts for not one but TWO reasons. One obviously being the matchmaking issue which is great, but the other is that people feel their shot is better on a smurf, which leads to my next point being a server issue. There seems to be issues with the servers overall that need to be addressed over everything else mentioned. If you have players who are having to change their sensitivity according to the server they are playing on is unacceptable.

How do you expect people to come through the ranks and make this game more competitive if most of the players are experiencing heavy aim or constant sensitivity crisis' due to the quality of the servers provided? Worry about the niddy-griddy game settings AFTER the server issues have been resolved. Halo 5 will do so much better if the servers were attended to, I can give you a 100% guarantee on that.

Don't get me wrong, we as a community are happy for these changes but the priorities feel as though they are a tad off.

Thanks
Wait but is there any news of upcoming updates for halo 5 because I would love to know.
Dude, you're the man. Keep up the awesome work.
Necr0tiq wrote:
This all sounds great but there is one point mentioned that I (and probably many others) feel you are still getting wrong. People are creating smurf accounts for not one but TWO reasons. One obviously being the matchmaking issue which is great, but the other is that people feel their shot is better on a smurf, which leads to my next point being a server issue. There seems to be issues with the servers overall that need to be addressed over everything else mentioned. If you have players who are having to change their sensitivity according to the server they are playing on is unacceptable.

How do you expect people to come through the ranks and make this game more competitive if most of the players are experiencing heavy aim or constant sensitivity crisis' due to the quality of the servers provided? Worry about the niddy-griddy game settings AFTER the server issues have been resolved. Halo 5 will do so much better if the servers were attended to, I can give you a 100% guarantee on that.

Don't get me wrong, we as a community are happy for these changes but the priorities feel as though they are a tad off.

Thanks
We are definitely working on the heavy aim issues. Though that has no impact on my work, and my work has no impact on theirs. They're working as best they can on it.

To your point about priorities, I think there's something about game development that, from the outside looking in, may be hard to understand.

The issues you are suggesting I prioritize aren't ones that I can personally work on or contribute to. Whereas the changes I've brought up here, are. I work on what I can, and those folks work on those issues separately in parallel. If I gave up and waited for them to finish first, they wouldn't get done any faster.

But I'm not going to wait for them to finish if I can get some of these needed changes out right away.
Still after all this time you guys haven't put in a solo queing rank playlist? Please this is much needed for people who frequently solo que.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Necr0tiq wrote:

Thanks
We are definitely working on the heavy aim issues. Though that has no impact on my work, and my work has no impact on theirs. They're working as best they can on it.

To your point about priorities, I think there's something about game development that, from the outside looking in, may be hard to understand.

The issues you are suggesting I prioritize aren't ones that I can personally work on or contribute to. Whereas the changes I've brought up here, are. I work on what I can, and those folks work on those issues separately in parallel. If I gave up and waited for them to finish first, they wouldn't get done any faster.

But I'm not going to wait for them to finish if I can get some of these needed changes out right away.
Josh. I think these new changes sound fantastic. I totally like the sound of them. I also cant wait for the heavy aim slow movement fix either(as you already know lol.) But with that said I do feel you guys/gals are doing what you can. While I'm totally plagued by this heavy aim issue severely I still am keeping the faith in a fix! Also I give you a high five for your good communication on here answering questions sometimes even answering them more then once. I'm sure there are times you feel your talking in circles. But good job for continuing to keep at it. Again these new features sound very good. Keep it up!
Zippy.
Is soft-forfeit also active in the WZ and social playlists? Just wondering if i can now safely quit out of farm-fests when trip capped at my core, without risking a ban.

Also, will there be any attempt to introduce a "rejoin game after lag-out" option, in H5? Especially for ranked games. I would LOVE to rejoin ranked games that I lag out of (and my teammates would also love it).

Thanks for all you do!
UPDATE: Soft Forfeit is now live (early)
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
Is soft-forfeit also active in the WZ and social playlists? Just wondering if i can now safely quit out of farm-fests when trip capped at my core, without risking a ban.

Thanks for all you do!
It's not, but that's worth discussing. Usually it's not needed because of backfill, but in farming situations I can see a case.

Ideally we'd detect the farm and action, or update the mode, but that would be difficult for now.
Freezetyle wrote:
You know Josh all of this sounds great but without fully working servers this wont mean much, btw have you got any, literally any idea of when the recent issues will be fixed in regards to the servers?
No server issues for me
Well lucky you then, this past week has had a outbreak of posts on these issues, tbh I feel we're going down the same route as MCC, no communication between Player and Developer, I expect soon we'll also stop seeing updates and then once all the kinks in the game are worked out the population will dead. Seriously what is going on with 343?
What about servers and lag problem !
ZaedynFel wrote:
Features live now:
Can someone explain this one to me? What is CSR inflation and how is it being drastically reduced?
ZaedynFel wrote:
UPDATE 2: Soft Forfeit is now LIVE. Looks like this got in early.UPDATE 1: Season Roll is May 4thWe have a new season on the horizon, so for this update I’m going to list the new changes going in this season, and also summarize the updates we’ve made up till now.

I don’t have an exact ETA on the season roll, but it should be later this week. When it does roll, the “new” features will be live. The other features are already live.

New Features that will be live with the Season Roll:
  • Soft Forfeit
    • It will be "safe" to leave if someone has already left the match (from either team).
    • Leavers always lose CSR, regardless of how their team does after, so it’s better to stay if you’re on the winning / advantaged team until the other team leaves.
  • Reduced early-season wait times for higher-skilled players
    • High-skilled players sometimes get MMRs that are higher than is needed.
    • These will now be truncated to a reasonable value at the beginning of the season.
    • They are still high enough to prevent very uneven matches, but low enough to allow more timely matchmaking.
  • Even Stricter CSR boundaries: Onyx population reduced again
    • The previously fixed inflation bug had inflated this despite the changes.
    • We should see even stricter boundaries in the new season
Features live now:
  • Expanded Switching back to Balanced bug is fixed
  • CSR smurfing incentives greatly reduced
  • Better CSR gains for high-skilled players early in the season
  • Reduced wait times for SWAT and FFA
This should be a great season!
sounds gud
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
ZaedynFel wrote:
  • Soft Forfeit
How will this work in terms of people reporting you for quitting? Will you still get avoid me reputation for quitting 3v4? I only ask because I've played a lot of unfair games 3v4 this season and quite out of many and I'm almost reputation banned.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8