[Locked] Matchmaking Feedback Update – May 1

OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. ...
  6. 8
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Great! Please make all ranked settings in line with/more in line with HCS, especially FFA, which may need its own version/tweaks (#1 = no or new radar).
ZaedynFel wrote:
Juckor wrote:
Is the 'Team Arena' playlist being replaced with the HCS playlist?
We wouldn't make a decision like that without observing the health of both lists over time.
Fair enough. I'd love to see the stats for how many people are playing Team Arena now that the HCS playlist has been around for a while. If only we had a population indicator for the playlists haha!
What does CSR smurfing incentvies greatly reduced mean?
This should help explain that, this was from an update a couple weeks ago. Hope it helps.
Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.
Spoiler:
Show
Party Restrictions would still be nice. I feel like it's more important than what was just added, the whole quitting out after a teammate did not to be punished with a ban thing. Can party restrictions please be focused next?
This should help explain that, this was from an update a couple weeks ago. Hope it helps.
Very helpful. Thank you.
Hey Josh,
the issues ive seen are; specifically warzone it will black screen as we transition from lobby to active game, and either my friend enters the game and i remain in black screen and vice versa, or we both remain in black screen. this is resolved by us dashboarding and quittig the whole game and restarting. ive experienced this to the point of every other game sometimes but it happens every night and we play every night. as for lag ive experienced the Nightcrawler effect numerous times. not nearly as horrific as black screen of death. i even uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

on a side note, please give us Warzone Turbo as a permanent or at least more frequent playlist. we have spent hundreds of dollars and hours to obtain vast quantities and selection to enjoy Turbo, if there is something that can be done we would be so grateful, thanks.

EDIT; thanks for the soft forfeit, i dont support quitting the game with few exceptions, but an emergency happens its nice to not be destroyed because Halo isnt priority over mom or bathroom or whatever.
Spoiler:
Show
Hmmm... Is Josh sick today? I ask because he usually posts the new MATCHMAKING FEEDBACK UPDATE by now on Mondays.
eLantern wrote:
Hmmm... Is Josh sick today? I ask because he usually posts the new MATCHMAKING FEEDBACK UPDATE by now on Mondays.
Nah, I'm OK. It'll be a little later today is all.
So far I'd call this season far from great. The biggest issue I've ever heard with H3 MM (which is generally considered to be superior among veteran players) was being level locked. I have to say I've never felt that effect ever but I do now with the supposedly better "updated" ranking.

To my knowledge the general consensus is that SR and CSR are not relative in terms of MM parameters. But ironically enough, when matched against high SR players (140+) my buddy and I got our -Yoinks!- handed to us, playing both ranked and unranked opponents. We experienced the same results when matching players with extremely low SR (50 or less, IE Smurfs), also ranked and unranked.

I'm struggling to see the improved consistency in matching closely skilled opponents, if there is any at all.

And on a side note, why can we play for 6 hrs straight, never leaving the doubles lobby, and only ever see 4/5 maps only to play them over and over?!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. ...
  6. 8