Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

[Locked] Matchmaking Feedback Update – May 15

OP ZaedynFel

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Hey folks. Between the big updates the last couple weeks, and HCS over the weekend, I don’t have much in the way of actual new updates today.

This post is mostly so you know I'm still alive and kicking, and to provide a place to chat this week.

If you have questions you want to re-hash, feel free to post here and I’ll get to the ones I can answer either directly, or in next week’s post.

We’re working hard on the work we’ve already discussed, and will update when we have more to say.
I did have some questions last week that I wouldn't mind answered. If they're anything you can help with of course.

Quote:
First of all, thanks for the updates on heavy aim. I've personally lost a lot of controllers trying to prove heavy aim existed or by modifying them to feel better for playing halo 5. After killing two elites and an Xbox s controller I'm ready for the aiming to feel good.

You say that heavy aim occurs when you get yourself into a certain state. I constantly experience heavy aim depending on which playlist I play. For instance team skirmish and BTB feel sluggish for me whereas Team Arena and Action Sack feel buttery smooth. When the time is right, would I be able to get an explanation for this?

Also, I was the person that made the video which seemed to demonstrate heavy aim using a relay. Since making that video people have tried to prove my method with an arduino and a Cronus max. Nothing conclusive came of it, so I'd like to know if there's any way you could find out from someone much smater than us what was actually happening in our tests? Were we demonstrating heavy aim or was it something else entirely? A lot of us have spent time and money trying to figure this out so an explanation would make it feel like less of a waste, for me at least.
Tashi mentioned that 343i would be providing an update on the full release of the "heavy aim" fix shortly after the Daytona event. Just wondering if you knew whether that would be coming today?

He also mentioned that the supposed fix was given to some top HCS Pros (at the Daytona event) for hands-on time with it in order to provide feedback. Have you heard anything on how that went? I suppose any answer you could provide on this would be tied-in with the update.

One last question(s) I have regards whether or not you've heard anything or could share anything on when the next big content update is suppose to drop for Halo 5? And is it expected be the last big content update?
eLantern wrote:
Tashi mentioned that 343i would be providing an update on the full release of the "heavy aim" fix shortly after the Daytona event. Just wondering if you knew whether that would be coming today?

He also mentioned that the supposed fix was given to some top HCS Pros (at the Daytona event) for hands-on time with it in order to provide feedback. Have you heard anything on how that went? I suppose any answer you could provide on this would be tied-in with the update.

One last question I have regards whether or not you've heard anything or could share anything on when the next big content update is suppose to drop for Halo 5? And is it expected be the last big content update?
Falcated sent out a tweet saying that the heavy aim fix felt absolutely amazing. I didn't see/hear anything from other pros though.
Hey Josh! Are there any plans to add the FFA settings used in Daytona to general matchmaking?
ZaedynFel wrote:
This post is mostly so you know I'm still alive and kicking, and to provide a place to chat this week.
Well that's certainly good to know. I hope you had a lovely weekend! :)
MIb2347 wrote:
I did have some questions last week that I wouldn't mind answered. If they're anything you can help with of course.

Quote:
First of all, thanks for the updates on heavy aim. I've personally lost a lot of controllers trying to prove heavy aim existed or by modifying them to feel better for playing halo 5. After killing two elites and an Xbox s controller I'm ready for the aiming to feel good.

You say that heavy aim occurs when you get yourself into a certain state. I constantly experience heavy aim depending on which playlist I play. For instance team skirmish and BTB feel sluggish for me whereas Team Arena and Action Sack feel buttery smooth. When the time is right, would I be able to get an explanation for this?

Also, I was the person that made the video which seemed to demonstrate heavy aim using a relay. Since making that video people have tried to prove my method with an arduino and a Cronus max. Nothing conclusive came of it, so I'd like to know if there's any way you could find out from someone much smater than us what was actually happening in our tests? Were we demonstrating heavy aim or was it something else entirely? A lot of us have spent time and money trying to figure this out so an explanation would make it feel like less of a waste, for me at least.
Yeah, I'd be the wrong guy to get into the technical details. The high level explanations I've seen seem to show that what you are saying could happen --- being smooth in some places and worse in others --- but I don't know the details enough to fairly comment.

Stay tuned though.
Exenius wrote:
Hey Josh! Are there any plans to add the FFA settings used in Daytona to general matchmaking?
Currently, no, though it's something we are evaluating.

One of the concerns here is that where HCS is clearly the playlist for what we have at, well, HCS, FFA is not.

FFA has folks from all over the game, not just HCS types of people, so doing a major settings change could negatively impact a large portion of that audience.
eLantern wrote:
Tashi mentioned that 343i would be providing an update on the full release of the "heavy aim" fix shortly after the Daytona event. Just wondering if you knew whether that would be coming today?

He also mentioned that the supposed fix was given to some top HCS Pros (at the Daytona event) for hands-on time with it in order to provide feedback. Have you heard anything on how that went? I suppose any answer you could provide on this would be tied-in with the update.

One last question(s) I have regards whether or not you've heard anything or could share anything on when the next big content update is suppose to drop for Halo 5? And is it expected be the last big content update?
I don't know the answers to any of these, unfortunately. While I was able to catch a bit of HCS (watched some from a plane I was on), I wasn't there in person to see the reactions to the current state of the fix.
If I'm standing behind snickerdoodle and people are firing at her, why do the bullets curve around and only hit me?

We've come to call the phenomenon #FiveLuck
Ka Five wrote:
If I'm standing behind snickerdoodle and people are firing at her, why do the bullets curve around and only hit me?

We've come to call the phenomenon #FiveLuck
#fiveluck
Ka Five wrote:
If I'm standing behind snickerdoodle and people are firing at her, why do the bullets curve around and only hit me?

We've come to call the phenomenon #FiveLuck
That's some bad luck ya got their Ka.
Hey Josh. Just curious if the new HCS Summer Playlist is indeed working as planned in terms of matchmaking. I've been having very even games so far.

Also, curious if it's possible to add in more maps/gametypes/settings to Team Arena to make it more interesting.
Hey Josh I'm sure this is an everyday question, but I'm wondering when do you think the aim patch will be out? Within the week? 2 weeks? A month? Thanks for doing these every week I speak for everyone when I say it's very appreciated.
I was wondering if there has been any progress/conversation about reducing the amount of placement matches. Every season they are just so hard to get through with quitting, people on smurf accounts, etc. Limiting new accounts(smurfs) to enter matchmaking at a certain csr would also be nice change.
Still waiting for a reply on why game chat is so broken, can't hear anyone in lobbies...
ZaedynFel wrote:
Exenius wrote:
Hey Josh! Are there any plans to add the FFA settings used in Daytona to general matchmaking?
Currently, no, though it's something we are evaluating.

One of the concerns here is that where HCS is clearly the playlist for what we have at, well, HCS, FFA is not.

FFA has folks from all over the game, not just HCS types of people, so doing a major settings change could negatively impact a large portion of that audience.
First and foremost nobody plays ffa. It is a dead Playlist. So any change would be for the better. Try and search for a game and half the time u can't even find one. You guys already acknowledged that some of the weapons are unbalanced but yet you keep them in the ranked ffa Playlist? More importantly if you want to see the HCS grow wouldn't u match your tournament settings with the Playlist. Were r people suppose to get consistent practice? Changing the settings would probably bring in more players. Don't u guys even care about your tournament players?
There needs to be an option to turn of grenade hitmarkers. Leave it to the social/warzone kids, but it should be turned off for competitive play.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Exenius wrote:
...
...
Where are people suppose to get consistent practice?
Just throwing this out there... the Custom Browser? You could host matches with the HCS settings you're looking for. You could go to Beyond Entertainment's forums, ESL's forums, Reddit's competitive Halo discussions, and Halo Customs to coordinate a practice and advertise when you were planning to host; plus, you can seek out other like minded individuals here (on HaloWaypoint) as well as other Halo sites in hopes of getting a group of players together. Not to mention, there are Xbox Clubs that might be helpful for locating and reaching out to interested players.

Admittedly, it's not the easiest thing to do but it is an option and probably your best bet to play the FFA settings you prefer since as ZaedynFel mentioned the FFA playlist has folks in it from all over the game, not just HCS types, so doing a major settings change would likely negatively impact a large portion of that audience and 343i don't want to do that nor do I imagine they'd want to create an extra FFA playlist.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Exenius wrote:
Hey Josh! Are there any plans to add the FFA settings used in Daytona to general matchmaking?
Currently, no, though it's something we are evaluating.

One of the concerns here is that where HCS is clearly the playlist for what we have at, well, HCS, FFA is not.

FFA has folks from all over the game, not just HCS types of people, so doing a major settings change could negatively impact a large portion of that audience.
First and foremost nobody plays ffa. It is a dead Playlist. So any change would be for the better. Try and search for a game and half the time u can't even find one. You guys already acknowledged that some of the weapons are unbalanced but yet you keep them in the ranked ffa Playlist? More importantly if you want to see the HCS grow wouldn't u match your tournament settings with the Playlist. Were r people suppose to get consistent practice? Changing the settings would probably bring in more players. Don't u guys even care about your tournament players?
I agree, nobody wants to play the FFA playlist these days. But updating it to current HCS settings would bring in a lot more players. As for people who want to play social FFA give them a social playlist. Therefore, there would be no significant negative impact on the FFA audience. In fact you'd probably see more people playing the new HCS FFA playlist and having bigger turnouts at HCS Events for the FFA tournaments.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4