Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

[Locked] Matchmaking Feedback Update – May 21

OP ZaedynFel

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 40
VinTaGeZz wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
VinTaGeZz wrote:
I still dont understand why Halo isn't bringing back the High Skill 1-50 system. Is there a special reason for?
Halo 5 already uses the same system under the hood as Halo:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update-%e2%80%93-march-27/7d7a1605-3aab-41ff-9950-95a9afbc29bc/posts?page=1#post2
Thank you

But I still dont like the H5 system.
I still like the numbers 1-50 more. It was such harder to get a 50 in H3. A diamond 3 in H5 is to easy. There is nothing to fight for. Every season a new reset. A 50 in H3 was a lifetime goal. You need to own it. And to deal with 50s which are better then other 50s.
I don't know how to describe. But the system in H5 feels wrong. Feels like cod. Playing for nothing.
Try to get Onyx then, and then Champ.
Swerve LC wrote:
So am I right on this basically everyone isn’t in their right rank? That I mainly solo que and will be anywhere from low to mid onyx and your telling me that’s not my rank because when I win I don’t move up. But the system matchmakes me play champs because we are actually on the same level but the team of champs are in a team which gives them a great advantage vs someone like me who mainly solo ques and although mostly likely I will carry now a days your telling me I may be a diamond even tho I can hold my own with some champs if I have decent teammates. But that the reason I always get bad teammates is because they are not in their right rank which I feel is true because diamonds are really easy to beat. But just recently I will search with at least one person and I can win consistently with help.

All all in all everyone is in wrong rank which causes for you to always get that one or two teammates who are really bad. But that hasn’t stopped the ranking system from pairing me with them even today I always get bad teammates I know how to stay with my team I know how to teamshoot I know how to move around the map but im no onyx player I don’t get it if I had a team I could consistently win almost every game. But I always get bad teammates and the system is failing from what I’m seeing the game is matchmaking me with low people and I’m know for sure I’m no scrub when you can drop on average 14 and 8 in ranked solo queing in slayer currently low onyx right now like around 1617 or something because I dropped like a rock for winning like 4 games then losing 1 so I quit playing. And warzone I average like 60-70 kills now something like that. But I’m not a high lv player I don’t get it yea I will quit a few matches here and there because I get really really dum teammates and I’m being punished for it.

A few questions
1) how does one increase MMR
2) does quitting games affect mmr
3) if champs are not champs and are actually on my level then why when I play one it’s like the sweatest game I have to try way harder than normal( I’m not taking away from champs who are actually beasts)
4) if people are in their wrong rank why do I always get bad teammates every game(it’s always that one guy who always die or just sits and watches me die doesn’t lend a hand and doesn’t keep control of certain points doesn’t keep track of when power up respawns)

343 I know for a fact half these kids are cheating the game but the true 2 system is good but today I have grinding and winning playing full teams and I lose a lot but when I win I get both. I’m all for change but I know this is some crap you pulling
Not everyone is the wrong rank, but there are some who are. Carried players are inflated, solo players are mostly correct except some are deflated.

1) You increase MMR by outperforming your usual behavior. Win when not expected, get more kills than expected, don't die as much, don't rage quit when expected, etc.
2) Yes, quitting can affect your MMR and CSR negatively. Depends on the situation though.
3) Because you are about the same skill. If they were actual Champs, you'd get, like, 50-10 or worse, and 100-0, and 3-0, etc.
4) Both teams get an equal balance of good/ bad teammates. The less popular the playlist, the worse they are (and the better the best player is)
Wahadinho wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Wahadinho wrote:
Is something broken or this is ”the new way”.
It's explained in the OP. The game is trying to correct inflated or deflated CSR ranks.

-----

Josh, I've been noticing lately in BTB that there will usually only be one or two higher skilled people on each team and the rest will be around average or below average skill. Is that supposed to be happening cause it's reminding me of the previous skill system days before you tightened everything up. I'm not complaining, but it just feels kind of odd when I haven't had that for awhile.
The game is broken.

Well playing solo against onyxes and getting my rank like that is very, very,very inflated rank I must admit.

Also, a party of onyxes leaving now without any penalty after 10:4 in our favour and me getting 1 CSR because they left is really really fair, like REALLY fair.

It's not my problem that they are leaving.
Also, this started happening like two days ago, not 10 days ago when OT was made.
When people leave on you, your MMR will be protected. Once your CSR gets back to where it should be, then leavers will have very little affect on it.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Wahadinho wrote:
Is something broken or this is ”the new way”.
It's explained in the OP. The game is trying to correct inflated or deflated CSR ranks.

-----

Josh, I've been noticing lately in BTB that there will usually only be one or two higher skilled people on each team and the rest will be around average or below average skill. Is that supposed to be happening cause it's reminding me of the previous skill system days before you tightened everything up. I'm not complaining, but it just feels kind of odd when I haven't had that for awhile.
We did have to do some loosening in BTB, mostly to support lower pop times of the day.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Okay, now I have to ask... what is my MMR in Slayer?
Plat 6 alone, though you could push to Diamond with a decent party.
So, in other words, right now I'm right where I'm supposed to be.

But... Why was I ranked in at Diamond 4 at the beginning of the season? Was that a glitch/bug related to the over-inflation one, or a different bug? Or has my MMR really dropped that much since the beginning of the season? (I wouldn't mind if you were to post a graph, either.)
Boomy EU wrote:
How easy is it to increase your MMR? Does it take 100s of games or does it change dramatically per game? For example if I was a diamond 3 in HCS and then played like a god for the next 10 games how much would my MMR increase?

Earlier I was running with a slayer team and and we dominated every game yet I only went up one point. I was not being carried apart from one game when they all quit and I was practising jumps so went 1-4 or something is it that the population is to low to give us high Mmr players?
It can go up much faster than CSR, but you have to perform better than expected. If you dominate, but it expected you to dominate, you won't go up.

For example, a Diamond getting 12 kills against a Diamond team is pretty average.

But a Diamond getting 22 kills against the same team starts to look Onyx.
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Corxpt wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
As it is right now, we see csr inflation. Instead of grinding upwards in rank, we are seeing players going downwards. What you believe to remedy the inflation (even though it is) ends up discouraging players from even getting on halo altogether.
Players not going up but going down in CSR have inflated CSRs, meaning their CSRs are not accurate representations of their skills. So if they don't want to get on, it means they'd rather keep their fake skill over their true skill, because it makes them seem better than they are to everyone else. So what you're saying is that people care more about how other players think of them than actually playing the game itself.

Give people a system where everyone can get the rank they want and they complain it's meaningless. Give them a system that shows their true skill and they complain because they hate to be told they're not as good as they'd hoped they are. It's a lose-lose scenario.
Well, what about all of the other players who are high-level players and their ranks actually do accurately represent their skills but now with this new system we can't even play because of the one csr gain after every win? I literally ran into two High Onyx and Champ teams last night and we all agreed on one thing. There's no point in grinding the game right now because we gain nothing out of it. Currently, I am an Onyx 1828 in Slayer and I can't even grind for champ anymore because the new system believes I am not a good enough player to hold the rank... If I am beating some of the top guys in the playlists, and your system apparently thinks that their ranks don't accurately represent them either who am I suppose to beat to prove that my rank is accurate? This new system is only hurting the population even more.
If you're a high-tier player and only gaining 1 CSR per win, it could means one of two things:
  1. Your CSR isn't actually an accurate reflection of your skill after all.
  2. You won a match against weaker enemies, so since you were expected to win you didn't really show that you increased in skill.
Again, the change rolled out only affects people with inflated CSRs, so if you're affected, it means your CSR is too high. It may be a hard pill to swallow, but ask yourself what you want from a ranking system: something that accurately represents your skill, or something that just makes you look good to other people?

You say you consistently beat the top people in the playlist, but if they also have inflated CSR then they aren't really the top players. And if they do happen to be the top players, then what would happen behind the scenes is that your MMR will go up every time you win, even if your CSR doesn't. So when you MMR catches up, you'll start gaining more CSR again if you keep winning.
I don't believe I said I consistently beat any kind of player or skill level? Did I say that somewhere? I added an edit to my last reply you may have not seen. Can you read the last part and maybe give your 2 cents on it?

And yea, of course we want our skill represented properly. It's how it's being done that's the issue.
That reply wasn't to you but to someone else.

"How it's being done" now is that skill is being more accurately measured than eve before, but since public rank and true skill aren't necessarily the same for some people, a change was rolled out to make them the same. Why didn't 343i just end the current season and start a new one? Who knows. I'm sure they considered that option when figuring out how to address the issue. If they didn't reset the season then I'm sure it's because the cons outweighed the pros.
Glad I refreshed the page cause I was like....no? I'm sorry I definitely didn't say my rank anywhere nor it being onyx haha.

I just wanted your personal opinion on a reset vs non reset, your own personal opinion not reflecting 343s. I mean anyone can just say "they must know better than me" but I would like to know your personal opinion. Your personal pros vs cons.

Or

Maybe I'm being unreasonable man. If I'm being too nit picky and asking to much, I apologize. This is feedback though right? Yours is as important as anyone elses.
ZaedynFel, what is the maximum delta (positive or negative) that MMR can shift from a single game? For example, if you lose a match that trueskill2 determined you had 70% odds of winning (or whatever the max odds the matchmaker allows when expanded skill gaps).

What is the maximum delta CSR can shift?
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Corxpt wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
As it is right now, we see csr inflation. Instead of grinding upwards in rank, we are seeing players going downwards. What you believe to remedy the inflation (even though it is) ends up discouraging players from even getting on halo altogether.
Players not going up but going down in CSR have inflated CSRs, meaning their CSRs are not accurate representations of their skills. So if they don't want to get on, it means they'd rather keep their fake skill over their true skill, because it makes them seem better than they are to everyone else. So what you're saying is that people care more about how other players think of them than actually playing the game itself.

Give people a system where everyone can get the rank they want and they complain it's meaningless. Give them a system that shows their true skill and they complain because they hate to be told they're not as good as they'd hoped they are. It's a lose-lose scenario.
Well, what about all of the other players who are high-level players and their ranks actually do accurately represent their skills but now with this new system we can't even play because of the one csr gain after every win? I literally ran into two High Onyx and Champ teams last night and we all agreed on one thing. There's no point in grinding the game right now because we gain nothing out of it. Currently, I am an Onyx 1828 in Slayer and I can't even grind for champ anymore because the new system believes I am not a good enough player to hold the rank... If I am beating some of the top guys in the playlists, and your system apparently thinks that their ranks don't accurately represent them either who am I suppose to beat to prove that my rank is accurate? This new system is only hurting the population even more.
If you're a high-tier player and only gaining 1 CSR per win, it could means one of two things:
  1. Your CSR isn't actually an accurate reflection of your skill after all.
  2. You won a match against weaker enemies, so since you were expected to win you didn't really show that you increased in skill.
Again, the change rolled out only affects people with inflated CSRs, so if you're affected, it means your CSR is too high. It may be a hard pill to swallow, but ask yourself what you want from a ranking system: something that accurately represents your skill, or something that just makes you look good to other people?

You say you consistently beat the top people in the playlist, but if they also have inflated CSR then they aren't really the top players. And if they do happen to be the top players, then what would happen behind the scenes is that your MMR will go up every time you win, even if your CSR doesn't. So when you MMR catches up, you'll start gaining more CSR again if you keep winning.
I don't believe I said I consistently beat any kind of player or skill level? Did I say that somewhere? I added an edit to my last reply you may have not seen. Can you read the last part and maybe give your 2 cents on it?

And yea, of course we want our skill represented properly. It's how it's being done that's the issue.
That reply wasn't to you but to someone else.

"How it's being done" now is that skill is being more accurately measured than eve before, but since public rank and true skill aren't necessarily the same for some people, a change was rolled out to make them the same. Why didn't 343i just end the current season and start a new one? Who knows. I'm sure they considered that option when figuring out how to address the issue. If they didn't reset the season then I'm sure it's because the cons outweighed the pros.
Glad I refreshed the page cause I was like....no? I'm sorry I definitely didn't say my rank anywhere nor it being onyx haha.

I just wanted your personal opinion on a reset vs non reset, your own personal opinion not reflecting 343s. I mean anyone can just say "they must know better than me" but I would like to know your personal opinion. Your personal pros vs cons.

Or

Maybe I'm being unreasonable man. If I'm being too nit picky and asking to much, I apologize. This is feedback though right? Yours is as important as anyone elses.
The main reason for rolling out before the reset was how far off things were getting faster than anticipated.

The main reason for not resetting is it's a bit early and not everyone is out of sync.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Corxpt wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
As it is right now, we see csr inflation. Instead of grinding upwards in rank, we are seeing players going downwards. What you believe to remedy the inflation (even though it is) ends up discouraging players from even getting on halo altogether.
Players not going up but going down in CSR have inflated CSRs, meaning their CSRs are not accurate representations of their skills. So if they don't want to get on, it means they'd rather keep their fake skill over their true skill, because it makes them seem better than they are to everyone else. So what you're saying is that people care more about how other players think of them than actually playing the game itself.

Give people a system where everyone can get the rank they want and they complain it's meaningless. Give them a system that shows their true skill and they complain because they hate to be told they're not as good as they'd hoped they are. It's a lose-lose scenario.
Well, what about all of the other players who are high-level players and their ranks actually do accurately represent their skills but now with this new system we can't even play because of the one csr gain after every win? I literally ran into two High Onyx and Champ teams last night and we all agreed on one thing. There's no point in grinding the game right now because we gain nothing out of it. Currently, I am an Onyx 1828 in Slayer and I can't even grind for champ anymore because the new system believes I am not a good enough player to hold the rank... If I am beating some of the top guys in the playlists, and your system apparently thinks that their ranks don't accurately represent them either who am I suppose to beat to prove that my rank is accurate? This new system is only hurting the population even more.
If you're a high-tier player and only gaining 1 CSR per win, it could means one of two things:
  1. Your CSR isn't actually an accurate reflection of your skill after all.
  2. You won a match against weaker enemies, so since you were expected to win you didn't really show that you increased in skill.
Again, the change rolled out only affects people with inflated CSRs, so if you're affected, it means your CSR is too high. It may be a hard pill to swallow, but ask yourself what you want from a ranking system: something that accurately represents your skill, or something that just makes you look good to other people?

You say you consistently beat the top people in the playlist, but if they also have inflated CSR then they aren't really the top players. And if they do happen to be the top players, then what would happen behind the scenes is that your MMR will go up every time you win, even if your CSR doesn't. So when you MMR catches up, you'll start gaining more CSR again if you keep winning.
I don't believe I said I consistently beat any kind of player or skill level? Did I say that somewhere? I added an edit to my last reply you may have not seen. Can you read the last part and maybe give your 2 cents on it?

And yea, of course we want our skill represented properly. It's how it's being done that's the issue.
That reply wasn't to you but to someone else.

"How it's being done" now is that skill is being more accurately measured than eve before, but since public rank and true skill aren't necessarily the same for some people, a change was rolled out to make them the same. Why didn't 343i just end the current season and start a new one? Who knows. I'm sure they considered that option when figuring out how to address the issue. If they didn't reset the season then I'm sure it's because the cons outweighed the pros.
Glad I refreshed the page cause I was like....no? I'm sorry I definitely didn't say my rank anywhere nor it being onyx haha.

I just wanted your personal opinion on a reset vs non reset, your own personal opinion not reflecting 343s. I mean anyone can just say "they must know better than me" but I would like to know your personal opinion. Your personal pros vs cons.

Or

Maybe I'm being unreasonable man. If I'm being too nit picky and asking to much, I apologize. This is feedback though right? Yours is as important as anyone elses.
The main reason for rolling out before the reset was how far off things were getting faster than anticipated.

The main reason for not resetting is it's a bit early and not everyone is out of sync.
Thank you...well...I just hope we can all hang on while it adjusts man. I just hate seeing more and more people hop off this game. I love halo 5. I mean if there were a social slayer, I'd be in there so often but then ranked slayer prob would be underpopulated.

Thanks for giving me my true rank btw. Well...it's in your guys hands of course. Despite everyone in an uproar, deep down we're all happy you guys work on this game still vs just letting it go. So thanks, and I hope I didn't waste too much of anyone's time.
Chimera30 wrote:
ZaedynFel, what is the maximum delta (positive or negative) that MMR can shift from a single game? For example, if you lose a match that trueskill2 determined you had 70% odds of winning (or whatever the max odds the matchmaker allows when expanded skill gaps).

What is the maximum delta CSR can shift?
In Slayer, in the last 24 hours, the largest change was an equivalent of 1205 in CSR.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Okay, now I have to ask... what is my MMR in Slayer?
Plat 6 alone, though you could push to Diamond with a decent party.
So, in other words, right now I'm right where I'm supposed to be.

But... Why was I ranked in at Diamond 4 at the beginning of the season? Was that a glitch/bug related to the over-inflation one, or a different bug? Or has my MMR really dropped that much since the beginning of the season? (I wouldn't mind if you were to post a graph, either.)
Because I carried your -Yoink- buddy... lol. j/k

It might be in-part because we were playing in a full party and winning most of our matches during the placement period which also didn't feature the typical -100/200 CSR after placement like previous seasons. A few unexpected wins may have boosted us up -- I mean that's probably what landed me into Onyx a couple times before receding down to Diamond 5.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
ZaedynFel, what is the maximum delta (positive or negative) that MMR can shift from a single game? For example, if you lose a match that trueskill2 determined you had 70% odds of winning (or whatever the max odds the matchmaker allows when expanded skill gaps).

What is the maximum delta CSR can shift?
In Slayer, in the last 24 hours, the largest change was an equivalent of 1205 in CSR.
For reference, someone expected to go 9-6 went 34-4
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Corxpt wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
As it is right now, we see csr inflation. Instead of grinding upwards in rank, we are seeing players going downwards. What you believe to remedy the inflation (even though it is) ends up discouraging players from even getting on halo altogether.
Players not going up but going down in CSR have inflated CSRs, meaning their CSRs are not accurate representations of their skills. So if they don't want to get on, it means they'd rather keep their fake skill over their true skill, because it makes them seem better than they are to everyone else. So what you're saying is that people care more about how other players think of them than actually playing the game itself.

Give people a system where everyone can get the rank they want and they complain it's meaningless. Give them a system that shows their true skill and they complain because they hate to be told they're not as good as they'd hoped they are. It's a lose-lose scenario.
Well, what about all of the other players who are high-level players and their ranks actually do accurately represent their skills but now with this new system we can't even play because of the one csr gain after every win? I literally ran into two High Onyx and Champ teams last night and we all agreed on one thing. There's no point in grinding the game right now because we gain nothing out of it. Currently, I am an Onyx 1828 in Slayer and I can't even grind for champ anymore because the new system believes I am not a good enough player to hold the rank... If I am beating some of the top guys in the playlists, and your system apparently thinks that their ranks don't accurately represent them either who am I suppose to beat to prove that my rank is accurate? This new system is only hurting the population even more.
If you're a high-tier player and only gaining 1 CSR per win, it could means one of two things:
  1. Your CSR isn't actually an accurate reflection of your skill after all.
  2. You won a match against weaker enemies, so since you were expected to win you didn't really show that you increased in skill.
Again, the change rolled out only affects people with inflated CSRs, so if you're affected, it means your CSR is too high. It may be a hard pill to swallow, but ask yourself what you want from a ranking system: something that accurately represents your skill, or something that just makes you look good to other people?

You say you consistently beat the top people in the playlist, but if they also have inflated CSR then they aren't really the top players. And if they do happen to be the top players, then what would happen behind the scenes is that your MMR will go up every time you win, even if your CSR doesn't. So when you MMR catches up, you'll start gaining more CSR again if you keep winning.
I don't believe I said I consistently beat any kind of player or skill level? Did I say that somewhere? I added an edit to my last reply you may have not seen. Can you read the last part and maybe give your 2 cents on it?

And yea, of course we want our skill represented properly. It's how it's being done that's the issue.
That reply wasn't to you but to someone else.

"How it's being done" now is that skill is being more accurately measured than eve before, but since public rank and true skill aren't necessarily the same for some people, a change was rolled out to make them the same. Why didn't 343i just end the current season and start a new one? Who knows. I'm sure they considered that option when figuring out how to address the issue. If they didn't reset the season then I'm sure it's because the cons outweighed the pros.
Glad I refreshed the page cause I was like....no? I'm sorry I definitely didn't say my rank anywhere nor it being onyx haha.

I just wanted your personal opinion on a reset vs non reset, your own personal opinion not reflecting 343s. I mean anyone can just say "they must know better than me" but I would like to know your personal opinion. Your personal pros vs cons.

Or

Maybe I'm being unreasonable man. If I'm being too nit picky and asking to much, I apologize. This is feedback though right? Yours is as important as anyone elses.
I have no opinion because I don't play Halo 5 anymore (for reasons other than rank). Even back when I was playing Halo 5, I didn't care that much about getting the highest rank, and I didn't care that my rank got reset or was below average. What I cared about most was being matched against equally-skilled opponents. I think having an accurate skill system is objectively the best kind, and if there are discrepancies I trust the experts to know what the best thing to do is. I remember having plenty of bad games where I played against probable smurfs or got matched against better players, and it hurt, but I never took it personally, because I understand there is a bigger picture and that the game isn't tailored to me specifically. I think population issues are a major concern and I don't envy 343i for maintaining a functional skill-based matchmaking system.
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
ZaedynFel, what is the maximum delta (positive or negative) that MMR can shift from a single game? For example, if you lose a match that trueskill2 determined you had 70% odds of winning (or whatever the max odds the matchmaker allows when expanded skill gaps).

What is the maximum delta CSR can shift?
In Slayer, in the last 24 hours, the largest change was an equivalent of 1205 in CSR.
For reference, someone expected to go 9-6 went 34-4
Does MMR ever overadjust and then have to correct itself after such a large adjustment?
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
ZaedynFel, what is the maximum delta (positive or negative) that MMR can shift from a single game? For example, if you lose a match that trueskill2 determined you had 70% odds of winning (or whatever the max odds the matchmaker allows when expanded skill gaps).

What is the maximum delta CSR can shift?
In Slayer, in the last 24 hours, the largest change was an equivalent of 1205 in CSR.
For reference, someone expected to go 9-6 went 34-4
Wouldn't that get flagged as a potential outlier which would then simply get ignored in how it would affect a player's MMR/CSR?
eLantern wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Okay, now I have to ask... what is my MMR in Slayer?
Plat 6 alone, though you could push to Diamond with a decent party.
So, in other words, right now I'm right where I'm supposed to be.

But... Why was I ranked in at Diamond 4 at the beginning of the season? Was that a glitch/bug related to the over-inflation one, or a different bug? Or has my MMR really dropped that much since the beginning of the season? (I wouldn't mind if you were to post a graph, either.)
Because I carried you're -Yoink- buddy... lol. j/k

It might be in-part because we were playing in a full party and winning most of our matches during the placement which also didn't feature the typical -100/200 CSR after placement like previous seasons.
Oh, that was your average across all your matches, so not really a recent measure. I think you're currently low Diamond though. Here's your graph for the season. Also, a good example of how much MMR can move around.

mmr
ZaedynFel wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
ZaedynFel, what is the maximum delta (positive or negative) that MMR can shift from a single game? For example, if you lose a match that trueskill2 determined you had 70% odds of winning (or whatever the max odds the matchmaker allows when expanded skill gaps).

What is the maximum delta CSR can shift?
In Slayer, in the last 24 hours, the largest change was an equivalent of 1205 in CSR.
And that was a change in MMR, yes? What would that change be like in terms of tiers (Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc.)? Is going up 1205 points in MMR like going from Plat 1 to Diamond 1 in a single game?

Are changes in CSR limited to a maximum of +/- 30 for any given game?
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
ZaedynFel, what is the maximum delta (positive or negative) that MMR can shift from a single game? For example, if you lose a match that trueskill2 determined you had 70% odds of winning (or whatever the max odds the matchmaker allows when expanded skill gaps).

What is the maximum delta CSR can shift?
In Slayer, in the last 24 hours, the largest change was an equivalent of 1205 in CSR.
For reference, someone expected to go 9-6 went 34-4
Does MMR ever overadjust and then have to correct itself after such a large adjustment?
Hmm. It would be more accurate to say that sometimes MMR isn't confident in your skill, so allows itself to make large adjustments back and forth until it is.
Chimera30 wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
ZaedynFel, what is the maximum delta (positive or negative) that MMR can shift from a single game? For example, if you lose a match that trueskill2 determined you had 70% odds of winning (or whatever the max odds the matchmaker allows when expanded skill gaps).

What is the maximum delta CSR can shift?
In Slayer, in the last 24 hours, the largest change was an equivalent of 1205 in CSR.
And that was a change in MMR, yes? What would that change be like in terms of tiers (Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc.)? Is going up 1205 points in MMR like going from Plat 1 to Diamond 1 in a single game?

Are changes in CSR limited to a maximum of +/- 30 for any given game?
1205 points is like going from the very bottom of bronze (which is 0) to Diamond 1 in one match.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 40