OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. ...
  6. 13
DuskIsland wrote:
Please explain how Trueskill 2 worked in these two games, Josh.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/75f92b0f-93d1-475d-b054-0df3af5b8c95/players/duskisland?gameHistoryMatchIndex=6&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/fd56a82f-3239-43e7-88cb-76e68c73d89c/players/duskisland?gameHistoryMatchIndex=5&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

My unranked friend and me played against a full party twice in a row. As there were 3 onyx and 1 diamond 6 in their team but only 2 diamonds in ours and we were at a disadvantage in party size, I thought our average MMR should be something high enough like above 1600, making it possible to defeat them? Or maybe the matchmaker just left us to lose from the beginning?
Quote:
In our data, we are seeing these non-full parties consistently defeat full parties. In fact, they win 50/50 whenever we can correctly matchmake them.
By the way, they had won 11 games and lost 3 games in TA since they teamed up yesterday.
Everyone in those matches except a player on your team in the second one is actually only Diamond, some low Diamond.

In this case, it's luck. You are losing more than expected, though only have 16 games in TA. Against to4, you are performing exactly as expected (won 1 out of 4), which means the matchmaker was not able to correctly match you. The skill system knew those were hard matchups, but couldn't do anything about them.
ZaedynFel, can you give me a ballpark where my MMR is? If I had to guess I'd say somewhere in platinum since I seem to be playing people with CSRs mostly ranging from gold to diamond.
Alright, to start this off, I do enjoy the new ranking system, however I disagree with it's last decision. For this season I have placed ONYX 1510 in FFA winning 5/10 games. I placed ONYX 1527 in Team Arena winning 4/10 games. Doubles, I'm not fussed there's a 10 CSR discrepancy between Diamond 6 and ONYX 1500. won 4/10 games. Now for the part I'm confused at, the playlist that I performed the best in, and that technically "should" have been higher CSR than any other playlist is actually my lowest at mid Diamond 4, where I won 8/10 games and played extremely well, games which I had bested ONYX 1700+ in some cases and also finishing top 50% of my team. Is there a reason for this?

The only reason why I am actually taking the time to write this out is because I put slayer off for a long time because I wanted to wait for my friends to be on to play it together, in the meantime I ranked my partners account in slayer. ONYX 1538 and for the most part, I got obliterated. I won 3/10 games 4.4kda 136k, 109d, 51a. ONYX 1538 vs 5.5kda 127k, 91d, 58a Diamond 4. I will be honest here, kinda hurt lol, especially when my friends have been watching my ranks lately and we've all been super hyped for that 10th placement.

I am happy for you to share my results publicly :)
Hey Josh, how does a tie game or a game where all my teammates quit affect my placement? Is there a different outcome depending on if I quit a 1v4 or play it out to the end?

• swat on my alt where I quit after all my teammates left Link
  • TA where my team left and I finished the game Link ( its a 3v4 because my squadmate left while the game was loading)
  • TA tie game Link
  • Slayer where I left after my team quit Link
Please bring back the 1700 onyx cap on ranking games. I may not be as skilled as some of the top tier slayer guys, but me and my friends have always enjoyed the challenge of competing against them for top csr ranks and we have beaten the top ranked teams on many occasions. I think it is fair for the top tier players to start at 1700 onyx, but if you want to be top 10 champ or number 1 for that matter you should have to win games to earn it. This update seriously hurts my perception of your ranking system, which (before this update) was my favorite ever in the halo franchise. I mostly play slayer btw.
UK1V wrote:
Alright, to start this off, I do enjoy the new ranking system, however I disagree with it's last decision. For this season I have placed ONYX 1510 in FFA winning 5/10 games. I placed ONYX 1527 in Team Arena winning 4/10 games. Doubles, I'm not fussed there's a 10 CSR discrepancy between Diamond 6 and ONYX 1500. won 4/10 games. Now for the part I'm confused at, the playlist that I performed the best in, and that technically "should" have been higher CSR than any other playlist is actually my lowest at mid Diamond 4, where I won 8/10 games and played extremely well, games which I had bested ONYX 1700+ in some cases and also finishing top 50% of my team. Is there a reason for this?

The only reason why I am actually taking the time to write this out is because I put slayer off for a long time because I wanted to wait for my friends to be on to play it together, in the meantime I ranked my partners account in slayer. ONYX 1538 and for the most part, I got obliterated. I won 3/10 games 4.4kda 136k, 109d, 51a. ONYX 1538 vs 5.5kda 127k, 91d, 58a Diamond 4. I will be honest here, kinda hurt lol, especially when my friends have been watching my ranks lately and we've all been super hyped for that 10th placement.

I am happy for you to share my results publicly :)
The short answer is that the Slayer matches you got were easier than the other matches. It expected you to win 87% of your Slayer matches, and you won 80% instead. Meanwhile, it expected you to win only 33% of your Team Arena matches, but you won 42% instead.

So in one case you came in under expectation, in the other, you went over it.
NightClerk wrote:
ZaedynFel, can you give me a ballpark where my MMR is? If I had to guess I'd say somewhere in platinum since I seem to be playing people with CSRs mostly ranging from gold to diamond.
Yep, mid Plat.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. ...
  6. 13